iQ2 Premium Nootropic Supplement Reviews

By: iQ2Labs

iQ2 Premium Nootropic Supplement is a Nootropic manufactured by iQ2Labs. It is natural supplement that supports increased mental focus and concentration.
6.9

March 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing
  • ALCAR Dose Is Low
  • Effects Dropped Off
  • Poorly Packaged With 2 Weeks Missing

Thanks to iQ2 Labs for letting me try this out! This is one of my first experiences using nootropics for a sustained period of time. I wanted to see if all the hype about focus and cognition was true.

6.5/10
iQ2 Labs claims that great nootropic ingredients are included "clinically effective doses." This is not completely true. There are some great nootropic ingredients in here, such as DMAE, Vinpocetine, ALCAR, Choline, and Huperzine-A. However, the doses are not always in line with what I consider "clinically effective." The most notable example here is ALCAR which is listed at 150mg but Examine lists the efficacious dose as 630-2500mg. Vinpocetine is also underdosed, but the difference depends on your purposes for taking it. Personally, I'd want more cognitive promotion effects (30-45mg) as opposed to neuroprotective ones (15-60mg) but since either fit the nootropic label, I consider this just slightly underdosed. I couldn't find much concrete information on DMAE but I believe this is also underdosed compared to the 250mg-500mg ranges I found. On the other hand, Choline Bitartrate is within the proper dose range but the bitartrate form may not be effective for nootropic purposes according to Examine.

On the positive side, Huperzine-A is dosed at 100mcg, which is right in the middle of the efficacious dose range of 50mg-200mg. If you were to take another serving later in the day you'd be at the maximum of the range. Additionally, there is Raw Cacao Bean Powder and Guarana Seed Extract, which I assume are largely present as natural sources of caffeine (80mg) and to provide some antioxidant properties. I prefer natural sources of caffeine that carry some small additional benefits, be it green tea or cacao bean powder so this is a plus in my eyes. Also, 80mg of caffeine is near perfect for a nootropic for me as I like to take them in the morning when I'm also having coffee or some caffeinated beverage out of habit.

There is no taste or aftertaste to these pills. They were about average sized and easy to swallow. I took 2 in the morning before breakfast most days and occasionally after breakfast if I forgot due to morning brain fog. I didn't take a day off like some nootropics suggest since iQ2 did not recommend this on the label. A few times I took a second dose in the afternoon but this was uncommon.

I'm relatively new to nootropics so I cannot really compare this to much other than my starting state and to another nootropic I am currently using. Perhaps this is good though as it is somewhat indicative of a beginner's experience with nootropics.

After about 3-4 days, I started to notice a more wholesome, positive feeling in the morning. I wake up early to commute to work and as I would walk to the Metro in the morning, I just felt happier. After about a week of use, I started to feel more "alive" in the mornings. In other words, I felt like I had been up and caffeinated for two hours. Additionally, I felt slightly less stressed out, even on days when I'd have a lot to balance/do. Unfortunately, the bottle ran out after about two weeks, which is quicker than the 30 days you'd get from a 60 count bottle. I expect the results I experienced would amplify with continued use, especially another 2 weeks but I have no true way to verify/prove this.

As my days went on, I noticed a progressive tapering off of the early morning effects. For example, after lunch I'd feel like my normal self. This is likely why iQ2 Labs suggests taking a second dose later in the day. I did this a few times but just didn't feel the same as I did earlier. This may be due to externalities that naturally come with the later hours of the day, such as having eaten more food or encountered more stressful or negative situations. Still, it is worth nothing that I didn't feel that a second dose was worth the increased cost per day.

I also felt moderate cognitive enhancement during my use, especially towards the end. For example I may have finished my work in the morning a few minutes early. It was nothing huge, but it was noticeable. The few times I took this later in the day I did not notice any increases in cognitive ability. I also did not experience any sort of increased capacity for memory or anything along those lines like I had hoped. Maybe I am a bit naive when it comes to understanding the realistic effects from nootropics but I would have liked to at least notice a slight increase in my ability to remember things throughout the day.

Simply put, this is not a good value. It is not absolutely trash since you are getting some good ingredients and the effects are noticeable. However, with the cost ranging from $50 for a subscription from iQ2 Labs or $60 for a single bottle, this is a bit much. Of course buying the raws would be cheaper, but this is true with nearly every supplement. Still, I can find plenty of nootropic competitors that have better or similar dosages for half the price. It could be worse, but unless you find this for a better price or just trust this brand to be your introduction to the nootropic market, I'd suggest looking elsewhere for your nootropic needs.

Side Effects

N/A
I did not experience any side effects while taking this supplement.

Conclusion

6.5/10
iQ2 Labs' nootropic competitor is good introduction to the market, but it should not be the last one you try. I experienced decent results for a first time nootropic user but I was still left wanting increases in cognitive and memory capacity. Perhaps this would come with more time, but it is hard to tell. Furthermore, the results I did experience were noticeable but also somewhat weak. Again, these may have been amplified with time but I cannot verify this. Still, I'd normally recommend this, at least for beginners, but given the price I'd suggest you just look for a competitor supplement that will likely produce similar, if not better, results for about half the price. That's not to say there's anything wrong with this supplement or that I did not enjoy this run but the cost effectiveness is just not there. Ultimately, I gave this a 6.5 aftering averaging the ingredient profile, effectiveness, and cost scores which are most relevant here.

Overall
Overall
6.8
  February 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing
  • Mental Clarity
  • Limited Availability
  • ALCAR Dose Is Low

I am a competing powerlifter and am currently cutting down, so I won't have go up to the next weight class (currently 2lbs over). My next meet is in June, so I have plenty of time, and this will be a slow cut. I like using nootropics pre-workout as I find they help my focus during the workout. I'm a bit hyperactive and it's easy for my mind to wander way from the task at hand.

Thanks IQ2 for letting me try their nootropic supplement.

This is the third nootropic I have used. I have also used Focus XT (both the stimmed and stim free version), and Noowave's The High Performer. Before I started using established nootropics, I made my own with piracetam and Alpha GPC.

This product is a blend of well known nootropics, e.g. choline bitrartrate, ALCAR, vinpocetine, and Huperizine-A to name a few. It's advertised as having a "clinically effective dose of each ingredient," however I think the ALCAR and the choline bitartrate are too low.

ALCAR is usually dosed from 500mg-2g in products and there's only 150mg here. There's also 400mg of choline bitartrate, and I'd like to see at least 500mg.

I think the vinpocetine and the Huperizine A are well dosed, and I wasn't as familiar with the other ingredient, so I won't give an opinion on them.
Overall, I'd give the formula a 7/10. I like the ingredients that they used. I just think there needs to be more for some of them.

One serving is two gel caps, so there is no taste or mixabilty to consider here. The pills are easy to swallow and taking two pills isn't very hard, so the dosing is fine.

Within 10 minutes or so of taking the product, my mood would improve. I would feel less agitated and more relaxed. There was also increased mental clarity, but the mood elevation was more pronounced for me.

Another benefit I saw when I used this product was that it seemed to mitigate the crash that I felt on days I took pre-workouts with either DMAA or DMHA. Both ingredients have given me effective workouts, but I tend to want to just climb into bed and nap for three hours when I get home.

Taking this supplement after my workout but before breakfast, made dealing with the crash easier to deal with, and made me more productive in the hours right after my workout.

I'd give the experience 8/10. I did not get the laser sharp focus that I got with other products, but I did have noticeable mental clarity and mood elevation.

This product is expensive. Right now, you have to get it from the manufacturer, and either spend $60 to get a bottle (which is 30 servings) or $50/month if you get a subscription. I think that's too much. To compare it to a similar product, Noowave's High Performer is $40 for 30 servings and it's also only available direct from the manufacturer. Of course, if you look at other nootropics with a wider availability, you can get them even cheaper.

IQ2's product is supposed to be coming to other stores, soon so hopefully the price will go down as the availability goes up, and the stores have to compete with each other. Right now, however, this product is just not worth what it costs.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects when taking this product. I wouldn't expect any given this formula.

Conclusion

I do think think this is a decent product, I just can't recommend buying it at it's price and dosing. You can get more liberally dosed products cheaper from other brands.

February 16, 2017

• Poorly Packaged With 2 Weeks Missing

Nootropic supplements have always been an interesting categories for me to not necessarily just boost my performance in the gym but with a greater primary focus on my entire daily life. I've seen iQ2 quite a few times with good reviews from other SR members and wanted to give it a try to hopefully boost my efficiency at an physical therapy clinic that I am currently interning at. So thanks to IQ2 Labs for giving me the opportunity to test out their flagship product.

Choline Bitartrate (400mg): Choline is one of the most popular cognitive boosting supplements in the market for good reason. It is converted in the body to acetylcholine which are our brain's neurotransmitters to relay messages from one area to another. It's typically dosed between 250-500mg for general health purposes but has been known to be dosed up to 2000mg for optimal brain enhancing effects.

Raw Cacao Bean Powder (400mg): This is a compound rich in antioxidant with a plethora of potential health benefits, with its most popular effects being from improving blood pressure, circulation, and overall cardiovascular health.

Guarana Seed Extract (200mg): Guarana has similar effects to caffeine and is generally known for its stimulant properties. This stimulant properties may also result in improved weight loss that it is commonly associated with.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine (150mg): This is another very popular ingredient that has been around the supplement scene for sometime. It works by improving the energy efficiency and production of the brain's mitochondria and has been shown in clinical studies to boost cognitive ability, memory, and mood.

DMAE Bitartrate (100mg):
Vinpocetine (10mg):
Huperzine-A (100mcg):

IQ2 is dosed in capsules and thus have no flavor to rate. They go down fairly easily and are standard sized capsule that should be no problem for most individuals to swallow and digest. The dosing is recommended at 2 capsules in the morning prior to breakfast, which is simple to perform on regular basis with other supplements that the individual is likely taking as well upon waking (vitamins, CLA, fish oils, meds etc). A normal bottle has 60 capsules also, which will last you 30 days if taken at the regular daily dosing. It should be noted here though that the bottle that I was given was grossly under packaged with capsules and only lasted slightly over 2 weeks but I will get more into this later in the review.

I decided to originally try out IQ2 to give me a bit of a boost in the morning for work since I've been feeling very groggy and even a little clouded during my shift. After taking IQ2 for about 3 days I did start noticing some significant improvements with my energy and efficiency of work throughout the day. I would start my mornings with a clearer mind and just felt more like "myself" throughout the day if that makes any sense. I wake up very early for my job and around the afternoon I start slowing down and get less effective with my overall work performance, which happened at much much less degree when I was taking IQ2. However, it must be noted that the particular bottle that I received was severely under packaged with capsules and only lasted slightly over 2 weeks. I would consider this wholly unacceptable for any company and blunders like this should be extremely rare if at all considering that the manufacturing process should be fully machine automated. So I was unable to complete a full 30 day supply of IQ2 due to running out. Due to the nature of this review though I will have to review this product for what I thought of it up to the point that I stopped and the fact that it was under packaged will reflect onto my overall score.

I found the product through their website at $50 for a month supply. I don't personally believe that this product warrants that high a price point for its particular ingredient list and dosing. I guess you can also assume that I'm partially biased since I did not get a chance to test a full month of IQ2 as well. I think that this product could be more competitively priced at $35-40, which would make it much more appealing to the general public.

Side Effects

I personally had no side effects using IQ2.

Conclusion

IQ2 Labs seems to have concocted an effective all-in-one nootropic supplement that is mainly assists in improving cognitive function. Considering that IQ2 is their only product it's no surprise that they would invest their time and money into a product that can provide results when taken properly. I just can't get over the fact that I was given a bottle that was this severely under packaged. I would understand if it was off by a few days but having half of the bottle missing should be something that is noticed prior to shipping out, and if it happened to me then I'm sure it's happened to other consumers in the past as well. I do believe that this is an effective product but should be re-priced since it likely won't entice most knowledgeable consumers on supplemental value to stay on board at $50 a pop. IQ2 was a decent product for what I was able to sample but it just can't get my nod of approval due to overall pricing and my particular packaging. Cheers!

January 3, 2017

• Increase Focus
  • Limited Availability

iQ2 I would like to thank you for sending a full bottle of these amazing capsules! I used these mostly for my 9-5 shift. I work at a financial institution and my role with the company has me brainstorming, problem solving and presenting. iQ2 really came in handy!

iQ2 comes with a lot of good stuff in it, and best of all It's Fully Disclosed!!

A couple of the ingredients that you look for in a nootropic are: Huperzine, Choline Bitartrate, Raw Cacao Bean Powder.

Taste: no real taste as these are capsules, when you open the bottle does have a mild herbaceous aroma to it.

Mixability: N/A

Dosing: Normally I took 2 capsules (1 serving) in the morning between 8am-8:45am before breakfast and an extra capsule (1/2 serving) around 2pm-3pm. Sometimes I dosed this at 3 capsules in the morning 1 full serving at 8:30am and then the 3 capsule at 10:30am or 11am. I used the latter of the 2 when I had a lot to accomplish in the mornings

Yes, iQ2 is effective! My job requires me to complete certain task, tests and many other mentally draining activities. I noticed that once breakfast was down the hatch iQ2 would slowly creep up. I completely stopped drinking coffee because I really didn't need it or want it! I would notice this mental clarity, the only way I can describe it is it felt as if you're in low lighted room and someone turned up the lights and also turned up the brightness like you can do on your TV. Once I got to this stage I was in the zone on whatever task/tasks I need to accomplish. We have to take these required lending test on a bunch of regulations and they are boring! With iQ2 I was able to breeze through them and even complete 3 of them in 1 morning.

In the past I stacked Acytel L-Carnitine with fish oils and got some great results, so I decided to do the same with an actual Nootropic. (I see momo1 did this as well) I also experienced a longer effect from these when stacked with the fish oil, I never really timed it so I don't know if it actually lasted longer. It did however happen to kick in faster when taken with fish oil.

The following is based on their regular price: iQ2 will run you about $59.95 for a single bottle (30-day supply) or you can subscribe to receive a monthly bottle of iQ2 for $49.95.

Now the iQ2 rep has been kind enough to offer all SupplementReviews.com readers a $10.00 off coupon code that puts iQ2 in a more ideal price point for the consumer. If you read the reps response you can see that iQ2 is a company that cares about its products and stands by it 100%. I also noticed that they put some of their ingredients though testing to make sure they are getting the quality that they want.

Coupon code: SR10

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really enjoyed my whole experience while on iQ2. It's very unlikely that it raised my IQ but it did increase my productivity at work, kept my mind clear for any task and didn't make me crash at all. It felt like I was always in a state of wellbeing!

Thanks SR for making this connection possible!

6.4
  December 19, 2016

• Increase Memory Retention
  • Effects Dropped Off
  • Limited Availability

I would like to thank iQ2Labs and the Troopers for allowing me to take iQ2 for a run. I have used many Nootropic in the past, some that were heavy in caffeine and those with a bunch of property stuff mixed in like a NYC hot dog; which by the way, still taste good. When I saw iQ2 come up for the troopers, I was interested in giving it a shot when I saw the ingredients label. Did iQ2 raise my IQ? Let us find out

Right off the back, all the ingredients are fully disclosed which is nice to see a company be transparent with what is in their product. Normally in the past, when I bought any Nootropic products, they would contain a high dose of caffeine, Piracetam, Phenibut, and Noopept, just to name a few. iQ2 has a number of goodies which work well together, here are a couple of them:

Huperzine - This improves cognitive performance and mental stimulation. There is 100 mcg, which is clinically does, which the recommended amount is between 50 to 200 mcg.

DMAE Bitartrate - This helps by improving focus, increase physical and mental stamina; there is 100 mg, which is on the low side, where in some studies, they found that between 200 mg to 500 mg, patients felt an immediate difference in their mental awareness.

Vinpocetine - This one has a number of benefits that help with blood flow, increase memory function, and it has been used in the treatment of Alzheimer's. There is 10mg, which is the lowest recommended amount, some studies have shown that between 20 - 60 is still safe, but in my opinion, 10 mg is not bad to begin. In addition, this should be taken with food for better absorbing and it is recommended being stacked with Huperzine to increase its effect; it is the reason why iQ2 has Huperzine in it.

Mix - there is no mixing, just take 2 and you are good to go

Taste - if you are into opening capsules and sucking on powder, then you go; there is no taste to this.

Dosing - It is recommended to take 2 capsules per serving, which I played with it either by taking with or without food.

Considering that in the past, I have taken all types of Nootropic, I was expecting a punch in the mind and my hands to start writing a Momo1 manifesto; however, when you take iQ2, it gradually starts to work. Therefore, if you are looking for this to hit you right away, you need to be patient. When it fully kicked in, I felt a little clearer, more energy, and felt a wellbeing effect of joy. In addition, when I was working on a work project or studying for my Real Estate License, I was able to stay more focus and able to retain more information when I took any test.

I played around with this when I took it and I did notice some differences in effect and how long it would last. For instance, when I would take it on an empty stomach, I would feel the effects sooner; however, they would only last about 2 hours and then phase out, without any crashes. When I took this with food, I notice it took longer to kick in, but the effects lasted 2 to 4 hours. For me, it worked best when I took this with Fish Oils; most Nootropic are fat soluble, which means, when taken with anything that has fat, the body will absorb faster; I found that the effects for me lasted 5 hours +.

There is one thing I notice that caused me to score this lower, after about taking it on the 4th consecutive day; the effects would drop off, no matter how I would take it. Then if I took a 2-day break, then when I took it, the effects were back to how they were when I first started. Not sure if my body adapted to it sooner than other Nootropic products.

Value - This is on the high side in my opinion, I was only able to find iQ2 on the companies site for $59.99 for a 30-day supply. However, you can set up a monthly subscribing for $49.99, which is still a little high; $39.99 would be a great price point for iQ2.

Sides - There were no real sides for me, other than having to take a day or two off so I can feel the same effect

Conclusion

At the end of the day, iQ2 did perform to what the product was intended for; however, maybe it was just me, but the fact that my body adapted to the effects, it was a little bit disappointed. iQ2 Labs has a good product and I believe they can be a player in the Nootropic world of supplements .
As I mentioned before, this is perfect for those who are looking to start a Nootropic regiment, but if you are on a budget, this might not be the product for you; if there are extras funds, and then yes, I would recommend giving it a try.