Organic Protein Reviews

By: IdealRaw

Organic Protein is a Plant Protein Powder manufactured by IdealRaw. It is a common vegan-alternative to dairy and other animal based proteins. It supports lean muscle gain by supplying protein to recovering muscles and can enhance fat loss.

September 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • All-Natural
  • Satisfies Huger
  • Vegan
  • Gritty Texture
  • Needs More Protein Per Scoop
Hello fit fam!! I saw Ideal Raw's Organic Protein and thought "Let me give this a shot." I hadn't had any organic protein before and so I wanted to see if there was that much of a difference from my normal protein. YES there was. I used this protein powder towards the end of my cut. Let me say thank you to Ideal Raw and SR.com for giving us little people opportunities like this. I really appreciate it. Now, lets get down to business.

The protein in this comes from several sources. All are organic, hence the name. Rice, pea, coconut, chia, sunflower, golden flax, and pumpkin. First thing I always look at in a protein powder is the amount of protein I get from each scoop. I like 30-40 g's in any shake I take. That usually requires a scoop and a half for me. Because of this, I usually by 5-10lbs of protein at a time so I don't run out so quick. I noticed this protein powder only gives you 15g's of protein per scoop. That means I was having to put 2-2.5 scoops in my shake each time to get the required amount of protein. This also meant I was ingesting 18-22g's of carbs as well. One thing I noticed that I liked was how there was no cholesterol in the shake. Something that isn't the case with normal proteins. in fact, some can be pretty high in the cholesterol area. 5g's of saturated fat per scoop is a bit much for me as well. If you do the math that would mean 10-12g's of saturated fat with each shake I was drinking. I didn't see that coming.

Taste- I had the chocolate flavor. Not going to church it up here.... It takes some getting used to. I tried it in water and it just didn't do it for me. I added some almond milk and that made it tolerable for me. It's organic. I get it. It's supposed to taste different. I can choke anything down and this was no exception. But be warned.... If you're like me and haven't ever tried organic protein before it may not be exactly what you are looking for in the taste department. I definitely recommend trying a sample first, if you can find one.

Mixability- Grittiness!! not the best protein for mixing. It constantly has to be shaken. I never tried blending it with anything but every shake I had I had to shake it up before every drink. Not sure what caused it to be so gritty but it was.

Dosing- Go with your daily protein needs. I did 2-2.5 scoops each time. I mixed with water and sometimes I would throw almond milk in there.

I noticed there wasn't any bloating from consuming the protein. I still had the normal soreness I have always had after workouts. For that reason, I assume it did the trick. There is a superfruit blend in the protein powder that can DEFINITELY benefit you if you are like me and don't get nearly enough fruits and veggies. This protein also can help you reach your desired protein intake each day while out and about.

Found a deal on their website for $35.99 today. It is $39.99 on Amazon. Either way it is a tad bit more than I would want to pay for something that only gives you 15g's of protein per scoop. That's not a lot when you compare with other protein powders out there. I definitely would have a hard time recommending this to a friend who was wanting to put on a lot of lean muscle. It would be to expensive for someone that is looking to use this to supplement a couple of meals a day with shakes. 2-3 scoops at a time just to get 30-45g's of protein makes this unaffordable in my opinion when you look at it like that. My wife doesn't require the same amount of protein that I do so, for her, it might make more sense.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it seems to be a solid protein for people who aren't looking for a lot of protein in each scoop. Like I said before, I can't use a protein powder if it only gives 15g's of protein per scoop when others give 24+. That amount makes it more expensive for me. The mixability was an issue and I just couldn't get with the taste. I do like the fact that it is a "clean" protein that doesn't cause bloating and has superfoods mixed in it though. Once again, big shoutout to SR.com and Ideal Raw for this opportunity. You guys ROCK! keep up the good work!!
  • Chocolate: 5/10

5.5
  July 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • A Little On The Pricey Side
  • Gritty Texture

Big thank you to Ideal Raw for sending me out their protein to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to increase muscle/strength. I always used this product in the morning with breakfast or shortly after. I used it with milk in a shaker bottle everytime.

Well I'll start off by saying every single ingredient in this product is organic. To me it's not a big deal but to some this may be huge and perfect for you. It breaks down to 130 calories per serving with 5g of fat, 5g of carbs, and 15g of protein. Personally I would've liked to see this have a higher protein amount. In the 20-25 gram range would match most other protein supplements out there currently. The ingredients that make up the protein are: Rice protein, pea protein, coconut protein, chia protein, sunflower protein, Golden Flax protein, and pumpkin protein. Their website says with the blend of protein they use it creates a complete protein which is nice. The flavoring ingredients are coconut milk powder, cocoa, natural flavors, and stevia. What they do add to this protein which is my favorite aspect of it is a super fruit blend. This includes cranberries, pomegranate, broccoli, wheat grass, and beet powder.

The taste I requested and received was mocha. The mocha flavor was actually really really good. It wasn't too coffee like and was balanced nicely by a good natural chocolate or cocoa like flavor. Although the flavor was good the consistency is terrible. No matter how long or hard I shook it up it still came out with a very gritty or dirt like texture to it. It settles very fast and needs to be reshaken before every sip. I am not sure if this is due to the protein blend or superfruit blend. As I said earlier I always used a shaker bottle. This may not be an issue if a blender is used. I feel like dosing is an average size scoop for protein at 28g. There are 30 servings per 1.85 pound tub.

I seen average results during my usage. Nothing mind blowing or crazy. I always used it with breakfast before I lifted so I got a decent easy amount of protein. I noticed some small muscle and strength gains from beginning to end of the tub. Recovery felt about the same, no real change there. It helps with your overall protein intake for the day. What I found most beneficial and effective with this product was the superfruit blend. I personally don't eat nearly enough veggies or fruit so having this added to my morning shake definitely helped my diet. Those were nutrients I was not getting without this supplement.

I found this on the companies website at $40 per tub. To me this is a bit expensive at about $1.33 per serving. There are definitely cheaper protein options out there. If you are strictly an organic water though this may be way more of value to you. Also if you need this superfruit mixture added to your daily intake you may find this of more value.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude I found this to be an ok to average protein supplement with a great addition of a superfruit blend. I do not care when shopping to choose something organic over non organic but for the people out there who do this supplement may be perfect for you. I definitely see that there can be a market for this for some people. If I found this product somewhere really cheap in the future I would probably give it another go for the added nutrient aspect. The mocha flavor was perfect for breakfast time though! Once again I really want to thank Ideal Raw for shipping me out this protein supplement to review!
  • Mocha: 8/10

July 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Okay Value
  • Taste Great
  • Vegan
  • All-Natural
  • Satisfies Huger
  • A Little On The Pricey Side

A thanks to IdealRaw for their participation here on Sr.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their organic protein supplement. Organic products, as we know, always have the advantage of being better for our overall health since we can usually rest assured that they are free from most if not all of the bad stuff that find their way into our natural resources. Of course, maintaining a strict organic regimen can be difficult and costly from a monetary standpoint. Despite this, when protein supplements are concerned, an organic product can prove worth the investment, especially for the more health conscious.

IdealRaw's organic protein is 100% vegan based, non-gmo, and soy-free containing no dairy or animal derived additives.

Each serving provides 15g of a blend of 7 purely plant based proteins as well as 130 calories, 9g of carbs, 4g of fiber and 2g of sugar. The 7 plant sources include rice, pea, chia, coconut milk, golden flaxseed, pumpkin, and sunflower. There is also a superfruits blend consisting of pomegranate, cranberries, broccoli, wheat grass, and beet powder.

I find this to be a good profile for an organic product containing plenty of good, all-natural organic ingredients

I received the chocolate flavor and I enjoyed it plenty. It was rich, smooth, creamy, and had a very nice natural taste aroma to it. I tried it in both water and almond milk. Both tasted great and it mixed well each time.

Like all protein supplements, the dosing is based on an individual's daily macro needs. Since I also had IdealLean protein to compliment this product, I used IdealRaw's organic protein once per day in the morning along with my first meal. On training days, I would consume 1-2 scoops usually in water and on non-training days, one scoop with almond milk preferentially.

In addition to enjoying it's pleasing taste and health benefits namely as an organic product, like most of the protein supplements I've used in the past, I found IdealRaw to be a very good, all-natural, healthy way to supplement my daily protein intake.

It helped satisfy hunger and keep me feeling full and satisfied for longer, making sure occasional hunger pangs were kept at a minimum. My recovery from workouts was improved and the morning supplementation servings of IdealRaw, helped to stave of any morning lethargy or DOMS that I may have had.

In summary, IdealRaw organic protein was an excellent addition to my protein supplementation regimen.

Not surprising, IdaelRaw organic protein is a bit more expensive than average protein supplements, as are most organic based supplements. The cheapest price I found was 39.99 on amazon. However, you'd have to tack on 6.99 for shipping. Therefore, the price would set you back roughly 47 dollars. Each tub provides a full-month's worth of 30 servings. First glance again, it may seem like a bit of a steep price. Nonetheless, it is an effective and healthier option among protein supplements. Furthermore, the price is not outlandishly greater than most other organic protein products ion today's market. Overall, an acceptable value for an organic product, but try to catch it on sale when possible.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If your someone who prefers the organic way of supplementation, IdealRaw' organic protein is a product that will interest you and deliver on your needs. It will aid in meeting your macro requirements, keep hunger satisfied, and help with muscular recovery. As always, be on the lookout for the best prices and don't forget training and primary diet as your most important factors.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!