International Protein AMINO CHARGED WPI Reviews

By: International Protein

Overall
Overall
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
  December 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easily Digested
  • Excellent Ingredient Profile
  • Awkward Scoop

Oh boo, another protein review. Guess again fellas and lady fellas! This protein has come to us straight from Australia! G'day mate, thanks for the protein, International Protein! Always down to try new protein, as most are. Let's see what this had to offer us from the land down under!

Ingredient profile is pretty simple. We have an whey protein isolate and whey peptides totaling 35g of protein. Only 35g of protein, oh it must be loaded with carbs and sugar. Wrong. This protein yields only 1g of carbs and 1g of sugar. Along with these incredible macros, it is loaded with aminos, hence why it's called Amino Charged WPI. In there you will find the fan favorites of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Valine which you typically find in 3:1:1 BCAA products. So you're double dipping with protein and aminos here, pretty sweet.

Taste: I received the chocolate flavor. Pretty standard. Didn't exceed my expectations, but met them. It's chocolate, pretty hard to screw up.

Mixability: Mixed well in a blender bottle with water, didn't even need to use the wire whisk ball. One day I was in a rush and mixed it in a plastic cup with a spoon, even after settling it was a little clumpy with residue on the side of the cup. Not a huge deal, I still drank it, then just scooped out the small clumps and ate them. This protein was amino charged as well. I did notice there were always a few white specks on the side of the shaker, which I can only imagine are from the amino component of the protein and not the whey itself. Add a splash of water to your cup, swish it around and you're good to go.

Dosing: I dosed at 1 scoop post workout either straight up or in a blender with half a banana in it. On non-workout days I had a scoop mixed with water as a mid morning snack.

Protein are hard to comment effectiveness wise sometimes. First off, no digestive issues here. Secondly, it did what it was supposed to do, feed my muscles post workout or as a snack at some point in the day. I accredit my lack of soreness to the aminos in WPI, along with a BCAA as an intra-workout. Stacked together I received everything I needed to. Taking one bag of protein doesn't make you ripped, facts. It aided me in reaching my everyday goals, so it's good in my book.

Value, oh boy. For a 2lb bag of strawberry on Amazon, its $50.46, outrageous. However, you can pickup the banana flavor of Amazon for $12.99 (+3.99 shipping not eligible for Prime). I understand independent seller can be on Amazon, but com'on. Clearly I'm buying banana.

Side Effects

No side effects to note.

Conclusion

This was a solid product with an excellent ingredient profile. Definitely interested in another 2lb of this, preferably the $12.99 bag off of Amazon, now way I'm paying $50 for strawberry, let's be reasonable here. You get whey and an amino all in one. You're cutting costs and still getting everything you need, what could be better?!
  • Chocolate : 7/10

• Darkman
    December 31, 2017

IP has some solid protein powders, but I hate that oval shaped scoop. It's awkward as hell!