Defense Reviews

By: IdealRaw

Defense is an Immune System Product manufactured by IdealRaw. It is designed to improve immune system health and function.

Overall
Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
  July 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gut Health Support
  • Immunity Enhancement

Per my M.O. of late, my apologies to IdealRaw for being slow to get to this review. Simultaneously, thank you for giving me a shot to try this unique supplement. IdealRaw posted a host of products to the troopers dash when this came out, and with the results of these little capsules, I'm sorry I didn't claim more! Without further adieu, let's take a look at this shroom-based wellness concoction...

On the cover label of Defense we've got a picture of ginger root with some mushrooms and turmeric. However, there's a lot more at play here. You do have a fungus base of 3 types of mushrooms, so let's start there: Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake mushrooms are all equally represented at 100mg.
    > Reishi mushrooms are funny looking flat fungi that grow on trees. They can grow to be quite large and have a waxy outer membrane that almost makes them look like glazed pottery. Benefits include defense against tumor growth and cancer, liver detoxification, heart health and blood pressure balancing, hormone balancing, diabetes prevention, prevention of allergies and asthma, and reduced risk for viruses and infections.
    > Shiitake mushrooms also grow on wood, and are more typical-looking mushrooms that have a sort of furry looking outer membrane. They're very common in cooking and provide benefits that include an ability to fight obesity, support immune function, destroy cancerous cells, support cardiovascular health, serve as an antimicrobial, balance hormones and boost brain function, and promote skin health.
    > Maitake mushrooms are the strangest looking of the bunch, also known as the hen of the wood (I'm noticing a theme here), they grow on trees and sort of look like a bunch of tail feathers. They provide similar benefits as the other two, including being a good source of vitamin D, disruption of cancer progression and an ability to aid in prevention, immune system health, antioxidant, and it's natural alpha-glucosidase inhibitors can aid in stopping the progression or onset of diabetes.

These were the most unique ingredients contained in Defense.

Also present are a host of other whole body wellness staples. For example, Ashwagandha root. It isn't very heavily dosed, but Ashwagandha can promote healthy testosterone levels and reduce cortisol levels to fight stress. Also, Turmeric at a 4:1 extract ratio and 400mg overall. Turmeric has gained notoriety of late, because it seems to heal everything. It fights stress, improves skin, is an antioxidant, fights cancer, is an antidepressant, anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory... and all this while running a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. No wait, that one was Batman. Jokes aside, one quick side note on turmeric for the parents of picky eaters... I discovered that if my 3 year old won't eat something, I can sprinkle some turmeric on top, turn it yellow, and tell him it's minion food. Then it gets eaten right away. If your kids won't eat and are obsessed with those little yellow pill people... try it out!

A healthy dose of zinc, 50mg, is more than I see in my ZMA by ON (30mg in that one).

Ginger Root at 50mg is an anti-inflammatory, prevents/stops nausea, helps arthritis, reduces risk of heart disease, again, the list goes on.

I could continue, but instead I've posted the label. The ingredients all kind of follow the same trend: anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, blood-glucose support, healthy hormone levels, cortisol reduction, etc.

It's a blend that goes beyond virus and infection protection and looks at the whole health of the user's mind and body.

3 pills daily. I took them at breakfast. There was a little bit of a funkiness to the pills themselves each time you took them, but it wasn't at all overwhelming.

This is a tough supplement to gauge. Luckily I had all this time off from it to determine where it may have had the most direct impact. However prior to getting to that, I'll say this: when I started taking this, I'd just picked up a cold from my kid. I started this within 24-hours of getting to the point where I realized it definitely wasn't allergies and that the feverish achy feeling was real. Within another 36 hours all my symptoms were gone. Mind you, I was exercising, sweating out the bad stuff, and drinking lots of fluid, but that's par for the course any time I get sick. This definitely seemed to assist.

Besides that, I can't say I noticed anything eye-opening when taking it. However after I stopped I noticed some fall offs. First was wakefulness. I stacked this with Gotu Kola, so there may be some confusion there as far as which to attribute this too, but both probably helped. Since ending, I've been a little more tired as my alarm goes off each morning, and get a little more fatigued in the afternoon. I also noticed myself second guessing my decisions more, blaming myself more, and in general having a bit of fall off from the alpha dog mindset. I've since added in ashwagandha and ginger from other sources and its returned. I think they were the responsible ingredients for that.

$39.99 for 60 servings at IdealRaw.com. That's a very fair price for the benefits. Take that $0.66/serving pricetag all day.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, this stuff seemed to do a lot. I felt better mentally and physically while taking it. When you have a demanding job, or just demand the most from yourself, you really can't afford to have a let down. This stuff will assist. It has everything you need to feel, look and be healthy, inside and out. It's a unique blend of ingredients that I've never seen elsewhere, and it's worth exploring for anyone. Thanks again IdealRaw, this stuff was great and I look forward to seeing what you come out with next!

Overall
    Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
      July 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Immunity Enhancement
    • Gut Health Support

A special thanks to IdealRaw for allowing us the opportunity to try out and review their products. Today, I discuss my experience with their immune enhancement supplement Defense. Getting sick sucks....or at least it seems most of the time we get ill at the most inconvenient of times. Truth be told, whether it'd be the common cold bug or something more serious, nobody wants to deal with illnesses because of the interference they can cause with daily life. Not to mention, trying to bang out a workout while battling an illnesses isn't the most pleasant of experiences. Practicing a diet rich in all the essential vitamins and antioxidants, along with all the other necessities, is the best way to keep out immune defenses solid and running. Of course, it doesn't hurt to give them a little boost every now and then, so that's when products like Defense come into play.

Defense contains a fully disclosed and extensive profile consisting of ingredients that can strengthen immune response, support natural inflammatory responses, aid with stress management, and improve gut health. The profile begins with 200mg of vitamin C, 25mg of vitamin E, 50mg of zinc, and 200mcg of selenium.

Continuing down the profile, we see 400mg of 4:1 tumeric, 400mg of beta glucan, 200mg of ashwaganda, 100mg of Reishi mushroom, 100mg of Shitake mushroom, 100mg of Maitake mushroom, 100mg of astragalus, 100mg of echinacea, 50mg of 4:1 ginger root extract, 25mg of 10:1 elder berry extract, 10mg of bioperine, and finally a probiotics inclusion of two cultures consisting of Lactobacillus Rihamnosus at 7.5 billion CFU and B-Bifidum at 2.5 billion CFU.

I don't think I need to go into in-depth detail about any of these ingredients since all of us has seen them at one point or another. As we know, a majority of these ingredients are known for their immunity enhancement properties. Tumeric, echinacea, the included vitamins and minerals, elder berry, and the included mushroom extracts are well known for improving immunity response and having health promoting properties associated with improving the function of vital organs such as the heart and liver. Ashwaganda and ginger root are effective adaptogens that help reduce cortisol and help mitigate stress response. The probiotics of course are for gut health, but also these "good" bacteria are important immune factors that help drive immunity processes.

My only complaint is that I believe that some of these ingredients could be dosed a little higher. The vitamin C for example would be better at 500mg and ingredients such as the mushroom extracts and ashwaganda could be up ticked maybe 100-200mg higher.

The directions advise 3 capsules preferably with your largest meal. For me, I took 3 caps with my final meal of the day, which was usually dinner. You could spread the caps out, I suppose, but I just found it more convenient to take all 3 at once.

When talking about the effectiveness about an immunity enhancement supplement, obviously, the one thing you would gauge efficacy on is whether or not you truly "felt" healthier while on it in terms of perhaps how you did not contract any illnesses or how you may have gotten over one quicker.

For me, while on Defense, I never became ill and I truly felt healthier and less stressed. I had more natural energy and focus thanks to the adaptogens and I did not feel ill or sluggish at any point while taking Defense. I sometimes don't get enough sleep so that can make me more susceptible to illness and stress. I felt that Defense helped reduce the "lack of rest" lethargic stress response I would sometimes get and made a difference in helping to keep me from getting sick.

The probiotics did a great job in helping to keep me regular. I was having occasional extra, large bowel movements and I had less gastric disturbances from heavy meals.

IdealRaw offers Defense for 22 dollars a bottle. However, they also offer quantity deals where buying more than one bottle, two or three, will allow for a small discounted bulk price. The deals include two bottles for 40 dollars and three bottles for 60 dollars. Considering each bottle lasts a month and that Defense does a great job supporting your overall health, I think this is a very good deal if you are someone who uses immune enhancement supplements frequently.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you wanna take your immune system to the gym and give it strength to fight off those nasty illness bugs, Defense is a product that can do just that. It can also help with stress and keep your plumbing in good working order. Just be sure the majority of the good stuff you need is coming from your diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!