TGrip 2.5 Reviews

Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Not In Your Gym Bag.
So here is the second part to my IRON BULL STRENGTH GRIP review.
Now these are a bit bigger than the ones I reviewed last time . They essentially do the same thing but on a larger scale of things I guess you could say.

Let me just get right into it and keep this short and simple.

Effectiveness 10
Due to the size of these you can feel them on your first set. That is whether it be curls, barbell rows, pull downs, Presses . It doesn't matter the size of these can really make or break you.

I used them on mostly push movements, Because they are so much bigger than the 2.0 I couldn't grip them as hard and it just seemed to test me a bit more this way. I used them a few times for back and curls but after about 2 or 3 sets I couldn't take it anymore. My forearms would be on fire.

Just using these for 2 movements and for about 3 sets each. Im telling your arms will hate you the next day.

I can tell I have gotten stronger on my bench and military press due to using these. I can also tell my hands are much stronger than a month ago too.

Durability. 9
I cant say they will not ever break or tear. But I can say they are very well made and super tight on the bar. Don't worry about them slipping off the bar. I never had that issue or even thought when using them.
Im sure over time they will show signs of wears and tear, but like a good weight belt.. they should show signs of that.

Value 8
Yes they are about 30- 40 bucks. I know some say that is high.. BUT what does a good pair of gym shoes cost? A good weight belt? A good pair gloves? What I am saying is you can spend that kind of money on just about any number of things to help improve your workouts, So why not get something that is truly going to help! So why the lower rating on value? Well that's because you will simply not be able to use these on every single workout. Because of that I drop the value down a bit.

• FlashSunday
    October 25, 2012

You've convinced me, I think I will buy the 2.0 for now and then work up from there once those have become easy for me.

• lava135
    October 25, 2012

Have you tried Fat Gripz - was wondering if one was preferred over the other or if all bar adapters were pretty similar?

• mhseaver670
    October 25, 2012

Have not used fat grips but like I said I like that these are different sizes. Fat gripz are not.

• October 25, 2012

There are 2 versions of Fat Gripz. The OG and Extreme. I'm guessing they are pretty similar Lava and you probably couldn't go wrong getting either one.

• mhseaver670
    October 25, 2012

Yea I didnt know they know have some different sizes on the fat gripz. Good to know.