Glutamine Blend Reviews

By: HIT Supplements

Glutamine Blend is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by HIT Supplements. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

October 27, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Terrific
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Ingredient List
  • 2 Servings Per Day Only Last 2 Weeks
Big shout out to HIT Supplements and SR Troops for the opportunity to log this wonderful product. I have previously tried the creatine product by this company and it worked so well for me that I was looking forward to this. I have always been a fan of glutamine as I have found it works wonders for me in terms of recovery.

Description from the website:
Highly effective bio-available Glutamine Matrix*
Glutamine promotes muscle growth in conjunction with BCAAs*
Slows the muscle breakdown that usually happens after an extended period of stress*
Helps fight fatigue, both physical and mental*
Reduces muscle soreness*
Improves brain function*
Improved immune support*
Speeds recovery and recuperation*

Does it really provide and deliver everything that it lists on the label, well lets get into it and find out.

========================================
Taste: 10/10 - The taste I received was Island Fruit. Wow, it tasted so great, tarty and sweet, but not too sweet, just the way I like my products. Very enjoyable. The more water that you added to the 1 scoop of product the less tarty it got. It was not gritty or anything, just like drinking on lemonade. Very much enjoyable.

========================================

Ingredients: 8/10 - This is not just a glutamine product. It has a few others things included in it. It has 3 different varieties of glutamine. Also it has Taurine, Beta Alanine, Tyrosine and Leuicine, Isoleucine and Valine. This is a nice blend of ingredients that both aid in recovery, hydration, and energy. The reason I did not give this product higher than an 8 is because of the two prop blends. I just dont like prop blends, because I feel like companies instead of being transparent are trying to hide some magical formula that "only they know".

========================================

Dosage: 10/ 10 - The dosage was straight forward. I used this as my Intra workout drink. 1 scoop, 8 oz of water, during my workout. Sometimes I would use a second scoop during leg days, as before and after workout drink instead of as an intraworkout drink. That worked well in my case.

========================================

Effectiveness: 8.5/10 - Although this is a prop blend, it performed really well for what I was looking from this product.

Recovery: 10/10 - The recovery on this was magnificent. DOMS are a big part of any workout, and you know when you hit the muscles with the right tempo the DOMS can sometimes be too much and unbearable. This really helped as a deterrent for really bad DOMS. I felt like I was recovering a lot better and faster which led to more consistent workouts. Ive always been a big advocate of how well Glutamine works with recovery.

Energy: 8/10 - The Beta Alanine and Taurine is a good touch, because not only does this give you a good amount of energy but I also feel as the energy helped my body circulate the glutamine and Leucine product a lot better throughout my body. Again the energy was not a pwo type of energy, but it did give a good small boost to a pwo I was already taking.

Brain Function / Focus: 0-10 - I am not sure why the Brain function is touted as one of the benefits of this product. I do not see any ingredients that directly correlate to anything dealing with brain function. I think it should just be for recovery and maybe a small energy boost.

========================================

Side Effects: The only side effect was that it didnt last as long as I wanted this product to last.

========================================

Value: 7/10 - This product is fairly cheap. $25 if you one scoop it you get 32 days worth, however, you won't see the effectiveness as good, especially with DOMS on super heavy leg days, so there are times when you will have to double scoop this product, and at best you'll get a little over 3 weeks of product. Otherwise the value of the product would be a lot higher.

========================================

Overall: 8/10 - This is a solid Intra Product and I think it works great in many of the aspects that it offers. However, I feel like some of the ingredients should be dosed a bit higher or maybe have a 60 serving bottle of this, so you don't feel bad when you double scoop it. Otherwise, I would really recommend this product to try. I will def be buying this with my own money very soon, once I get paid that is.

October 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Terrific
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Ingredient List
  • Sustamine
  • Taste Left Something To Be Desired

Love the SR TROOP program! Without the program I wouldn't be able to know about half the supplements out there. Big shout out to HIT SUPPLEMENTS for partnering with SR.com it this amazing program. I took this product because I was needing something to help me power through my workouts since I would be in a caloric deficit during this cut. My workouts are long and often times when I am not in a deficit I still have issues getting through it without being exhausted.

The ingredient profile looks great. The BCAA mix is good. They throw a little bit of beta alanine in there with some B3, B6, and Calcium. Overall, I really liked what was in it.

I received the Island Fruit flavor and I was able to drink it with no issues. However, I have tasted better intra-workout drinks than this. It didn't taste bad per say. It just wasn't the best tasting I've had. I used a scoop and a half in about 12 ounces of water and it would last me my whole workout. It mixes just fine in a shaker cup, regular cup, or in just a water bottle. No clumps.

Overall, I felt the product worked for me. There were days I didn't have it to take and my workouts just didn't feel the same. At times I could feel the beta alanine so I felt like it was working as well.

You can find this product anywhere from $15-$20 a bottle for 265.5 grams so the value is tremendous. With just the one recommended scoop you can make this last for 32 uses. If you are like me and you use it strictly when you workout that could be 6-8 weeks. That's a pretty unbeatable buy in my opinion. Especially if you need a pick me up halfway through your workout.

Side Effects

ZERO Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I fell like HIT Supplements did a great job with this product. The taste could be improved, but that is not really a problem at all. If you feel like you need a boost during your workouts then pick this product up off the shelf for a $20 spot and try it out. I will definitely be picking it up again.

October 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Terrific
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Ingredient List
  • Sustamine
  • Potentially Underdosed

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
Huge thank you to SR and HIT supplements for their support of the troops program. I've had great success with some of the products HIT makes such as peak perform, and creafusion. This review however is for their glutamine blend called reform matrix which I was really excited to try because it's been a really long time since I've taking a glutamine product. I was also really curious because this product is not just straight glutamine it has other ingredients to aid in your recovery time in the gym. This review is for a full 35 serving container. HIT supplements also claims that taking reform matrix will increase your ability to train harder and longer so let's see if that's true.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
The Ingredient profile is pretty simple. Unlike taking just a plan glutamine supplement HIT has set up there game by adding some nice extras into their product. You have some B vitamins for a nice boost of energy during you lift or post workout. Which is really nice to see unlike just taking a straight glutamine product. Then HIT comes at you with two main profiles for this product. Yes they are a propriety blend but I've had other HIT products with a propriety blend in it and they were still effective. Yes granted it would be nice for the company to list what's the exact amount but what can you do. The first main part of reform matrix is none other the glutamine matrix which is the main focus or this product accounting for me then 4,014mg. I'm a big fan of the power version of glutamine versus the pills just a personal preference. But if you are taking just straight plan old Jane glutamine its 5g per serving. So this product might be under dose but you are getting extra ingredient with the L-glutamine and magnesium are both interdependent and essential for muscle anabolism and, in particular, for increasing muscle mass in times of strenuous exercise, stress from disease, injury or surgery, or fasting/malnutrition, it is nutritionally reasonable to supplement these two nutrients together. The second phase of this product is the repair matrix which is 3,250mg here is where you are going to find the repair side of it for you muscle in this blend you will find isoleucine which. This amino acid is especially important to serious athletes and body builders because its primary function in the body is to boost energy and help the body recover from strenuous physical activity. Which will help speed up your recovery time in the gym between workouts.

The flavor I received was island fruit which was pretty tasty it was like drinking something while on vacation in the Bahamans. Dosing was 1 scoop during training or throughout the day on both lifting and no training days. Had not issues mixing it the taste did change depending on how much water you would use. They called for 8oz

This was a great addition to my workout it served and a nice finish to my lift. I would usually take in half way once I've done a few exercises. It gave me a nice boost of energy to finish of my sets or to keep the weight moving. It was really helping during heavy lifts like back, legs, and chest. It gave me that extra jacked feeling to make me do more reps and while increasing the weight of each set I was doing. I don't have a set workout routine it varies during my lift. While taking reform matrix it helped me push myself during heavier sets like rack n pulls that movement takes a lot of energy out of you once you go over 315lbs which I would normally do 6-8reps for 3 sets. But while taking reform matrix it gave me the boost I need to do 365 working sets and 405 for some singles. On days where I didn't train has heavy it help with supersets of arms, triceps, along with some delts. Reform matrix help reduce fatigue during my workout along with increasing my recovery time in-between lifts.

On the HIT website it's 24.99 but right now they are BOGO.

Side Effects

Zero side effects

Conclusion

HIT will did and amazing job with reform matrix this product is a nice addition to have while training at the gym. If you have some extra cash it's really worth buying. This is a product that I would purchase in the future.

October 8, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Terrific
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Ingredient List
  • Sustamine
  • Prop Blend
  • Potentially Underdosed

Greetings SR, I'm here to review HIT supplements' Reform Matrix thanks to the SR TROOPer program. This is the second HIT supplement I have taken so big thanks to the company getting their products out there. This is a recovery product, and I took this while on a strength/mass bulk. During my run of this I was doing a 5-1-1-1 strength routine. I love this routine as it does add a lot of strength and mass quickly, however it is hard to maintain because of the soreness, injuries, and aches it causes. I didn't expect much from this product, however as my title says I was pleasantly surprised. On to he review!

This profile is interesting. Some B vitamins for a little extra energy, but this product is centered on two prop blends, the Glutamine matrix and repair matrix. Yeah prop blends are a pain, but if it works it works. I do find the prop blend a little more troubling in the repair matrix however. This matrix is 3.25 grams of some quality ingredients, including taurine, beta alanine, and bcaas. My beef is not with the ingredients, but the dosages. Because it's a prop blend, we don't know how much of each we are getting. However, at 3.25 grams, the beta alanine and certainly the bcaas are under dosed. Because I supplement with these elsewhere, (pre workout, intra workout), it's not a deal breaker for me and probably provided just an extra pop to those.

The Glutamine Matix is supposed to be the star of the show here though. A little over 4 grams of glutamine, in a blend of regular glutamine, sustamine, and magnesium chelated glutamine. I didn't like this profile very much at first either as most glutamine products and dosages center around 5 g, and even then glutamine has trouble surviving the stomach. I used to use glutamine religiously before bcaa intras blew up, straight glutamine and designers such as Sci Fits Glutalyn. I liked them a lot, however when bcaa/eat intras improved a lot I switched and never looked back. This product however, might have changed my mind and I think is a worthy addition to your intra or standalone as I'll talk about in the effectiveness section. The theory behind the 4 gram dose is that the sustamine and magnesium chelate will absorb better and provide that better recovery, and I think it did.

I had the island fruit flavor, and it tasted just like the Creafusion HIT product of tropical citrus. Very light, sweet, and a little tangy. Absolutely delicious. Because of the light flavor, I found it easy to mix with my preworkout or intraworkout that were also fruit flavored. It's great as a standalone drink or addition. Points for being versatile there.

Mixabilitiy isn't a problem, mixes very clean with very little residue left over.

Dosing is easy, 1 scoop before, during, or after your workout and anytime on non training days. For the most part, I added this to my intraworkout and sipped throughout. On a couple of occasions, I took two scoops on big chest and leg days.

I really didn't think this would work as well as it did because the profile seemed under dosed in a lot of areas. Where this product really worked for me was in recovery, especially with DOMS. In full disclosure, this is not the only product I take to help with recovery. I was taking an intraworkout that had bcaas and of course protein for recovery. But, I always take those and my DOMS is always pretty predictable. Approximately 18 hours after I lift, the muscle group I worked out previously would be pretty sore and last 1-3 days. Because of the 5-1-1-1 routine, lifting super heavy, soreness is just part of the game even. During my run of Reform Marrix however, the DOMS was significantly reduced. I even recall a couple times waking up, not being that sore, and having to go through my routine and weights again to see if I forgot something because the DOMS was so light and sometimes not even there. This enabled to me heal quicker, really push myself, and get an extra day of a muscle group in during the week. Can I attribute it ALL to Reform Matrix? No, as my diet was clean, protein high, and also supplemented with a good intra...however, that is always the case and when I supplemented with this it provided a positive change.

The value of this product is really not bad, especially considering how great it worked for me. I do consider this a luxury supplement though, as I think it supplements your staple supplements. Reform Matrix provides 32 scoops for as low as $20 on Amazon. Not bad at all, and I would definitely buy this again at this price.

Side Effects

None to speak of, no digestion issues.

Conclusion

Very pleasantly surprised by this product, it really helped my recovery a lot. Even has me rethinking glutamine products, especially designer ones aimed at better absorption. If you are looking for a recovery edge, I would recommend looking into Reform Marrix.

October 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Terrific
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Ingredient List
  • Sustamine
  • 2 Servings Per Day Only Last 2 Weeks
  • Potentially Underdosed

I have used glutamine as a staple since I started hitting the weights and gym about a week ago and I feel like it has really helped me recover. up until I saw HIT Supplements' Reform Matrix Glutamine Powder blend I just thought of it as an unflavored pre- and post-workout adder. The more I read into what HIT was claiming, the more I wanted to try the product.

After placing my TROOP claim the note came back stating: "the Glutamine we used is the Trademark Sustamine. In addition to the magnesium glutamine chelate we also used a B Vitamin blend for energy. Taurine, Beta-Alanine, Leucine and Iso-leucine and Valine as well. The flavor on this product is amazing." You can see some other claims on the label below. I will get into all this jazz as we hit the effectiveness section...

Once I got the container I thought to myself - is this stuff POISON? There is a skull on the front of this? Ahhh - what the hell - go for it! On with the review

Prop blends. That was one of the concerns I had about grabbing this. Not that I was concerned if it would be ok - I just like to have an idea of what I am taking in. The first prop blend is the BIO-AVAILABLE GLUTAMINE MATRIX coming in at ~4mg

Considering that standard dosing for glutamine is typically 5g, I found it odd that this "blend" was less than that. I think the thing to note here is that in this blend is "SUSTAMINE" which is a Alanine/Glutamine mix. According to those that make Sustamine: "Sustamine enhances electrolyte and water absorption in the intestines. It also stimulates glycogen synthesis, inhibits muscle protein breakdown and promotes the synthesis of muscle protein. Sustamine has also been shown to help protect the integrity of the gastrointestinal tract, contributing to better nutrition absorption." --> http://www.sustamine.com/faq

So he sustamine sounds like good stuff - not sure how much I am getting but it sounds pretty sweet...

The next prop blend is the BIO-AVAILABLE REPAIR MATRIX coming in at 3.25mg. This has your Taurine, Beta Alanine, Tyrosine, and a few more Amino Acids. Again, cant comment on what is greater than what in a blend but none of those ingredients can be in a typical dosing just based upon the fact that if they were all divided equally that would only be about 525 mg each, which isn't remarkable for anyone of those products alone.

Finally we have a mix of B-Vitamins for energy...

So first take on the label: lots of good stuff - but is there enough of it for this product to do anything for me? let's find out...

The taste was really good - I had the Island Fruit and it tasted like a fruit punch. It wasn't too sweet, it didn't have a chemical after taste, it mixed up fine - no grit, minimal foam - good stuff. I typically mixed it with water but also mixed it with some unflavored protein and it was ok.

The first few times I used this supplement I took it after my post-workout drink. I work out in the morning - so my routine is as follows: wake up at 430, starting working out by 0500, typically drinking my post workout drink at 615, and driving to work at 625. I would drink this on my drive into work. If you read the back of the label it encourages you to take it throughout the day. So I tried that as well; I kept the drive to work dose and added another dose early afternoon (around 2-3pm).

My opinion on this product is yes, it is effective. I noticed that I was able to recover post workout, I had a good focus as soon as I hit work in the morning, and after adding the second in the early afternoon, I experienced a clean boost in energy. Now, I am not going to attribute any crazy gains or superior endurance to this product. But what I will say is that when taken two times a day I could feel a difference in my overall well-being and recovery...

If you go to Amazon you can find this stuff on Subscribe and Save for ~$20 a per 32 serving container. That makes it about $0.63/serving. If you use it how I did, 2 times a day, it actually comes out to $1.25 per day. This can get costly for a glutamine product - especially when you consider how inexpensive and available glutamine products are. Here is where it gets tricky - I don't think this is a just a glutamine product. The additional aminos and Vitamin B makes this a more complete product. One final kick is if you take 2 servings a day this stuff will only last you two weeks. That kind of stinks - and I didn't see a large tub of this on the market at this time.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really liked this product. Truth of the matter is this is probably more of a luxury type product for me. One in which I would buy if I had a little extra money, only because the two main pieces of this puzzle are inexpensive to supplement in my diet - Glutamine and Beta Alanine. The caveat is the sustamine, which seems interesting and, I think, helped with my recovery...

This one is worth picking up, if you are a Glutamine fan, and giving a run...
  • Island Fruit: 9/10