Intra Nourish Clear Reviews

By: Interval Nutrition

Amino Acids > Recovery
Intra Nourish Clear is a Recovery Product manufactured by Interval Nutrition. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Overall
Thanks to Interval Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Good Carb Source
  • Stim Free
  • Endurance
  • Bit Expensive
  • Needs More Servings And Flavors
  • Not Available At Many Online Retailers

Intra Nourish Plus is a fantastic intra workout supplement if you are willing to pay its high price. The results are great, but I can't justify paying for it when there are other similar products that are cheaper and equally effective.

I would like to start out by saying thank you to Interval Nutrition and the TROOPS program for giving me the opportunity to review this very effective product.

*DISCLAIMER* Interval Nutrition was supposed to send me Intra Nourish Plus Clear but instead sent me Intra Nourish Plus. I believe that these products would be equally effective and substantially similar in the results department, given the fact that their profiles as identical save the inclusion of artificial sweetners/flavors/dyes in Intra Nourish Plus. The one major difference (I assume) would be the flavor given the natural sweetners v. artificial sweetners.

Intra Nourish Plus is an intra workout that is designed to support energy, hydration, and performance. I find that it is very comparable to products like muscle pharm recon and nutrex post lift, which I have used as intra workout supplementation (rather than as post workout) on numerous occasions and had similar results. The ingredients are different, but the profiles had some strong similarities and I find that Intra Nourish Plus is very comparable in its effect for me.

Many intra workout supplements consist of mainly BCAAs, EAAs, beta-alanine, Glutamine, or some combination of those. They typically don't include many calories if any. Intra Nourish Plus goes a different route from products like Xtend, Modern BCAA, Core ABC, Machine Fuel, etc. It is more calorie heavy and includes 52 calories, 3g of protein, 10g of carbs and several other beneficial ingredients. The profile is fully transparent, which is a huge plus in my book. The ingredient profile is expanded below.

25 mg Magnesium Oxide--electrolyte
150 mg Sodium Chloride--electrolyte
100 mg Potassium Chloride--electrolyte
3200 mg Beta Alanine--not carnosyn but I still felt the burn. This is right at the clinical dosage and helps with muscle fatigue.
1000 mg Taurine--this is a comparable dosage to typical pre workouts/intra workout supplements.
500 mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine--I love the inclusion of the combos of Carnitine in this product. That said, I would prefer a 2 g combo rather than 750 mg.
250 mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate
10 g Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin--Here is where the energy is coming from. If you aren't opposed to training in a non-fasted state, this is a phenomenal energy source. HBCD has many benefits over your typical dextrose/waxy maize/etc. For instance, it is supposed to clear your intestine faster and provide for less bloating. Furthermore, I prefer this carb source over caffeine. I already get enough from my preworkout and do not need to be overstimulated.
3 g Pepto Pro--This protein supplement delivers all 20 amino acids to support muscle protein synthesis. It is superior to other forms of protein in that it is more easily digested and used by the body. I love BCAAs and EAAs, but I believe that this was equally effective in helping me gain strength and push through workouts.

There are many ways to create an intraworkout supplement and I truly believe this formula is among the best. I like that there is no caffeine, but rather clean energy from carbs. Overall I feel like it is a complete intra workout supplement that covers all of the needs of your typical lifter/crossfitter/endurance athlete.

Again, I didn't receive Intra Nourish Plus Clear so I can't speak as to that flavoring. I received Intra Nourish Plus in the fruit punch flavor and found it to be quite enjoyable. It was on the cherry side of fruit punch...if that makes any sense.

I would use 1 scoop per day during my workouts. I mixed the scoop with about 20 ounces of water and let it mix as I walked to the gym. Be warned- this does not mix easily in water. If I tried to drink it too soon it would have tons of floaters and foam at the top no matter how much I shook it. The key for me was mixing it at my apartment, letting it sit in my bag during the 5 minute walk to the gym, and viola it was mixed and ready to go.

I would consume Intra Nourish Clear throughout my 1 hour long workouts. I found that it was not too strong and not too sweet for my preference and it didn't upset my stomach at all (thanks to the HBCD).

This is where the supplement shines! I found that my recovery in between sets was phenomenal. I was able to push through really difficult, high intensity workouts with ease. My energy was great. I had no crash since I wasn't being overloaded with caffeine. I felt like my muscle endurance was improved overall. This supplement did exactly what I expected it to do. It didn't make me superman, but it certainly led to a gradual increase in strength over its use due to the fact that I was able to push myself just a little harder for a little longer each workout.

Additionally, I found that I wasn't completely dead to the world after my workouts. I felt like I still had some energy to go home and do chores and cook dinner.

This is definitely the supplement's downfall. Intra Nourish Plus/Clear is very expensive considering how many servings you receive! Each bottle contains 20 servings and the cheapest price I found is $44 on Amazon. That is a bit more expensive than I would be willing to pay for my intra workout supplement, even given the positive results. As a comparison, you can buy Muscle Pharm Re-con for about $30, Nutrex Post Lift for 40 servings (if you split them, which I do) for $20 (on amazon if you search and are patient), scivation xtend $20/20 servings.

I want to say this product is worth the price, but to me it just isn't. If you have extra money that's burning a hole in your wallet, it is worth a try. Otherwise, I think you can achieve similar results with other supplements.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

This intra workout has a great profile and great results but the price is just not where it needs to be. For 20 servings at $44 I am not willing to buy this product unless I have a ton of extra money lying around. I would be much more likely to purchase this again if they gave you 30 servings for $44.
  • Fruit Punch (Intra Nourish Plus): 7/10

Overall
Overall
7.1
Thanks to Interval Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Good Carb Source
  • Stim Free
  • Bit Expensive
  • Needs More Servings And Flavors

Intra Norish is a very good way to give you some solid energy without the stims. It's also a good intra workout supplement. The main problem is, the lack of servings doesn't do the price value justice.

A special thanks to Interval Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their stim free intra workout product Intra Nourish+ Clear. I've recently entered into a new recomp phase in order to shed some body fat and improve my definition. Therefore, I've also been doing frequent morning fasted cardio sessions, in addition to all of my normal weight training routine. I prefer the use of non-stim products when possible to help give me some good energy to get through the early morning cardio without having to intake any excess calories. Plus, I do enjoy good intra workout supplementation to help me drive through my normal weight training and more intensive cardio sessions. After seeing Intra Nourish+ Clear's profile, I figured this product was potentially the one for the job.

The profile kis fully disclosed with no prop blends.

Each servings starts with a source of electrolytes including magnesium at 25mg, sodium at 150mg, and potassium at 100mg.

Next there is beta alanine at 3200mg, taurine at 1000mg, acetyl L-carnitine at 500mg, and L-carnitine L-tartrate at 250mg.

The profile finishes with an Intra Recovery Matrix containing 13g of highly branched cyclic dextrin or HBCD and a form of hydrolyzed casseinate protein called Peptopro.

From the macro perspective, each serving will provide 52 calories from 10g of carbs and 3g of protein.

I would prefer a much higher dose of L-carnitine L-tartrate, but overall, a promising looking profile

I received the raspberry lemonade which I believe is the only flavor at the moment. I found it tasty and refreshing as it tasted exactly like raspberry lemonade.

The mixability was on par. I didn't have any problems with undissolved sediment or material. It mixed thoroughly and properly in water.

I performed my morning cardio sessions 4 times a week around 7-8am. For this use, I would take a scoop mixed with water about 20 minutes before my session began. Note that I didn't take an additional serving for intra supplementation for my following training sessions scheduled later in the day, since I only had 20 servings to work with.

On days when I didn't have morning cardio sessions, I would mix a scoop with water and consume during my workout as an intra supplement.

No servings were taken on non-training sessions.

For a morning cardio energizer, Intra Nourish+ Clear did a very good job in giving me a good boost of energy with the help of efficient carb and electrolytes sources. It did this without adding and unnecessary sugars, calories, or unfavorable carbs. This boost helped me bang out my morning sessions without the lag of getting up early slowing me down.

As an intra workout supplement, I felt some increased pump feeling as well as endurance. My fatigue between sets for each consecutive weight movement was reduced and I was able to perform more reps with less rest in between. I was able to bang out my HIIT volume sets more quickly and aggressively. I was also somewhat less fatigued overall after the entire training session.

For my more intensive cardio sessions and bosing, I was running faster and longer, stair climbing quicker, and boxing in each round more focused and aggressively.

The extra hydration really helped as I was sweating something serious with all this work.

This is where the product takes a bit of a dive. The cheapest price I found was 35 dollars on amazon. Each tub only has 20 servings as opposed to a more favorable 30 servings. If you train as frequently as me (6-7 times a week depending on goals) this product won't last very long. If you follow a single serving a day protocol then the product will last the full 20 days. However, that is still a lagging serving quantity considering the price. If you could get a full month's supply, the value would be significantly better.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles but that is expected

Conclusion

So despite the hit on value, Intra Nourish+ Clear is still a very good supplement that helps with energy, pump, and endurance. It will help give a good boost without stims or unnecessary sugars or unwanted micros or macros. If they could up the servings per tub, then I would recommend a regular investment in the product.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!