Iron Wraps Z Reviews

By: Inzer

Other Products > Accessories
Iron Wraps Z is a Workout Accessory manufactured by Inzer. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your workout routine to assist with specific exercises or goals.

Overall
Overall
9.3
9.1
9.3
  January 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tight Stitching
  • Stiff Hold
  • Comfortable
  • Washable
  • Durable
  • None

Whats up everyone! Today I am going to be writing a review on my Inzer Z wraps. I will go further into detail as to when, why, and how to use these later on in this review. I first heard about Supplement Reviews a few years back. I recently got into powerlifting and got back into supplementation. While I do enjoy looking like I workout, it doesn't help me as therapeutically as lifting heavy does(heavy for me while others may scoff at my numbers, they are still my numbers that I worked for regardless). So why wraps? To be honest I bought these obliviously thinking that these would act as a Mark Bell Slingshot for my knees/squats. What I found out was that this isn't the case but I was happy with them nonetheless.

These are sturdy and elastic. While they are made from a strong material they aren't thick either. What does this mean? These are not "cast like" where the wraps are super thick, long, and in fact do act as a powerful spring out of the hole. These are more for a lifter to have a safer heavy lift by having the knees and area surrounding warmer than usual. Do they add weight to your existing squat? Yes. As much as others? No. I'll explain more ahead. The great thing about these are their durability. While they stretch out, and I have used them a bunch of times there's only a few frays. The frays happen with wrist wraps as well. This doesn't compromise the product's use. This is just common wear and tear(but they haven't torn yet!).

So when would you use these? It's recommended to use wraps whenever you are lifting 80-85% of your 1rm(One rep max). Now is this what I would suggest or what I do? No I do not. I rarely bust these out unless I know I am going to go for max effort or actually max out. For example, my max is 470 lb. I don't start using these until I am squatting around 430 or so. These (in my opinion) aren't meant to be used for working sets such as the 5-20 rep range. If you can do 8 reps with the weight chances are you don't need to wear these. When I am doing max effort I go for heavy triples.

How do I wrap my knees? Here's a video from famous powerlifter Eric Lilliebridge on how he does it which I have seen/heard others use the same technique. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCDiaYrFyyg.... Notice how he does an X pattern over the knee? With these being only 2 meters compared to his 3 as soon as I got my hold on the top of the shin bone is when I do the X. This provides more "pop" out of the hole. Granted does it provide a bunch? Will you be able to throw on a couple more plates and squat with ease? No but there is a noticeable difference compared to just wrapping it around your leg and knee. You'll know you have a good wrap job done when you feel like you need to squat right away so you can unwrap quickly. Sounds strange I know but once they are on they compress your knee and surrounding area so you have limited amount of time that you can wear them. (If you see lifters at a meet quickly waddling to the platform, now you know why). While these are effective when wrapped correctly, its always better to have another person wrap you so they can tighten them better.

The effectiveness of this product is awesome! These are not meant to increase your squat by 50-100 lbs, but you will be lucky to get around 30. I read on a website that you should get anywhere from 5-10% with knee wraps in general. I believe I get around the 5% range. These are my first wraps and I couldn't be happier with my choice. While these do wonders don't expect to put them on and get under the bar as if it were just another lifting session. These wraps along with others take some getting used to. It took me awhile of getting the feel for them in terms of proper depth. Wraps in general make it difficult for one to get their normal rom because of the constriction. It took me a couple sessions of me watching how low I was going. I felt like I was bombing my squats and going way below parallel until I saw the video showing I was two inches high bhahah. I used these when I did my first powermeet and they worked perfectly. I feel it gives a mental edge while lifting heavy. In the back of my mind I know I have some sort of a safety net that I am using wraps. Mind you as alpha as I am when I am working out I can't go all out with the possibility of injury. I have a family to support and last thing I want to do is put my financial security in jeopardy. Also I lift without a spotter which is a NO-NO but it is what it is. The most I ever attempted with proper depth was 440 without any sleeves or wraps. With these I was able to get 470 with what I felt when I was locking out that I had way more in the tank. I haven't screwed up my knee while wearing these and neither have I failed a squat with them on.

The value on these are spot on with everything else about this product. I got mine for around $30 total after shipping(even tho shipping was...I'll save it for another time). This is a great value and I don't mind at all paying this for what I get in return. Comparing this price to others it seems to be on the more inexpensive side. Popular companies put out knee wraps for $40+ compared to these around $25 before shipping which put the others to shame.

Side Effects

There are normal side effects with wearing these. The most common one is the lack of circulation comes quicker than very tight wrist wraps. This hasn't happened to me, but from what I have heard(again this is for educational purposes nothing against these particularly) that if wrapped incorrectly they have the ability to dislocate the knee cap. Other than the circulation issue with these(which is a sign of a good wrap) I don't notice any other sides.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is that there is a reason INZER has been around forever. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who asks about them. Will I buy another pair? When they finally wear out I will. I also am looking into a few other brands and models that are 3 meters long and cast like instead of a light wrap such as these. POPS OUT

December 27, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tight Stitching
  • Stiff Hold
  • Comfortable
  • Washable
    Very, very good product. Tight, comfortable, & the rebound out of the hole is good. For most beginner to intermediate powerlifters & some advanced, this is more than enough. For other applications, it'll prolly be the only knee wraps needed.

Build: A+
    Its a tight wrap. Doesn't stretch out too much, but stretches enough. That's good, since too much elasticity doesn't hold strong enough. Its a tough material, but soft enough so it doesn't break skin.

Use/Effectiveness: A+
    When wrapped properly, its hard walking up to the bar. You kinda do, a "waddle." Its a good sign of a good wrap. A friend of mine uses another brand, & walking is just fine for him. They also hold real tight once wrapped, but tucking the extra end in is difficult at times.
    Rebound is awesome. I have yet to stall out of the hole using these.

Value: A
    I paid about $25 for the 2.0 meter version. When I got these I also bout a 10mm belt, so shipping was a tad skewed. Had these since July, & used them up to 2x per week, whenever I squat really. I washed em once when I spilled something on it, & they still work just as good. I'm not sure if I voided any warranties though, lol.

Overall: A+
    I don't recommend knee wraps for anyone, but if you are in the need of wraps these will most likely be the only pair needed. There is prolly stronger wraps out there, but as hold/rebound goes up comfort goes down. These offer the best of both worlds at a good price.

June 26, 2011

Inzer is by far the best brand to produce powerlifting equiment and weightlifting gear. Top-notch and top of the life stuff. These wraps are freakin excellent, awesome. Everything I have ever purchased from Inzer has been nothing short of fantastic. There products are durable, rezilliant, and bullet-proof. You will not be disappointed. There stuff is not cheap, but after all, ya get what ya pay for.