TGrip 2.5 Reviews

By: Iron Bull Strength

Other Products > Accessories
TGrip 2.5 is a Workout Accessory manufactured by Iron Bull Strength. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your workout routine to assist with specific exercises or goals.

June 21, 2014

• Excellent Pumps
  • Increase Strength And Definition Of Forearm
  • Durable
  • Top Quality
  • Fairly Priced
  • But Not Cheap
Warski here to feed SR.com another review in order to keep the info appetite satisfied!!!

Today, I'd like to discuss my overall experience and impression with the weight lifting accessory knows as the Iron Bull Tgrips 2.5. Tgrips are specially designed to allow lifters to experience the benefits of thick bar/handle training. These benefits include enhanced grip strength and increased strength of the surrounding synergistic muscles involved with grip. Increased thickness encourages additional neuro-muscular activation generated by the increased stability and force demand created by the greater diameter of the handle.

From my experience I can say I am overly satisfied with the results I have obtained through Tgrip's usage. Now to explain the details..

Design (10): Tgrips come in three thickness dimensions; 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0. As noted by the heading of the review section, I am reviewing the 2.5 design. The overall design of the Tgrips is very durable and surprisingly comfortable to the hands. The one thing I especially like is that you can truly "feel" the thickness once grab the bar or handle the grips are attached to. The ridges around the grip also contour well with the anatomy of your hand and allow for a more sturdy grasp. One thing to note though, is that one's impression on the design may depend on the size of the user's hands. My hands are bit bigger than average, so the overall grip felt more secure since I was able to get a good length of my fingers and thumbs around the grips. In summary, the design is durable, comfortable, and well contoured.

Usage (9): I've read some other reviews both here and on other forums that most users tend to limit Tgrips' uses on only a handful of preferred exercises. To each their own, but personally I incorporated Tgrips on a large variety of my exercises movements both compound and isolation. I've used Tgrips of plenty of heavy compound movements including bench press, dead lifts, military presses (both barbell and dumbbell), and other variations of these lifts. I've also used them on isolation movements such as skull crushers, tricep pull downs (both with ropes and steel handles), bicep curls (barbells and dumbbells), and wrist curls. I would say that the only lifts I didn't really incorporate Tgrips was on a few back lifts such as rack pulls and a majority of my leg exercises such as squats. The Tgrips fit securely on most handles and barbells but they can be a bit stubborn to fit on some more loose attachments such as ropes. It depends on the model of handles your gym specifically has in most cases. A major key critical word of advice I will note is that you definitely want to ensure you are grasping the thickened handles, barbells, and dumbbells correctly. What I mean by this is, ensure that the center of your palm firmly wraps around the area directly opposite of the opening indentation. This needs to be done in order for the Tgrips to force maximum muscle activation within your hands and arms. This is also critical for safety because your wouldn't want the direction of force to cause the grip to slip off.

Effectiveness (10): I can honestly say that Iron Bull Tgrips truly do as advertised. Over the course of the time period I've used Tgrips, I've noticed much more definition in my forearms, increased vascularity in my arms overall, increased grip strength, and increased upper body strength overall thanks in part to my ability to incorporate my forearms more effectively as secondary targeted muscles on various lifts. Additionally, I've noticed more flexibility in my wrists and less tendon strain in my hands after big lifts. Lastly, I also get great pumps in my arms particularly on days where arms are the primary target. Overall, these babies work and work well!!!

Value (8): As good as they are, Tgrips aren't the cheapest thing out there. The price range depending on where yu get them and the model you purchase will range 38-42 dollars. This is on the expensive side, but for the results and benefits Tgrips provides, I think it is a worthy investment. Just make sure you do some shopping around.

Overall (9): Expensive?..Yes, but like I said Tgrips 2.5 are excellent for developing forearm and general upper body strength provided your training is both intense, continuous, and well performed. I would recommend you try to incorporate them in as many exercises as you may find comfortable, but definitely into your heavy compound movements when appropriate. Also, while I did review the 2.5 model, ensure you choose a model that suits you. I chose the 2.5 model primarily because I am not new to the concept of thick bar training as noted with my experiences and reviews of the Fat Gripz models. If you are a beginner to the concept, you may want to start with the 2.0 model first. You could always invest in a variety pack but that is your call.

April 27, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Pumps
  • Increase Strength And Definition Of Forearm
  • Durable
  • Top Quality
    Two words: They work!

I personally never thought about getting one of these TGRIP's because I just saw them as unnecessary accessories. I did not see the value in them, but after using them for more than a month I can state that they are a great addition to your gymbag supplies.

I am not going to break down the review on this product like I sually do because it is not a supplement. I will just describe my overall experience in regards to usage, comfort, effectiveness and durability.

Usage (10/10): Every time I saw the picture of one of these TGRIPs, I thought they were made of some soft foam-like material just to add extra thickness on the bar. However, they are made of a special polymer, according to the manufacturer, that allows them to easily be manipulated to put on a regular bar, while maintaining its shape. Regardless of what is made, that is exactly how it works. They are strong, hard and somewhat hard to place on a bar, specially when they are first used. After a few uses, they get a lot easier to place on the bar, but they are still sturdy. You can pretty much use them on any barbell, dumbell (if it fits) and some machines or small bars. They are definitely a versatile product

One thing I liked about them is that you can tell they are top quality, after more than one month of constant usage, they still look new. The only thing that has changed is that it is easier to place them on the bar, but the texture and original look has not.

Comfort (7.8/10): Well, this is relative to the size of your hand and the strength of your grip. I got the 2.5 and they are thicker than 2.0 obviously, but that extra thickness makes a difference. They are not comfortable per se, I don't have a small hand, but is not big either. I can tell you is above average.

It may take a little bit to get used to the way they feel on your hand. They make everything feel freaking heavy and they really make your grip and forearm work twice if not three times as hard. Also, the TGRIPs are not soft in any way; It is a little hard ot describe IMO.

They do not feel like hard plastic in any way, but neither like a thick piece of rubber. They are firm, sturdy and have little indentations that are probably to not make them feel slick.

One thing worth noting is that the TGRIPs add a level of comfort with closegrip bench press that makes them feel easy. Pressure onyour wrist is substantially reduced with the tgrips and this actually made it easier for me to do heavy weigths on Closegrip bench. However, when I did DB rows they made my wrist hurt a little bit, so the comfort definitely can vary from exercise to exercise.

Effectiveness (9/10): They work perfect. Since I added the TGRIPs to my routines of pulling and some pushing exercises, I have noticed my forearms got ripped as hell. One thing I liked about them, is that they make they alway give you a forearm pump. It did not matter if it was a pulling or pushing exercises, the forearm pump was present.

In addition, arms day was superb. The best ***ing pumps I ever had on arms day have been with the TGRIPs. The arm/forearm pumps you get plus the nasty vascularity you seem to develop even further on your forearms, are comparable to the pump of Superdrol on 3rd week. Swolle would be an understatement, is more like engorged.

My grip definitely improved and it was noticeable during deadlifts, rack pulls and barbell shrugs. My grip simply did not give up at all with my regular weight and when I moved up to heavier weigths, I was able to hold on to it for much longer.

Durability(8/10): they seem like they will last forever, they are very well made. I was affraid that after constant usage of widening the TGRIPs to be placed on the bar was actually going to cause a tear in the middle. Nonetheless, it has not happened and I can attribute this to way they are made. They are not different pieces or two halves put together, they are one whole piece.

Overall/Value (9/10): well they are seemingly expensive, around 40-49 on different online retailers (currently 04/26, 41 on their site) but take in consideration that just like we buy a good pair of shoes because we know they will last, the same concept applies here. This is not like a proteins that we have to buy every 4-6 weeks or like some of our staple supplements. The TGRIPs are a one time investment. The only way you will get to buy another pair is if you need to move up in grip difficulty. I definitely recommend this to every bodybuilder or gymrat in here. I think power-lifters will definitely feel the benefits of improving grip, but even if you are not a PL, get some TGRIPs, you will not regret it.

April 7, 2013

• Alternative Training
    • Fairly Priced
    • But Not Cheap
    Big thanks goes out to the folks over at Iron Bull Strength for providing some of the Expert Reviewers with a pair of the TGrip 2.5s. I have never used any type of grip attachment in the past so I was blazing some new trails here. There are 3 main varieties, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 inch grips. I was provided the 2.5 inchers.

The product is primarily used for increasing overall grip strength and to simulate more muscle growth during exercise. The product does get some time getting used to, so lets break down the effectiveness in an overall category and with specific lifts that I used the product for.

Effectiveness 8: I used the product for 4 types of exercises. Sumo Deadlifts, Barbell bench, dumbbell curls and pullups.
    Overall, I noticed that I had to really focus on my grip for the first few times in using these. Since you have lifted your whole lift a certain way, this appear to be mostly a mental adjustment but also a physical one as the wider the grab, the more strength that is required. Additionally, the increased stress on the form arm was noticeable, especially after the lift with the slow burn soreness.

As for the lifts. SumoDeadlifts. I actually really enjoyed using these on Sumo deads. I had to drop the weight a fair amount, but the wider grab made my grip strength much stronger in the 4-6 weeks I used these.

Bench Press. This was not as impressive as the deads in my opinion. I did however make some of my best gains on bench while using this product so, it is hard to argue that getting to 3 bills on bench wasn't at least partially aided by the new grips to simulate different muscle areas.

Dumbbell Curls. The one thing I noticed much like Reinger was the concentration on alternating concentration curls. The contraction was different and again the forearm pump was great.

Pullups. Depending on the apparatus you perform pullups on, the thicker the bar you grab the harder it is. This was noticeable in my opinion. 20% less volume, due to the grip failing much faster. No noticeable increases in pullups over the period however I am fairly high up in the rep range as it is.

So, overall these get a solid 8.5. Good at working on grip strength and attempting to break through a plateau. You can use them on barbells, dumbbells even machines if the handle is not too thick. Solid product.

Value: 7.5
    A pair of the iron grips will run you about $40, perhaps a bit less, perhaps a bit more. They are not cheap, but if you are looking at taking your training to a different level and trying to think outside of the box, I highly recommend. Bladeski seal of approval! BOOM!

October 25, 2012

• Not In Your Gym Bag.
    So here is the second part to my IRON BULL STRENGTH GRIP review.
    Now these are a bit bigger than the ones I reviewed last time . They essentially do the same thing but on a larger scale of things I guess you could say.

Let me just get right into it and keep this short and simple.

Effectiveness 10
    Due to the size of these you can feel them on your first set. That is whether it be curls, barbell rows, pull downs, Presses . It doesn't matter the size of these can really make or break you.

I used them on mostly push movements, Because they are so much bigger than the 2.0 I couldn't grip them as hard and it just seemed to test me a bit more this way. I used them a few times for back and curls but after about 2 or 3 sets I couldn't take it anymore. My forearms would be on fire.

Just using these for 2 movements and for about 3 sets each. Im telling your arms will hate you the next day.

I can tell I have gotten stronger on my bench and military press due to using these. I can also tell my hands are much stronger than a month ago too.

Durability. 9
    I cant say they will not ever break or tear. But I can say they are very well made and super tight on the bar. Don't worry about them slipping off the bar. I never had that issue or even thought when using them.
    Im sure over time they will show signs of wears and tear, but like a good weight belt.. they should show signs of that.

Value 8
    Yes they are about 30- 40 bucks. I know some say that is high.. BUT what does a good pair of gym shoes cost? A good weight belt? A good pair gloves? What I am saying is you can spend that kind of money on just about any number of things to help improve your workouts, So why not get something that is truly going to help! So why the lower rating on value? Well that's because you will simply not be able to use these on every single workout. Because of that I drop the value down a bit.