Shred Belt Reviews

By: Iron Bull Strength

Other Products > Accessories
Shred Belt is a Workout Accessory manufactured by Iron Bull Strength. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your workout routine to assist with specific exercises or goals.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

October 29, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Heats Up Your Core
  • Relieves Lower Back Aches Versitile
  • Heat Could Be Damaging
  • Long Term Use Isn't Fully Tested
  • Questionable Results
This is my first review of a piece of equipment, and I'm really kind of torn on the product.

What can I tell you??

1) It burns - holy hot stomach batman! This thing seriously turns up the heat on your abdominal area as it claims. After about 20 minutes of wearing this thing, you're stomach is on fire. This is the claim for the belt, so from this perspective, it "seems" to really do it's job.

2) I can't honestly say that I lost "extra" weight or size off my stomach from this. I did measurements, and I don't know if it was just the training that I did, but I'm in a calorie deficit, and I didn't lose any inches from my mid section at the highest point. I started at 38.25" and ended at 38.25". So really, did I burn more fat in that area?? I don't know that I can. The one redeeming thing, is that my wife did say to me, "your stomach is looking tighter".....but she's my wife, so I discount that a bit...Love you hon!

3) With all this heat, I can't honestly believe that it's safe to wear this all the time. Heat is generated through radiation, or extra electrons being directed back into your body. The composition of the belt helps to reflect your own internal body temperature back at you. This is evident in that I tried wearing it one time while I was just sitting on the couch watching a football game, and it took longer than the standard 20-30 minutes to feel the burn. I was trying this on purpose, as I was testing how not creating heat would effect it's performance, or if there was something specific that heated up in the materials themselves under pressure. The heat definitely comes from internal to you, and is reflected back into your system. This has me concerned for prolonged use, as increasing heat and "radiation" in the system, can cause some pretty negative effects on the system, and can actually age muscles & skin in a negative manner over time. So what would the long term effects be?? I'm just not sure. This is also concerning considering the location that you apply the belt. Just below your skin and muscular structure in your abdomen is your intestinal tract. Heating this area, could release toxins, and increase stress on the colon and systems further down the tract itself. So are you radiating your insides, and essentially "cooking" yourself?? I'd like to know about long term trials on this, before I recommend using this on a daily basis.

4) Your skin becomes extremely sensitive in the areas that you apply the belt. You definitely notice the red skin, and it irritates the area greatly while you're wearing it. I have a theory that increased temperature causes increased blood flow to the upper epidermis which is somewhat the point of the belt, in that what they're trying to promote is higher blood flow to these areas where white blood cells are stored, creating a better opportunity for lypolysis and fat loss. What's bad, is the skin stays sensitive in this area for some time. If you wear this, and go to take a shower, you have to be careful with the water temperature, and try to wait at least 10-15 minutes, otherwise it feels like acid has been spilled on those areas, and hot water will feel awful!

I do agree with Line6breed, in that I did have a back issue one day, and flipped the belt around, and put the reflective pads on my back instead of stomach, and it loosened up the muscles quite nicely.

I also have to say, for a $90 piece of equipment, it can hold great value. After a full month of using the belt, I don't think it's breaking down, and it's just as effective as day 1. It also is made of high quality materials, and since it's not like a pull up bar or a treadmill where you have to change your routine to use it, this you can strap on at anytime throughout your workout, and it won't hinder your movement or what you're going to do that day. So it's complimentary to anything, which makes it much easier to use. In this sense, it has great value.

My whole issue with it, is that it potentially could have health concerns for long term use, which does knock the value down. If I can't use it for 60-90 days without being concerned about the heat, then it's not quite as nice.

I also can't say that I had a noticeable change in my body composition, with any certainty. This is probably my biggest sticking point. I worked out 4 days a week regularly, and was on a calorie deficit diet, and I didn't see any change in my waist......now to it's defense, I didn't see ANY change in my waist. I had been experiencing changes up until this point, so maybe there was something off this month that I'm not aware of, but I can only report what I experienced in this time.

So my review really is split. I'll actually keep using the product, and maybe my experience will be different, and I'll come back and report on it, but as of now, this is what I can report.

October 18, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Heats Up Your Core
  • Relieves Lower Back Aches Versitile
  • Keeps Your Regular
  • Needs More Sizes
Before I kick this review huge thanks Iron Bull Strength for sending out these belts for me and my fellow ER brethren to try. This is a stand up company that provides quality training equipment.

Effectiveness:9/10
When I first received this product I had my mind made up that it was going to be garbage just like the rest of those ab belt gadgets that's been around for years. My expectations for this belt was little to none. The cool thing about this belt is that you actually feel it working. Five minutes into wearing the shred belt your mid section begins to heat up at about the 10 minute mark your mid section is literally cooking to the point that it feel like fire is on your tummy. what makes this all more interesting is once you remove the shred belt the heated feeling around your tummy continues for a good amount of time. When I started wearing the shred belt my waist was 35 inches over a month later my waist is down to 31 inches. Now was that completely the work of the shred belt no not at all my diet has been spot on along with my training.. I also noticed that after taking the shred belt off I always had to drop a duce which tells me that the waste in my stomach was being broken down. So how cam I justify giving this belt a 9/10 simple because it works!

How does it work The Shred Belt works through E-mag technology. basically the shred belt emits a series of electromagnetic rays to your stomach, and penetrate deep under the skin and is directly absorbed by your fat cells effectively increasing blood flow to your adipose tissues. What this does is increase the blood flow to your stomach. From the research I gathered when fat accumulates blood flow is reduced. By improving blood flow/circulation the fat in your stomach can be mobilized more easily by the body and used as energy. The shred belt also claims to eliminate metabolic waste which seems to be true since it helped keep me regular.

I chose to use my shred belt during weight training.I could never use it for a whole workout simply because it gets too hot. Another use I found for the belt was to put the Emag spot around my lower back it worked liked icy hot or a heating pad to relieve my lower back pain. The problem I have with this belt is that once my waist became smaller I could not get it to fit snugly around my waist. It still works but it just moves around a lot more than I would like

Value:10/10
The Shred Belt will cost you $79.99 with a 30 day money back guarantee. At first glance that might seem pricey but not if you compare it to all those other stupid ems belts that you have to replace the pads and buy gel for. Also with those other belts you need a power source like batteries or a plug outlet. The Shred Belt pays for itself you will never have to replace any of that crap and you can wear it anywhere its durable and easy to clean.

Overall:9/10
The science and technology behind this belt was and is simply brilliant. This is a product that pays for itself and what makes it even better is this company keeps it real with you and tells you straight up that along with diet and exercise you will achieve that six pack you want. Its not like those tv ads were they say just wear this belt and a six pack will come. The proof in the science behind this belt is all there so if your willing to put in the work rest assure this belt will get you over the hump!