HydroxyElite Reviews

By: Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.5

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has DMAA
  • Mood Boost
  • Dwindling Supply
  • Not 100% Oxy
  • Discontinued

Hello everyone! I'm logging in here to give a bit of a "too-late" review again. Unfortunately, I am new to the site and I really wish I was able to give this review at least a few months back but I really feel that it is necessary to give my opinion on this product. As I have stated in previous reviews, I am pretty stim-tolerant. Back in the day (not that I'm old enough to really say that) I used to used OxyElite and Jack3d in tandem. Hell, I used to open up an OxyElite and throw that into a HEAPING scoop of Jack3d (which is honestly not a great thing for a 16 year old to do, but I did it anyway). Those were the days. Nothing has ever compared to the first tub of Jack3d or the first bottle of OxyElite. Over the years many companies have tried to mimic what USP labs did with said products but nothing was really the same. This product, however, comes very close. The closest I have felt to OxyElite.

Yes, this is a proprietary blend. I know that now-a-days everyone gets very upset over such a thing, but it has been a thing in some of the best supplements of the past; regardless, this is why I had to take a little bit off the overall score of this product.
Let's list the ingredient in the "prop" blend in the order that they appear:
1) Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod) Extract
- This ingredient has been shown to give you a thyroid boost, thus it helps you lose weight by improving your metabolism. (This was in OxyElite)

2) Bacopa Monnieri
- This is more of a mood booster. It has been used because it enhances one's cognitive abilities and has been know to reduce stress (Also in OxyElite)

3) DMAA (1,3 Dimethylamylamine)
- My man! The big dog! Also the reason why all my favorite supplements are now being reformulated (since Hi-tech is in a seriously F'ed up litigation with the gov't, DMAA is banned as of now from being manufactured, we shall see how this turns out later though)
- This is the monster CNS (central nervous system) stimulant that followed after Ephedrine died. It was the reason why OxyElite and Jack3d were amazing. It is a very strong stimulant which gives a euphoric mental enhancement to the user. It is also a very strong fat burner.

4) Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant) Extract
- This is supposed to increase your body's energy output. In turn it helps your body metabolize fat and increases energy. (Also in OxyElite)

5) Rauwolscine
- This is more readily known as Alpha-Yohimbine. It gives off a powerful stimulant effect while helping the body prevent the storage of fat and metabolize fat.

6) Garcinia Cambogia Extract (fruit rind)
- This is the appetite suppressor ingredient. It is supposed to help produce a feeling in satiety in the user.

These are pills which are slightly larger than what OxyElite was but they go done pretty easily. If you take them on an empty stomach you're bound to get some peppery burps, though. I would only take one at a time, but there were times when I was taking three a day, at separate times. Two a day was really my sweet spot. I would have one in the morning and another one about 6-8 hours later, as that is usually how long it takes for caffeine to wear off.

This formula was almost an exact copy of the OxyElite formula besides from a few little tweaks and to me it gave me about 85% of the feel that OxyElite did. Now, it is hard to truly, and accurately, remember the effect of OxyElite because now it is so glorified in my head that it seems like it would be untouchable. When I took this bottle for the first time I just remember saying to myself, "This is it." I was taken back by how uncanny the resemblance was. I know some people seem to disagree but I have had a great experience with this product. It helped me tremendously when I was waking up at 7am to go to law school and then going to work from 5pm to 1am and doing the same thing every week day. It gave me energy and focus and I think it was one of the reasons I was able to mentally and physically handle life at that point. I also wasn't working out, but I was eating very clean and these two things helped me not become a fat piece of S**t and I will stand by that. I thoroughly recommend this product and it has a place in my heart.

It is now, probably, going to go on to ridiculous prices as it is going to become harder and harder to get the original formula. BECAREFUL to not mix the original formula with the new one that had DMHA. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I have seen that there are still bottles on the web that are going for $40 or so, and then I have seen the trolls already putting up a bottle for $150+ on eBay and the likes. It is certainly not worth that price, but $40 for 90 pills is not bad, especially if you only do 2 a day.

Side Effects

Some people may not be able to tolerate such a strong stimulant effect and some people may be disappointed that it doesn't feel exactly the same as OxyElite. I'm sorry to say it, but nothing is going to match OxyElite or Jack3d. Honestly, I just don't see that happening. It is unfortunate but there were rumors that USP labs and other companies back then were "spiking" their products with undisclosed (possibly illegal) substances. Companies just don't care enough like they used to *sigh*. But yes, with these supplements you could experience headaches or nausea. Just remember to assess your tolerance first and drink a lot of water.

Conclusion

I love this product. It is the closest product to OxyElite that I have tried over the past 7 years. It is a bit of a nostalgic item for people like me who loved OxyElite. I was damned from the beginning as my first supplement I ever tried was Jack3d, followed by OxyElite, so I have been searching for the equivalent ever since. Moral of this review is, if you can get your hands on a bottle I believe that you won't be sorry. If you loved OxyElite then you might like this one and if you have had no idea what I've been talking about with OxyElite and Jack3d and want to get a taste of what supplements 7-8 years ago were like, this is a great product to try. Either way, this will be gone soon and it might not hurt to grab a bottle and try it out.

March 3, 2018

Good review, I thought it was pretty weak myself. Then again, my stim-tolerance is quite high these days. DIdn't hit me as hard as OEP, but I was a youngling back then lol

• TJHreviews
    March 3, 2018

@clipper83 Same man, I was pretty young back then. For me it hit the spot but nothing can beat OEP.

March 3, 2018

Anything that doesn't have Prozac in it is better than OEP

• TJHreviews
    March 3, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-03-03 17:13:30

That explains it. Still would face a whole bottle in a month if it was in front of me tbh

• Wis3guy

Nice review...
    Clipper..... Let it go my man....
    "Back in the day". Is ok to use as it doesn't mean what it used to, as my 13 year old says it....

March 3, 2018

Hahaha, good call Wis3guy.