Limitless is a Pre-Workout manufactured by InnovaPharm. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

pionkej
  June 17, 2017

The goal with my reviews is to use a consistent format that is: to the point, provides context of how I used the product, and references what I'm personally comparing it to (see "Personal Rank" in Conclusion section).

Stats at time of use: 5-10, 185lbs, 16% BF

Routine at time of use: 5 day routine of upper (strength), lower (strength), push (hypertrophy), legs (hypertrophy), pull (hypertrophy)

Supplement: Dose (Primary Purpose) *Special notes if applicable*

Citrulline Malate: 4g (Pump)
Agmatine: 1g (Pump)
NALT: * (Pump)
Beta Alanine: * (Endurance)
Caffeine: * (Energy)
DMHA: * (Energy)
CDP-Choline: * (Focus)
Phenylpiracetam: * (Focus)

*All of these ingredients are part of a proprietary blend. Total dose of all ingredients is 1.9g

The prop blend makes it impossible to say that everything is clinically dosed. However, comparing the cost, performance, and ingredients used it doesn't appear this is a case of "pixie dusting" as a money grab.

Flavor: Cotton Candy

Taste: Taste was quite good, but reminded me more of a tropical punch than cotton candy. Smell was just like cotton candy though.

Mixability: Very good mixability. A slight bit of foaming and no clumps or settling.

Dosing: Label recommends mixing with 8-10oz of water. I found mixing 10oz worked best. 8oz was a bit too tart. More than 10oz tasted watered down and lost the flavor.

Energy/Strength: 4/5

My energy on this supplement was good. I don't know the actual amount of energy-based ingredients because the prop blend. But performance was good.

Focus/Mood: 2.5/5

I had a hard time scoring this part. Phenylpiracetam is a nootropic, can greatly enhance focus, and I'd imagine it's a large reason this PWO is named Limitless (think Bradley Cooper movie). For me, it actually worked too well. I praised Kraken because its ingredient profile gave me "tunnel vision". The only way I can describe Limitless is I become "hyper aware". It provides an excellent mind-muscle connection, but small things going on inside the gym also catch my attention and distract me.

I don't personally care for the focus of this product because of the "side effects". However, I also think my comments aren't something that shouldn't keep you from trying it. Nootropics seem to be highly individual and others may have MUCH better experiences than I did.

Endurance: 3.5/5

Not a lot of ingredients targeting endurance. I never noticed my performance dropping while lifting, but I never felt a significant boost in performance either.

Pump/Vascularity: (4/5)

As I get more into using pump products, I find some make your muscles feel fuller and some make your muscles feel so full its uncomfortable/painful (I'm assuming that's the "Skin splitting" in PWO advertising). Limitless gave me the former full feeling. Workouts with this PWO were never painful. Some people like the pain. I personally prefer to get right to the edge of uncomfortable and here I got close without going over.

Cost at time of purchase: $42.99 ($1.43)*

*I bought this with a 40% off discount being applied so my cost was less than going rate listed above.

I've found most PWO's that are actually effective land between $1 and $2 per serving. This falls right in the middle. While the cost isn't low, I feel the value solid.

Side Effects

Jittery/nervousness: None
GI: None
Crash: None
Tolerance buildup: None*

* You WILL develop a tolerance with phenylpiracetam. I never took this more than twice a week to avoid developing one.

Conclusion

Sparta Nutrition's Kraken is my current benchmark. Limitless is very good but it is not my favorite. This could have been my favorite had I responded better to the focus ingredients. I've already mentioned nootropics are individualistic and so I do encourage people on the fence to try this if you haven't yet. It has the potential to be a game changer for people.

Personal PWO Rank:

-Sparta Nutrition-Kraken
-Vein Nutrition-Rupture
-Giant Sport-Giant Pump + Giant Rush
-Innovapharm-Limitless
-Performax Labs-Hypermax XT
-Benchmark*
-Jacked Factory-Altius
*Benchmark is my homemade PWO: ECA stack + creatine, beta alanine, vanilla protein, orange gatorade
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Too Much Focus
  • Cotton Candy: 8/10

• bctuthill
    TROOPer Level: 40
    5 days ago

I really like what you did there with the sides & personal ranks... nice review