(Better than 15% in Digestive Health)

My Gentle Detox is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Herbal Nitro. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

May 26, 2018

• Known Effective Ingredients
  • Regularity
  • Stool Softening
  • Gentle
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing

Was the Gentle Cleanse not enough for you? If so, should you step up to the Gentle Detox leagues? This review is going to be very similar to my review of the Gentle Cleanse product from the same company. (https://supplementreviews.com/herbal-nitro/gentle-cleanse/review/knock-55910#toprev) That is because I had the same results during this product run as I did with the previous.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle to run and compare to my experience with My Gentle Cleanse from the same brand. I had no cons to list while running the cleanse version and I know the detox version is supposed to be a little more aggressive.

Same as the Gentle Cleanse product, all the ingredients are hidden behind a prop blend. Again, this is not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain six ingredients for a total of 493mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Also used in the form of Casanthranol USP as a purified mixture of anthranol glycosides, Cascara is a botanical laxative of natural origin. When taken in small quantity, its laxative effect on the large bowel has been shown to lead to favorable changes in absorption, secretion, and motility. The bark, or historically called "sacred bark," helps increase the peristaltic action of the colon, and can help relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA LEAF -- Senna is an herbal laxative and a vital aid in gastrointestinal motility. When compared to Cascara Sagrada, its role in colon motility is more focused on the peristaltic action, or push, with a reduced absorption of water and electrolytes. Senna's powerful sennosides (anthraquinone glycosides) are highly and globally sought for their help in natural alleviation of constipation.

DANDELION -- Dandelion, today and for ages, has been used for minor digestive problems and diuresis. With dandelion's naturally high phenolic content, it should not be passed over because of its botanical antioxidant activity. The flower has also been shown to favorably affect different processes in the adipocyte life cycle-by attenuating adipose tissue growth and promoting lipolysis, it can play a beneficial role in oxidative stress.

ARTICHOKE -- Artichoke is a species of thistle that is often used for food, especially in Mediterranean diets. It has also long been implemented in herbal medicines, particularly for its antioxidant benefits and its choleretic and diuretic activities. In some studies artichoke leaf extracts have also demonstrated "antioxidative and protective properties against hydroperoxide-induced oxidative stress.

MILK THISTLE SEED -- Milk Thistle, otherwise known as silymarin, is a popular herbal supplement with liver-targeting activities. Silymarin extracts have been shown to inhibit several P450s in vitro, enzymes that catalyze the oxidative metabolism in the human liver, which significantly help cellular metabolism and can lead to the altering of immune and inflammatory responses.

SARSAPARILLA ROOT -- Sarsaparilla root is widely used for its capability in detoxicating, clearing heat and relieving dampness. It has been used as an herbal treatment to scurvy, rheumatism, psoriasis, and more; while one of its most prominent benefits is its rich phenolic content (which can act as an antioxidant) and concomitant anti-inflammatory activities.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. Based on my experience with the Gentle Cleanse product, I took each serving at night before I went to bed.

As I mentioned in the Gentle Cleanse review, normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. After how my body reacted to taking the Gentle Cleanse product, I knew that I was going to take each pill at night before bed and not experiment with taking it in the morning as I did before. Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Just like the product before this, that is exactly how everything worked out. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Just like with the Gentle Cleanse, along with my morning bowel movement I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day, just as the Gentle Cleanse product did. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. Again, there were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

It looks like the only place that you can currently purchase this product is directly from the Herbal Nitro website. The list price is $15.99 and free shipping if you order over $75 worth of product. Otherwise shipping looks to be between $4 and $6, depending on how quickly you want to receive it. I find this to be a great value when you factor in each bottle contains 30 capsules and you may not have to use it every day. Between $0.50 and $0.75 per serving for a product that will get things moving and provide effective relief is top notch in my book. You can also purchase this product along with the Gentle Cleanse as a bundle package for $22.50 on the website, compared to $32 if you purchased them separately.

The company also provides a 30 day "stress-free guarantee", so if you are not happy with the product just contact them and they will work something out with you. I would also do a quick search of the online coupon sites before purchasing. When I was researching the cost for this review, I noticed there were some coupons posted for their website that could save you more money. Plus if you happen to use the Ebates program, purchasing from this site will currently get you 15% cash back.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night. And no mid night or early morning bathrooms trips needed.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, I would recommend trying the Gentle Cleanse product from this company first. If that does not work, this Gentle Detox product would be the next step. There seems to be a higher possibility of side effects with this product based on other reviews, but thankfully I did not experience any of those. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last three months or more for under $20. As this product is the same cost as the Gentle Cleanse, produced the same results and still had no side effects for me; my rating is going to be same.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $15.99

March 7, 2018

• Known Effective Ingredients
    • When You Got To Go You Need To Go
    • Excessive Bathroom Trips
    • Laxatives

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to the brand Herbal Nitro for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I'm in bulking mode so I consume a lot of supplements and eat a lot of food, including junk food. I thought it was a good idea to take a Detox supplement considering it says it's gentle... lol. From what I can remember, it's the first time I take a detox supplement but I've taken a cleanse supplement before, which worked great for me and it was only 10 days of use. My Gentle Detox has 30 capsules and it's 30 servings, 1 capsule per day. So I really thought it would be "gentle". That's what she said... Oops O.o Let's see what happened...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

We have a 493mg Proprietary Blend of 6 ingredients. I don't mind Proprietary Blends as long as they work effectively, give me an idea they are not underdosed and are not too expensive. When it comes to supplements like Cleanse/Detox, I care even less about Proprietary Blends. User @DaSlaya did a great job explaining each ingredient and user @Momo1 gave a very brief description of each one. Hopefully "I" (my links) can add something new to what they said.

First ingredient is Cascara Sagrada Bark: It's a laxative approved by the FDA in 1939. "Cascara is commonly used by medical practitioners as a natural bowel preparation for colonoscopies or other intestinal procedures. After ingestion, Cascara starts working on the colon within six to 10 hours. This plant stimulates the mucosal lining of the colon, producing an active secretion of electrolytes and water. Thus, the bowel contents increases, putting dilatation pressure on the colon, which in turn stimulates movement of the feces." Source: https://www.livestrong.com/article/101644-cascara-sagrada-vs.-senna/

Senna Leaf: "Known primarily for its purgative properties, senna works as a natural laxative and is often taken in a capsule, pill, granule or tea format. Eating senna leaf or drinking senna leaf tea will encourage bowel movements. The leaf causes the walls of your large intestine to contract, which will push stools through your system. Because of this ability, senna leaf is helpful in relieving constipation, often leading to bowel movements within six to 12 hours after ingestion. In traditional Chinese medicine, senna leaf removes heat from your colon, helping get rid of waste from old food that has built up there over time." Source: https://www.livestrong.com/article/174419-senna-leaf-health-benefits/

Dandelion Root: It has several benefits, antioxidant benefits, liver protection benefits, anti-cancer benefits, etc. The ones linked with the purpose of putting it in this formula were a bit difficult to find but may be related to this: "The Institute of Agricultural Medicine in Poland tested therapeutic herbs for kynurenic acid, an amino acid that has generated interest for digestive system support, specifically bile production. The highest concentration of this compound was detected in Dandelion. Because Dandelion helps to stimulate bile production and bile transport toxins out of the body, dandelion root may support your body's natural immune response." Source: https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-dandelion-root/ Also this: "Dandelion root extract is helpful in enhancing digestion, as it contains diuretic properties and therapeutic benefits for people who experience constipation. Dandelion root tea is used as a tonic for many conditions related to the digestive system, such as an upset stomach, loss of appetite and intestinal gas. It's also used in treating gallstones. This powerful herb contains substances that may increase urine production and promote bowel movements, according to MedlinePlus." Source: https://www.livestrong.com/article/22865-benefits-dandelion-root/

Artichoke Leaf: "Artichoke (Cynara scolymus) leaf extract was one of the few herbal remedies which the clinical and experimental trials have complemented each other. Both experimental and clinical effects have been verified through extensive biomedical herbal remedy research. Specifically, antioxidant, choleretic, hepatoprotective, bile-enhancing and lipid-lowering effects have been demonstrated, which corresponded with its historical use. In animal studies, liquid extracts of the roots and leaves of artichoke have demonstrated an ability to protect the liver, with possibly even to help liver cells regenerate. Although research is not yet conclusive, scientists were optimistic that its long-standing use in humans for digestive and bowel problems was indeed justified." Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26310198

Milk Thistle Seed: It has several benefits but linked to this product, these are the ones linked: "Milk thistle, a natural herb that has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is commonly used to detoxify the body, especially the liver. As an herb that's considered a "hepatic, galactogogue, demulcent and cholagogue," milk thistle is thought to be able to promote healthy digestive function by helping with enzyme formation, increasing bile production, decreasing inflammation and soothing the mucous membranes throughout the body. Milk thistle benefits work by drawing toxins out of the body that can cause a range of symptoms and diseases - including cancer development, high cholesterol, diabetes, kidney stones, gall bladder disorders, negative effects of chemotherapy, alcohol use, skin damage and many more." Source: https://draxe.com/milk-thistle-benefits/

Sarsaparrilla Root: Protects the Liver and Has Natural Diuretic, Detoxifying Abilities. Source: https://draxe.com/sarsaparilla/

Overall, it seems to be a good blend. Some of the benefits of course depend on the dose so you might not get all the benefits linked with the ingredient. It's still important to know about them, in case you want to buy them separately. I would say this profile is 7/10. Good ingredients but considering I don't know their dose then it receives less points.

SIZE/TIMING

Size of bottle: 30 capsules. Small capsules, easy to swallow.

TIMING: It doesn't say when to take it. It only says to take 1 capsule daily with a large glass of water. Considering the effects start 4-6 hours after you take the capsule, then I took it at night or before sleeping, with a lot of water.

EFFECTIVENESS

So this was basically what happened during my consumption during 1 day:
    - Bathroom Trip #1: After waking up (Great).
    - Bathroom Trip #2: After eating breakfast (Again!? Ok...)
    - Bathroom Trip #3: After eating Lunch (Nooooo, my protein was all wasted!!)
    - Bathroom Trip #4: After drinking my Pre-workout
    - Bathroom Trip #5: Minutes after finishing Bathroom Trip #4 (yes, twice). I guess there was a tough battle between Cascara Sagrada and Citrulline lol.

That's a resume of what happened to me with this product. I'm like Daaaammnn, I must have a lot of dirty things inside my body! hahaha. I know I needed a Detox but going 5 times to the bathroom daily is not sustainable for so much time. I gave 5 capsules to my brother to see if the one with the problem was me and not the product. He took 4 capsules for 4 days and he also went to the bathroom atleast 4-5 times. He didn't want to take the fifth capsule hahahaha, I told him that some of you said it would stabilize so he gave it another chance and took the 5th capsule... Well, now he hates me hahahaha.

So from 25 capsules I took, the above resume is usually what happened. I liked how it worked with 2 or 3 capsules because it only sent me to the bathroom twice. There was only 1 day that I went to the bathroom only once, maybe my intestines were just tired from all the mess caused days before!

I'm dissapointed. Not even Nature Restore Astragin, who did a great job on me before taking this Detox, could solve this issue. Before this Detox, Astragin worked great on meals with high protein amounts for me. But after I started with the Detox, Astragin wasn't able to do its job... digestion of food was bad. Working gentle for me would be going to the bathroom once or twice per day, not 3-4-5 times! I was deceived... just like... ok enough.

VALUE

The product's website (www.herbalnitro.com) has it for $15.99. Save 10% when you buy 3+ and 15% when you buy 6+ I think that's a great price, I'm not giving it more than 7.5 because of the low effectiveness/side effects.

SIDE EFFECTS

Excessive Bathroom Trips.

CONCLUSION

I think the ingredients My Gentle Detox uses all have a solid credibility and effectiveness. So you may think they made a good selection. I think they added too much laxatives, they will either have to remove them or reduce them. Having bad digestion for a lot of hours during a day is not pleasant and it's not sustainable. I'm giving it a 5 because I could feel it working somehow, I just didn't like how it worked on me. It's the first product since I started in the SR TROOP program that unfortunately I wouldn't recommend :( BUT I see some potential in this product, maybe it needs a few changes. Which ones? Read below.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. So based on my research, there's 2 laxatives in the formula (Cascara Sagrada Bark and Senna Leaf). I would suggest removing both laxatives or atleast reducing their dose a lot and increasing the dose of the other ingredients. Of course that would impact the product a lot. You will have to make the testing if those changes would be positive or negative. I think that removing them would have positive changes and would be really gentle. There's no need to add laxatives if we go to the bathroom daily. I would prefer ingredients that do the job internally and not make me have extra bathroom trips from what's normal.

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $15.99

March 5, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Stool Softening
    • Regularity
    • Stomach Noises
    • Some Cramping

Hey SR, back at it again today to review Herbal Nitro's My Gentle Detox. I also reviewed their very similar product My Gentle Cleanse awhile back, and yes although extremely similar, there are some small differences that may make a difference for you. A lot of us havSase very extreme diets, and I am one of them. I like to be in ketosis, following a very strict low carb protocol. All of that meat, cheese, etc. can be pretty tough on your digestive system so having a supplement on hand to help with digestion/bowel movements is always nice. Here's how it worked for me.

The profile is extremely similar to My Gentle Cleanse, but does have some small differences. Included in the 493 mg prop blend is Casanthranol USP, Senna, Dandelion Root, Artichoke Leaf, Milk Thistle, and Sarsparilla. All of these are natural laxatives, detoxifiers, etc. I do like the addition of Milk Thistle here as liver health is extremely important. Definitely would like to see dosages here, but overall I do like the profile as when digestion/laxatives are concerned I prefer natural ingredients rather than harsh artificial/chemical ones.

Dosing is one-two pills a day on an empty stomach with lots of water throughout the day. I always took on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. No taste or mixability, pills were easy to swallow. Easy enough dosing.

Well, this definitely does it job. According to Herbal Nitro, Detox is aimed more for regularity and Cleanse more for stool softening. About 30-40 minutes after taking my stomach would make crazy noises that were pretty loud. Could be a little bit embarrassing at times. Accompanying these noises were sometimes some sharp pains but they would go away really quick. I never had the urge to go screaming to the restroom, but I'd say after I would eat my largest meal I would end up in the bathroom within an hour and the need was pretty urgent. I felt my stool was softened as well, but not as much as Cleanse. I felt this did a nice job of keeping me regular throughout my crazy diet and made passing bowel movements easier. I did feel a little bit more energy as well. Job well done, and much nicer than the medical/chemical alternatives.

Strong value here as well, $16 for a month supply is really nice considering you are getting natural ingredients.

Side Effects

Stomach noises, some sharp pains.

Conclusion

If I had to choose, I'd take Cleanse over this. It was just a little more gentle with less side effects. I would probably think someone who ate more food than me would benefit from this even more than me and probably have less side effects.

Overall
    Overall
    6.9
    6.7
      November 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Promotes Good Gut Health
    • Works As Advertised
    • Cleans You Out
    Herbal Nitro My Gentle Detox
    I had good results when I took Herbal Nitro's "Colon Cleanse", so when this became available to the Troopers I was curious as to see what the difference was. A detox product that is aimed at the Colon is something I'm not too sure I've seen before. But I'm sure my body could benefit from a detox anyways, so I jumped in.

PROFILE- 7
    Yes it's a Prop-Blend but to be honest, I'm not that concerned at the specific dosages of this, due to the nature of this product. Had it been a performance product or a PreWorkout; it'd be a different story. Within the 493mg blend is; Casanthranol root, Senna leaf, Dandelion root, artichoke leaf, milk thistle seed, and some good Sarsaparilla root. Like with their Colon cleanse, again I'm not sure if it's a good profile or not.

The bottle has 30 pills, one a day. No burps or heartburn or any problems taking this. So, is it any different, better, or worse then the Colon Cleanse? read on and find out.

EFFECTIVENESS- 7
    I had good results from their Colon cleanse product so i wasn't too sure how this would be different. But it was. Bowel movements were not as clean and together as the other product, but they did come with a vengeance! And it was a consistent affair. It was quiet uncomfortable, let me tell ya. After about 2 weeks, I noticed I'd have an odd energy after dropping the deuce. It felt like an espresso shot, and last for around an hour! My heart would race and everything. This was an interesting effect. Maybe it was my body reacting to the toxins making their grand exit. I didn't get any reduction in stomach bloating.

SIDE EFFECTS-6
    I had some gas and stomach discomfort, but nothing too bad. More like an "irritable bowel syndrome". There was some interesting sounds coming from my stomach and always when in the most quiet of settings! Also some irritation in the "bum" area, but that's from the nature of the movements and constant wiping.

VALUE-8.5
    15.99 on the Herbal Nitro website. Not a bad price at all for a month supply. It looks like it may have been available on Amazon, but no longer.

OVERALL- 6.8
    This one worked ok, I just didn't enjoy it as much as the Colon Cleanse. It felt less "refined" and more of a "just get it done". I didn't really feel any healthier or detoxed after taking this. It did get the BM's moving in a big way, so there's that. but with such a high bar set by their other Cleanse product, I was a little disappointed from this one.

November 24, 2017

• When You Got To Go You Need To Go

What's up SR family! I would like to start by saying thank you to Herbal Nitro and the Troopers for allowing me to give "My Gentle Detox" a run. I am a stronger believe of always keeping my internal systems functioning at the highest levels. Considering all the crap that is added in food and along with some of the supplements we use, it is always a good idea to keep our pipes clean.

The profile on "My Gentle Detox" is a mixture of goodies that makes up the 493mg per serving you get with "My Gentle Detox". Yes, we all would love to know the exact amount of the ingredients in "My Gentle Detox"; however, when companies put out new products, they need to protect their investment to recoup their research cost. In the 493 mg capsule, you get the following:

Casanthranol - This acts like a laxative to get your bowels moving and going. Senna Leaf - Another type of laxative, Milk Thistle - Which helps protect the liver from toxic stuff like methylated PH; it acts like an additional filer to the Liver. Sarsaparilla - This help with reduction of bacteria, which can increase in the small intestine, similar to the benefits of yogurt. Artichoke Leaf - This help with reduction of gas build up after we eat foods that are prone to increase body gases, like Broccoli; especially helpful for those who suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Taste - Looking at the capsules, which are green in nature, I did not attempt to taste them.

Mix - Nothing to mix, pop and go

Dosing - I played with the way I took it, which I will explain in the effectiveness section of my review.

"My Gentle Detox" worked well for me, as I mentioned before, I played with the dosing on this. The first time I took my serving, it was around 8am, on an empty stomach. I soon found out, that within 8 hours, it hits you and let me tell you, when it hits, you have to go. However, when it did hit me, I was stuck in traffic; not good. Therefore, I started taking my serving right around 5pm; this to me was very effective for a couple of reasons:

1. When it hit, I was home, and ready to attack the toilet.
    2. It was my alarm clock for me, by 430am, by stomach would kick me to get up and go.

In addition, I noticed that "My Gentle Detox" would work differently based on what I ate for the day. For example, if I ate heavy, something like pizza or a heavy Italian meal, the effects were activated faster. On days where I ate clean, the effects would take longer to hit; on average about 14 hours later after my serving. Furthermore, on the days I did eat heavy, I would go more than twice a day; hence, the Detox effects of what the product is intended for.

"My Gentle Detox" has a great value for what it does in helping the body get rid of nasty waste. At $15.99 from the company's website to $19.99 on amazon, it a sweet value; especially if you buy more from the site, you get a better deal. In addition, you get a full 30-day supply.

Side Effects

Other than the timing of taking "My Gentle Detox", just make sure to be near a restroom when it hits you; that about trying to hold it, will not work.

Conclusion

"My Gentle Detox" is one of those supplements that need to be in our regiment of things we take. With all the hormones added to our foods, it is key to keep our bodies free of nasty radicals, which float in our bodies, causing all sorts of havoc. In addition, for the price, "My Gentle Detox" is necessary to keep around. I would like to thank Herbal Nitro again for the opportunity.

September 19, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Promotes Good Gut Health
    • Works As Advertised

37 years old and I lift 4 days a week currently. I have never taken a Detox or a Cleanser type pill or formula before, and saw some past reviews on how good cleansing or detoxing the system makes you feel so I was intrigued. Having tried Herbal Nitro's Extreme Energy already, I knew that I should give this detox pill a shot when it was offered up. Lets see how Detoxified I felt!!

We have the Prop blend here, which I do understand for business reasons, but I still do not have to like it! However, something like this is not as bad since it does not contain important ingredients to your daily intake like Caffiene. Here we get 493mg of Casanthranol USP (Cascara Sagrada Bark), Senna Leaf, Dandelion Root, Artichoke Leaf, Milk Thistle Seed, and Sarsaparilla Root. Sounds like a walk through a garden Chris, okay, so lets break them down!

Casanthranol USP (Cascara Sagrada Bark): Cascara is a shrub. The dried bark is used to make medicine. Cascara contains chemicals that stimulate the bowel and have a laxative effect. Thats all from WEBMD, and the dose here is 20-30mg daily so I belive we are good to go here. I call this the mover ingredient!

Senna Leaf: Back to WEBMD for this one. Senna is an herb. The leaves and the fruit of the plant are used to make medicine. Senna contains many chemicals called sennosides. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel, which causes a laxative effect. 17.2-34.4mg daily is what is needed here, so again, bet we are good to go! This is called mover2!

Dandelion Root: Dandelion is an herb. People use the above ground parts and root to make medicine. Dandelion contains chemicals that may increase urine production (yup experienced this) and decrease swelling (inflammation). No good dose recommendation here, but another part used for constipation, so its all making sense.

Artichoke Leaf: Artichoke is a plant. The leaf, stem, and root are used to make "extracts" which contain a high conecntration of certain chemicals found in the plant. These extracts are used as medicine. Artichoke has chemicals that can reduce nausea and vomiting, spasms, and intestinal gas. These chemicals have also been shown to lower cholestorol. The only recommended doses here are for heartburn and high cholestorol, so I think this is really here as an aid to your intestine against all the mover ingredients!

Milk Thistle Seed: We see milk thistle in anything that wants to protect the body. Its unproven but milk thistle might protect liver cells from toxic chemicals and drugs. It also seems to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. I always love this ingredient, and glad its here! Protection is protection! No known dosing here.

Sarsaparilla Root: Chemicals in sarsparilla might help decrease joint pain and itching, and might also reduce bacteria. Other chemicals might combat pain and swelling (inflammation), and also protect the liver against toxins. Another protector and no known dosing!

Sure we have a prop blend, but its a nice blend of 3 laxative type ingredients and 3 protection ingredients. This gives you that piece of mind of a nice blend of a healthy detox situation, not one that will get rid of the toxins and the healthy stuff! Nice job here Herbal Nitro.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here, pills and did just fine at its small size. Funny thing is its a brown color, so you know what its for!!

Dosing: I took one with breakfast each day, worked best in my schedule! Will talk about how long it took to kick in for me in effectiveness so you can plan this around your schedule!

Overall this product is exactly as advertised a "Colon Detox Formula." Since this was my first time ever on a cleanse pill I was not sure what to expect, and really thought this would be a laxative that would immediately make you hit the bathroom within the hour of taking it. I was in a fraternity in the 90's and during our hazing err pledging portion we ate chocolate laxatives, so I know what that feels like and its pretty terrible. Good news is, this product was nothing like that.

The first 5 days I was on this I seemed to have to hit the bathroom to "detox" 2-3 times a day. Seemed every few hours I was in the bathroom and apparently had a lot of toxins to get rid of. No big deal when I was at home, but at work it got a little weird. However, by Day 7 the routine calmed down and since then until finish it was one bathroom toxin dump per day, which was fine. For me it was about 4-5 hours after I take the pill that my body would have to toxin dump, and there was not much choice in the matter. I would get about a 2-3 minute heads up in my stomach and no matter what I was doing it was time to hit the bathroom. So I suggest you plan to be in a comfortable area around that time depending on how you dose this. I am sure it will work different time wise for everyone, so the key here is getting that timing down and ensuring your in a good spot.

Funny thing is, if I would go out and drink beer and eat wings while watching football, or eat something bad, it seemed my body would get rid of the badness of that food within the hour. This is like a personal assistant in your colon to ensure you eat healthy! I think that is a pretty good effect to keep you honest to meet your dietary goals.

Its hard to say how much effect this actually had on me, but yes the product did work, and never left me feeling dehydrated or feeling that I dumped out all my good stuff in my body. From the smell and appearance of a session it truly did seem like I was getting rid of pure toxins in my body. I do feel better though, overall just gut health felt great, never had stomach aches or anything odd no matter how crappy I ate. I was happy I tried this out, and will keep in mind once or twice a year that I should cleanse.

Looks like you can buy this on Amazon or from Herbal Nitro themselves. Amazon has this for sale for $19.99 while Herbal Nitro sells 30 servings for $15.99, coming out to 53 cents a day. You get 10% off if you buy 3 or more bottles and 17% off if you buy 6 or more bottles. Seems like a fair deal to me, since the product itself ensures you get rid of the toxins while still protecting your vital organs like the liver. So yeah, good value!

Side Effects

None that you would not be aware of. The bathroom trips I do think are a side effect at all, rather the effect!

Conclusion

Let me thank Herbal Nitro and the TROOPer program for another great opportunity to try out their product! Being my first cleanse, I can see the benefits and overall I do feel better gut health wise. The value here is good, and your getting a very effective product for your money. If your in the market to get rid of some toxins in the body, then give this a shot, I highly recommend it!