Ips Chips Reviews

By: Ips Snacks

Protein > Other Protein
Ips Chips is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by Ips Snacks. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  August 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gluten Free
  • Non-GMO
  • Versatile
  • Widely Available
  • More Of A Puff Than Chip

After seeing the protein chips pop up on the Trooper program I got a craving for protein type chips. I have already tried the Quest Chips so I wanted to give Ips Chips a try. Here is the review.

Ips Chips comes in a bag that contains one serving of about 32 chips, which is 1 ounce. I will note that there are varying sizes of the bags and some contain 3 servings. The nutrition facts due vary depending on the flavor so just be aware of the that. I will give an example of the sea salt & black pepper flavor. These chips contain 130 calories, 4g of fat, 17g of carbohydrates, and 6g of protein. The bag on all of the chips mentions that it has as much protein as an egg. The main ingredients in these is non-gmo yellow corn flour, whey protein concentrate, and expeller-pressed sunflower oil. The majority of the rest of the ingredients vary depending on the flavor of chip.

I do want to note here that these are more puffs than chips. So, just be aware of that, I am surprised that they call them chips when they really are puffs. It was not a negative and I expected it based on the picture on the bag. I will also mention that at times I have issues with whey protein concentrate but I did not have any with these chips.

Ips Chips comes in several flavors that include barbeque, white cheddar, and sea salt & black pepper. For this review, I will be writing about all three since with a product such as this taste is important. I will note that these are not really chips but more of like a baked puff in the shape of a chip.

Barbeque: They do not really smell like much, kind of like flour with a slight BBQ smell. When you taste them you are hit with very strong BBQ taste. It was kind of a cross between mesquite and a honey BBQ. It was definitely more mesquite and there was some spice to it. It was quite good.

Sea Salt & Black Pepper: These have a very strong peppery smell, which I personally liked. When you first taste these you get a blast of pepper that is followed by an almost buttery taste. They were not overly salty and had a good balance of flavors. This one was quite good as well.

White Cheddar: These have a very distinct cheese smell. They smell like the packets of the powdered cheese in macaroni and cheese boxes. When you first taste these you get a very cheesy taste that is followed a milky taste. It kind of tastes like dried macaroni and cheese. I felt that this flavor was just okay.

As far as dosing and mixability goes, they do not really apply here and I ate the chips to fill my daily macros.

These are in essence a food supplement. So, the effectiveness of these is rather hard to rate. I will say they were effective at controlling my portion sizes with snacks. If I had a larger bag I would end up eating several servings but having the 1 ounce portion bag made it easier to snack. Further, I felt like these were something that I could eat between the gym and cardio and not have them weigh me down. If I were to do a shake, I will sometimes feel it sloshing around in my stomach. With these they were very light and I did not have to worry about them being in a hot car as with protein bars they will melt. They also tasted quite good so there was never an issue with eating them.

I purchased these on Amazon for $12 for 6 bags that are 1 ounce. So, it comes down to $2 per serving. Comparing it to Quest chips they are also $2 per serving. I think the value in these is as a fun snack to try out every once and awhile. I do not think there is value in making these some type of staple as you can get similar macros for much cheaper. To me there is value in these and I could see myself picking them up a few times a year.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, Ips Chips is a great tasting and healthy snack. They are about $2 per one serving bag, which is standard for this type of product. I would recommend giving these a try as a snack every once and awhile.

-Xcmiler
  • Sea Salt & Black Pepper: 9/10