Ranks #186 (better than 22%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

SIDEWALK KRAKA is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Iron Addicts. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for misleading marketing and misinformation.
Wade419
  April 15, 2017

(Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
CT Fletcher's new product line has been receiving early praise from the fitness community and they kick anywhere near as hard at the man himself does, then I most definitely need to hop on board for a CT approved preworkout! Shout out to Iron Addicts for giving me the opportunity to test out their new flagship pre-workout product! Now lets see how it stacks up to the competition...

----Ingredient Profile----
Beta-Alanine (3.2g): Clinically dosed common preworkout ingredient that works by delaying lactic acid production by acting as a buffer. One of the few supplement ingredients with legitimate research studies that confirm the claims that it makes!

Glycerol Powder 65% (1g): Glycerol powder works by aiding the body in water storage to delay dehydration and improves the muscles capacity to retain additional water and give you that extra pump that most people take pre-workouts for in the first place.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Precursor to nitric oxide production that has shown promise in recent years with being an effective pump increasing agent and is clinically dosed!

Choline Bitartrate (500mg): Aids in focus during the workout and has significant research available to back up its claims.

Caffeine (300mg): Pretty standard caffeine dose in most above-average stimulant preworkouts.

Eria Jarensis Extract (200mg): I'll have to go more in-depth in regards to this ingredient in the efficiency portion of my review but this chemical works very similarly to how the almighty DMAA used to work. There is currently very little legitimate research behind this supplement but it does seem to be an effective ingredient. It should also be noted that it is dosed in Sidewalk Kraka much higher than in other similar products.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the pleasure of trying the Muthafuckin' Watermelon (yes, this is not a typo and is the actual flavor name haha) and it really is quite delicious. It has a pretty strong sweet flavor that is complemented by a little tartness and would likely be perfect for any watermelon fans. It mixes really well with 8oz of water, leaves minimal residue after a good shake and is dosed easily with a mini 10g scooper that is pretty compatible with pouring into any workout bottle.

----Effectiveness----
I typically take my pre-workouts in the parking lot just prior to getting into the gym and I must say that every time I used Sidewalk Kraka I felt the beta-alanine tingles within the minute of chugging it down but I'm not surprised considering it's dosed clinically. After throwing my stuff into a locker and getting onto the gym floor the rest of the ingredients kick in full-swing and you really do get the CT Fletcher vibe of lifting as soon and as much as possible for the entire workout. The pumps are excellent, the focus stays strong and constant, and the stimulants keep you hyped the whole way through. Sidewalk Kraka gives you an alpha-like feeling in the gym that is likely due to the Eria Jarensis Extract that I mentioned earlier and it really does help you power easily through your workouts at full power. Since the caffeine content isn't overdone either you don't really get any horrible incidence of crashing following your exercise. It's too bad there's no inclusion of creatine but it can be cheaply added if you want that extra energy and it makes Kraka a better option for people that avoid it.

Outside of the gym around the time I was using Sidewalk Kraka I was required to take a mandatory drug test for an internship through my graduate program and I ended up testing positive for amphetamines! I initially had no idea what would cause this to happen but when I inspected the Sidewalk Kraka label I did additional research on Eria Jarensis Extract and found that the molecular structure of this compound is very similar to amphetamine and can easily cause a false positive on a drug test. The fact that this product includes significantly more Eria Jarensis Extract than most other supplements is also the reason why someone would more likely test positive using Sidewalk Kraka compared to another product containing it, so I would like to caution any individuals that may need to take a drug screen in the near future stay away from this product because the chance of failing will be very high and the talk you would need to have with your employer would likely be very awkward...because it definitely was for me! I read over the product label and even checked out the Iron Addicts website for any warnings regarding drug testing false positives and found no information, so I believe that any company that releases a product should assume some responsibility if that product causes a failed drug screen without any prior warnings. So just be careful because the myths about potentially testing positive are a real possibility..... especially if you use Sidewalk Kraka.

----Value----
At $40 for a 30 serving tub you pay about $1.33 per workout to run this stuff. I must say that I was very happy with the product itself and I do believe that it's worth its price over $1 per serving considering its ingredient label and effectiveness but just use caution regarding the whole drug screen thing so you don't waste money on a product you can't even take! I do believe that IronAddicts could have afforded to drop the price to $35 to be quite a bit more enticing to consumers but I can't complain too much on the $40 price tag to begin with.

----Side Effects----
Failed drug screen for amphetamines! Minor crashing following workouts.

----Conclusion----
I personally really did enjoy using Sidewalk Kraka during the time that I ran the product and would likely continue use of the product once I'm fully in the clear from additional future drug tests due to my initial false positive but that doesn't excuse the fact that Iron Addicts has not educated its consumers on the potential results that can arise from a drug test while using it. It really does have all the makings of an excellent pre-workout product at a good price so I can't dock them too harshly on the drug screen thing but it did happen and can't be ignored which is why the overall score has been lowered. CT did a great job with collaborating on a kick-ass new preworkout product that does truly capture some of the craziness that we have all come to love about him but unfortunately they failed to acknowledge serious risks that can arise to its customers, maybe they should rename it Sidewalk Krack to at least give a little heads up. Cheers Fellas!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Great Pumps
  • Causes False Positive Drug Screen
  • Lacks Warning Label On Ingredients
  • Muthafuckin' Watermelon: 8/10

• sergiosays
    TROOPer Level: 27
    8 days ago

oh poo man! were their any negative repercussions for testing positive on the test? what happen to your internship?

• sergiosays
    TROOPer Level: 27
    8 days ago

nice heads up! and on the positive side at least this PWO seems to provide some effectiveness for you

• Wade419
    8 days ago - Last Edited: 2017-04-15 22:04:30

Ay sergiosays,

man it was crazy hectic for the first few days when I found out but I was re-tested immediately and thankfully wasn't still using Sidewalk Kraka when the re-test happened so I was negative and my internship just had to start a few days late but it's all good now brotha lol thanks tho - I just wanna educate all you guys so the same thing doesn't happen to someone else :/

• Xcmiler
    TROOPer Level: 9
    8 days ago

Nice review, I have heard of DMAA causing a false positive but not EJ, glad it worked out for you in the end.

• jslice777
    8 days ago

funny this just happened to me at my work. however i've been running total war which has a little less dmha. my employer does a 2 step drug screen one quick initial screen and then one that gets sent out to some lab. my initial screen i failed for amphetamines but the second actual lab test came back fine. i was so confused on what it could be and the only thing i could think of was the dmha. glad to know i was not alone but after this i would think it's very possible that any supplements with dmha will cause a false positive

• abailey108
    TROOPer Level: 45
    5 days ago

Good review. Yeah the initial drug screens a lot of companies use are just urine tests that simply make something turn color if it detects anything even related to illegal substances. I have yet to see anyone fail for DMAA of DMHA on a full panel test (the kind that get sent to a lab).

• Wade419
    3 days ago

Hey abailey108,

It was actually a 10-panel screen and it was a urine sample that was sent to a legitamite laboratory for testing, I actually think you have a greater chance of getting a false positive if it's lab tested because their equipment is quite a bit more sensitive and picks up more trace amounts of target compound compared to what you would buy at Walmart