Iconogenin Reviews

By: Iconic Formulations

Growth Enhancers > Natural Anabolics
Iconogenin is a Natural Anabolic product manufactured by Iconic Formulations. It is designed to naturally help keep you in an anabolic state.

Overall
Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
  December 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Leanness
  • Random Pump Dose

Simply put this product delivers.

Big thanks to Iconic Formulations for letting me run Iconogenin. I have used Laxogenin products before in the past and to be honest, I never got the great results that everyone always talks about. So much I had always chalked the ingredient up as a waste, or modern snake oil. It was not until I did some more research that I learned that it does not work as an oral supplement. Because of this Iconic formulations has made this a topical gel, so let's see if this makes it better.

So the ingredient profile is a bit confusing simply because it looks like this:

Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin, Propylene Glycol Monolaurate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Tetrahydropiperine.

Yep, a big glob of mumbo jumbo. What you need to focus on is the 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin because that is the main factor in this product.

So what is laxogenin? It's a naturally occurring steroidal sapogenin taken from Smilax Sieboldii, a plant related to asparagus, and is similar in structure to ecdysterone, another widely supplemented plant-derived anabolic compound.

Laxogenin belongs to a family of plant-based steroids collectively known as brassinosteroids, which are present in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and pollen of a number of plants and foods. Interestingly enough, it's also found in high amounts in mustard oil.

What does laxogenin do?

Increased protein synthesis and lean mass
Decreased stress
Reduces LDL "bad" cholesterol
Improves thyroid function
Limits protein breakdown
Combats inflammation

so in other words.....a lot

There are not any issues with taste or mixability because this is a topical gel for the body.

dosing is based on the user's body weight and the bottle shows a diagram of where to apply the gel. Usually, you want to apply it to the neck chest, core, arms area or basically where the majority of lymph nodes are in your upper body. I always would use this at night after I took a shower, that way my body could absorb as much as possible before I was doing a sweaty workout in the morning.

I would say this product was pretty effective for what it says it can do. In the past, with this ingredient, I expected to see large strength gains and other benefits as if it was a testosterone booster like Hades. With this gel I had a different outlook, I focused more on leanness in the area applied and recovery. By being on the lookout for those two benefits, this product really shined. After about a week of use, I noticed that recover with my shoulders and chest was almost instant. I also noticed that I gained some size and leanness in these areas as well. My shoulder caps were more predominant and I noticed more veins showing through these areas as well. For me, this was a sign that the product was doing what it was intended to do. The muscle was repairing and recovering at a faster rate increasing my strength, and it was also aiding in leaning out those areas.

You can find this on amazon.com for $44.95 and depending on your body weight it will dictate how many pumps you get. I was using 3-4 pumps and it lasted well over a month, so to me, this product is worth the price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was an interesting run on an ingredient that I deemed a lost cause. Because Iconic Formulations put this into a topical cream, I 100% believe that this is the only way to go now with this ingredient. Next year when I am looking to lean out and really put my body to the test, I will be getting this product again an seeing if it still lives up to the hype.

Overall
Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
  November 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

I wanted to try my first topical supplement. This seemed like a good fit for my goals of gaining a little strength. For me it worked.

Hello everybody, I am back for another review on a new type of product for me. This is my first topical supplement, neat huh? I am a 46 year old family guy who needs to stay in shape and probably improve so I can keep doing what I like to do. I used this run to try and gain some strength. I hit the weights 4 days a week and then did cardio as well. I started the run at 220#'s and ended at 222#'s. If you look at my log you will see that the poundage I am lifting went up. Biggest thing for me is Pull ups (couldn't do one in junior high, yep one of those kids). Went from 5x5 with a 1 band assist to 5x5 no assist. This is cool for me anyway. I also want to thank ICONIC Formulations and the SRTroopers program for allowing me to run this product.

Pages 84-87 covers this run.

What the heck? As you probably guessed I have never used a topical before. So the important ingredient is the 5z Hydroxy Laxogenin. I am guessing I am getting 20mg per pump (more description below) which led me to an 80mg daily dose. So playing google warrior I found dosage ranges between 50 and 150mg per day. With a clinical dose of 100mg. Big problem is it isn't absorbed very well, which is why I assume this product worked (for me anyway) is it isn't going through the digestive system. The profile seems ok to me as you can vary your daily application to your needs.

Here is an article on Laxogenin, it doesn't cover topicals but gives a view on 5a Hydroxy Laxogenin.

This is a topical, if you are tasting or mixing it you are doing it wrong.....

Dosing isn't difficult but it is confusing. At my bodyweight they suggest 4 pumps a day and show you where to apply it. After a shower and drying off, apply and let dry for 4 or 5 minutes. So for me pretty easy as I just showered dried off applied, then shaved, brushed teeth etc. By the time I was done it was dry. Here is the one issue, on the bottle it doesn't say how much Laxogenin you are getting. On the website it says each bottle contains "3g's of Laxogenin to allow for 100mg daily application". So I assume that is at the maximum 5 pumps. Which means at my weight I was getting 80mg's per day. Seems simple to put on the bottle 20mg's per pump.

In the month that I used this product my weights went up. That is the short and simple side. If you look at my log I did focus more on strength and so I would assume my strength would increase. However this seemed to up the desire to "hit more weights" if you know what I mean. I also was still able to do cardio, which as noted in earlier logs has been an issue as I get older. I also didn't get as sore from my workouts which I really noticed today as my body is feeling more sore than it has in the last month. I did go up in bodyweight as well, which I am not fond of but I guess 2 pounds won't kill me.

As of 11/15/2018 I found the following prices.

Company website at $49.99.

Amazon has it listed at $44.95.

For me this was a good value. 1 bottle at 4 pumps a day lasted about a month. For me that is in my price range, as I believe I saw positive results.

Side Effects

I had no real negative side effects. Only complaint is having to spread out that much lotion? Easier to take a pill than lather this on and wait for it to dry. But it did fit into my morning schedule with ease, so no down points. I forgot that I did get some joint pain, but I can't say this did it as I sorta overdosed on Halloween candy, then the joints hurt for about 4 days. As of today though I am back to normal, so I think it was more the sugar, but thought I should mention as if you read my log it is in there.

Conclusion

This was an enjoyable run for me. I think that even if it was only mental it gave me that drive and confidence to work a little harder. The result from that is totally obvious, I got results..... I think they should clean up the instructions in order to make it dummy proof, but other than that I had fun this month. I think that as I cut down the next few months ( I like to do things backwards, cut in winter play in summer) I will plan an 8 week run of this in the spring. I don't think this product costs too much, so with the sales I know will come up I will probably get a couple bottles so I am ready. If you are ready to try something different, pick up a bottle and lift some weight.