TGrip 2.5 Reviews

By: Iron Bull Strength

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 4)
Click here to show all TGrip 2.5 reviews.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Alternative Training
  • Fairly Priced
  • But Not Cheap
Big thanks goes out to the folks over at Iron Bull Strength for providing some of the Expert Reviewers with a pair of the TGrip 2.5s. I have never used any type of grip attachment in the past so I was blazing some new trails here. There are 3 main varieties, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 inch grips. I was provided the 2.5 inchers.

The product is primarily used for increasing overall grip strength and to simulate more muscle growth during exercise. The product does get some time getting used to, so lets break down the effectiveness in an overall category and with specific lifts that I used the product for.

Effectiveness 8: I used the product for 4 types of exercises. Sumo Deadlifts, Barbell bench, dumbbell curls and pullups.
Overall, I noticed that I had to really focus on my grip for the first few times in using these. Since you have lifted your whole lift a certain way, this appear to be mostly a mental adjustment but also a physical one as the wider the grab, the more strength that is required. Additionally, the increased stress on the form arm was noticeable, especially after the lift with the slow burn soreness.

As for the lifts. SumoDeadlifts. I actually really enjoyed using these on Sumo deads. I had to drop the weight a fair amount, but the wider grab made my grip strength much stronger in the 4-6 weeks I used these.

Bench Press. This was not as impressive as the deads in my opinion. I did however make some of my best gains on bench while using this product so, it is hard to argue that getting to 3 bills on bench wasn't at least partially aided by the new grips to simulate different muscle areas.

Dumbbell Curls. The one thing I noticed much like Reinger was the concentration on alternating concentration curls. The contraction was different and again the forearm pump was great.

Pullups. Depending on the apparatus you perform pullups on, the thicker the bar you grab the harder it is. This was noticeable in my opinion. 20% less volume, due to the grip failing much faster. No noticeable increases in pullups over the period however I am fairly high up in the rep range as it is.

So, overall these get a solid 8.5. Good at working on grip strength and attempting to break through a plateau. You can use them on barbells, dumbbells even machines if the handle is not too thick. Solid product.

Value: 7.5
A pair of the iron grips will run you about $40, perhaps a bit less, perhaps a bit more. They are not cheap, but if you are looking at taking your training to a different level and trying to think outside of the box, I highly recommend. Bladeski seal of approval! BOOM!

• chichistrong
    April 7, 2013

I go the 2.5 too and they were tough, but 4 weeks of using them and my foreamrs are ***in jacked. I can see all the different parts of my forearm and my overall grip has definitely increased.

• cjm502

Them BBC Grips!

• mhseaver670
    April 7, 2013

Try them on a tricep rope pushdown.