Ultra Pure Omega 3 Reviews

By: Intelligent Labs

ARTICLES
Ultra Pure Omega 3 is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Intelligent Labs. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

June 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Great EPADHA Ratio
  • Worth The Extra Price
  • High Quality Fish Oil
  • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition
  • Did Not Aid In Joint Pain

I am 37 years old, and I turn to fish oil to aid in brain functions, to try and keep my blood pressure in check, and mainly for its Joint support. Ultra Pure Omega 3 is currently ranked number 1 on this site, so I thought I would give it a shot and see what all the hooplah was about. I truly love Fish Oil as it is sometimes touted as the Miracle Pill because there are so many benefits for it, some documented, and some questionable. You can get your Omega-3 fats from actual food (salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, flaxseeds, and walnuts), but having Fish Oil to supplement your daily intake is always a good idea, at least for me. Lets see how this king of the hill measures up.

Fairly simple profile, EPA, DHA, and Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Each serving (3 pills) nets you 1,224mg of EPA, 816mg DHA, and 210mg of Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. So that nets us 2,250mg of Omega-3 Fatty acids per day. EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. I do not like the fact that Intelligent Labs listed the Other Omega-3 Fatty acids instead of just listing out what it is, but that is fairly common in Fish Oil. Lets continue to focus on the EPA and DHA, since those are the important Omega-3 Fats here. WebMD lists out various Fish Oil Dosing recommendations by issue, so lets see a few of them to make sure Intel Labs measure up to what we need:

High Triglycerides: 1 - 15 grams of Fish Oil daily for up to six months, so yes we are good to go here.
Heart Disease: 600mg - 10 grams of DHA and/or EPA, check!
High Blood Pressure: 3 to 15 grams of Fish Oil Daily, pretty high, and I even question this since most warnings advise you not to exceed 3 grams of Fish Oil a day. However, technically this pill does not provide enough, but we will elaborate a bit more on this in effectiveness.

There are about 20 other different examples, but I thought i would stick with the three main reasons to take Fish Oil. You will note that improving brain function is not listed as one of them, however, we will cover that down below as well, so hold your horses!!! Some studies claim that a ration of 3:2 ratio of EPA:DHA is most effective, if that is true then Intel labs nails it. Also their website shows proof of their third party lab test showing 480.03mg EPA, and 326.66mg DHA per pill which comes out to 1,440.09mg EPA and 979.98mg of DHA. If this lab test is legit, then this product nets you a higher dosage than the claim on the bottle, which is nice these days. All in all a simple and effective ingredient profile, on par with its competitors.

No Mixing or tasting here as they are pills. Dosing is easy as pie, 3 pills daily preferably with a meal or before bedtime. Simple, just the way I like to take my important daily pills.

So, we all know its no easy task to judge effectiveness of Fish Oil. However, I suffer from high blood pressure, and while taking this for about 3 weeks I had to go into a clinic. My blood pressure dropped a moderate amount, nothing earth shattering as it did not put me in normal levels, but it definitely helps out. For me, I take Fish Oil to aid in memory and brain function. If you read my review on Omega-Jym you will see that I had explained I suffered from 6 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the last 18 years, so I take Fish Oil seriously in order to help me out. I find when I do not take fish oil for an extended period I start to forget simple words and my short term memory suffers. As it is, my short term memory still is not great, but I can feel it being more under control when I consistently take Fish Oil, and that was no different while taking this one.

My only complain on this product is it did nothing to aid in my Joint pain. Granted I take additional Joint Supplements (currently Animal Flex) for joint pain, but I noticed on my 30 day run of Omega-Jym I had no Joint Pain. So now that set a new standard in my head for Fish Oil, making it more of that miracle pill for me. However, Intel Labs Omega 3 did not alleviate any joint pain for me, I even tried it a few weeks before I got the Animal Flex with no results. That is the only negative I can say about this, which is not a big deal to most people, but worth mentioning.

I bought this from Amazon for $29.99 for a 40 day supply (120 pills). This puts us at about 75 cents per day, which for such a high quality product is not bad at all. Its main rival Omega Jym is around 20 dollars for a 30 day supply and that comes out to 67 cents a day. So in my opinion the value here is good, not great, as I like to rate my value in quality and price combined versus just what deals can be found. Yes you can buy cheaper Fish Oils out there, for example you can get a 30 day supply of NutraBio Omega-3 Fish Oil for 6 bucks, but it nets you 388mg of EPA and 240mg DHA daily, so not even close when it comes to daily dosage. For Fish Oil I think its most important to go for that extra quality, cheap Fish Oils can really upset your stomach and give you nasty fish burps, F that!!

Side Effects

Fishy Burps if taken after I ate my meal, take it prior and your good to go. This can be said about ANY fish oil I have ever taken, so its more the supplement itself not the product, but I recommend pills then eat your food and your safe. Nobody wants fish burps all day.

Conclusion

At the end of it all, Ultra Pure Omega 3 is a pretty dang Pure fish oil product with an independent lab test to back it up. Yes this is slightly more expensive than its competitors, but I think its worth the extra few cents a day. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for some quality Fish Oil in their stack. In my eyes the best Fish Oil I have ever taken is Omega-Jym, but this definitely goes on the list as my #2 of all time, and as with any other supplements your experience may vary. The trick for Fish Oil is getting a good daily dose of 2-3mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids per day, and Ultra Pure Omega 3 gets you just that in only 3 pills. Take a look at those cheap fish oils and you will see how little you actually get, then realize you are paying that extra money for reassurance on quality, no crazy ingredients, and what you need to succeed.

July 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Great EPADHA Ratio
  • Worth The Extra Price
  • High Quality Fish Oil
  • Excellent Potency
  • Very High Quality
  • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition

Ultra Pure Omega 3 is another quality supplement from Intelligent Labs. According to the literature accompanying this product, the fish oil is made from natural triglycerides which are supposed to be absorbed somewhere between 70-400% better. While I didn't do in depth research and find the exact studies that Intelligent Labs references, I personally believe them at face value. If better absorption was enough, Intelligent Labs packs 2250mg of fish oil into 3 softgels. There is 272mg of DHA, 408mg of EPA, and 70mg of other omega 3s per softgel. For comparison, I usually use MyProtein's Omega Balance that has 360mg of EPA, 240mg of DHA, and 110mg of other omega 3s per soft gel. I'm not sure what ratio of EPA to DHA is best, nor am I sure which other brands use natural triglycerides. That being said, the difference between the two products in terms of omega 3 content is not that great and Intelligent Labs is just a tad bit better per softgel. Also, Intelligent Labs uses a completely black bottle to block light from oxidizing the fish oil whereas a lot of brands, like MyProtein, do not. To be fair some brands like MyProtein use Vitamin E or other antioxidants to negate some of the possible oxidation but so does Intelligent Labs (antioxidants/mixed tocopherols, not Vitamin E). Another plus is the added lemon flavoring to prevent fish-flavored burps like the ones I am experiencing as I write this. In conclusion, with a high concentration of omega 3s per soft gel, natural triglycerides for better absorption, black bottle and antioxidants to prevent oxidation, and lemon flavoring to prevent fish-flavored burps, Intelligent Labs might have made the best fish oil softgels in the industry.

There is no fishy aftertaste or burps with this product and instead it had a slight lemony aftertaste. I dosed this at 3 soft gels at mealtime as per label instructions; can't get much easier than that.

8.5/10
It is a bit hard for me to judge the effectiveness of fish oil or omega 3 products so I'll mainly be rating effectiveness on whether or not I noticed a difference in overall health/wellbeing and/or performance in comparison to other products. To this end, I didn't notice much of a difference at all, but I consider this a good thing. At the very least, this product is on par with others. I mentioned earlier in this review that I believe Intelligent Labs about the better absorption of natural triglycerides but I don't think this difference passed the perceptual threshold for me. In other words, I couldn't flat out tell that this product was of higher quality and better absorbed than other fish oil products I have used but I believe this was the better product. Still, I can't give this a 10/10 because even though this may technically be the better product, I could not tell a difference. I actually give this an extra 0.5 in effectiveness because the fish oil (of which there was more per soft gel than I usually take) was probably better absorbed and therefore better utilized by my body. Overall, I'd still prefer to take this product for the benefits of omega 3s over other competitors.

7.5/10
Unfortunately value is where this product takes the biggest hit. $30 will get you a 40 day supply (120 softgels) of Ultra Pure Omega 3 whereas ~$20 will get you a ~83 day supply (250 softgels) of MyProtein Omega Balance. It is worth noting that although Omega Balance retails at $36.99, MyProtein runs deals most of time and that I say ~$20 because it depends on the sale you catch it on. That being said, I understand that you get what you pay for and that you're paying more for a premium product, and that's why I am rating the value as a 7.5 rather than 7. It falls short of an 8/10 for me because while I am very impressed with Ultra Pure Omega 3 in every way, from the bottle to the natural triglyceride form, I would rather pay the same price or a few dollars less to get double the servings of a slightly less good fish oil.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this. Most notably, I didn't get any fishy burps thanks to the added lemon flavoring.

Conclusion

8.5/10
This is the best fish oil I've seen on the market. It is honestly hard to find something wrong with this product (other than the value perhaps). Intelligent Labs really thought of everything and cut no corners with this product, but unfortunately there is a price to pay for such great quality and in the grand scheme of things I don't think it is worth the extra cash for me (at least on my college-student budget). That being said, if I had a little more disposable income or just a bigger supplement budget in general I would not mind spending more money for this product. In short, if you can afford Ultra Pure Omega 3, I highly recommend it.

June 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Excellent Potency
  • Very High Quality
  • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition

Thank you to supplementreviews.com and Intelligent Labs for participating in the TROOPER program. I received a complimentary bottle of their fish oil in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

I have taken a daily dose of fish oil for over 5 years now to get all the benefits it offers. For years I took about 1g a day but in the last 6 months I upped it to 2g a day and noticed a big difference. As I continue to get older recovery, inflammation, and joint health keep getting worse. Fish oil is a big part of my supplement regiment to help keep those issues at bay. I also hardly ever eat fish so it's a nutrient I know I lack for general health purposes as well. Let me share how Intelligent Labs performed!

The big selling points on Intelligent Labs fish oil seem to be that it is the natural triglyceride form and that the EPA/DHA is in a 3:2 ratio. From what I gathered from the website, the triglyceride form is more bio-available for the body to use than the Ester form. Similarly the 3:2 fatty acid ratio is supposed to be optimal. It's really hard to tell if these things really make a difference or not. I mean, you have all the studies but it really depends how much faith you put into them. I'm quite jaded and skeptical of EVERYTHING. Just because a study says it doesn't make it true. In this case though, there are many other signs that point to this fish oil being superb, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I do like that these are molecularly distilled, which is a must have for any fish oil going into my body and also manufactured in USA in a GMP and FDA approved facility. They also say right on their website they'd be happy to share testing certificates on request (although I did not test that out). The potency of these is also excellent with 3 pills providing 2250mg of Omega-3 (EPA1224/DHA816/Other Omega-3 210). One serving will definitely give you everything you need. Overall, it's a fantastic profile.

I took the full dose of 3 pills a day with my first real meal, usually lunch. The pills are smooth and easy to swallow. There is a nice lemony scent that comes out of the bottle and no hint of fishiness. This is one of best signs to look for when determining quality. Quality fish oil shouldn't smell fishy at all. The pills have no taste and I rarely got any fish burps. A few times I did get a hint of it but it was only when I burped from swallowing air while eating or from drinking a carbonated beverage. It certainly wasn't from the fish oil itself. Even when I did burp and taste a little bit of fish it was always a very clean fish scent, not a nasty rancid one, again, evidencing the quality of the product. Truthfully, I don't mind a little fish burp. It's not a big deal!

These worked great! I didn't notice any drop off from the brand I was using prior. Recovery, inflammation, and joint pain all stayed about the same. That is to say, none of them were issues that kept me out of the gym or limited any movements. I've been biking A LOT while on this run and I can feel some inflammation in my knees but it was kept at bay by the fish oil for sure. Same with my elbows and shoulders as I have been hitting a lot of volume on arms and shoulders during the run with this product (can't squat or dead due to a strain in my obliques). In my experience there is very little a good fish oil and a few ibuprofen can't fix when it comes to inflammation. I didn't notice any of the other reported benefits of fish oil such as lower triglyceride levels, eye health, skin health, etc. but I've been on fish oil forever so I would really have to stop taking it to see what would happen. However, I'm confident this fish oil was having positive effects in all those areas even though you can't "feel" it working like that. I did not notice any better effectiveness over what I normally use though.

The price direct from the company or Amazon is $30 for a 40 day supply. If you sign up for auto ship you can get that down to $26. Overall, I find it refreshing to see a company putting out such a high quality product at such a reasonable price. While the price is definitely in the ballpark for a quality fish supplement, there ARE better deals out there on products that IMO perform just as well, especially if you buy in bulk. If you truly believe in the EPA/DHA ratio thing, natural triglyceride form, and like that it is sustainable fished I suppose that might raise the value for you from good to great.

The product I normally use I get for around $34.50 for a 60 day supply. That's running a 2 pill serving which provides only about 100mg less of Omega-3s with one less pill I have to take. The EPA/DHA ratio on that product it much heavier on the EPA side though. It is purified by molecular distillation, but I was unable to ascertain if it was the natural triglyceride form or not. I also have no idea what kind of fish it comes from or if it is produced sustainably. So my usual brand does work out a bit cheaper and over the course of a year would save me a significant amount of money. I think the value really hinges on how important that stuff is to an individual vs. overall price. Personally, I'm cheap; since I didn't notice any benefits above and beyond my normal fish oil I won't likely change unless the price is equal or less than what I'm taking now.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've been around the block enough to know a very good product when I see one and Intelligent Labs has a GREAT fish oil formula here. Although it's a little more expensive than some other quality brands it's still in the ballpark on pricing. You should never go really cheap on any supplements but especially not on fish oil. A poor quality fish oil really can do more harm than good. Using this product was a pleasure and I'd be glad to recommend it to any of my friends or family. Intelligent Labs appears to be a brand that truly wants to do supplements right and I will be on the lookout for an expanding product line from them in the future because I would love to try more of their products.

Thanks for reading!
  • Lemon: 10/10

June 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great EPADHA Ratio
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Worth The Extra Price
  • High Quality Fish Oil
    I am a big believer that Omega 3's should be a staple supplement of every day life. There are so many proven positives of this product that it should be an every day thing. Secondly, I would like to apologize to Intelligent Labs for the delay on writing this review. I would also just like to say thank you for the opportunity to try such a wonderful and effective product. Our bodies require Omega 3's for normal hormonal body functions.

Ingredients: 9/10 - The ingredients are straight forward. There is no prop blend. I have attached the photo of the label, but I will also list all the ingredients below:

3 Soft Gels
    40 servings

Omega 3 Fatty Acids - 2250 mg broken down

EPA - 1224mg
    DHA - 816mg
    Other Omega 3 - 210mg
    ===================================

Dosing: 10/10 - The dosing is easy. 3 pills with either a morning meal or before bed. I took 3 pills in one shot with my morning meal. About 20 minutes letting my meal digest first.

===================================
    Taste: 10/10 - More Fish Oil pills that I have taken have had a fishy burp back taste, or a fishy taste going down. These pills did not have any taste and were pretty smooth to take. 3 Pills although descent size, were still easily to consume.
    ===================================

Effectiveness: 9/10 - So I dont usually give a 9's out so easily unless I really saw a tremendous difference between not taking this product or when I took it. I will break it down into categories.

Our bodies can't make omega 3 fatty acids on its own. It all depends on our diet for those, and even if we are making an effort to eat lots of fish, avocados, and nuts, we might still be falling short of your goals.

1) First thing I noticed was the anti-inflammatory type of recovery. My muscles were not as sore the next day as when I was not taking this product. When we train our bodies tear our muscles and can cause them to be inflamed. That's where Omega 3's come in. They help.
    2) Studies have shown that Omega 3's increase protein synthesis. This was a big help when taking protein supplements. I felt stronger and my reps and weight increased slightly even though I was consuming less calories.
    3) The biggest thing I noticed while taking this product regularly was that my DOMS were severely decreased and my body was not as sore the next day. Which made going to the gym less painful and I was able to get more out of my workouts. Esp on leg days.
    4) Another big part was the joint health I felt when taking this product. I have had some major joint pains before when coming off MK and with the water retention my joints were painful. While taking this product I noticed a big part of muscle lubrication.
    5)Also I like how it helps with proper heart health and decreasing the bp during exercise. Which means my body was using less oxygen to do the same amount of work that other people training used.

===================================
    Value: 9/10 - Pretty cheap. Around $25 for 40 days worth. Very affordable and high quality.

===================================

Overall: 9/10 - This product gets a solid 9! I will be a happy customer.

June 24, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great EPADHA Ratio
    • No Fishy Taste
    • Third Party Testing
    • Worth The Extra Price
    • High Quality Fish Oil

Hello SR. Here to review a high quality fish oil supplement. First I would like to thank Intelligent Labs for sending this out to review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I'm very big on the use of fish oil supplements for overall body maintenance and joint health as well. So I'm pretty picky when it comes to choosing brands and straying away from the ones I already deemed worthy of use. Needless to say you won't see me buying any fish oil from Walgreens since a lot of the brands don't even say how much EPA and DHA they contain per serving. Anyways, here's my review on a new brand I'm probably going to stick with.

Well, the main active ingredient is omega-3 fatty acids....surprise! lol which is a good thing obviously because you don't need anything else added into purified fish oil. I like Intelligent Labs because of how well it has been purified to remove contaminants. Now when it comes to fish oil you need to know the EPA and DHA, which a lot of lower quality brands never disclose and merely place a freaking * by the total daily value. No go for me.

I'm not going to say all the benefits of EPA and DHA, there's a lot of studies and researches you can look up instantly. But I will say that I do like seeing a slightly higher amount of EPA over DHA. You should be receiving both in your diet, but studies are now focused on their individual benefits, which EPA shows more of when it comes to preventive care. I do like that they even added lemon flavor to the gel capsules to knock off most of the fishy tastes that can come from them.

The capsules really didn't have a taste and were not fishy at all. The capsules are somewhat large but easy to swallow. Mixability does not apply to this.

Dosing was 3 capsules daily for me with dinner. Says you can also take your 3 caps right before bedtime.

I've been sticking with NOW omega-3 fish oil since I haven't really found anything else to match it. However, Intelligent Labs omega-3 is actually higher in quality upon comparing the two bottles and doing research on both brands. I would have to say it's effective because during the use of this supplement my body had a better overall feeling to it especially in my joints. I used this for almost 3 weeks prior to using Fortify, so I know most definitely the effectiveness came from Intelligent Labs fish oil. Can't really say my heart and brain feel any better, but I did seem to have better focus while using this. Can't say it's the fish oil for sure though.

I found this being sold on their website for $30.00, which is pretty cheap considering the quality and the fact you get 40 servings, so you are looking at around $0.75 per serving. This is quite inexpensive when it comes to a top notch supplement. Like seriously, those bottles you see being sold by Naturemade for their BOGO deal is garbage. Research it and actually see what you are paying for. Either that or just eat more whole foods high in omega-3 fatty acids.

Side Effects

No Side Effects to Report

Conclusion

I'd recommend purchasing this supplement if you want quality omega-3 fatty acids with a higher dose of EPA over DHA. If they maintain the sale price of $30.00 per bottle of 40 servings then I say that is an awesome price. Definitely hoping to get my hands on a couple more bottles in the near future. Thanks for allowing me to review your supplement Intelligent Labs.

8.9
        June 23, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great EPADHA Ratio
      • No Fishy Taste
      • Third Party Testing
      • Worth The Extra Price
        - Introduction -
        Over the course of taking this product I have been highly active with working out or playing sports everyday. Other supplements I have been taking are BCAA's, whey protein, preworkout, and collagen. My diet has been fairly consistent, similar to that of the Velocity diet with smoothies during the day(save time) and one meal at night. My overall goal is to drop my weight into the mid 180's and my diet and supplementation as based off of that goal. A quality fish oil is a great addition to a solid diet, especially if that diet lacks quality fish. There are many different benefits to fish oil supplementation all which I will mostly get into, but first starting off with the ingredients.

- Ingredient Profile -
        For comparison purposes, I am going to compare the fish oil I was taking about a month prior to this which is Vitamin Shoppe's Omega 3. So first off a serving from Intelligent Lab's Ultra Pure Fish Oil is 3 soft gels daily which comes out to a total of 2250 mg of omega 3 fish oils yielding 1224 mg of EPA, 816 mg of DHA a 3:2 ratio, and 210 mg of other fish oils. Compared to Vitamin Shoppe's for roughly the same amount of fish oil in 2 soft gels at 2200 mg, which yields 1200 mg of EPA, 480 mg of DHA which is almost 3:1 ratio the recommended being the 3:2 per their site, which I researched and they are correct. The main difference is found in the DHA which Intelligent Lab's yields roughly 330 mg more of the DHA. Taking the totals you end up with 2040 mg of EPA and DHA from Intelligent Labs, and 1680 mg from Vitamin Shoppe's brand. Intelligent Labs also claims that their fish oil is "70% more effective than ordinary fish oil" which I will objectively look at in the effectiveness portion of this review. Overall they have a great ingredient profile, they show all the test for purity as well which is a plus.

Want to know more check out: https://www.intelligentlabs.org/product/ultra-pure-omega-3/

- Dosing -
        As dosing goes, I took three soft gels with my first meal of the day(recommended), which comes out to a grand total of 40 days worth of fish oil. There are a total of 120 soft gels in this.

- Aftertaste -
        They added natural lemon flavoring to help combat the fishy taste that is a side effect of taking fish oils and I have to say it worked. I never experienced any fishy after taste of had any other side effects from taking this.

- Effectiveness -
        As fish oils go, the effectiveness is subtle, and nearly impossible to notice. The main effects I experienced from supplementing this was joint pain was kept to a minimum, I noticed that my cognitive ability was increased ever so slightly without the aid of stimulants, and my skin health improved as well as my hair. To delve into more detail as to what I talking about, I have been highly active the past few months and it has taken a toll on my knees which have been feeling a little more achy lately. Within the first two weeks of taking this my joint pain had all but subsided. As for cognitive ability, fish oil seems to work well for me, and this was no different. Again in around the first two weeks of taking this I could notice a slight difference in my ability to stay on task and complete it. As for skin and hair health, I was at the beach for a weekend in 90+ degree weather weekend long, without any sunscreen whatsoever and did not get burnt at all. For backstory, my skin tends to burn easily however this time no sun burn at all and my skin tanned nicely. I don't think this was the complete reason as to why, it also might have something to do with the added collagen I take daily as well. As for my hair, it has been growing much faster than normal and has a nice glean to it, again this is most likely part fish oil part collagen; however I have been supplementing collagen even before taking this, and these effects were more noticeable once i started on the fish oil Overall I absolutely had a great time trying out Intelligent Lab's Ultra Pure Fish Oil, and will look to order this on my own. 8.9/10

- Value -
        Right now for a bottle of 120 soft gels it is $30 off of their site and Amazon. Though you can say 10% by subscribing to it, however I am not the type to do so. As for comparison, Vitamin Shoppe's Omega 3 was $19.99 for 180 capsules, so this comes down to which ratio you prefer. Overall this has a solid value to it, since you're getting a 3:2 ratio which is preferred and studied. This is a little on the high end for pricing, however I still say it is well worth the price at 7.5/10.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
        Overall Intelligent Labs has a solid fish oil product that is backed by studies and third party testing. If you're looking for a great fish oil supplement and not on a tight budget, I highly recommend Ultra Pure Omega-3.