(Better than 18% in Other Energy Supplements)

Krampus is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Insane Labz. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

Overall
Overall
5.6
5.2
  July 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Did Not Hydrate
  • Did Not Enhance Endurance

One of the few times Insane Labz has a fully disclosed profile. Cheaply made hydration and endurance enhancer, that did not much of anything for me. It is very cheap, but save your money and buy something that will actually hydrate you.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I like to have a supplement that provides some extra supplements either during or after my workout. Back in the day I used to drink Gatorade, but now I realize you lose some benefits with all the sugar and calories involved. I received Krampus during a New years special for free with another purchase. I have tried a couple other electrolyte supps in the past, so lets see how this one stacks up.

Well, in a rare occurrence Insane Labz actually has a fully disclosed label here. Lets break down each ingredient to see why it was included.

Folate (Folic Acid) 500mcg: This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old, and this is dosed a little high at 500mcg.

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 2mg: Boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. RDA of 2.4mcg and here we have 2mg. The B12 here is the cheaper and lower end version called cyanocobalamin.

Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 200mg: This aids in bone structure. RDA here is 400mg (men 19-30 years), 310mg (women 19-30 years), 420mg (men 31+), and 320mg (women 31+). This is a good addition to your multivitamin.

Chloride (as Sodium Chloride & Potassium Chloride) 360mg: Very important for your blood. Maintains proper blood volume, blood pressure, and pH of your body fluids.

Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 210mg: Helps keep the water (the amount of fluid inside and outside the body's cells) and electrolyte balance of the body. 2300mg is the RDA for sodium, so this nice addition keeps your diet supplemented and does not go overkill.

Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 150mg: Plays a role in many body functions including transmission of nerve signals, muscle contractions, fluid balance, and various chemical reactions. 149 - 298mg is the RDA here.

OXYGOLD (Fulvic Acid) 50mg: This is a key ingredient found in most Insane Labz products. This is there for bio-availability and nutrient uptake. A very informative video on this can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4yryNnuAE. That video will do a much better job than I could.

Overall the profile looks promising. What is missing here that you typically see in electrolyte replenishing supplements are some sore of trace mineral compound. The electrolytes are dosed decently, so you would expect this to work, but as you will see below that is not necessarily the case.

Taste: I got the Santa's Helper flavor. You can church it up any way you want, but its blue raspberry. It was very sweet, tasted okay, but sweeter than I like. Very drinkable though as long as you sipped it, big chugs would cause some issues with the sweetness.

Mixability: I typically used a funnel and mixed this in a 12oz bottle of water. I had no issues mixing it at all with just a few shakes and used a blender bottle on occasion with no residue or anything left over.

Dosing: Directions call for one scoop daily. I dosed this post workout, mid morning, or intra workout.

Electrolyte supplements are real easy to gauge effectiveness because you know when your hydrated or not. You should be taking an extra trip to the bathroom to urinate if this does its job. Well it was a hit or miss for me. When I took this post workout or mid morning, some mornings it would cause me to feel more hydrated, but most mornings it would just be me drinking flavored water. I say about 20% of the time it would hydrate me, the rest I would feel no real change beyond drinking that bottle of water. Intra workout this was just way too sweet for me and would give me some stomach issues while trying to lift due to its sweetness. So that was a no go. This ones a tough one to gauge because it worked sometimes, and not the other times.

Krampus is touted to aid in hydration and endurance. Hydration was a hit or miss as i stated above, but endurance why I do not see how. It just simply did not work in that aspect for me. Any effect I did feel was so minor that it really made no difference to me. Disappointed in this.

I got this as a free gift with purchase, but you can find this for $14.99 for 60 servings at A1 Supplements. That comes out to 25 cents a serving which is insanely cheap. However, I do believe you get what you pay for and I think all the ingredients here are on the cheap end and really did not seem to do much for me, so that kills its value. If this worked like I thought it would this would be a steal, but that is not the case here.

Side Effects

Experiencing nothing at all.

Conclusion

Overall, I felt like I was just drinking blue razz flavored water most days. On the days it did work it would be great, but I never got that cool sensation of feeling hydrated. If it did anything it was so minor it was hardly noticeable. However, if your looking for something to flavor up your water then here you go.
  • Santa's Helper: 5/10

• JayT
    July 18, 2018

My usual go to is Kaged's Hydra Charge. Nothing mind blowing in terms of the profile, but it's a decent price and tastes good in my opinion.

• FRIDGE
    July 19, 2018

Ah a very overhyped brand that loves prop blends - surprising to see this is transparent for a change. Nice review brother

Advertisement: