HydroxyElite Reviews

By: Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals

FORUM TOPICS
DEALS (3)
HydroxyElite is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.5
  March 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has DMAA
  • Mood Boost
  • Dwindling Supply
  • Not 100% Oxy
  • Discontinued

Hello everyone! I'm logging in here to give a bit of a "too-late" review again. Unfortunately, I am new to the site and I really wish I was able to give this review at least a few months back but I really feel that it is necessary to give my opinion on this product. As I have stated in previous reviews, I am pretty stim-tolerant. Back in the day (not that I'm old enough to really say that) I used to used OxyElite and Jack3d in tandem. Hell, I used to open up an OxyElite and throw that into a HEAPING scoop of Jack3d (which is honestly not a great thing for a 16 year old to do, but I did it anyway). Those were the days. Nothing has ever compared to the first tub of Jack3d or the first bottle of OxyElite. Over the years many companies have tried to mimic what USP labs did with said products but nothing was really the same. This product, however, comes very close. The closest I have felt to OxyElite.

Yes, this is a proprietary blend. I know that now-a-days everyone gets very upset over such a thing, but it has been a thing in some of the best supplements of the past; regardless, this is why I had to take a little bit off the overall score of this product.
Let's list the ingredient in the "prop" blend in the order that they appear:
1) Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod) Extract
- This ingredient has been shown to give you a thyroid boost, thus it helps you lose weight by improving your metabolism. (This was in OxyElite)

2) Bacopa Monnieri
- This is more of a mood booster. It has been used because it enhances one's cognitive abilities and has been know to reduce stress (Also in OxyElite)

3) DMAA (1,3 Dimethylamylamine)
- My man! The big dog! Also the reason why all my favorite supplements are now being reformulated (since Hi-tech is in a seriously F'ed up litigation with the gov't, DMAA is banned as of now from being manufactured, we shall see how this turns out later though)
- This is the monster CNS (central nervous system) stimulant that followed after Ephedrine died. It was the reason why OxyElite and Jack3d were amazing. It is a very strong stimulant which gives a euphoric mental enhancement to the user. It is also a very strong fat burner.

4) Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant) Extract
- This is supposed to increase your body's energy output. In turn it helps your body metabolize fat and increases energy. (Also in OxyElite)

5) Rauwolscine
- This is more readily known as Alpha-Yohimbine. It gives off a powerful stimulant effect while helping the body prevent the storage of fat and metabolize fat.

6) Garcinia Cambogia Extract (fruit rind)
- This is the appetite suppressor ingredient. It is supposed to help produce a feeling in satiety in the user.

These are pills which are slightly larger than what OxyElite was but they go done pretty easily. If you take them on an empty stomach you're bound to get some peppery burps, though. I would only take one at a time, but there were times when I was taking three a day, at separate times. Two a day was really my sweet spot. I would have one in the morning and another one about 6-8 hours later, as that is usually how long it takes for caffeine to wear off.

This formula was almost an exact copy of the OxyElite formula besides from a few little tweaks and to me it gave me about 85% of the feel that OxyElite did. Now, it is hard to truly, and accurately, remember the effect of OxyElite because now it is so glorified in my head that it seems like it would be untouchable. When I took this bottle for the first time I just remember saying to myself, "This is it." I was taken back by how uncanny the resemblance was. I know some people seem to disagree but I have had a great experience with this product. It helped me tremendously when I was waking up at 7am to go to law school and then going to work from 5pm to 1am and doing the same thing every week day. It gave me energy and focus and I think it was one of the reasons I was able to mentally and physically handle life at that point. I also wasn't working out, but I was eating very clean and these two things helped me not become a fat piece of S**t and I will stand by that. I thoroughly recommend this product and it has a place in my heart.

It is now, probably, going to go on to ridiculous prices as it is going to become harder and harder to get the original formula. BECAREFUL to not mix the original formula with the new one that had DMHA. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. I have seen that there are still bottles on the web that are going for $40 or so, and then I have seen the trolls already putting up a bottle for $150+ on eBay and the likes. It is certainly not worth that price, but $40 for 90 pills is not bad, especially if you only do 2 a day.

Side Effects

Some people may not be able to tolerate such a strong stimulant effect and some people may be disappointed that it doesn't feel exactly the same as OxyElite. I'm sorry to say it, but nothing is going to match OxyElite or Jack3d. Honestly, I just don't see that happening. It is unfortunate but there were rumors that USP labs and other companies back then were "spiking" their products with undisclosed (possibly illegal) substances. Companies just don't care enough like they used to *sigh*. But yes, with these supplements you could experience headaches or nausea. Just remember to assess your tolerance first and drink a lot of water.

Conclusion

I love this product. It is the closest product to OxyElite that I have tried over the past 7 years. It is a bit of a nostalgic item for people like me who loved OxyElite. I was damned from the beginning as my first supplement I ever tried was Jack3d, followed by OxyElite, so I have been searching for the equivalent ever since. Moral of this review is, if you can get your hands on a bottle I believe that you won't be sorry. If you loved OxyElite then you might like this one and if you have had no idea what I've been talking about with OxyElite and Jack3d and want to get a taste of what supplements 7-8 years ago were like, this is a great product to try. Either way, this will be gone soon and it might not hurt to grab a bottle and try it out.

Overall
Overall
6.8
6.6
  February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has DMAA
  • Mild Appetite Suppression
  • Blends
  • Dwindling Supply
  • Not As Good As OEP

This product gets quite a number of searches, and it's pretty easy to see why. We all know the infamous OxyElite Pro, which made DMAA famous, with Jack3d of course. While those were some fun days, the market has shifted to some safer supplements. Believe it or not, OEP still gets searches on here, which is quite funny.

You may not see this product anymore, as DMAA is well on its way out, but it is still available at many retail stores I've seen. I'm mainly reviewing this for fun actually, as I may soon have to mark this as discontinued.

The profile is not the same as OEP, but still has some similarities. Same amount of caffeine(100mg) per pill, and DMAA in a blend. I've used both DMAA and DMHA. I can say I got better mental focus out of DMHA, but DMAA gave me more of a euphoric feeling.

The first ingredient in the blend is Bauhinia Purpurea. All I could find on this ingredient is that it may help with your thyroid, however, the only study I was able to find was one on rats.

Next we have Bacopa. I actually really like bacopa, mainly as a brain function supplement. I've used it in the past and loved the anxiety/mental clarity effects I got from it. It's in a blend here, and I highly doubt it is dosed high enough, as I didn't notice any effects I have received in the past.

Cirsium Oligophyllym has some studies on rats, all I could find there. May help with fat loss, but nothing conclusive. Last ingredient in this blend is alpha-yohimbine. This is actually a solid ingredient for fat loss, however, I have a big issue with not knowing how much is in this blend. With the high risk of side effects from yohimbine, especially alpha-yohimbine, I see no reason to ever keep the amount hidden.

Lastly, we have Garcinia, that Dr. Oz product that seems to have died out over the past couple of years. Standardized for 60% hydroxy citric acid, which is on par with many other ingredients on the market.

Pills so there is no taste or mixability.

Dosing is exactly like OEP, which is 1-2 pills in the morning, and 1 later on in the day. I typically just took 2 caps in the morning, as I like to enjoy an energy drink midday as opposed to just popping a pill. Caps are slightly big, which some may have trouble taking.

I'll break this up into categories.

Energy:(7.2/10)

With DMAA, I had high hopes for this product. I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I got a mild energy boost at best, nothing compared to OEP. Almost feels like there maybe a sprinkle of DMAA in here. No real rush of euphoria like I wanted, but still better than a cup of coffee to get my day rolling.

Appetite Suppression:(7.5/10)

Not bad here, I typically fasted until around noon while on this, maybe a protein shake in the AM from time to time. I never had an issue waiting until noon or so to eat my real first meal of the day. It wasn't great appetite suppression, as it didn't last any longer than lunch, still being able to wait until 1pm some days before eating without struggling isn't bad either. In the words of Jim Carey, "I've had better".

Thermo Effect:(5/10)

There wasn't a big thermo effect with this. Some days I may have had a slight amount of sweat under my armpits, but nothing compared to other good fat burners I've used in the past. I added ThyroTwin to this one day, and noticed a big increase in sweat, so I was disappointed in this category as well.

As for results, that always comes down to diet. Fat burners are only supposed to help you reach your goals, not do the work for you. I dropped 5 lbs at one point while running this, but that was during keto, where losing that amount is normal. Now that I'm not on a ketogenic diet anymore, I am about 3lbs down from where I started, which isn't bad, but nothing close to some other products I've used in the past.

You can find this product for around $34.99. This price will go up, due to the availability of this product dwindling. (I am basing this value off of the price I got it at, now you'd probably have to pay a bit more for it due to it becoming less available)

For a 30-45 day supply, this is on par with many other fat burners on the market. Issue it, it does not work as well as many other products out there (which don't hide behind blends) at the same price, so I'm marking it down.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any, but some may be sensitive to DMAA or caffeine.

Conclusion

Well, this review is kind of bittersweet. The era of DMAA is coming to an end, which is both good and bad in my opinion. HydroxyElite was a great way to get my memberberries in before this too fades away from the market. It really wasn't that great of a thermogenic, I myself have had much better results with other fat burners, but it is still was pretty fun to run. I may actually pick up a bottle if I can find one and keep it for the distant future, if I ever need a DMAA fix. I just won't expect great results.

If you can find this, I'd recommend picking it up simply to keep around since DMAA is getting scarce.