Compete has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > Recovery

Compete Reviews

By: iforce

Amino Acids > Recovery
Compete is a Recovery Product manufactured by iforce. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Compete has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Amino Acids > Recovery

Overall
Overall
5.5
  March 12, 2017

• Decent Recovery
  • No Side Effects
  • Endurance Was Meh
  • No Focus

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a Intra workout product, i saw the reviews and i decided to try this.

First the good news 2 grams of Carnitine is solid dose to help you with fat and providing you with energy. Now for the bad news Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix is severely underdosed considering the fact that the acute usage of rhodiola for fatigue and anti-stress has been noted to be taken in the 288-680mg range in researches. Also 300mg of Electrolytes won't help you a lot even if you use 2 scoops. Let's move on Anti-Catabolic Matrix, i think that BCAA's help me the most with recovery and endurance compared to other amino acids so i don't like the fact that there is no aminogram for Whey Protein Hydrolysate (you don't know how much quantity of each amino acid it contains). From my other experiences with Whey Hydrolysates (with aminogram) usually 26 grams of it contain about 7 grams of BCAA's so 2.5 grams contain about 700mg. Even if you use the most optimistic scenario and the effectiveness of BCAA's on whey hydrolysate are double than alone you still get 1.4 gram of them per serving which is very low for me.

Athletic Enhancement Matrix:
Two forms of L-Carnitine (L-Tartrate + Fumarate) (2000 mg): L-carnitine is a naturally occurring amino acid derivative that's often taken as a weight loss supplement. It plays a crucial role in the production of energy by transporting fatty acids into your cells' mitochondria, the mitochondria act as engines within your cells, burning these fats to create usable energy.
P.s : For your body to produce it in sufficient amounts, you also need plenty of vitamin C and that's the reason Compete contains 50mg of Vitamin C.

Endurance Enhancement Matrix:
Citrulline Malate (500 mg): By accelerating ammonia clearance, supplemental citrulline postpones the inevitable decrease in muscle pH that happens during intense exertion. As pH drops, the muscle becomes more acidic, and fatigue rapidly sets in.

Anti-Catabolic Matrix:
Whey Protein Hydrolysate (2500 mg): Contains Whey Protein Hydrolysate which in theory is more absorbable than other forms of protein. Hydrolysates have been partially broken down by exposing the protein to heat, acid or enzymes that break apart the bonds linking amino acids. This makes it taste more bitter, (probably that's why the taste is a bit bitter) but also allows it to absorb more rapidly than a concentrate or isolate.

Performance Enhancing Electrolyte Matrix:
Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Aspartate, Calcium Aspartate (300 mg): All these ingredients are minerals which dissolve in water and form electrically charged electrolytes particles called ions. Maintaining the correct concentrations of these ions in and outside cells in the body is essential for transmitting electrical impulses along nerves and for muscle contraction. They allow us to perform all the functions such as moving, walking and they mostly help with the heat inside the gym.

Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix:
Rhodiola Rosea Extract (root), CDP-Choline (100 mg): It will help you mostly with improving your mood. Rhodiola rosea extract may improve anxiety, stress and mood.

I had the Fruit Punch Slam flavor. Good flavor, no chemical but a bit bitter (due to Whey Protein Hydrolysate).
The powder disappeared almost instantly with no clumps or grittiness. Only downside is the slight foamness on the top nothing important at all.
Dosing was one scoop for 4 days then i increased to 2 scoops for 20 days because one scoop did nothing to me. So i will review for 2 scoops dosage.

It helped me very slightly with endurance, i could feel a bit less tired (almost the same as without it) between sets but nothing significant at all. Mental edge was non-existent i could not feel more focused. What i really missed was the hydration aspect, it didn't helped me at all with heat (doing lots of cardio recently so i would like some help there). I did notice less cramping after workouts, so it did not completely fail. Pretty much the only thing I can say was good about it. After stand alone using this, i currently use Xtend as intra workout and i take this after 3-4 hours of working out just to spend the last servings and it helps somewhat as enchanting recovery product.

I bought this 22 Euros (23.48 Dollars) for 30 servings . For one scoop it's ok value but if you use 2 scoops like me the price highrockets (1.46 Euros per serving).

Side Effects

Nothing at all.

Conclusion

Recovery was decent, Endurance and Hydration were meh and Focus was not there at all. For my point of view there are better and cheaper intra workout out there to help with your workout.
  • Fruit Punch Slam: 8/10

February 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Fat Buster
  • Hangover Killer
  • Dyes May Be An Issue For Some People
  • Did Not Help With The Heat

Hello, I would like to review this product myself even though it already got a lot of reviews. This is one of the first products I bought based on the reviews I have read before me using this site. A little about me, I am a 39 old male who has been doing strength training for around 3 years straight. I have played soccer most of my life so pain and DOMS are nothing new to me which is why I wanted to try this product out.

A quick note about this product is that it's more of a Intra-workout than recovery in my humble opinion. Two important reasons why ... Carnitine and Electrolytes which I will go over in detail later on.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1g

Simply put used by the body to provide more energy. What I personally like about this supplement that it helps your body get to the fat easier ... and trust me I have plenty of it.

L-Carnitine Fumarate 1g

I actually had to dig on this ... and this is what I found "tartrate tends to lean more towards hormonal support (testosterone levels) during resistance exercise, while fumarate lends more to cardiovascular support." Now this could be bro science but that's the best I can do for now.

Bottom line ... 2 grams which is the recommended standard dose of Carnitine will provide energy and help you burn fat, Yay!

Citrulline Malate 500mg

Not sure what this is supposed to do for you at such low dosage ... It's primarily used as a NO supplement to help you with pumps. The minimum dosage is 6 grams so that is really below par ... but than again they might know something we don't.

Anti-Catabolic Matrix:
Whey protein hydrolysate 2.5 grams - comprised of:, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs): L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Essential Amino Acids (EAAs): L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, Amino Acids: L-Alanine, L-Arginine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Tyrosine

Nice addition of extra protein to help you just in case you are running low and you don't want your muscled to "eat" itself. Hydrolysate protein can be absorbed more rapidly so you can get it quick even when you in the middle of your workout.

Performance Enhancing Electrolyte Matrix:
Sodium Phosphate 115mg, Potassium Phosphate 85mg, Magnesium Aspartate 50mg, Calcium Aspartate 50mg

Electrolytes helps your body get the water that it so desperately needs while working out, almost identical to a bottle of Gatorade.

Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix:
Rhodiola Rosea Extract and Vinpocetine

Rhodiola is a "adaptogen" to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. Vinpocetine supposedly helps with getting blood to your brain ...

Natural Energy/Antioxidant Matrix:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 50mg and Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 250 mcg

Vitamins, who can say no? If your body does not need them well out the yellow drain it goes ...

This is where the product really shines. I have bought the tangy tangerine flavor and it tastes excellent. I'm going to miss it now that I am done with the product. I am in the process of trying other BCAA since I'm new to this scene but I always looked for Compete on the days I was going to play soccer.

I like this product a lot and how it helps me stay energized to do legs and cardio. This product will make you sweat a little bit more I'm thinking because of Carnitine, so be aware. I perosnally don't mind it since we all sweat at the gym, and for me it's even better because at least I know i'm doing something right. I sincerely hope that some of that sweat is carrying my fat away from my body. The is a great intra-workout product and I'm glad I have found it here and listened to my peers that mentioned it before me. This really has almost everything you would need while you are working out ... great taste, electrolytes and energry to burn that fat and help you gain that muscle.

I bought the 300 grams 50 serving tube for 37$ which is not cheap. It's not the most expensive either. I do love the fact that i get so much out of it and it's not just BCAA. I think if you just look at the price than yes you will find something cheaper out there ... but if you want to look at value than this product might actually stand out ...

Side Effects

You will sweat ... but that is about all the negative things I can say about the product.

Conclusion

Honestly I landed on this site because I was looking for something that will help me out while working out and prevent the sourness I usually get afterwards. I read most of the reviews before I purchased it and wondered if the hype is true. Honestly it is ... at least for me ... So I'm going to be a lemming and follow the crowd .... no shame in that if the product does what most said it will ... Honestly I'm also relieved that most of the reviews were true and honest ... and now I'm a believer myself.

The end :P
  • Tangy Tangerine: 10/10

Overall
Overall
6.7
  February 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Increase In Endurance
  • Decent Recovery
  • Good Pump
  • Anxiety
  • Bad Mood
  • Expensive If You Use Two Scoops

This is my second review for a product. I was looking for a intra workout without glycerol. I saw the reviews and i decided to give it a try.

---Ingredient Profile---- 9/10
Solid profile. I really like it.

The Athletic Enhancement Matrix:
Uses amino acids L-Carnitine Fumarate and L-Tartrate to increase athletic endurance by increasing our ATP stores for lasting cellular energy.
The Anti-Catabolic Matrix:
Contains Whey Protein Hydrolysate which is an easily absorbed form of protein, great for intra-workout use.
It prevents the breakdown of your muscles and increases the rate of repair, so you can remain in your peak form throughout your workout.
The Performance Enhancing Elyctrolyte Matrix:
Contains Sodium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate, and Calcium Aspartate to keep your body hydrated and running smoothly.
The Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix:
Uses Rhodiola Rosea to help you remain calm and relaxed even while under the physical stress caused by your workout and Vinpocetine to improve focus, concentration, and memory.
The Natural Energy/Antioxidant Matrix:
Includes Vitamin C as an antioxidant to protect cell health and Vitamin B12 to provide an energy boost.

Taste (8.5/10):
Fruit punch: Pretty good taste not too much sweetness.

Mixability (9/10):
I dropped a scoop into my shaker and shook. The powder disappeared very fast. No clumps or grittiness. The only downside is the slight foaminess on top.

Dosing (7/10):
One scoop did not worked for me so i increased to two scoops.

7.5/10

Endurance and Recovery (7/10):
I had an extra boost in endurance and i had slightly better recovery times . I generally felt less fatigued physically as compared to before.
The main downside in endurance for me is that didn't helped me at all with the heat. Usually i workout under 18-22 degrees Celsius temperature which is pretty low and i was feeling the heat almost the same as without Compete. If it doesn't help me with that low temperature will it help me with 27-35 Celsius temperature in the spring/summer? I don't think so.

Focus (5/10):
The "mental stimulation" matrix did not worked for me. Personally I did not notice any sort of increase in focus or concentration while on Compete.
I was rather distracted watching the clock all the time.

Pump (8.5/10):
I bought this product mostly for endurance and recovery but it helped me with pumps. Compete gave some decent pumps and a good increase in vascularity. The muscle groups that I was training during each specific workout felt significantly fuller and more pumped. I could feel the pumps and see the veins popping more than usual. The pumps were not the type where your skin feels like it is going to rip, but the type that you could feel the dams broke and blood was flowing which is ok for me.

I found this product 35 Euros (37.36 Dollars) for 50 servings (0.70 Euro per serving). If you use one scoop it is a pretty good price but if you need 2 scoops like me it is pretty expensive (1.40 Euro per serving).

Side Effects (3/10):
I was suffering for 5 years during my teenage years from anxiety and depression. The last 2 years i am fine no problems at all.
During my workout i felt really horrible. A lot of anxiety and i was quite in a bad mood...
If you have a history with anxiety and depression avoid this.

Conclusion

6.7/10

Pretty solid product and but it didn't worked for me a lot in terms of endurance and the side effects were disturbing...

Overall
Overall
9.5
  June 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Great Vlaue
  • Not A Preworkout As Listed On This Site (IMHO)

This is my third review for a product on here. When I started this thing I was trying to get in shape and stronger. I also didn't want to feel as old as I am as I recovered. It was important for me to find a few supplements that helped get me to the gym (PumpedRaw) and then help me not regret it (Compete) once I got there...

I used this website as a tool to find the good stuff, or at least what ya'll think is the good stuff, so I didn't have to go through the bad!

So I don't know much about much but I do think I know if I am taking a PWO it better have a pretty good dose of kick me in the a$$ (read: caffeine). Compete doesn't have that - but it does have an interesting profile. One of the ingredients I did some research on was Rhodiola - which apparently helps muscle recovery through the increase of enzymes and stimulates muscle protein synthesis. It also helps deal with stress... Sounded sweet...

Others have talked about the kicka$$ amino acid mix on here already and the addition of the whey protein stuff is great too...

The addition of the electrolytes was pretty terrific as well.

It mixed pretty good but I did find that if I let it set in the fridge overnight or for anything longer than an hour it would settle out some. No big deal though - shake it and it was good to go... The taste was terrific. I had the lemon drop and it was good. I would mix it in a water bottle (16.9 fl oz) and take it to the gym. It comes with a scooper so no measuring worries there...

I would take it as my intra-workout drink. It really seemed to serve its purpose there....

9.5/10
I think this stuff really worked for me and it was evident when I DIDN'T take it more than when I did. I do some pretty intense 60 minute tabata/HIIT type cardio work 2-3 times a week. On one day I forgot my compete at the house and figured no biggie - just grab the bottle of water and rock on. Typically, I can find that extra push in those 60 minute workouts and I cant remember looking at the clock once over the last month - the whole time I was just focused on what was next. On this day; however, I was more focused on when it was over than what was next. I was dragging and at the 25 minute mark I was wondering what the hell was the difference...

Could it be psychological - absolutely. But I am not so sure. My muscles were more sore after that workout than they were in others when I wasn't in as good a shape - and I felt a difference... While using this supplement, it was as if I could find that extra gear in workouts - that was a pretty sweet feeling. And it wasn't just while I was actually working, it was right after I would finish the set, everyone else in the group is huffing and puffing and I was asking what was next. Made me feel pretty good...

9.0/10
I think this stuff is extremely well valued. Following the dosing per the tub and finding a decent deal like BB.com is running right now you can get this for about $0.55 a serving.

Side Effects

No side effects...

Conclusion

Overall solid product. This is a pretty great intra in my opinion - ... I don't think that you can find a better value for your dollar... If you are looking for that extra push to get you to the next level give this stuff a try....

Overall
Overall
9.5
  March 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Slight Foaminess When Mixing

Hey guys, Today I am going to take a little break from reviewing PWO that I have used in the past and will try to bring you an unbiased review on product, which in my opinion, is quite unique and stands out from the "common" BCAA/Amino based intra-workout supplements. It is iForces intra-workout COMPETE.

Ingredient Profile - 9/10

This was the part, where I wasnt quite sure, if Compete could deliver what promises. It is a very unique and unconventional supplement in the intra-workout world. I also have to mention that I like the transparency and full disclosure of each ingredient listed. According to nutritional info panel, Compete is a combination of:

Whey protein hydrolysate - 2,5g
2 types of L-Carnitine - 1g of Tartrate and 1g of Fumarate
Citrulline Malate - 500mg
Electrolytes - 300mg
Rhodiola + Vinpocetine - 100mg
Vitamins - C + B12 (as usual in iForces products)

These ingredients should obviously help you to perform better, enhance your training abilities and prolong your work-outs. What I like about the formula is that it doesnt contains any stims, which make Compete very versatile and could be mixed with any type of PWO.

Taste - 10/10 - Tangy Tangarine was really delicious. Guys from iForce really dont mess around with the flavours. Hemavol is delicious and Compete is also at the same level. No complains here

Mixability - 9/10 - Compete mixes just fine. It has some little foam at the top, probably from WPH, but nothing serious. There were no sinkers, no floaties or any undissolved "sand" at the bottom. The ingredients dissolved just fine, without any problems.

Dosing - I usually took 1 scoop with my PWO (most of the time with NaNo Vapor or Conquer from iForce, depending on how I felt) and 1 scoop separately as my intra

Effectiveness - 9,5/10 - You all know, that when it comes to effectiveness, intra-workout supplements are quite hard to judge. If you are used to drink your BCAA/Amino durind your workouts, you barely even notice some big difference between most of them. However, you will realize their effectiveness on those days, when you are sipping pure water intra-workout, instead of them. That beeing said, Compete was my first "BCAA-free" intra workout supplement. Although it contains WPH, where BCAAs and all other Aminos naturraly occure, but its only 2.5 grams. I was used to mix at least 5g of BCAAs to my PWO, other 5g drink as an intra, and other 5-10g add to my post-workout shake. Another thing was the addition of one of my favorite ingredient - Citrulline Malate at 500mg per scoop, which is severally underdosed and dont do a lot in terms of pump and performance aspects. Based on that, I was quite skeptical about the effectiveness of Compete. Thankfully I was wrong. As I noticed later, when I was trying to figure out, how the hell this product could gave me so much energy in the gym, I realized that the main reason was probably the unique combination of those 2 types of L-Carnitine, peptides from WPH and of course electrolytes (which I had never use before). I definitelly felt more hydrated and energized, which are the 2 most important things for me during work-out. I would say that Compete is best to use for those high-intensive, high-rep superset types of training sessions. The funny thing about Compete was that somethimes, when I was moving from one superset to another across the gym, I felt like somebody is kicking me to my ass to move quicker :) This stuff just didnt let me take a break in the gym. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt "jittery-sweating" type of energy. Its more like a some kind of "dedicated-type" of feeling, which constantly push you further and further without the need of sitting and trying to rest a bit. The only intra-workout supplement, which I used and which has quite similar efects on my performance in the gym, is AmiNO Flow from ME, which I am currently using and will post a review when I finish the tub.

Value - 10/10 - We all know that almost all iForces products, if you dont buy them on special deal or sale, are not cheap. However, I was lucky enough, because I get my Compete for free as a part of the Conquer+Compete stack (payed for Conquer and received whole tub of Compete for free :). So for me, it was definitelly a good bargain. The only downside of this stack was that Conquer did not fullfil my expectations (and also tasted bad) and didnt permorm as well as Compete did.

Side Effects - No problems here, everything was just fine.

Conclusion - I definitelly recommend this product to everyone who wants to increase his performance, not only in the gym, but also in various types of sport and physical activities. There are two things I really regret concerning Compete. The first one is the fact that I only had 1 tub of it, because when I tried to order another, it was allready out of stock :( The second thing I regret is that I didnt stack Compete with Hemavol, because "the king of pumps" was at "clearance status" before I purchased Conquer-Compete stack and at that time it was allready sold out. I just wonder how it would be to stack them both together intra-workout....I guess it would be one hell of a ride :)

September 9, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Bigger Container Needed
  • Dyes May Be An Issue For Some People
Like some other guys on this site, I am a pretty big fan of intra workout supplementation as I feel that some BCAA/EAA based products help give me the extra boost of strength and recovery during and in between sets. Right up to this point I've tried about 15 or so intra-workouts including: Scivation Xtend (New and Old Formula), Axis Labs N'Gage, USP Labs MBCAA, and CL Purple Wraath. With MBCAA and Purple Wraath being what I would consider the two best, that is until now.

Content: N/A
iForce Compete brings some of the typical things you see in most intras like BCAAS/EAAS from Whey Hydrolysate, some various Electrolytes, and Antioxidants . Along with several ingredients that most other companies have nothing at all similar to in the products they offer. Such as 1 gram each of Carnipure (L-Carnitine L-Tartate) and L-Carnitine Fumarate (A newer form of L-Carnitine that includes all of the regular benefits plus supposed increased ATP production). Compete also contains 500 mg of Citrulline Malate to help increase muscular endurance along with providing a better "pump".

The only other product I've seen that is similar to Compete is Purple PysKO by Controlled Labs. That contains 4 grams of Whey Hydrolysate, 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, and 1.5 grams of Citrulline Malate. So there is some distinct trade-off between the two as you can clearly see in the dosage differences of the Whey Hydrolysate and Citrulline Malate. Purple PysKO does however not contain any L-Carnitine or Antioxidants.

Dosing/Mixability: 8/10
On the tub it says to mix 1-2 to scoops of Compete with 10-20 ounces of water depending on taste preference and to sip on it while working out. For about the first half of my first tub, I followed this dosage protocol with just mixing 1 scoop in a typical Dasani water bottle. After that I bumped it up to 2 scoops. And then finally, I began mixing 2 scoops in my 2 liter water jug and sipping it during my workouts and through the remainder of the day. On off days I would just mix 1 scoop in a glass and drink it first thing in the morning.

Compete does dissolve completely and doesn't leave any powder or residue anywhere on the container. But it will cause a lot of foam to group at the top depending on how many scoops you use. This can be a little annoying but does typically go away with some extra stirring or addition of more liquid.

Effectiveness: 9.5/10
The biggest thing that I noticed about Compete was the extra boost in endurance and better recovery times. With my routine, I mostly superset everything for each muscle group and usually try to take anywhere from 30-60 seconds of rest in between sets. While taking Compete my recovery times were usually right around 30 seconds and I generally felt less fatigued both mentally and physically as compared to before. This general boost of recovery also continued on unto the next day as I was less sore as was I before starting and finishing Compete. Even though my diet and post-workout supplementation basically stayed the same during and after the whole time I went through the two tubs.

Another thing that I would like to mention about Compete is the boost in hydration. Living in the south where the humidity and heat can both hit 90+, I sweat a lot and am always having to chug water. This is especially true during the later spring, summer, and early fall times. While on Compete, I was stilling sweating just about the same but didn't feel the need to drink nearly as much as water all at once as compared to normally.

Taste: 10/10
Both my tubs were the "Fruit Punch Slam" flavor and it is incredible. At first I thought it was a little too bland for my tastes but eventually really grew on me. I've also used a couple scoops of the "Lemon Drop" flavor via my buddy, which is equally fantastic. Both flavors do however contain some pretty strong coloring dyes, which may or not be an issue for some people. But I however did not experience any kind of stomach or weird colored pee issues while using Compete.

A single tub of Compete will run you about 30$ online. With each tub providing 25-50 servings depending on how you dose it. Still this might be a little steep for people who are not big fans of intra-workout products and would rather spend that kind of cash on other staple supplements. However, considering how well I responded to Compete, I consider dropping 30$ for a tub a pretty good investment.

In all honesty Compete made me reevaluate what I should expect out of an intra. I highly recommend it to anyone looking into taking an intra for the first time. Or to anyone that is looking for a new one to try. Enough said.

August 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Bigger Container Needed
Hey this is Hussar again. I've already reviewed Betancourt Nutrition's Pure Amino, and now it's time to take a look at iForce Nutrition's Compete. I've gone through both containers but sadly I wasn't able to post reviews until now, so I'm posting them in quick succession.

Goals:
I was finishing up my container of Pure Amino when a rep from iForce came to my Vitamin Shoppe to talk shop and show us some of their products. Truthfully, I didn't know much about iForce since they're a smaller company and none of their products really stood out to me.
After some samplings and a good presentation I decided this product was worth a shot, especially since I need everything I can get to push through the workout routines I've been doing lately. It's been a mix of crossfit-inspired workouts that I need to complete for an internship (so power/endurance training) along with my usual powerlifting/bodybuilding routines. I've even had some bodyweight workouts as well for when I can't make it to the gym.
My goals currently are to bulk up and to gain my strength back from my summer hiatus from lifting. The workouts I mentioned above have been grueling and leave my body utterly fried and sore. Now that we've established the problem, let's see if Compete is worth its weight in powder.

Profile/Dosing: 9/10

Rhodiola Rosea Extract, Vinpocetine

Natural Energy/Antioxidant Matrix
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 50mg 83%
Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin) 250mcg 4167%

Looking at this profile now, I can't believe I passed this product up before. There's no prop blends to muddle people's expectations, there's B vitamins for natural energy, adaptogens for the stress associated with lifting, Vinpocetine for focus, and whey hydrolysate-sourced aminos. Even the blend of amino acids is diverse and unique in comparison to most products, so it's shaping up to be an excellent product. The only possible addition I could think of would be maybe something like glycerol, but who am I to judge.

Taste: 9/10
I bought a container of Fruit Punch, but I asked the iForce rep to give me samples of the other flavors for this review. Lemon Drop isn't bad, I do wish it had a bit of a fuller flavor. It has a sort of fake, generic lemon lime taste. Tangerine was very tasty though; it's thirst-quenching, full in flavor, and no nasty amino aftertaste. As for Fruit Punch, I was glad I decided to try it. It reminds me of a lighter version of Hawaiian Punch, since it's sweet but not sickeningly so, goes down easy, and leaves me wanting to drink more of it. Fact: this just doesn't happen with me. I usually gag with pre-workouts and any fruit flavored supplements seem to hate me. I'm really glad to say that this wasn't the case here; if nothing else, this product stands out among all others in terms of taste.
The one minor downside to the taste was the foam. There isn't much, but it's a bit sticky and so you might find yourself licking your lips a bit to get it off. This mainly happened right when I first mixed it and just some light circular shakes and the problem solved itself.

Mixability: 9/10
Most amino products don't require a lot of work to mix up, but this one was super easy. Just a couple easy shakes and the whole product is blended well. Like I mentioned, there's a bit of foam, but nothing major and the product doesn't separate pretty much at all, even if you leave it lying around for a few sets.

Efficacy: 8/10
I'll break this down based on the different aspects of my workout so people will know how they will likely respond if they bought it.
Pre-workout-
I mixed the amount of water for Compete (10-20 oz. cold water) with a scoop of my pre workout and took it prior to my routine. I didn't feel quite so fatigued from my first few sets, and adding this to pre-workouts like C4 is easy as long as the flavor is the same.
Intra-
This is where the product really shines. No matter what I was doing, from circuits to heavy squats and deads, this never bothered my stomach. Some of the more endurance-based workouts I do make me feel like I'm going to cramp up. Compete was able to stave off the tightness in my muscles and allowed me to push myself further to a noticeable degree. I especially noticed that I didn't sweat nearly as much and my pumps were slightly improved.
Post Workout-
After maxing out a few times the past month and undergoing a new series of routines that my body wasn't at all ready for, I felt pretty beat up. My quads were on the verge of cramping afterwards and DMOS ran rampant. By taking two scoops of Compete after my lifts I managed to reduce the soreness enough to keep going at full steam, sometimes squatting twice a week or doing kettlebell work multiple times a week.

I'm not very rich, and a student, so money matters. I bought this because for 30 bones I got 50 servings, and boy did it pay off. Considering the fact that it tastes fantastic and actually gives me results at 1 scoop, I'd say I got way more than my money's worth and I will certainly come back to give this product another go. That being said, I do wish the scoop was bigger so we could get more out of this. Other products like Amino X use a larger scoop to give us more BCAAs, which is great (too bad they lower the servings by comparison). I can't really fault iForce though, they've really come out with a product for the everyman, not just the Equinox-going CEO.

I really don't have very much to critique or improvements to suggest. It's a solid amino product with a good profile, lots of servings, for a (gasp) reasonable price. For a smaller company like iForce, this is exactly the kind of product they need to win over consumers like myself and much of SR. To them I say good job and keep up the good work, I'm excited to see what else they've got coming down the pipe!

May 8, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Awesome Just Awesome
  • Kanye West Approves
  • Bigger Container
WOW. Every once and a while you get tired of buying supplements because It seems that all of them nowadays are hyped up. Almost to the point of annoyance. I've seen multiple awesome reviews on Compete. So I said screw it.

LETS GET IT YA BISH (Back off War Machine)

Taste: 10/10

I purchased the Lemon Drop flavor and it was just outstanding. I like supplements that taste sweet and this really hit the spot. I mixed 1 1/2 scoops intra workout with 16oz of water. I never got tired of drinking this. Just phenomenal taste. Something you really look forward to drinking every workout no matter what your training.

Mix-ability: 8/10

Really good mix-ability here for Compete. Only problem was around the 6-8oz mark the powder didn't entirely dissolve all the time. So I was consistently chewing powder. Not a huge deal, all you have to do is shake it up a little bit more. But still, just stating my experience.

NOW IMA LET YOU FINISH. BUT COMPETE IS THE BEST INTRA-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT OF ALL TIME YALL!

All jokes aside, this stuff is fantastic. When i initially saw the ingredients. I didn't think this would perform that well to be honest. I almost was just expecting a good tasting supp with par results while i drank it. Nope. I was wrong. The inclusion of Protein, citrulline, multiple vitamins, 2 forms of L-Carnitine, and the inclusion of a "mental" edge matrix, really set this apart from other intra's. I usually just sip on BCAA's and Glutamine. But on days that i took this i felt recovery was much better. Better mental focus, better endurance, etc.

Once again, of course the taste doesn't gauge effectiveness, but it was nice having a product that was enjoyable to drink and gave great results with it.

The average price on this is 29.99 for 50 servings. I picked this up for 23.99 on BB.com and I think even at 29.99 is a very fair price for this product. Most intra workouts cost you almost a dollar or more a workout. This actually (if only taking 1 scoop) could cost you around .60 cents a serving. Which is a great deal.

It's really hard for me to give out such high ratings, but when a supplement of this caliber comes into play and does compete well (see what i did there?) It's hard not to. I think everyone should give this a shot. You won't regret the workouts and you WILL NOT regret drinking this. If I was rich I'd drink this everyday of the week multiple times.

Thanks for your time bro's.

P.S. Expect a log of a few products next week after finals. :)

February 16, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Slight Foaminess When Mixing
I was first turned on to this product by logs Petey & Cray ran, featuring Compete along with some other iForce products (I think Hemavol). Some other ERs tried this as well, & most (if not all of them) liked Compete well enough. I'm big on intra-workout supplementation, so I decided to give this a try. I was looking for alternatives anyways, & it just so happened Nutraplanet.com had a very sweet deal going on. I guess the decision practically made itself.

PROFILE: A

For me, the ideal intra-workout drink should contain the following:
BCAAs
Electrolytes
Carbohydrates
These are the things I've had good success with, so in general they're what I look for. Compete pretty much covers the bases, save for carbohydrates (That's not a big deal for me anyhow, since a thing of Gatorade or Carbofroce is around $1-$2). Compete has a few amino acids that have a good track record, some whey hydrolysate, some B-Vitamins, & a good amount of electrolytes.

Good enough for me.

TASTE: A+

I've been through two flavors, "Tangy Tangerine" & "Lemon Drop." I didn't know which flavor to go with at first, so Chichistrong recommended the tangerine. Alright, I like tangerines. He raved about it, so I figured why not. At first it was alright, but as the more I used it the more it grew on me. I actually kind of miss to be honest, it was definitely a different flavor than what I normally get (berry or lemon flavors). It reminded me of Tang quite a bit, actually. "Lemon Drop" tastes pretty much like your standard lemon/lemon-lime drink. It was nothing new to me.

One scoop yielded a good taste, nothing too strong but noticeable. Two scoops were awesome, & the less water I used the stronger the taste (naturally). I'm fan of strong flavors (that taste good), so I didn't mind getting hit with a strong lemon taste.

MIXABILITY: A

The mixability is great, but it foams up pretty good. You needed to give it a good, strong shake to get it to dissolve completely, but it wasn't anything beyond what I would consider normal. The foam was never an issue; it just would overflow sometimes if I filled the bottle up too much with water.

EFFECTIVENESS: A+

Ultimately, all I care that an intra-workout does is decrease recovery time during a workout & help boost output. Compete does those things, & provided some pretty good pumps when I decided to push the volume.

At one scoop the pumps weren't so great, but workout performance was impacted in a positive way. In all honesty, you could get away with only one scoop if you're not a "pump lifter." As I look back, there were more than a few workouts where I should've just used one scoop.

Two scoops yielded the best results, but not by a whole lot. Workout performance was better than at one scoop, but as I said the difference wasn't an OMG difference. Just noticeable is all. The pumps were oodles better at two scoops though. I'm talking "skin bursting & make you want to cry" pumps. However, big pumps aren't absolutely necessary in my opinion. When the chickies around though, well that's a different story.

All said & done, Compete did real well for me. It gave me increased performance, better endurance, shorter recovery times, & convenient pumps when I decided to push the volume.

VALUE: B+

Compete seems to range from $30-$35 in price, depending on where you go. One tube yields 50 one scoop servings, which is a damn good deal given you're not working out every day. That's more than two month's worth of a good intra-workout. However, I'm pretty sure most would double-up & use two scoops. At that rate, the value dips some. It's still a good price, though, it's just the value isn't as good when you're pounding two scoops each workout. The best approach would be to pick the workouts where you need that extra "oomph", & double-up then.

Still, I didn't mind paying $30 for Compete on two separate occasions.

OVERALL: A

I really liked Compete, & it's probably my favorite intra-workout right now. I still have a soft spot for Modern BCAA, but seeing as how they're two different products Compete finds its way to the top of my list. In all likelihood, I would probably stack the two. I have no problems recommending Compete.

February 12, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Versatile
  • Slight Foaminess When Mixing
Ok,so once again thanks to Vaughn and iforce for the chance to run hemavol and compete together.I had 1 tub of lemon drop compete.I was instructed to take it 1 scoop with hemavol 30min pre workout on empty stomach,and 1 scoop intra workout and did so the whole tub.Heres my thoughts.

Taste/mixability:
It tasted good,exactly the same as hemavol lemon drop actually.There were no particles or residue what so ever in my shaker,although it did foam a good bit,but this didnt bother me and I would think is from the Whey protein hydrolysate.

Dosing:
About as easy as it gets,1 scoop 30min pre,and 1 scoop intra workout.I did find the taste to be a bit sweet for me while drinking intra so I just added water every few drinks or threw it in my gallon jug of water about half full.

Profile:
I was very intrigued when I saw the profile of compete.Very solid imo and had a lot of extra goodies aside from the normal BCAA and intra workouts we see.I was excited to see the whey protein hydrolysate the most,also the L-carnitine and Citrulline malate were nice additions.The amounts in this product of the ingredients seemed to be pretty on point for me.

Value:
This can be found at NP for $29.99 for 50 servings.I did use 2 servings a day so it was only 25 servings,but I would still say this is a good value for what you get,I also believe many people could benefit from a single serving daily.

Overall thoughts:
I really enjoyed this product,it was great stacked with hemavol and the stacking options are endless with this product.It is a great intra workout and could be used by weight lifters or someone needing endurance and or recovery enhancements.This was a great product on cardio days as I felt like I would never fatigue.I enjoyed enhanced recovery,and my endurance was great while on this product.It has a very solid profile with nice ingredients and amounts of each to back it up.It also helps a lot in the hydration department.I will say i did not notice the effects of the so called Mental Edge Enhancement Matrix,but a good product none the less.I would recommend this to someone looking into intra products or needing assistance in recovery or endurance.Thanks again for this opportunity.