Midnight Dream has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas

Midnight Dream Reviews

By: Iron Addicts

Overall
Overall
9.6
9.8

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Ingredient Profile
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Actually Works
  • Great Sleep
  • Great Recovery
  • May Be Discontinued

Quite simply one of the best, no, the best sleep-aid/GH booster I have taken to date. The formula is spot on, the flavours amazing and the effectiveness hits you just like you wish every other sleep-aid would.

What up SR community, tonight I'll be writing up my review for Iron Addicts Midnight Dream, IA's go at a sleep-aid/GH booster product. I was tossing up on whether to write this review or not, as it is listed on this site and also on some online retailers are discontinued. However, on the IA's website, it is in stock and available (and the same formulation that I reviewed) and also available at a lot of other places too, so I figured if people can still buy it then a review is worth it.

A little background, I picked up Midnight Dream as a BOGO so I got to pick 2 flavours, and intended to take this through the winter months so I could get decent sleep while I juggled working, a 2 year old (and 1 on the way), building your own dream home and gym life. Needless to say, when I was asleep, I needed to be proper asleep. Let's dig into it.

9.9/10

OK, I couldn't give this a 10 because supplements are always being developed and at some point in time a better profile will come out, but this is the best ingredient profile for a sleep-aid/GH booster I've ever seen on any supplement to date. 1g Phenibut (I love it, and I don't get dependent on it), 1g Mucuna Puriens, 1g GABA, 750mg phenylalanine, 600mg valerian root, 500mg L-theanine, 35mg of zinc aspartate and 5mg melatonin. Convince me that's not the sleep-aid/GH boosting profile of your dreams. Perhaps a 200mg of 5-HTP would be the icing on the cake, but hey, looking at this profile you already know you're getting a good sleep from this. I especially like that IA didn't do the old 'we'll skimp on individual doses so we can use the magical 'synergistic effect' term to fool the masses'. They used effective doses on most of the ingredients without compromise.

I had 2 flavours, Root Beer and Apple Cider. Root Beer was serious 9.5/10 (I was surprised too). Apple Cider was just meh, 7/10.

Mixing was excellent, most of the time I didn't even bother with a shaker, just a swirl in a glass was good enough. I have to admit I've been taking a lot of my good tasting supps straight to the dome lately, and I did that a few times with the root beer flavor. I feel like cookie monster heating up cookie dough on a spoon in the bathroom.

Dosing was as follows: On most nights 5g would be fine (1 serving is suggested at 7.5g) for a good 8 hours sleep. On the weekends I would take a full 7.5g and get an easy 8+ hours sleep. I would notice that on full scoop days I would have a little sleep hangover, so I avoided doing that during weekdays. I would take my serving about 20-30 minutes before bed. I didn't feel the need to deviate from this dosing schedule as the effectiveness was maintained throughout the 2 tubs.

9.8/10

So this stuff works (surprise surprise). 10mins after taking Midnight Dream I would feel the standard sleep-aid calmness come over me, and the eyelids start to droop. I like to do 15mins of stretching before bed, no screen time and just unwind before bed. During this time I could feel Midnight Dream kicking in, relaxing me and getting me ready for sleep. By the time I actually got into bed I was pretty much asleep already.

On both weekdays and weekends once I was asleep I would be dead to the world (and I am normally a light sleeper most times). This is not unusual though, a lot of sleep-aids do help me get a deeper sleep, it's just a sign they're working. One thing I did not really get a lot of were the vivid dreams some sleep-aids give you. I felt like I was just dead out from the time I hit the pillow until the alarm went off. I would not get a sleep hangover from Midnight Dream, unless I fully dosed it or heap scooped it and it was the weekend, and I was probably feeling a bit lazy then anyway.

I felt my recovery was improved during my time using Midnight Dream. Normally I don't notice the GH booster properties of sleep-aids, but with Midnight Dream I could definitely feel it helping, with the standard chest and legs recovering from a tough session half a day or so quicker than normal.

I picked Midnight Dream up on BOGO for something crazy like $30 for 2 tubs. For that I'd mainline it for life. It's available at the IA website for $30, and guys like A1 are flogging it off for $35-40 a tub. That's somewhere around $1/serving if you full-scoop it and I think that's great value for something that really works.

Side Effects

None to report, a slight sleep hangover when full-scooping on the weekends, but as said above, that may be due to me being lazier on the weekends. No issues during the week on a slightly less than 1 scoop serving.

Conclusion

9.4/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my time taking Midnight Dream, so much so that I am searching the web to stock up on more tubs if it truly is discontinued, just so I have tubs of this stuff in my cupboard. It's not often I do that with supps. The ingredient profile and the effectiveness of those ingredients were outstanding. Would I buy this product again with my own money? You betcha, I am looking for it now. Would I recommend this product to others? Absolutely. Thanks for reading guys.
  • Root Beer: 9/10
  • Apple Cider: 7/10

• SDS1582
    September 24, 2018

Great review, thanks! Do you or have you ever taken just plain old melatonin? If so, how is this any different in terms of how quickly you fall asleep, quality of sleep, and how you feel in the morning. I don't have insomnia by any beans but I could definitely benefit from more sleep. Many times if I wake up at like 2 or 3 AM, I can't fall back to sleep and am up for the day, even though I don't necessarily need to be. I have been contemplating sleep aid supps for awhile now so I'm just curious how this is different from melatonin from an effect standpoint.

• BigHoop65
    September 24, 2018

@SDS1582 traditionally, melatonin effects rely heavily on if your body lacks it on its own.

but be advised on something like Midnight dream that has phenibut... there are rules (yes, consider them rules) to how much and how often you take phenibut.

Otherwise, feel free to explore different sleep aids if you have the luxury of the time for a full night's sleep.

• Diesel656
    September 25, 2018

Going to have to try this.

• davidian
    September 25, 2018

It's a significant effectiveness increase over straight melatonin. To me melatonin is just an additional ingredient in sleep aids, the Phenibut, GABA, l-dopa etc do all the hard work in my opinion. As big hoop said melatonin effectiveness depends on how much you are producing yourself.

Good luck trying to get some of this, cos i'm taking it all!