Ranks #16 (better than 94%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

DVST8 White Cut is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Inspired Nutraceuticals. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

BroteinBoy
TROOPer Level: 3
  May 8, 2017

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Just a little introduction to myself here. Been a fan of SR for years now and has always been my go to resource for non biased reviews. Having worked in the supplement retail industry for several years now and at several different retailers I figured it was time that I made my knowledge of some use to the world. Currently I don't have a direct fitness goal, My weight training is definitely bodybuilding/ hypertrophy workouts but Im also heavily involved in combat sports (Boxing, Muay Thai and Jiu jitsu), so i do consider myself moderately an athlete. My favourite products are pre workouts and I am also big into niche and new styles of products.

Right out of the gate Inspired impressed me with the non proprietary blend formula, the label even does the user the favour of having the dosages listed for both a one scoop and a two scoop serving. I'm just going to stick to the cliffnotes here:

The Truth Matrix: This is White Cut's muscle endurance blend which delivers 4G L-Citrulline per scoop (8G for 2 scoops for those playing along at home), 1600mg of Beta Alanine (3,200mg x 2 scoops), 2G Betaine Anhydrous (4G x 2 scoops), 1G taurine (2G x 2 scoops) and Raw Coconut Water Concentrate in a 250mg dosage. Right off the bat I was super impressed with the Citrulline and the Betaine dosages, clearly not skimping in either of those departments

Max Vo2:
Here we have the nitric oxide based portion of the White Cut, which gives us: 50mg Theobromine (100mg x 2 scoops), 20mg Higenamine Hydrochloride (40mg x 2 scoops) and 7.5mg of Cocoa extract, specifically the trademarked Cocobuterol version.

Thermofocus blast:
Now this is the fun part, whats a good pre without the stimulants that make you question what you ever did before taking pre workout. This is where we get introduced to a blend of: AdvantraZ, Caffeine Anhydrous (100mg), 2-Aminoisoheptane, Caffeine Citrate (50mg), Di-Caffeine Malate (50mg), Alpha Yohimbine and Black pepper extract (specifically bioperine)

DVTS8 White Cut is currently available in 3 flavours: California gold (a mango/ summer flavour), Galaxy Pop (a rocket popsicle based flavour) and Pacific crush (unsure, but a blue raspberry type flavour).
i personally have tried the California gold and the galaxy pop, both of which I can say are very solid flavours, sweet but not over powering which leads me to recommend going with at least a half a shaker cups worth of water (per scoop). Mixability is perfect, very few floaters or sinkers, I always keep shaking my pre workouts out of habit so I cant speak to any issues regarding the settling of the powder.

Now here is the real reason we all buy a pre workout, you can break down the ingredients all day long and rave or hate the flavouring system, but if it works, then everything else gets thrown out the window. I'll keep it simple and break it down based on the major categories
Endurance: Had zero issues with muscular endurance while on DVST8, my workouts are pretty intense and I found myself needing shorter rest periods then if I had been training on no pre/ stims.

Pumps: The pumps from DVST8 were okay, nothing super significant, but I know that personally I respond better to Agmatine Sulfate then Citrulline, however there were still evident pumps.

Energy: Now this is where this product really shines. Right out of the gate I took a 2 scoop serving (bold move I know), holy did that ever take me for a ride. i was buzzing around the gym, it was a weird sense of jittery where I was concerned about how strong I was going to be, but when it came time to lift I smashed multiple PR's on several of my lifts (this was a chest workout). Perhaps the most surprising was that I didn't experience any sort of significant crash, more of a gentle let down after a few hours. That being said this is the kind of pre workout that takes some experimenting to find your preferred intake level. For me personally its perfect at 1.5 scoops, just enough of the stims to really get me going, but not enough to push me overboard. Start small and work your way up with the dosages.

Overall Effects:
In terms of muscle building, Id say its hard to gauge with pre workouts, I have set multiple PR's since starting White Cut (increased strength) and have gained muscle without gaining fat, as well as improvements in my athletic performance. However its far to hard to tie that to a pre workout, considering my diet and training were on point while taking it. Fantastic energy, gets you going and locks you in mentally for the workout.

The value on this product is not ideal when paying full price, Inspired retails it for $55.99 for a 40 scoop tub (based on a 1 scoop serving, therefore 20 servings if taking 2 scoops). That places this well over $1.00 per serving and over $2.00 per serving if doubling up the dosage. However some ground is gained here because if you keep an eye out Inspired is constantly running different promotions and discounts where you can get much better pricing (currently for their spring sale its $39.99 a tub).

Side Effects

No side effects other then the standards for pre workouts, don't take too close to bed time (obviously)

Conclusion

In conclusion this is simply one of the best dosed and most effective pre workouts on the market. Covers all of the bases one would like to see in a pre workout and will deliver even on a single scoop serving, if you can afford the somewhat steep price or can hold out until it goes on sale, I'd highly recommend giving DVST8 White Cut a try, even for the most stim tolerant of folks.
  • California Gold: 8/10
  • Galaxy Pop: 8/10
hulkish1
TROOPer Level: 59

February 23, 2017

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
What's good SR family? Long time and way over do but Krob the hulkish1 no so much anymore is dropping reviews and ready to get his semi-cute physique back! my first long overdue review is going to be on a pre-workout product called white cut from a company pretty new to the wildly over populated body building supplement world. DVST8 has produced a pre-workout that boasts clinical dosages of energy and mental focus. I consider myself a stim junkie with a completely broken receptor to caffeine and other stimulants but I love trying new products and leaving honest reviews. Let's dive into the great white cut and see what I thought.

---Taste 6/10 -----

The flavor I received was galaxy pop and it is supposed to be a play on the old school ice cream truck pops. I can't say I was blown away by the flavor it did not bring me back to the simplest times of my life that's for sure, but it was not rancid garbage either. I could care less about the taste as long as it does the job, but this was just an average flavor for me.

--- Effectiveness 7.0/10 ----

There is a bit to talk about here I will keep it to the readers digest version and go over the goods and bad. the best part of the product was it s ability to stay consistent the whole run through. I used 2.5 scoops (again i'm stim busted) and this product delivered the same result each and every time. the energy was decent there wasn't much of a tunnel vision or focus but as long as you know the supplements that gave those results are banned or found for testing your rats you won't get too upset over it. it was a clean energy with little to no crash at the 2.5 scoops but as soon as I ventured over the 2.5 I experienced some pretty bad side effects to the compounds I was pretty nauseas at times, heart palpitations and heightened anxiety. so the key is to try to find that sweet spot where it is just enough to bring you to the edge with out falling off.

the best thing I noticed about white cuts was the presence of beta-alanine. it was so strong it brought me back to my first time I used jack3d from usp way back like 2010 or so. as for saying a pre-workout can build muscle and promote fat loss that's a tough concept to grab hold of . yes it has caffeine and some other products that can accelerate fat loss and i guess with the extra energy you may get an extra rip in on a couple of sets. i would have grade this higher but with lack of performance at there recommended dosage and extreme other spectrum with just a tad too much makes it a tough product to dose correctly and achieve desired performance.

Content 7/10

as stated clinical dosage i agree with that statement everything is pretty much laid out for you and it is quiet impressive on paper but with the lack of consistence killed it for me. there are only two blends/matrix and one is for the bronchi aspect and the other CNS stimulation mixed in is a potent creature.
one addition is coconut water which i have not seen in any pre-workout i can recall. from reading on it to figure out why it appears it helps with hydration well guess what you may need the extra hydration, packed with enzymes and other nutrients, if you are stim sensitive for sure. is this added for novelty or is there more I'm missing i'll let you decide

Value 6.5/10

If ran at 2 scoops you get 20 servings at nearly 2.00 per serving ouch. if you can take 1 scoop for a whole run then maybe give this a shot but for people such as myself i think making your own pre-workout is the way to go. so i will base my review for the 1 scooper people out there and give it a 6.5 because 49.99 is still a pretty penny for a pre-workout

Overall this was not a horrible product it did deliver but if you cross the line it kicks you in the ass and lets you know it quickly. taste is unique and with the compounds i can see why they tried to mimic a classic kids treat galaxy pop. content on paper is great as it did deliver just be wary of the line of tolerance as it can ruin a work out pretty quickly. value is the only hitch i feel even though it has a great profile the cost of a pre-work out in my opinion should never go over a dollar per serving and i used 2.5 servings as my sweet spot. i will say meh and would not turn it down if it was given to me but as for seeking it out to buy it would not be #1 on my radar

-k-
  • Galaxy Pop: 7/10
Italy48
TROOPer Level: 36
  November 24, 2016

When looking for a new pre-workout I came across DVST8. With all of the hype about this product I had to jump into the waters and test it out. I was really excited to give this one a try. I would count down the days until I finished my previous PWO so I could rip into this one.

I am not going to list them all. I will talk about the ingredients I liked the most. This is per one scoop serving. There are four blends. Three show full disclosure but the ThermoFocus Blast blend is not fully disclosed. Niacin-10mg (B3) which is believed to be a mood enhancer along with the energy benefits of the B vitamin family. Citrulline-4g reduces fatigue. Beta Alanine-1.6g raises muscle carnosine and provides the Tingles. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate-250mg-Keeps you hydrated. Theobromine-50mg which gives you an alert factor. This will keep you on your toes. Higenamine Hydrochloride-20mg which has fat burning and stimulant properties. Also used as substitute for DMAA.

Taste was very good. I had the Galaxy Pop flavor. The taste was not very strong or sweet. It mixed well in the shaker cup. I dosed with one scoop for the first week and a half. I felt really good on one scoop so I figured I would feel great on two scoops. I was right. I felt fantastic on two scoops. I finished the bottle using two scoops.

Focus was good at one scoop but when I went to two scoops it was intense. My energy levels kicked into high gear. It was a different type of energy. I didn't find myself pacing between sets, I found myself almost relaxed between sets while looking at the weights while thinking "I'm gonna come over there in 46 seconds, pick you up, lift you and there is nothing you are going to do about it". I felt the energy but it wasn't that same energy where I felt I always needed to be moving. I know, it sounds odd. The confidence I had during my workouts while taking this PWO was amazing. After the focus factor kicked in I felt I could lift anything. I had to remind myself I couldn't a few times when I thought I would do something stupid and add an incredible amount of weight and really feel it the next morning. The tingles were there but not the strongest that I have had which is fine. As long as I can feel them I am happy. I also feel this product did a good job hydrating me before my workouts. I continued to trend in all of the right directions in my workouts so I would say this product does everything I wanted it to do.

I paid $59.99 on Inspired Nutraceuticals website. This gives you 40 servings at 1 scoop. This comes out to $1.49 per serving. The Nutraceuticals website has it for $55.99 currently. As good as this makes you feel, it is worth the price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a very good pre-workout. I believe this is the best one I have used to date. The focus is intense and the feeling of confidence I had was amazing. It's a good thing Lincoln Hawk wasn't around or I would have challenged him to an arm wrestling match (for you Over the Top fans). I really felt my mood change when this kicked in. This product put me in a very positive mood and mindset and ready to lift any weight that came my way. If you like good clean energy and focus this is the product for you.
  • Limited Availability
  • Galaxy Pop: 8/10
dk5bdubs
  October 27, 2016

This is my first review here on supplementreviews.com but it is by no means my first go-around with reviewing and using supplements. I've been following along with the reviews posted on this site by so many others and I figured that it was time for me to chime and become an active member in this community. As someone who trains all 7 days per week, I use my fair share of supplements so I know that my experiences can help provide some real-world feedback to everyone else.

The first thing to note about this pre-workout is the label that indicates you can go with either 1 scoop (11.2 grams) or a max. of 2 scoops (22.4 grams). The very first time that I tried this, I really debated hard on which way I wanted to go and read a lot of comments from others on what they thought the ideal dose was for them. Knowing my history and tolerance of other pre-workouts & supplements that I have taken, I decided to go right in with 2 scoops. And while 1.5 might be what is considered the "sweet spot," I felt absolutely tremendous taking the full 2 scoops. What I like about this product is that nearly everything is fully disclosed with the exception of the "ThermoFocus Blast." Other than that, I can clearly see what this product contains and how much of each particular ingredient I am getting. And by going with 2 full scoops, I each workout was providing me with 8,000mg of citrulline, 4,000mg of betaine anhydrous, 3,200mg of beta-alanine, 2,000mg of taurine and 500mg of raw coconut water concentrate under "The Truth Matrix." You'll see that this product does not contain creatine so if someone wanted to add this into the mix, they could certainly do so at their discretion.

In addition to the two groups I mentioned above, the product also has the "MaxVo2" matrix that contains theobromine, higenamine hydrochloride and cocoa extract.

Putting all of these together gives you a massive 22.4 grams if you use the 2 scoop serving like I did.

I used the Galaxy Pop flavor. It is not at all overly fruity by any means. The flavor is very subtle but definitely to the point where you can taste what I would call a "blend" of fruity flavors. You really could compare the flavor to a popsicle in that the overall flavoring is similar but again by no means that sweet. 2 scoops, which yields a pretty large serving size of 22.4 grams, mixed in quite well for me with 20 ounces of room-temperature water. I used ice cold water and room temperature water and found that I enjoyed the taste more with the room temperature version. In the 20 ounces of water, I would shake on & off for about 8-10 minutes which is how I normally mix up my pre-workouts. I like to give them enough time to dissolve in the water and that was the case with this supplement. After my shaking period, there were no extra particles floating around and everything mixed in quite well. As I finished my drink, there was no residue whatsoever left in my shaker cup. Using two scoops didn't leave any sort of chemical or overburdening taste in my mouth as I found that two scoops made for a very enjoyable drinking experience.

This is where the product absolutely exceeded my expectations, and by a long shot! I've used a lot of other pre-workouts in the past that have been intended to be muscle-builders and others that have been marketed more towards providing stimulating effects. But I felt that DVST8 offered the best of both worlds and the ingredients that it contained really impressed me as well as how great & clean the energy was that it provided. Two scoops provided quite a hefty dose of stimulants but there were never any days where it felt like it was too much. The energy would slowly start to come over me as I would get ready for my workout and it didn't seem to fade even the slightest bit as I trained. No matter how long my training session was for, I felt the same amount of great energy throughout. I never felt over-stimulated and I didn't experience any post-workout crashes after any of the times that I used this. In fact, the energy lasted me for quite a while after my workout was over and just as calmly as the energy came on, it tapered off in the same manner. As this product contains a stimulant DMHA, some users may need to slowly ease into this stimulant as DVST8 contains more than just caffeine. Many pre-workouts only have caffeine in them, so taking a new stimulant should be something that others consider before going all-in.

When I would compare this to other pre-workouts that I had used in the past, I felt that those others sometimes left me feeling like I didn't have it all "clicking" during my workout. But every single time that I used DVST8, I felt like I was on top of my game and that I was firing on all cylinders in the gym.

The sticking point on this product is how much it costs and the fact that there are not many retailers carrying it in stock right now. And for someone like me who is using 2 scoops, you certainly can run through a tub quite quickly and it can be pricey. But over the years, I've come to realize that you are getting what you pay for and I am absolutely able to justify the pricing for this pre-workout into my budget. I definitely take advantage when this product goes on sale at sites like www.suppz.com but even if I purchased at full price, I still feel as though I personally am getting my money's worth. For those users who might only use 1 scoop, you will definitely be getting more workouts for your dollar.

Side Effects

I personally didn't experience any side effects from DVST8. Considering that two scoops provides you with 3,200mg of beta alanine, some users might experience the tingles that can accompany this supplement. But I've used beta alanine for years and do not experience those tingles any longer. Even with 2 scoops and the amount of stimulants that it provides, I didn't have any crashes after my workouts or any headaches from too much caffeine. I know some users can feel too jittery if they max out with the servings but the full 2 servings for me provided steady, clean energy that slowly tapered off as my day wore on. I never experienced an elevated heart rate or anything of that nature either. 2 scoops suited me quite well and as I never had any side effects, this is what kept me wanting to use this supplement repeatedly.

Conclusion

I'm not sure how many people are familiar with the Inspired Nutraceuticals brand as I know they are a bit "underground" at the moment. But I firmly believe that once the masses start getting their hands on supplements like DVST8 that this will all change. I know building a brand takes time and with a ton of players in the pre-workout category, setting yourself apart from the others is no easy task. But that is exactly what DVST8 has done as this pre-workout tops every single other that I've tried to date. I love the combination of stimulants that this product provides as my focus was laser-like throughout all of my training sessions. And the focus was something that never diminished or suddenly wore off. This was a product that kept my body running at full speed no matter how long I trained and that feeling makes the price point even more acceptable for me personally.
  • Galaxy Pop: 9/10
elee229
TROOPer Level: 42
  October 16, 2016

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
I apologize to everyone on SR for the review coming in late. I appreciate the opportunity to try this product. Anyways on to the review.

What's up SR? I'm back with my second review ever on a caffeine included preworkout here on SR.

I want to thank the reps from Inspired Nutraceuticals for showing me so much love and participating in the program. There was a problem with my order. Long story short, the package never got to me safely. But they were very kind in sending me another tub, some BCAA samples, and a t-shirt. Huge shoutout to the person I was emailing (sorry I never got your name). Great customer service and quick response time.

What I really love about the ingredient profile is that there is only one prop blend (on their ThermoFocus Blast). I like how they have the amount of ingredients in one scoop and in two scoops (makes it easier on me). Everything is dosed well. Citrulline is 4grams per serving and beta alanine at 1.6 per serving. Total of 3 types of caffeine, and amounts to 200mg total per one scoop. Just some of the things that I appreciated about the label. If your looking for a more comprehensive breakdown, I would check out other SR reviewers review down below.

Taste A
Honestly one of the best preworkouts I have tried. Even better tasting than Cellucor's C4 in my opinion. I received the Pacific Crush, which is blueberry, coconut, and citrus flavor. Never thought the combo would work, but it hit the spot. I do miss the flavor and wish I had more.

Mixability B+
Mixability was okay, but not the greatest. No matter what is was mixed in (blender bottle or water bottle), it was still very gritty at the end and there were dark specks in it too.

The first time I tried the preworkout I went with one scoop about 30-45 minutes before my workout. The most I went up to is 2 scoops. And I can definitely say that 1 to 1 1/2 is the sweet spot for me. 2 scoops was overkill.

Effectiveness A
It works. The energy is unreal and consistent. The focus is strong and was there every workout. The sweats were insane. At the end of every workout, my t-shirt was drenched in sweat. My light grey t-shirt turned into dark grey. Sweat was dripping down my face and onto the floor. The worst was when doing deadlifts. I would start sweating like crazy on the lighter weights and the sweat would be all in my eyes.
The beta alanine tingles were just right. The pumps were definitely there and lasted throughout the entire workout. My vascularity definitely increased. Even if I felt sluggish, this pre-workout definitely amped me up. I was able to push heavy weight every workout. I felt motivated and that nothing could stop me. I just focused on myself and the weights, nothing else.

The lowest prices I found were $50. I couldn't find this anywhere besides Amazon, Inspired's website, and Suppz.com. At $50 for 40 servings, its $1.25 per serving, which is expensive in my opinion. It jumps up to $2.50 for 2 scoops. Not the greatest prices but is extremely effective and well dosed. Personally, I'd pick this up either when on sale or I've got extra cash.

Side Effects
Yes, there were side effects. It all depends on how many scoops you end up taking.

2 scoops: After my workout, I felt depressed and had increased anxiety. The first time trying 2 scoops, I worked out around 5-5:30pm. I wasn't able to sleep till late (past midnight). I was just wide awake in my bed staring at my wall. And sometimes during my workout, I would get really nauseous. I almost vomitted during my heavy leg session.

1 1/2 scoops: More manageable side effects. The depression and anxiety was still there but much more tolerable. I experienced increase sweating. I don't consider increased sweat as a side effect but for some maybe thats not what you want. I don't feel nauseous nor am I wide awake past midnight. I was able to go to sleep around 10 or 11pm consistently.

1 scoop: Side effects were still there. Anxiety and depression are very controllable. I could block out the negativity, almost like flicking a switch (if that makes any sense). Sleeping was no problem at all.

3 weeks after...
Definitely can tell my workouts aren't going as good as I was on this product. The energy levels and focus are down. I'm not crushing my workouts like I did when I was using this product. And worst part, my strength dropped. My lifts dropped by a few pounds, nothing major to worry about.

Conclusion
Great preworkout by IN that WORKS effectively!! The side effects may be too much for some, so if you decide to try out the product, take the right amount for you. I would recommend starting on the lower end and assessing your tolerance/side effects. If you can get over the side effects and price, a great preworkout awaits.
  • Pacific Crush: 9/10
mhseaver670
TROOPer Level: 82

September 28, 2016

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
Alright so I have been meaning to do this review for a while , but I needed to take time some time off it before I wrote a review on it. Now it is time.
First off I was super excited to get a chance to try this stuff I read a lot about this from this internet before it showed up here. All showing very positive feedback.

Profile.
I am not going to get into this. Yes the label looks great. It has everything you would need in it. Others have laid everything out on this so I am not going to steal their credit. If you want tons of more detail and info on this label scroll on down. I will say that this being laid out as a one scoop dose or two scoop dose preworkout is nice, you can get 40 decent workouts on this tub or 20 insane ones. ha.

Taste and mixing.
I had pacific crush and it was interesting. I feel it was a bit weak no matter how little water I used. I love coconut flavor but this one was just not strong enough. I was just a hint and then kind of bland.
The mixing was never really an issue , It did have some left in the bottom on occasion but not bad.

Effectiveness ( two parts )
First off as a Pre workout this stuff is seriously pretty awesome. I had some great focus , the energy was almost perfect levels. If I am too wired I seem to not be able to concentrate. But with this I was primed and ready to go. I got some good tingles off this as well, but again nothing off the charts. They seemed to be really dialed in on most of everything with this. Everything was going great on this until about 40 mins to an hr after taking this.

Side effects
Let me be clear. The side effects I had from this was absolutely horrid. Every single freaking time I took it. I tried 2 scoops, 1.5, 1 scoop. I even tried taking it with more food , Less food. I seriously tried it several ways to help ease the effects. Well what was they you ask?
Well when they hit I would sometimes get cold sweats, very weak feeling. Like a drop in blood pressure or sugar drop or something. Truly achy feeling.
I would at times get very nervous. I would sometimes just feel like begging to puke or something. These would last for about 30 mins and then go away.
Now I never had a crash per say but I would just feel absolutely awful almost every single time I used this.
Now it does make me wonder, is the label missing something?
Because of me feeling this way, No I would not suggest this one.

Its expensive. Its going to run you around 45 - 50 bucks , Now yes you can get about 40 workouts on this but lets be honest. If you wanting to get the truly effective dose of the ingredients you are going to be throwing in 2 scoops anyway. So that is going to be a very expensive workout for you .
Also because of the side effects I had , no way would I pay that much.

Overall
I truly wanted this one to be a home run, although I did have some good workouts on this. I really dreaded taking it due to the side effects.
Sorry guys.
  • Pacific Crush: 7/10
medinacirilo
TROOPer Level: 42
  August 13, 2016

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
So, this is one Preworkout that REALLY caught my eye, back when Stack3d began posting about it way back when. The name, the can, and the profile all got my attention, and after taking the speed-demon in GameDay I was curious how a full-profile pre would stack up, so JUMPED at the chance to try this! Huge thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for making this available to us Troopers, and my apologies for taking so long to post this! Ok enough small talk, lets get into this.

PROFILE-9
Fully Loaded to the gills! This is what drew me into trying this product. I wont completely break the label down, as its fully disclosed, but a few things caught my eye; the first "V-Fuel"blend has some good minerals and B-Vitamins, but the potassium at 42-84mg (at either one or 2 scoops) was nice. the "Truth" matrix has the usual non-stim preworkout items like Citrulline, Betaine, Beta-Alanine, Taurine, and a nice inclusion of raw coconut water. but the thing here is the doses; Citrulline is at 4000/8000mg (one or 2 scoops!). Very nice. the "MaxVo2" blend has Theobromine; which has a TON of effects (yeah i did the google) like enhanced bronchial effects, neurological enhancement, and stimalnt effect when taken with caffiene. it does have some side effects from too much such as restlessness, loss of appetite, and insomnia. Also int his blend is Higenamine Hydrochloride, and cocoa extract. OK, last blend is an unassumingly named "thermofocus blast" but after i deciphered the big chemical names i fount it has 3 different caffeine, 2-aminoisoheptane (which came up as that new fangled DMHA!) and an N-Phenylethyl Dimethylamine Citrate (which came up as Eria Jarensis extract, touted as the "New DMAA"!) Ok woah, some legit things going on! read the label if you want the doses, but those big long compounds dont have theirs listed. Pretty much a kitchen sink approach, at some surprises in the mix.

I received the "Rocket Pop" and it did taste like the old ice cream truck staple. Well, sorta. It was a watered down version, and had a chemical finish. Nothing too bad to choke down, but it did get old for me. No dyes, it mixes halfway decent but there is always some graininess and settling if it's left sitting. It would leave some sandy looking particles in the cup.

EFFECTIVENESS-8.85!
The first time I took this, I thought I was a big boy and went for the full 2 scoops. Yeah, I wasn't ready! This product takes about 30 minutes to really kick in, so I thought it was weak at first. But when anxiety, shakiness, and an uncomfortable amount of energy set in I realized I probably should've followed the label instructions! I'm a stim-junkie, so I didn't expect any of these caffeine-overdose effects. At one scoop, it was actually a tad underperforming for me. I played around with the dosage until I settled on 1.5 scoops as my "sweet spot" (albeit, a very strong one!) The beta-alanine tingles were very strong. The energy didn't hit all at once but was a steady build, sometimes to the point where you think to yourself "Jeez, I probably shouldn't have taken as much as I did!" I did get tunnel vision somewhat, but not on the level Gameday did. It was more of a brute-energy that would not let up, and you would just lift weight with NO thought process. At the right dosage my focus would be nice and zeroed in. but if I took a little too much (or a lot) I had trouble focusing, and my mind would be racing and all over the place. Another very impressive aspect was the muscle pump. I'm talking full, tight, painful pumps that lasted the rest of your day. For a PreWorkout to cover ALL these bases and excel at each of them, is a feat in itself. This is a strong product, so test your own tolerance (yes experienced user, you too!) and proceed with caution, as there seems to be little margin for error on this one!

SIDE EFFECTS- 6 or 8, depending on dosage.
The side effects ARE dosage dependent, so keep that in mind. When I went over my 1.5 scoops I would get some anxiety, shakiness, and just felt "not right". Some slight nausea. Also, a big crash after a few hours. Now, at the right dose, I would have some profuse cold sweating, but that's about it. The crash wasn't nearly as bad. This didn't curb my appetite like Gameday did. Shockingly, I didn't suffer from Stim-D like I've had with some other strong preworkouts. Considering the energy blends involved, this is a little puzzling to me. So overall, the sides aren't bad at all IF you respect this.

VALUE-5.6
At right under $50, and hard to find (at least i thought so) Pretty expensive compared to the rest of the market (and what I'm used to paying for a Preworkout). I didn't seem to build a tolerance to this one. One thing I did notice is the can seemed to last WAY longer than it should have (at 1.5 scoops). Honestly though, even at that price I would PROBABLY, MAYBE buy it and take again. I think the price is a huge knock on a solid product.

*LAST MINUTE UPDATE; Ok, so as i was just finishing this up i did another search, and does anybody know if its already been pulled from the shelves?!?! I can only find it on Ebay.

OVERALL-8.3
This was quiet the impressive product, it covered pretty much every aspect we all want in a pre, and it was consistent from start to finish. Like I said before, it's VERY dosage dependent. This one is much more expensive then I'm used to paying for a supplement, but it performs in a big way. I'm still a big fan of Gameday, but I'd call that one a "precision pre" while this one is more like hunting squirrel with a .50cal! Between those two, and the new "Yeah Buddy" getting rave reviews, it's good to see some competitiveness and so many solid options in the post-DMAA Preworkout market.
horsty
TROOPer Level: 57
  August 11, 2016

- Introduction -
Good old preworkouts, if you're like me this is the first category you experimented in when first trying out supplements. From my first N.O pills from GNC, to MusclePharm's Assault, and from there the original USP Labs Jack3d and DS Craze, I have tried a lot of preworkouts. One of the aspects I look for first in any preworkout is the ability to improve focus. Next I am a sucker for that Beta Alanine which helps to keep my workouts going stronger for longer. Pump is another aspect I like, but not necessarily a must for me. Enter Inspired Nutraceuticals with DVST8 White Cut. A preworkout that looks to do it all in terms of focus, strength and pump.

- Ingredient Profile -
On paper has all the right ingredients, and doses them pretty well per serving. The it is set up some of the ingredients such as Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline is dosed best at 2 servings, with BA coming in a 1.6 grams per serving and L-Citrulline coming in at 4 grams per serving. Overall the rest is dosed rather well, and a few ingredients are in a prop blend, which is not that big of a deal to me as they did have the awareness to show the dosages of the three different types of caffeine in this pwo (200mg total per serving). Overall I was highly impressed by this ingredient list, and I like the addition of N-phenethyl-dimethylamine(Eria Jarensis Extract) and 2-aminoisoheptane(DMHA) which really amp up the workout experience.

If you want to know more about those two ingredients, priceplow has two great articles that cover them rather well found here:
Eria Jarensis Extract: https://blog.priceplow.com/eria-jarensis-extract-n-phenethyl-dimethylamine
DMHA: https://blog.priceplow.com/dmha

Overall the mixture of proven ingredients, with some experimental ones makes this an interesting profile on paper.

- Taste -
I had the California Gold(Peach Mango) and I have to say this tasted great. From the first time I tried it, to the very last sip I enjoyed this 100%. Coming into this I was slightly worried as I had heard that the flavors were horrible(Old flavors, new ones are getting solid reviews) and to my surprise this tasted wonderful, and exactly as described with a peach flavoring, and subtle mango flavors as well.

- Mixability -
1 scoop in about 12oz of ice cold water and this mixed up perfectly in my cool looking Mous Shaker(Not a plug, I swear).

- Dosing -
Anywhere between 1-2 scoops. I tired 4 verations(1, 1.25, 1.5 & 2 scoops) and settled on 1 scoop after a few issues I will get into later on.

- Effectiveness - (This entire effectiveness portion is based off dosing this at one scoop)
If you remember the good old days of Jack3d, you'll probably remember the tunnel vision, as well as that alpha male feeling while you were working out. Like every lift made you feel like you were breaking world records, and the minions in the gym were lucky enough to be in the presence of a god such as yourself, that is almost exactly the feeling I would get from DVST8 White Cut. Once I found my correct dosage at 1 scoop, from there on out it was wonderful. Roughly 15 minutes after taking this, I would feel a quiet storm brewing within myself. This storm was unleashed as I started my warm ups, and almost always my warm ups turned into PR moments. The tunnel vision, the strength, the pure aggressiveness in the gym all accumulated into one of the best series of workouts I have had in a long time. Not only was DVST8 White Cut effective, but it also consistent. Every workout was solid, no down turn like I had previously experienced with some other preworkouts. Overall I would mark this as one of my favorite preworkouts to date, and because of the consistency of the effects, possibly the best preworkout I have ever taken. Now, it wasn't all good and for reasons I will get into next. You will need to do a little experimenting to figuring which dosage is right for you.

- Side Effects -
When I first tired this I made the mistake of jumping into the deep end without knowing how to swim. At 2 scoops this produced some nasty side effects for myself. Cold sweats, nervousness, anxiety and a huge crash after my first workout had me thinking this was not going to work out nicely. So the next time I tried this, I went down to 1.5 scoops and still experienced the same side effects, but at a lesser level. From there I went to 1.25 scoops and the same thing with the side effects. Finally I settled on 1 scoop and although there were still some sides, I would notice that my anxiety was heighten but not by much, and I would experience a slight crash about 6 hours after taking this. Now, am I going to lower the rating because of the sides? No, and I'll explain why. It was my own fault for not properly reading the label. I try to stay around 200 mg of caffeine in a days time, and at 2 scoops this has 400 mg. All of it doesn't hit at once, about 100 mg of caffeine citrate hits right away, another 200 mg of caffeine anhydrous takes hold in about 30-45 mins and the rest 100 mg of di caffeine malate is released slowly throughout a few hours. My point is, read the label, start small and work your way up with this preworkout. It is not like some of the other ones on the market where you can take the full dosage right away. If you're like myself you'll stick with 1 scoop, others may do well of 1.5 or 2 scoops. Only you can make the decision on what is the best dosage for you.

- Value -
As of now Suppz.com has this at $40 for 40 servings. For myself that is an incredible value for a great preworkout.

- Conclusion -
Inspired Nutraceuticals has put out one of the better preworkouts on the market and you would be crazy not to try it. However, I likened this to a Yamaha R1, you have to respect the beast or you won't have a good time. Find the right dosage for you, and this will most likely be one of the better preworkouts you have ever had.
  • Great Value
  • California Gold: 9/10
shae2311
TROOPer Level: 45
  August 8, 2016

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!

When I 1st saw this profile pop up on Stack3d I was hoping that the TROOPers would get a chance to try it out fairly soon and shortly after that it pops up. Thanks to Inspired for participating in the TROOP program and sending this out.

At 2 scoops which is where I dosed this for most of the tub you get 8 grams of pure citrulline, I cant remember another product going with that much or straight citrulline, usually you see the malate version which to me isn't quite as effective. 4grams of betaine, 3.2 of beta alanine, and 500mg of raw coconut water concentrate(love this stuff and can definitely tell a difference in my workouts when my pre includes it. You then have a more than adequate little mix of a few kinds of stims (caffeine, DMHA, Eria jarensis, and yohimbe).

I requested the Galaxy Pop, but received the PAcific Crush. Although im a fan of coconut water in my pre's ive never been fond of any kind of coconut actual flavoring so I was a little disappointed upon receiving, but oh well. The flavor wasn't at all like I expected, the taste was very smooth, unlike any pre I can remember drinking, absolutely no tartness or chemical aftertaste. You could definitely tell there was coconut in there, but it wasn't bad. It wasn't my favorite flavor, but you shouldn't have any issue getting it down.
Mixing was great everytime, never had any issues in that department. No grit or floaters and no foam.
Dosing was simple 30 minutes preworkout.

I will leave the negative parts for the side effects section and go over the positive here. I will say that about 1 of every 3 workouts ended up in a negative way, so here's for the other ones...
One thing that showed up every workout whether it was a good or bad one was the pump and the tingles. Vascularity was insane in my forearms and on arm days the pump I got from preacher curls was enough for me to have to switch exercises. The fullness I got in my arms and shoulders made it difficult after about the 1st exercise to really get a lot of reps in on higher volume days.
I personally love the beta alanine tingles and the kind I got with this was a littler different than that ive used in the past after drinking I didn't fee much but I I scratched my head or rub my face its lie it set off a chain reaction and the itching/tingling got pretty intense.
Focus and energy were on point every workout and on a few occasions the energy boost I got wasnt exactly a good thing. If you are needing to sleep withing 6 hours of working out then this product isn't for you.

39.99 for 40 servings was the cheapest I could find this, at 1 scoop which will be enough for a lot of people your looking at $1 a servings which would be a great value to me. If you go with 2 scoops the value drops a little but I feel like the price is more than fair for the amounts of the quality ingredients you are getting.

Side Effects

About a third of the workouts I had on this the experience took a turn for the worse. I would get to the gym and start working out and within the 1st 15 minutes I would get cold sweats and feel just overall like crud. Id go home lay down and after about 2 hours I would feel better. I usually workout after work so id be laying there trying to sleep, but this stuff keeps your energy up there for awhile so I was stuck in bed feeling like death trying to sleep but couldn't. I threw up a couple times while using this and even after puking I still felt awful. I checked my BP and heartrate in the instances and there wasn't any indications of a problem there so im not sure what it could have been. After the tub and before posting this I gave it a couple weeks and I used other preworkouts to see if it may just be me but ever since stopping I haven't had an issue

Conclusion

The good workouts I had were great, but the bad ones were awful. If im paying $40 for a product I don't want to take a 1/3 gamble that I might just have to head straight home after using. I noticed another user had an issue and lowered his intake to 1 scoop and it got better, but I wouldn't want to drop a scoop and lose that clinical dosage of different ingredients. If you don't react badly to this then its a top preworkout no question.
  • Pacific Crush: 7/10
JayT
TROOPer Level: 56
  August 5, 2016

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!

I want to start by saying, this was the probably the hardest supplement I think I have ever had to review. I will explain more below. When I first saw the label of this, I really wanted to try it. On paper, this looks like it has the chance to be one of the best pre-workouts to come out recently in my opinion. Normally, I try to be conscious of how much caffeine/other stimulants I consume. I do not like to rely on 300 mg+ of caffeine before every workout to be productive in the gym. With that said, even at one scoop I thought this was dosed pretty well and I would be looking at getting 40 servings out of it.

This is made up of four blends, three of which give the dosages. The first blend is the V-Fuel blend where you will find some B-vitamins and electrolytes. The Truth Matrix has your standard pre-workout ingredients, dosed impressively at a full two scoops. This matrix contains citrulline, betaine, beta alanine, taurine, and coconut water. A small complaint for me would be that I would like to see BetaPower and/or Carnosyn BA, but that of course would drive up the price. The third blend is the MaxVo2, which contains Theobromine, higenamine hydrochloride, and a trademarked form of cocoa extract called cocoabuterol. Finally there is the ThermoFocus Blast which is a prop blend containing mostly stims (although the caffeine is disclosed--200 mg total per scoop coming from three different sources). The other ingredients found in this proprietary blend are 2-aminoisoheptane (DMHA), N-Phenylethyl Dimethylamine Citrate (Eria Jarensis), Synephrine Hydrochloride, Alpha Yohimbe, and BioPerine. If you follow the descending order of the ingredients listed here, you can expect anywhere from 50 mg-100 mg of both the DMHA and EJ, and a max of 50 mg of the Synephrine, Yohimbe and BioPerine. I know that does not help much in the grand scheme of things if you want to keep track of what you are taking, but it can give some sort of idea.

Okay, here is where I really had an issue with this product. When I first took this product for about the first week, I started off taking just one scoop. I honestly was not really impressed with it at one scoop. I was having pretty lackluster workouts for whatever reason at one scoop. No pump, focus was not there, energy was surprisingly low for having right about my average intake of 200 mg.

The next week, I jumped up to 1.5 scoops and the first workout I had, I was extremely anxious and had cold sweats. My pump was non-existent. I was still able to complete my workout though with no other issues. I figured that day was a fluke and went with 1.5 scoops again the next day. Big mistake. I think I did one warm-up set and became extremely dizzy with cold sweats again. I laid down in the stretching area under a fan for probably 20 minutes until finally walking back to the locker room to get my stuff. I left the gym and as soon as I got to my car, I threw up in the parking lot. It was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a supplement. I am sure it was the supplement though because I felt completely normal until I got to the gym and starting warming-up. I could not eat or leave the bed for the rest of the day and the following day. I felt a little better on the third and fourth day, but I was still extremely dizzy whenever I would move too quickly. I took off totally from the gym until the following week.

The third week I (maybe stupidly) started taking this again at one scoop. This time was much better. I was getting better workouts at the gym and was having decent pumps. For the remaining two-three weeks after, I went with 1.25 scoops and felt like that was my sweet spot. I do not have any explanation of why it was better for me the second time around, but I did eventually start to like it. It does cover all big spots you would look for in a pre-workout. You get your hydration, endurance, pump, focus, and energy. I do wish I was not so sensitive or whatever to the stimulants in here to be able to take the two full scoops and really receive all of this pre-workout's benefits. I noted most of my early problems with this supplement in my journal that I have not been really updating, but you can probably see why I had such a hard time rating this one.

Taste 6/10 before throwing up, 1/10 after: I requested and received the Pacific Crush flavor which was blueberry, coconut, and citrus. I wanted to try something different and liked all the flavors, so I figured why not. I thought the flavor was decent, but I would want to choose another flavor if I ever tried this again. I thought it was a bit chemical tasting or something. However after the day I threw up, I could not tolerate this anymore. If you have ever thrown up from a certain alcohol and cannot even smell that alcohol anymore, this was the same thing. I had to use a lot of water (16 ounces) to dilute the flavor and chug. It was kind of rough for the three-four weeks after getting sick.

Mixability 9/10: Mixed fine; a tiny bit of settling at the bottom, but not much foam to speak of.

Dosing 10/10: Standard pre-workout directions. States to mix one scoop with six to eight ounces of water 30 minutes before exercise. For advanced users, mix two scoops. Do not exceed two scoops in a day.

Appears the price is coming down some on this product. Suppz.com has this for $39.99 plus shipping (free if you spend $59). You are looking at $1 per scoop for a lot in here. If you can get by with 1-1.5 scoops, you are looking at a good value. Even at $2 a serving (two scoops) for this would still be a pretty good value.

Side Effects

If you do not assess your tolerance you could end up with a bad time like I did. Could have been a freak thing, but I do not know. I think there was just too many stimulants in here for me.

Conclusion

Eventually, I thought this was a pretty good pre. I do not think it was one of my favorites, but if you are looking for a pre-workout that packs a punch so to speak, I think you should give this one a go. I would just suggest for beginners to assess your tolerance if you would like to try it out. Definitely do not suggest to jump right into two scoops.