Villain Reviews

By: Heroform

Villain is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Heroform. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
9.1
  July 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increases Focus
  • Mixes Well
  • Plenty Of Servings
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Post Workout Crash

Villain preworkout by Heroform is a super strong and underrated preworkout in my opinion. Delivers a huge rush of energy along taken around 20 minutes before a workout.

When will power and maybe a cup of coffee before a workout doesn't quite cut it to keep you motivated through your workout, Villain delivers. A buddy of mine had told me about Villain and actually gave me the rest of his container because it was too strong for him. I was pretty ecstatic because I'd just run out of preworkout and I was feeling super groggy. Not only did it make me want to go to the gym, I felt like I could take over the world, metaphorically speaking.

One of the downsides of Villain is that it's a proprietary blend. The blend is a 5.5g blend per scoop that consists of beta alanine, caffeine anhydrous, creatine monohydrate, taurine, arginine aplha-ketoglutarate, theophylline, geranium extract, and schisandra chinensis berry extract. Because of the amino acid beta alanine, Villain gives you parasthesia (the tingling sensation), which I happen to love so this is a plus side for me. Caffeine of course adds to the stim factor, however it doesn't specify on the container how much caffeine it contains. Creatine monohydrate adds a little increase in strength to the user while taurine contributes to an increase in muscular stamina. AAKG has a pump effect and dilates the blood vessels allowing more blood to flow into the muscles (side note.... it also helps arouse sexual energy and prevent erectile dysfunction). Theophylline is typically taken by people with asthma and have trouble breathing, so it opens up the airways and increases oxygen intake. Geranium extract (or DMMA) elevates the mood of the user almost like an amphetamine, which is funny because when taken by itself in significant amounts shows up on drug tests as an amphetamine. Schisandra chinensis along with the additional ingredients sucralose, maltodextrin, citric acid, and erythritol are used for flavoring purposes.

I got the Blue Raspberry flavor and I thought it was decent, but it wasn't extraordinary or anything to look forward to. Sometimes I just take it dry and chase it with water and it burns the tongue a little, but I feel its effects sooner. The container doesn't give you directions of how much water to mix it with, so you kind of have to experiment to see what tastes best for you. After testing mixability with water, I determined that you get the best flavor when you mix it with 6 ounces of water. It mixed just fine, didn't clump up at the bottom at all.

Villain is one of the more effective preworkouts I've tried. I would take it about 30 minutes before a workout session and I would feel it's effects right away but it fully started kicking in 20 minutes after drinking it. I would begin to feel the tingles in my finger tips and palms and that's when I knew I was about to have a crazy work out. Once I put my earbuds in, it's game over. It gave me an almost euphoric head rush and I felt super focused and energized. I sustained this energy throughout my entire workout. One down side is that there was no great pump effect. By the end of my work out I felt an incredible lifter's high, or a sense of of peace and calm wash over me. However, it did leave me feeling very sleepy after I got home from my workout.

On the Heroform website, Villains runs at about $50 and is 45 servings. This puts one scoop of Villain at 90 cents. $50 may be on the high side for preworkout, however for 45 servings and the level at which Villain works, the higher price is worth it.

Side Effects

Besides the tingling, I did notice that Villain gave me a cold sweat while working out. Not a huge deal to me, but I was shivering a little bit while lifting. The only other side effect I noticed was that I crashed after my workouts and came home feeling sleepy and lazy. I was also left with a fantastic lifter's high though and I work out in the evening so the crash is worth it. Because of the crash though, this may not be a good preworkout for people who like to lift early in the day and need energy throughout the day.

Conclusion

Perhaps Villain is a little pricey, however the large serving size and its potency compensate for that. I would buy this preworkout again in a heartbeat. My favorite part of it isn't so much the huge rush of energy, but the elevated and focused mood that come with it.

• dmf8625
    July 23, 2018

In terms of effectiveness, did this pre provide any benefits in terms of pump and muscle power/endurance or was it just good for energy and focus?

Also in the ingredient profile section, you mention beta alanine as being a BCAA. To my knowledge, beta alanine is not one of the three BCAAs. Do you have a link to a site saying different?

• July 23, 2018

It did help increase my stamina a bit but what stood out the most was the boost in my focus and energy. As for referring to beta alanine as a BCAA, that was just a mistake in terminology.