6.6

(Better than 1% in Protein > Whey Protein)

ISO-CUTS is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by International Protein. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

5.2
  January 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Easy Digestion
  • Reduce DOMs
  • Little Effects On Fat Burning
What's up SR Family! Before I start, I would like to thank International Protein and the Troopers for the opportunity to try Iso-Cuts. Protein Hmmm, makes the body good! Of course, if there is some Java mixed in, then you get the best of both worlds, recovery and energy. In all of my years taking supplements, I have not tried a protein supplements that is infused with caffeine or coffee. Therefore, when Iso-Cuts came up for the Troopers, I decided to try it.

Iso-Cuts comes with 32 grams of fast digesting Whey Isolate, which is what we want, especially after a workout so we can infuse our damaged muscles, with much needed protein for recovery and growth. In addition, you have the following additional goodies, which is supposed to aide in burning fat and increase your body's internal heat, which Reaper61 did a good job in breaking them down.

Teavigo Green Tea - there is 109mg, which to me, seems to be underdoes; keep in mind, I am a stim junkie by nature. This ingredients aids in fat burning and goes after free radicals, just like an antioxidant.

Green Coffee - there is only 30mg, which helps with energy and some levels of controlling ones appetite. In addition, you get Garcinia Cambogia Hydroxycitric Acid 638mg, L-Carnitine 33mg, and Chromium at 132mcg.

Taste - The Vanilla Latte, it was not bad, and considering that I am not really a coffee drinker, I could not really compare to one of those $6.00 Starbucks.

Mix - This mixed well, I used half-almond milk and water; however, if I added some Aminos or even some kind of fruits, it would get very thick.

Dosing - Since I only get 20 servings per bag, I used it 4 days a week in the morning, unless I worked out the day before, I would use another kind of protein supplement.

Iso-Cuts, unfortunately, did not cut anything, not even wind. As I have said in the past, protein is one of those things that are hard to gangue; however, what I was looking for while using Iso-Cuts was the benefit of having some fat burning properties mixed in the protein. The only benefit I received from taking Iso-Cuts was from the whey Isolate, which helps with recovery and reduction of DOMS.

Iso-Cuts did provide a hint of energy for me; then again, I am bias since I am stim junkie. I am sure, anyone who does not have a high stim tolerance, could feel the effects more than I could. As I have mentioned before, not everyone will have the same effect; therefore, some will experience the fat burning portion of Iso-Cuts.

What can I say; $60.00 bucks for 22 servings is not my cup of tea or in this case, coffee. Now, if this were 75 servings, then it would be a good deal for anyone to try. I understand Iso-Cuts are manufacture out of the USA and use excellent quality ingredients; however, in my opinion, the cost is just too high to justify stocking up on this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Iso-Cuts provide very high quality in what it comes with and how the product is manufactured. However, the price will keep many from picking up a bag. Other companies offer a caffeine infused or fat burning protein for almost half of the cost. I would like to thank International Protein again for the opportunity.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Overall
5.5
4.5
  January 16, 2018

• Not Tasty
  • Underdosed

Before I start I would like to thank International Protein for participating in the SR TROOP Program. This is my third review that I will be writing for their products with the other two being: Amino Recovery & Protein Synergy 5. As always protein is the main staple of my supplement stack and always looking for new intriguing options. This stood out to me because I'm not a big coffee drinker so I figured since I train in the morning this could be my protein/energy source.

The ingredient profile is fully transparent which features Whey Protein Isolate, Caffeine, Thermogenic/Fat Burning ingredients. Whey Protein Isolate is the purest form available with a concentration of 90% or higher. Having a concentration level of 90% or higher means there is a significant removal of fat/lactose.

The Basic Profile is as follows: (Per serving 40g)
Calories: 150
Total Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 2g/1g from Sugar
Protein: 32g

Thermogenic/Fat Burning Ingredients
Garcinia Cambogia (HCA) 636mg - burns fat by inhibiting citrate lyase
TEAVIGO Green Tea Extract (EGCG) 109mg - contains higher levels of polyphenols, also known for its fat burning properties
Green Coffee Extract (Caffeine) 30mg- Caffeine = energy boost

However I found this to be interesting..... It takes (THREE) servings of ISO-CUTS to provide scientifically researched dosages of: EGCG, HCA, Caffeine for optimum fat balance/weight management. With only 22 total servings that leaves 7 total servings if following that. I get this is primarily a protein powder but it shouldn't take 3 servings to meet those researched dosages.

Taste - I received the Choco-latte flavor which is one of three available flavors. That name alone sounds like it would taste great...... however it was a let down. It had a watered down chocolate taste without any hint of coffee flavoring. Overall I'd give the taste a 5/10.

Mixability- There were some issues in regards to mixing to include chunks/settlement. This was the first time I've seen a WPI (Whey Protein Isolate) that didn't mix totally. I'm guessing this is due to the added fat burning ingredients???

Dosing - I took one scoop immediately following my first workout in the morning. I used about 8 oz of water and that seemed to be the best for me. You could take this product just about anytime of day since there is only a small amount of caffeine.

In terms of effectiveness I'm going to look at two main areas of emphasis: digestibility & thermogenic/fat burning. One of the bright spots with ISO-CUTS was with digestibility. I had no issues with bloating or gas that may occur with milk protein. However when it came down to thermogenic/fat burning I honestly felt like I didn't notice much. I can't say this attributed to any weight loss as my weight stayed around the same. There wasn't much of an increase with my energy levels.

This was pretty hard to find since its an Australian made product/not widely available in the USA. On the International-Protein website they are selling bags of ISO-CUTS for around $60/22 servings. Per serving your going to pay just under $3, however if you want the researched back dosages (3 servings) your looking at $7-8. This is an extremely high price point for a product that was just meh. Even if it was extremely effective I couldn't see myself paying over $1 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion ISO-CUTS was a let-down for me. The only positive is the protein content- 32g WPI.... Other than that everything else was just meh. I didn't really notice anything related to fat burning or energy as my weight stayed the same. The price tag/availability is also a let down as the price is extremely high.
  • Choco Latte: 5/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

January 1, 2018

• Burn Fat
  • Reduce DOMs
  • Not Enough Servings

So here we are again right as the year is going to end, and I figured I would post my review of Iso-Cuts coming all the way from the land down under. I was pushing myself while on this, looking to boost my strength, not necessarily eat the healthiest, but also not let myself go and become a busted can of biscuits. I welcomed this into my macro intake to see what would happen.

Iso-Cuts is joining in the market of protein powders that also offer a fat burning method to them. This is essentially the best of both worlds, you are taking in protein....and also the ingredients necessary to burn fat. Lets have a look at these ingredients.

Whey Protein Isolate (32 g) - WPI is a pure highly expensive protein that is known for its ability to be digested in a quick fashion, which makes it ideal for post workout consumption.

Teavigo Green Tea Extract (109 mg) - Green tea is everywhere these days, and rightfully so. It has been proven to reduce fat cells and target free radicals in the body. Obviously the folks at International Protein are aware of this so they used Teavigo which has the highest rates of EGCG which is essential to fat burning.

Green Coffee Extract (30 mg) - This is a natural form of caffeine which can provide energy to the user while taking this product. This could be an important aspect if you are using this during a cut, that way when your energy levels drop off, this is here to keep you going.

Garcinia Cambogia Hydroxycitric Acid (638 mg) -This ingredient is important because it can reduce the storage of carbohydrates that can eventually be converted to excess fat, it also has been shown to reduce appetite, and finally it acts a fatigue buffer allowing you to push longer and harder.

L-Carnitine (33 mg) - This ingredient paves the way and helps fatty acids convert to fat burning fuel in the body.

Choline & Inositol - These ingredients help prevent excess fat from forming in your liver.

Chromium (132 mcg) - This ingredient is essential for carbohydrate utilization. It can also help prevent cravings of sugars in sweets, which if eliminated can also reduced excess body fat.

So I received the Vanilla Latte flavor. On its own, its ok but then again its vanilla. I have yet to have my socks knocked off by a plain vanilla flavor. Since I chose to gear this towards post workout usage, I would blend 1 scoop with 140g of frozen fruit roughly creating a protein shake that is 32g protein 20g carbohydrates. This was a perfect medley of flavor and often tasted just like a strawberry or wildberry milkshake. Mixability of the powder by itself was of no issue, I would go 12oz of milk to 1 scoop in a blender bottle and away we would go without a hitch. However when I would mix this with frozen fruit in the vitamix, once I added the protein powder the overall drink would become very thick and airy, but also filling. It was very weird, if I would let it sit and in a shaker cup it would go from being a very think 20z drink to maybe a liquidy 12oz drink.

Dosing wise, I just went with the standard 1 scoop. Given that this was a 2lbs bag and had 20 servings, I figured it would be best to just try and use it once a day and be consistent.

So as everyone knows, it can be difficult to rate the effectiveness of a protein powder. My categories for this was, how well it digested, was I able to stay lean while eating crap, and did it help reduce soreness.

I can say that it was a resounding yes to all of the above. I never had any digestive issues such as gas or bloating with this, I stayed relatively lean while drinking it, the scales even showed that I lost a few pounds, and yes drinking this post workout I could tell that it helped keep the soreness away. This was effective enough to where, drinking this was actually the highlight of my food intake for the day. I looked forward to it as if it was a my guilty reward treat, even though it was a protein shake, and a fat burner to boot. I was very impressed with this and would say that it is highly effective in what it says it will do.

So everything up to this point has been great. No negatives....all positives which might have you asking why the Meh rating. Well the price completely sinks this product. It is hard to find and if you go the company's website you can find this for $60 for 31 servings. This means that 1 scoop will cost you $1.93. I understand that this is a unique product that uses quality ingredients and has a lot to offer, but the price simply does not make it competitive. For example you can go to bodybuilding.com and get competing protein powders that offer fat burning ingredients for the same price, but 2x the serving size. I feel if the company can either bring the price down, or increase the amount of servings per bag, then this product will be a juggernaut in the protein world.

Side Effects

I actually have none to report, this was a good product that digested well.

Conclusion

So in conclusion this product is great. In fact I loved it, and am sad that I am out of it. It helped keep me lean through the holiday's, fought off soreness, increased my strength with quality protein, and even generated a little energy. However, I will not be paying $60 for another bag. It's simply too rich for my blood. BUT....if you are not me and are living that baller lifestyle then I say go for it. You will not be disappointed at all, and furthermore I would recommend the vanilla flavor because of how versatile it is and you can mix it with whatever and it will taste great. Again, I want to fully endorse this, but until the company drops the price, it will still just get a Meh rating.
  • Vanilla Latte: 8/10

December 19, 2017

• Awkward Scoop

Thank you to the people at International Protein for letting me try your product. The International Protein product is brought in from Australia. Can protein with energy help you?

The protein mix is called ISO-CUTS because it is a combination of Thermogenic and whey protein isolate.

Calories: 150
Fat: 0.5 grams
Carbs: 2 grams
Sugar: 2 grams
Protein: 33

Garcinia cambogia (HCA) 638 mg, TEAVIGO green tea extract 109 mg, green tea extract 30mg, Carnitine 33 mg, Inositol 0.003g, Choline 3.2g, Chromium Polynicotinate 132g, Isoleucine, 2337mg, Leucine 3777mg, Lysine 3329mg, Methionine 896mg, Phenylalanine 1056mg, Threonine 2526mg, Tryptophan 640mg, Valine 2081mg, Histidine 576mg, Alanine 1856mg, Arginine 832mg, Aspartic Acid 3777mg, Cysteine 6051mg, Glutamine 6051mg, Glycine 576mg, Proline 2177mg, Serine 1696mg, and Tyrosine 1088mg.

The protein powder is a Whey Protein Isolate. The TEAVIGO green tea is similar to the normal green tea. The TEAVIGO green tea is a company that makes green tea with a minimum of 94% purity. TEAVIGO claims that its green tea is free from caffeine, herbs, and pesticide. The TEAVIGO green tea is about 1 cup of coffee. The other green tea extract is normal green tea. Normal green tea improves mental alertness and thinking. Green tea is linked to many benefits such as headaches, liver disease, and Crohn's disease to name a few. The normal green tea is about 2 ounces of coffee so the 2 different green teas combined are about an 8-ounce cup of coffee. Garcinia or hydroxycitric acid (HCA) might help with fat storage, control appetite, and increase exercise endurance. Inositol and choline are like vitamin B complex (vitamin B8) even though no a vitamin. Inositol is a natural glucose isomer that will transport fat throughout your body. Choline helps the liver and used for many medical issues. Choline is also used for bodybuilding and fatigue. Chromium is for improving blood sugar control, weight loss, increasing muscle, and decreasing body fat. Chromium is also used to increase energy. The ISO-CUTS also has vitamins and amino acids which is Carnitine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Valine, Histidine, Alanine, Threonine, Leucine, Glycine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, Cysteine, and Proline. This protein mix has a lot of good ingredients and I find no faults with the ingredients.

I got the Caramel Latte flavor which was good but I am not a huge fan of Caramel. Either way, good. The ISO-CUTS was available in 2 other Latte flavors which are Chocolate and Vanilla. The ISO-CUTS mixed well with any milk-based products or water. I was able to shake and stir with no issues. The ingredients say that one serving is 1 1/3 scoop, need to change the scooper to be big enough so there is not a need to get 1 1/3 scoop, to give you 32g of protein. The protein mix is in a bag instead of a tub so I found it hard to scoop but that is a minor issue. I did not have any problems with mixability, taste, or dosing.

It can be difficult to do the effectiveness because not all things are measurable. What I look for is recovery and I had good results. I took one serving before workouts since it did contain energy and I did not use a pre-workout. The energy that came with the ISO-CUTS was not the same as a pre-workout, but I did feel good enough to finish my workout. I did not have the pump or the burst of energy that I normally get from pre-workout (regardless if the pre-workout is a stimulant or no stimulant). Using the ISO-CUTS before the workout did not give me any problems. I was able to get the results I look for from my protein mix and the effectiveness was as good or better than the other protein shakes I have used.

A little hard to find online. I went to the international protein website and it listed the 2lb bag at $60. I was not able to find it on Amazon or other major websites but I did find a 2-pound tub for $55 on some supplement websites that I have not used before. At $55 for a 2-pound tub is pretty high for me. The cost is about $1.83 per scoop. I usually try to keep my cost around a dollar per scoop, so this is a lot higher than normal. For the money and the value, I find this to be high.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

I am giving the middle rating because the mixability and taste were good with 2 other flavor options available. I also thought the ingredients were excellent. I would not say that the energy was great so for the energy, not a high rating. I can get my energy from a pre-workout and that energy is more than what I got from ISO-CUTS. The value is getting a low rating because the cost is just too much. This is one of the better proteins that I have had but not for the money. If the price was lower, this would get a high rating.
  • Caramel latte: 8/10

December 13, 2017

• Not Tasty
  • Underwhelming
  • Sinkers That Stick

This is a hard review, because I don't want to come off as being too hard on International Protein...but I think it's necessary that they hear the truth. Like my coaches always said before making us run, "I don't enjoy punishing you, but it's for your own good."

First off, I would like to say thank you to the TROOPS program and to International Protein for participating. I was sent the 22 serving Choco Latte flavor. International Protein is a company that I hadn't had any experience with prior to my run with Iso Cuts. They are a company that predominantly serves the Australian market, and other international markets. I believe they are new to the US market, and have a solid range of products.

At first glance, Iso-Cuts appears to be a really cool product with highlights consisting of Whey Protein Isolate and various metabolism boosting ingredients. International Protein emphasizes the fact that consumers will get clinical dosages of ECG, HCA, and Caffeine, but a further look shows that you would need to consume 3 servings to get those dosages.

Per 40g serving, the macros are: 150 cals, 32g protein, .5g fat, 2g carbs. In each serving you also get 638mg Gardenia (HCA), 109mg Green Tea Extract (ECG), 30mg Green Coffee Extract (Caffeine), 33mg L-Carnitine, 3200ug Inositol, 3200ug Choline, and 132ug Chromium Polynicotinate.

As noted above, this looks like a pretty cool profile. It's fairly low calorie, the protein source is WPI, low carb/fat, and includes some really great fat burning/weight management ingredients. That being said, the inclusion of the fat burning ingredients is almost pointless in my opinion unless you really want to burn through a 22 serving bag of protein in no time.

Like I said before, I had the Choco Latte. I was really excited to try this flavor, but it was honestly a pretty big let down. I envisioned a coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate, but instead I got a watery and almost earthy chocolate flavor with little to no coffee flavoring. It didn't taste terrible, but I wouldn't say I'll be picking that flavor again in the future.

I always took this product 1 scoop at a time and some days I would take 1 scoop in the morning and another post workout. I would mix the Iso-Cuts in water, never milk, and would use between 6-12 ounces (I wanted to find the sweet spot). For me the sweet spot ended up being around 8 ounces of water. It didn't mix as easy as typical WPIs, and I attribute that to the inclusion of the various fat burning ingredients. Which takes me to my next point- once I did have the protein mixed completely, I better have downed it pretty quick. No joke, if I didn't drink it within a few minutes I would end up with tons of sinkers. This often resulted in particles being stuck to the bottom of my shaker. Now you may be saying "that isn't too bad, just add more water and finish up the residue!" Well let me tell you, the residue was stuck there. It was as if I glued little pieces of sand to the bottom of my shaker.

Effectiveness is generally hard to judge when it comes to proteins. Either you get the protein you need or you don't. This had a solid profile, and I believe I got the protein I needed in the mornings and after workouts.

This product is different from your typical protein, as it also claims to help with fat burning. I didn't see any noticeable results in that department. I had a tiny bit of energy (maybe) from the caffeine, but that was about it. I never took 3 servings in a day (as necessary to get the effective doses), but I still don't think it would have really made a huge difference because I would have finished the product in about 7 days.

So if you look at this product as purely a protein product, as I did, it was just about as effective as any. If you are looking for fat burning, look somewhere else lol

The value is pretty awful. As noted above, this product requires users to take 3 servings per day in order to realize the fat burning benefits...and this product costs a cool $59.99 for 2lbs which will get you 31 servings. That is just absurd. Think about it, if you took the recommended number of servings in a day you would be paying $59.99 for 10 days worth of PROTEIN. There is no chance I would pay that price for the best protein product on the market. As a comparison, for around $53 you can get around 63 servings of MTS machine whey. I know, its not WPI only, it doesn't have fat burning ingredients, and it has around 25g protein per serving...but it also tastes amazing and is much more cost effective. Alternatively, pick any other leading WPI product and I feel confident guaranteeing that it will be cheaper per serving.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

I want to start this conclusion by saying, I think this is a cool idea for a product. I definitely think there is a market for a protein powder/fat burner combo, but the product must be more cost effective and provide better doses of fat burning ingredients. If you look at this product and take it for what it really is- a protein powder- you will realize that there are much cheaper/tastier alternatives on the market. I applaud International Protein for taking a somewhat different (but not totally novel) approach to this protein powder, but I will likely not be buying this product in the future.
  • Choco Latte: 5/10

4.5
  December 12, 2017

• Awkward Scoop
  • Not Enough Servings

Greetings, SR family! The dark one is back with another review. This time around, it's from International Protein, an Australian company that happens to be one of that country's most respected supplement companies, much akin to how most of us in good ole 'Murica view NutraBio. Thanks to IP for supporting the TROOPs and providing us with the opportunity to review their products.

Iso-Cuts has one of the more unique ingredient profiles in the whey protein category. In addition to Whey Protein Isolate (WPI), there are also fat-burning ingredients and added vitamins and minerals. Here's how it's broken down:
Whey Protein Isolate (32 g) - WPI is the purest and most expensive form of protein on the market. It digests quickly, delivering amino acids to muscles rapidly, aiding muscle recovery and growth.

Teavigo Green Tea Extract (109 mg) - Green tea extract is one of the most research-supported ingredients in assisting fat loss. Green tea has been shown to reduce the size of fat cells and increase the metabolism of fat to energy. Teavigo provides the best of Green Tea in its purest form. Green Tea works synergistically with Caffeine and L-Carnitine for optimal fat burning. Teavigo also provides antioxidant activity in the removal of free radicals. By using Teavigo green tea extract, International Protein are ensuring the highest levels of EGCG (the active catechin in green tea) are available in every scoop.

Green Coffee Extract (30 mg) - Provides a natural source of caffeine which works synergistically with Green Tea to help increase fat burning and energy expenditure. Caffeine can help improve energy levels for more intense workout performance leading to greater calorie burning.

Garcinia Cambogia [Hydroxycitric Acid] (638 mg) - HCA has a powerful 3 phase action on weight management. 1. Reduces the storage of excess carbohydrates as bodyfat by inhibiting the ATP-citrate lyase enzyme, 2. Suppress appetite by increasing the body's production & reserves of glycogen, 3. Alleviates fatigue by diverting carbs to glycogen for energy production.

L-Carnitine (33 mg) - Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production; without it fat burning can't occur! Carnitine transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria (muscle cell's "power plants") so they can be oxidized ("burned") to produce energy. Carnitine may also spare glycogen levels during exercise allowing for better endurance.

Choline & Inositol - Lipotropic agents which work synergistically in the transport and metabolism of fats which help reduce the accumulation of fat in the liver. Choline also assists in the retention of L-Carnitine in the body.
Chromium (132 mcg) - Chromium is an essential micro-mineral that is essential for proper carbohydrate metabolism. It helps improve glucose utilization and may help to reduce appetite, particularly sugar and carbohydrate cravings.
Vitamins and Minerals - Iso-Cuts has 14 vitamins and minerals added to its blend to support nutrient absorption, energy levels and a host of other general health processes.

I tried the Vanilla Latte flavor, and to be honest, it tasted like light roast decaf coffee with French Vanilla creamer, not that it's a bad thing. It was a unique taste, and I mean that in a good way. It wasn't anything that made my tastebuds burst with excitement, but the flavor was pleasant, inoffensive. Mixing Iso-Cuts was a breeze. I mixed a scoop and a third (more on that later) with 10 ounces of water or almond milk, and stirred for about 30 seconds; no clumps or gritty residue left behind.

As for dosing, I think the Aussies need to stick to the basics. According to the label, each serving equals a scoop and a third, so I had to weigh a scoop in grams and then divide it by 3 to get the exact amount listed on the label. I was an English major in college, not a math major. Another issue I had was with the strangely shaped scoop. Instead of using the traditional opaque colored round scoop found in most other protein powders, IP opted to go for a large, blue oval shaped scoop. Unless your bottle or cup has an extra wide mouth, you're going to end up with half of the powder in your cup or bottle, and the other half on the counter. Sometimes, it's best to stick to the basics.

I really didn't know what to expect when I took Iso-Cuts. Sure, companies promise all sorts of miraculous transformations just from taking their supplements, and very few deliver. Iso-Cuts actually worked for me, not to the effects of the top-ranked fat burner on this site, but it did perform the way a mid-level, stim-free fat burner would. I didn't lose any weight, but my weight stayed the same and I did get somewhat leaner. It wasn't a dramatic change, but it was noticeable nonetheless.

Here's where I gave Iso-Cuts low marks. Each 2 pound bag has 22.67 forty gram servings, and the only US site that sells this supplement is jet.com for $50. At a cost of $2.21 per serving, the price is ridiculously high, especially when you consider the fact that some 5 pound WPIs cost between 55 and 60 dollars. Is Iso-Cuts effective? Yes. Is it worth 50 bucks for less than 25 servings? Hell no.

Side Effects

No gas, no bloating, no diarrhea; all good.

Conclusion

I don't doubt that International Protein produces some high quality supplements; Iso-Cuts is a good example, but there's nothing special in it to justify the outrageous price tag. To put it in perspective, think about that Chevy Malibu commercial (real people, not actors) where the clueless people think that it's a Lexus or an Audi, and then say they'd expect to spend 60-80,000 dollars for it. C'mon man...80 grand for a Malibu? C'mon guys...50 bucks for 23 servings of protein?
  • Vanilla Latte: 8/10