Iconogenin Reviews

By: Iconic Formulations

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
  November 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

I wanted to try my first topical supplement. This seemed like a good fit for my goals of gaining a little strength. For me it worked.

Hello everybody, I am back for another review on a new type of product for me. This is my first topical supplement, neat huh? I am a 46 year old family guy who needs to stay in shape and probably improve so I can keep doing what I like to do. I used this run to try and gain some strength. I hit the weights 4 days a week and then did cardio as well. I started the run at 220#'s and ended at 222#'s. If you look at my log you will see that the poundage I am lifting went up. Biggest thing for me is Pull ups (couldn't do one in junior high, yep one of those kids). Went from 5x5 with a 1 band assist to 5x5 no assist. This is cool for me anyway. I also want to thank ICONIC Formulations and the SRTroopers program for allowing me to run this product.

Pages 84-87 covers this run.

Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin, Propylene Glycol Monolaurate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tetrahydropiperine

What the heck? As you probably guessed I have never used a topical before. So the important ingredient is the 5z Hydroxy Laxogenin. I am guessing I am getting 20mg per pump (more description below) which led me to an 80mg daily dose. So playing google warrior I found dosage ranges between 50 and 150mg per day. With a clinical dose of 100mg. Big problem is it isn't absorbed very well, which is why I assume this product worked (for me anyway) is it isn't going through the digestive system. The profile seems ok to me as you can vary your daily application to your needs.

Here is an article on Laxogenin, it doesn't cover topicals but gives a view on 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin.

This is a topical, if you are tasting or mixing it you are doing it wrong.....

Dosing isn't difficult but it is confusing. At my bodyweight they suggest 4 pumps a day and show you where to apply it. After a shower and drying off, apply and let dry for 4 or 5 minutes. So for me pretty easy as I just showered dried off applied, then shaved, brushed teeth etc. By the time I was done it was dry. Here is the one issue, on the bottle it doesn't say how much Laxogenin you are getting. On the website it says each bottle contains "3g's of Laxogenin to allow for 100mg daily application". So I assume that is at the maximum 5 pumps. Which means at my weight I was getting 80mg's per day. Seems simple to put on the bottle 20mg's per pump.

In the month that I used this product my weights went up. That is the short and simple side. If you look at my log I did focus more on strength and so I would assume my strength would increase. However this seemed to up the desire to "hit more weights" if you know what I mean. I also was still able to do cardio, which as noted in earlier logs has been an issue as I get older. I also didn't get as sore from my workouts which I really noticed today as my body is feeling more sore than it has in the last month. I did go up in bodyweight as well, which I am not fond of but I guess 2 pounds won't kill me.

As of 11/15/2018 I found the following prices.

Company website at $49.99.

Amazon has it listed at $44.95.

For me this was a good value. 1 bottle at 4 pumps a day lasted about a month. For me that is in my price range, as I believe I saw positive results.

Side Effects

I had no real negative side effects. Only complaint is having to spread out that much lotion? Easier to take a pill than lather this on and wait for it to dry. But it did fit into my morning schedule with ease, so no down points. I forgot that I did get some joint pain, but I can't say this did it as I sorta overdosed on Halloween candy, then the joints hurt for about 4 days. As of today though I am back to normal, so I think it was more the sugar, but thought I should mention as if you read my log it is in there.

Conclusion

This was an enjoyable run for me. I think that even if it was only mental it gave me that drive and confidence to work a little harder. The result from that is totally obvious, I got results..... I think they should clean up the instructions in order to make it dummy proof, but other than that I had fun this month. I think that as I cut down the next few months ( I like to do things backwards, cut in winter play in summer) I will plan an 8 week run of this in the spring. I don't think this product costs too much, so with the sales I know will come up I will probably get a couple bottles so I am ready. If you are ready to try something different, pick up a bottle and lift some weight.