(Better than 100% in Digestive Health)

My Gentle Cleanse is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Herbal Nitro. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

April 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gentle
  • Effective
  • Cheap
  • Feeling Of Wellbeing
  • Stool Softening

Ever feel like things just haven't been moving along lately? Feeling a little backed-up or that you are carrying around something extra that you'd rather not? If so, Herbal Nitro and My Gentle Cleanse may have you covered.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First off, thank you to Herbal Nitro for participating in the SR.com TROOPer program and making this product available for us to try and review. I picked up this bottle because there are times when I feel the internal plumbing is not working as efficiently as I would like it to. After reading the other positive reviews here on the site, I decided this product was something I needed to try. Let's see how it went.

While all the ingredients for this product are hidden behind a prop blend, it is actually not that big of a deal for me with a product like this. I do not believe there has been scientific studies done on these ingredients to prove what an efficacious dose is, as it likely depends on the individual and how their body reacts. Each capsule does contain five ingredients for a total of 487mg per capsule. They are:

CASCARA SAGRADA -- Historically known as "sacred bark," this plant has a natural laxative effect, and helps relieve and regulate the bowels.

SENNA -- An herbal laxative that helps the peristaltic action (the push) of your colon-mostly in the small intestine.

FENNEL -- A widely used herbal plant that's useful in more than just cooking. Fennel seed is great for its essential fatty acids and its digestive, antioxidant abilities.

DANDELION -- This pretty plant has a high phenolic content (it's an antioxidant), and helps with minor digestive problems.

ALOE VERA -- This plant has been considered a global panacea and used as a healing product for ages. Among its other uses, Aloe can be a soothing aid in bowel discomfort.

Taste >> Nothing to report here. Product is in pill form.

Mixability >> As with taste, nothing to see here. Move along

Dosing >> The recommendation is one pill a day with a full glass of water. The time of day you take it will vary based on the individual and their daily activities. I personally took most of the servings from the bottle each night before I went to bed.

Before I get into the effects of taking this product, I will briefly detail what a typical day would be like. Normally I would have one bowel movement in the morning shortly after waking up but on some rare occasions that wouldn't happen for the morning and would be pushed off until the afternoon or evening. I would say that my body was pretty consistent but could always use some improvement at times.

Now on to my experience while using this product. The first few servings I took of this product was in the morning shortly after waking up. For those times, I would always have my morning bowel movement then another later in the afternoon. Since I work swing shift, that afternoon trip to the bathroom happened when I was at work. While that is normally not an issue; work tasks and staff coverage could sometimes pose an issue if I really needed to leave and use the restroom. With that in mind, I decided to switch my intake to the evening before I went to sleep.

Since I typically eat most of my food in the evening, I would take my one capsule after my last meal right before bed. Using this dosing protocol did not cause any issues with sleeping or waking me up in the middle of the night to go. By taking this at night after eating all my food, it felt like the ingredients had all night to work through my body and produce the intended results. Thankfully, that is exactly how everything worked out for me. I would wake up around 9AM the next morning and everything would be ready to move on a consistent basis. There was never an urgent "Get out of my way!" occurrence during use of the entire bottle but I could definitely tell things were moving. There was no issue even if I happened to sleep a little later on my days off from work.

Along with always having my morning bowel movement, I would consistently have a second about three hours later just before leaving for work. This would rarely happen before I started taking this product, so I could tell this was a result of taking My Gentle Cleanse. Nothing else was different the rest of the day, so I can say this product was effective at making my bowel movements more consistent and increasing them by one per day. No pain, discomfort or issues to report from using this product. There were a few times that my stool was softer than normal, but I am not sure if that was because of this product or the food I ate the night before. Since this was not a consistent effect, I will just briefly mention it in this section.

It looks like the only place that you can currently purchase this product is directly from the Herbal Nitro website. The list price is $15.99 and free shipping if you order over $75 worth of product. Otherwise shipping looks to be between $4 and $6, depending on how quickly you want to receive it. I find this to be a great value when you factor in each bottle contains 30 capsules and you may not have to use it every day. Between $0.50 and $0.75 per serving for a product that will get things moving and provide effective relief is top notch in my book.

The company also provides a 30 day "stress-free guarantee", so if you are not happy with the product just contact them and they will work something out with you. I would also do a quick search of the online coupon sites before purchasing. When I was researching the cost for this review, I noticed there were some coupons posted for their website that could save you more money. Plus if you happen to use the Ebates program, purchasing from this site will currently get you 15% cash back.

Side Effects

None to report. I took this mainly at night before bed and it did not cause any issues with sleep. Some of the other reviews have mentioned stomach noise and gas but I did not experience those or at least they weren't severe enough to wake me up at night.

Conclusion

In the end, this product worked as intended with no side effects and would be a great investment for those who would like to be more regular on a consistent basis. I feel thankful to have not had any of the side effects that the other reviewers mentioned during their use. Not sure if that will be the case for anyone else who tries this product but it was a winner all around for me. If you are someone who is regular on a consistent basis with only occasional problems, this product would be worth having around for those times. Since each bottle is 30 servings, occasional use could have the bottle last six months or more for under $20.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

February 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Gentle
    • Stool Softening
    • Loud Stomach Noises
    • Some Cramping

Hey SR, here today to review Herbal Nitro's My Gentle Cleanse. About every 6 months or so I like to do a detox or cleanse to kind of "refresh." Also, since I have been utilizing a very low carb diet, bowel movements can become much more irregular, painful etc with a diet that consists of a lot of meat, cheese, etc. Herbal Nitro also has a companion product, My Gentle Detox, which is very similar and I tried as well. The profiles are ver similar, but My Gentle Cleanse was designed for hard bowel movements as a stool softener and My Gentle Detox for regularity. Here's how My Gentle Cleanse worked for me.

A pretty straight forward, simple profile, but also a prop blend. The profile consists of Cascara Sagrada (stool softening), Senna Leaf (colon push), Fennel (bloating), Dandelion (antioxidant), and Aloe Vera (soothing). All of these ingredients are used to help in digestion, stool softening, and help your bowel movements. I do like this more natural approach with herbs and plants rather than some of the more chemical based laxatives.

No taste or burps, easy to swallow pills. Dosage is one a day with lots of water, I always took first thing in the morning. Pretty simple and easy to take which is a plus.

Alright so how did this work. I can say that yes it is gentle, as for me it didn't make me rush to the bathroom right away. Some chemical laxatives will work too well in that respect and make for a rough day. In fact, some days I didn't even have a bowel movement which isn't too unusual for me as I'm cutting, not a lot of food, low carb etc. Because of this however, my stool is usually pretty hard and can make for a tough process. This however did an excellent job at stool softening as every bowel movement was very easy to pass. Not straight up water like some chemical laxatives which was also nice. Overall, I was very pleased with how this product helped soften my bowel movements.

I feel this has a great value at $16 for a full 30 days. It's not uncommon to find a cleanse/detox product for around $20 but usually they are of the 7, 10, or 14 day variety. To get a full 30 day supply at this price and coupled with it's effectiveness is a win.

Side Effects

As my title states, this could also be a little rough. Whenever I took this my stomach would make all kinds of weird noises. When someone was close to me it could be a little embarrassing. Also, as I stated, this didn't make me rush to bathroom as soon as I took it but when my bowel movement did come there would be a little stomach cramping and it did come urgently once I felt the need.

Conclusion

I really felt this product helped with softening my bowel movements and made life easier with my crazy diet. With a solid price and effectiveness I think this is a win.

September 14, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Feeling Of Wellbeing
    • Flatulence
    • Some Bloating
    SR, what is going! I would like to thank Herbal Nitro and the Trooper program for allowing me to run My Gentle Clean. As we take all sorts of supplements, sometimes we forget that in order for supplements and nutrition to absorb better, our digestive system need to be running at a 100%. I have been using digestive support for years as a way to keep myself clean. Therefore, when My Gentle Clean came up for the Troopers, I decided to give it a world!

My Gentle Clean is in a proprietary blend, yeah, we would have liked to see the actual amount of each ingredient; however, I understand when some companies want to protect their formula, they just disclosed what is in it. My Gentle Clean has the following goodies all mixed together as one big happy family: Casanthranol USP, Senna Leaf, Fennel Seed, Dandelion Root, and Aloe Vera Leaf. I am not going to review each ingredient in detail, since other members who review this before me did a great job in explain each one; I rather focus on the effects and sides I experienced while on My Gentle Clean.

Taste - unless you love the taste of hell, you go right ahead, open the capsule, and take it.

Mix - there is nothing to mix, pop the capsule, and let the ride begin

Dosing - this is where I had to play with, I initial took in the in AM, bad idea (I will explain in effective section); I decided to take it around 5 pm, one capsule.

My Gentle Clean worked very well, in my opinion, this should not be called Gentle, because when this kicks in, there is nothing gentle about, you just explode; to me in a number of occasions is what happened. I do have to say, sometimes I would have some great cheat days, I love to eat; therefore, on those occasions when I had a heavy meal is when the explosion occurred.

As I mentioned in the dosing section, the initial serving, I took as soon as I woke up; however, right around 3pm, while in a meeting, my intestine said "Dude, we got to go", and when you are on My Gentle Clean and you have to go, there is no way of holding. Due to the affect I had when taking in the morning, I decided to take around 5pm, which was the sweet spot for me. It seems when I took it, I did not have to go for 12 hours; it did its magic while I slept. In the morning, I can tell my digestive system turned on like a Big Rig; add room temperature water and get ready to rumble.

What I enjoyed while taking My Gentle Clean was, after going to the restroom, not to be too explicit, all it took was one push and everything came out. I felt lighter and a sense of wellbeing; very odd, but I figure it was due to the release of any toxins I had building up from the day before.

My Gentle Clean is about $16.00 for 30servings; great value for a product that works and works very well. In addition, if you do not take it every day, you can make this last up to 45 days, which makes it an incredible value.

Side Effects

My Gentle Clean did have some down side, when I took it every day, I noticed on the first week on, that by the 4 day, I was increasing some gas and felt a little bit bloated. Therefore, I decided to sometimes run it 2 days on and 1 day off. In addition, as I mentioned before, if you are in a meeting or in a situation where you do not have a restroom nearby, good luck chuck, My Gentle Clean will not have any mercy on you.

Conclusion

My Gentle Clean will be a stable to my regiment, not only to help keep my digestive system running at optimal levels, but to help eliminate any toxins from all the food we eat. Yeah, even if we eat organic, there are still certain bacteria that can still effect our bodies. My Gentle Clean will be especially helpful for those who may be running any compound, which can cause havoc in your body. In addition, for anyone who has digestive issue and have a hard time having a movement, this will be an excellent supplement to assist; of course, speak to your doctor before taking any supplements. I would like to thank Herbal Nitro for the opportunity to try My Gentle Clean.

September 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gentle
    • Cheap
    • Effective
    • Urge To Pee

First and foremost I would like to thank Herbal Nitro for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old male who has been doing everything within my power to loose weight. I have even gone through such extremes as stopped drinking alcohol all together. I'm dieting and counting my calories to make sure that I loose at least 2 pounds a week. It's been hard to shed pounds so I figured why not add this to my supplement just to help out.

This has a proprietary blend of ingredients that really isn't a big deal in these types of supplements.
    In each serving you get a total of 487 mg of active ingredients, here they are described as followed:

Casanthranol USP - It is a stimulant type of laxative. The drug irritates the lining of the bowel to secrete fluid and so produce softer or more liquid bowel movements. It's not recommended to be used long term. So after you are done with this give a it a while before using it again.

Senna Leaf - Senna contains many chemicals called sennosides. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel, which causes a laxative effect. Pretty much the same thing that Casanthranol does. Do not use this long term.

Fennel Seed - The oils found in fennel are stimulants and they stimulate secretion of digestive and gastric juices, while reducing inflammation of the stomach and intestines, and facilitating proper absorption of nutrients from the food. It also has anti-constipation capabilities so that it can help protect the body from intestinal problems.

Dandelion Root - Another herb that can act as a laxative and promote bowel movement. It works even better by combining it with Senna Leaves ... This stuff can help your kidneys, liver and aid the digestive system.

Aloe Vera Leaf - "Aloe vera juice helps digestion, normalizes acid/alkaline and pH balance, lessens yeast formation, encourages digestive bacteria and regularizes bowel processing". This is some good stuff ...

I took one tablet in the morning with my other pilled supplements.

Gentle is the key word here. Your colon will thank you for it. I'm hoping that now that I'm done with this cycle my intestines are also grateful. I was definitely grateful while i was on it. How can I explain ... you will sit on the toilet and enjoy yourself. It will ooze out nice and smooth while tickling your colon. This gives you the time and takes away your attention on what you doing so that you can come up with witty lines for your reviews :P. I enjoyed my run ... what can I say ... I think everyone needs this once in a while ... Although, because of the ingredients I would cycle from this after a bottle for while. Maybe once a quarter would be ideal but it's probably based on the individual needs.

This is currently valued at a 16$ per bottle for 30 servings. This comes out to 50 cents per serving. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't mind paying 16 bucks to relevate their intestinal pains.

Side Effects

When the bell rings for you to go ... you got to go! When it calls, the hold button has been eliminated and it's not an option.
    Also, while on this my peeing increased tremendously. At first when it hit me I went 3 times at night ... but after a while it dissipated to just once a night. In the end I could even hold off for the whole night but that was one once or twice only.

Conclusion

A really nice supplement to cycle in to your diet once in a while. I think it has a lot of benefits for your digestive system and the price makes it that more attractive to try. If I ever experience issues with my digestive system I know what to go for to make things go back to normal. If you feel that your having a hard time pushing things out I highly recommend this product. It will take you to that sweet spot where you can drift away and contemplate life. I want to thank you for reading this and wish you to enjoy dropping your knowledge.

August 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Gentle
    • Cheap
    • None

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Before I begin, let me post a warning. The nature of this product makes reviewing it somewhat graphic and/or gross in its description. If your reading this though, I assume you are expecting the details, if not looking forward to them. Here we go.

I want to start by saying that I do not have stomac problems and do not suffer from indigestion or bowel movement problems. I am quite regular, with a solid trip to the bathroom around 5:30 each morning following a large glass of water. Stool is usually solid and does not require much effort to produce. I decided to try My Gentle Cleanse to see if it would help empty out my system a little more due to the higher food intake I have been taking in. That's my background for this setup.

The ingredients listed on the label are part of a proprietary blend featuring 487mg. Usually with supplements I do not like to see prop blends but since this isn't a performance based pre workout or post workout where dosages matter in the long run, I am ok with it. As long as it works.

Casanthranol USP (cascara sagrada bark)
    -Cascara is a shrub and the dried bark is what is used to make medicines. It is often used as a laxative for constipation by stimulating the bowels. The amount here is unknown but based on the blend dose and the effects which will be mentioned later, it is probably not very much.

Senna Leaf
    -The fruits and leaves of the senna plant are used to make medicines. It is also used to treat constipation and clear the bowels. It is also frequently used fo treat irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It works by irritating the lining of the bowel to create a laxative effect.

Fennel Seed
    -It's used for various digestive problems like heartburn, intestinal gas and bloating. It makes sense to include it in this type of product. It works by relaxing the colon.

Dandelion Root
    -it is used to treat intestinal gas, upset stomac, and as a laxative to increase bowel movements. It contains chemicals that decrease inflammation, helping the process along.

Aloe Vera Leaf
    -It's used to treat inflammatory bowel disease. It is a laxative for constipation.

These are the ingredients, but as stated above, it is impossible to know the amounts in a proprietary blend. It is safe to say that each ingredient is included for a reason in this product. There are no unwanted fillers, just ingredients known to help ease the bowel movement process.

Taste
    -There is no taste as it is in pill form. No unwanted tastes or burps.

Mixability
    -N/A

-As per the recommendation, you take 1 capsule per day for a total of 30 days. There are in fact 30 full servings in the bottle and each pill is a standard size. Not very big and goes down easy.

- You can definitely feel this product work. The entire time that I used it, I could tell a difference from when I did not use it. That being said, I did not make very much of a difference. This is what I mean:
    Prior to taking this product, my stool was always consistent, hard in nature and easy enough to pass. It was always solid, usually in one piece with no "cut offs". I would always have to whipe a few times to clean up properly (as I assume is normal). I never struggled on the porcelain. Every since taking My Gentle Cleanse, my bowel movements are just as easy but a little softer. Not very soft to the point of being uncomfortable, but still noticeably softer. Also, when cleaning, I would only need one whipe, and it would ALWAYS produce what I call the "ghost whipe", which is highly exciting by the way.

These were the only differences that I personally experienced. However, like I mentioned earlier, I never had problems with my digestive system, but I could see that someone who does would greatly benefit from this product.

At the time of writing this review, it can be had for $15.99 which I would say is pretty good value for someone who is suffering from digestive issues. I know that if I were, 15 a month would not be missed.

Side Effects

No side effects other than the desired ones mentioned earlier.

Conclusion

Even though I did not see crazy results from this product, I beleive that it is very well formulated and can be a great asset for someone who is looking for digestive releif. At $15 a month, you really have nothing to loose by trying it. I am thinking of continuing to take it, just for the ghost whipes alone.

Overall
    Overall
    9.1
    9.3
    9.4
      July 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gentle
    • Effective
    • Flatulence
    Ok, so this offering from Herbal Nitro is the one sleeper product that I knew would help me, but I had NO IDEA how much help I really needed! I'll try my best to not be gross and childish as I review this, but (let's face it) this product is marketed to do one thing and one thing well; empty out the old Poop Chute! Huge thanks to Herbal Nitro for making this available to the TRoopers. A few months ago I hit the big-40, and boy does my body not work like it used to. Going Number-2 meant sitting for long periods, endless wiping, only to realize you're never really done evacuating Those Bowels! Yup it does get uncomfortable, but I think I just accepted it as my life now. But I learned, that there IS a better way.

PROFILE- 7
    Yes it's a Prop-Blend but to be honest, I'm not that concerned at the specific dosages of this, due to the nature of this product. Had it been a performance product or a PreWorkout; it'd be a different story. Within the 487mg serving, there's Casanthranol USP, Senna Leaf, Fennel Seed, Dandelion Root, and Aloe Vera Leaf. I can't say if any of this is good or bad, as Colon Cleansing isn't something I've taken seriously in the past.

The bottle has 30 pills, one a day. No burps or heartburn or any problems taking this. So, did it deliver as promise? Let's find out.

EFFECTIVENESS- 9.5!!!
    I didn't expect much on the first day i took this. Boy was i mistaken! Within a few hours i felt i gentle rumbling in my upper stomach. Eventually, that feeling shifted south, until that uneasy feeling overwhelms you and its GO-Time!!! The actual BM was (how do i say this) soft but not messy? Solid yet smooth? And about as clean as you could hope for. I switched to taking this at night before bed, and awoke to some very lengthy, yet very cleansing, morning toilet sessions! On the label it says safe and gentle and it really is! At the end of the month, i really felt like i had been "purged" and just had an overall sense of better health. And was dropping deuce 3-4 times a day! Now, word to the wise; get familiar with the term "courtesy flush" or pay the price! Also, you may be temped to take a peek at your cleanse results but please don't; consider yourself warned. Ok now seriously, the effectiveness and gentleness of this product was absolutely impressive! About the only way to improve it would be if i didn't need to wipe at all! Better overall feeling, stomach discomfort gone, what more do you want? Bottom line is this; I didn't realize how uncomfortable I had been living until I took this.

SIDE EFFECTS-8.5
    Aside from some minor gas, and an uneasy rumbling in the stomach; there really isn't much to fault at this product. I mean, considering what it's intended to do! Oh, and don't be surprised if someone thinks your house has a gas leak! Also, when the urge to go hits, there is no saying "I'll just hold it away for later", trust me.

VALUE-9.9!
    Its 15.99 on the Herbal Nitro website! i searched for other places to buy it, but found none. At that price I may just make it a staple in my cabinet!

OVERALL- 9.5
    I don't know if any of my Hispanic readers are familiar with the Mexican "ballerina" dieter's tea, the one with 3 ballerina silhouettes on the box. Those 3 ballerina Bi#ches will inflict pain and misery upon your cornhole. THIS is nothing like that! Sure you could just eat a bunch of Taco Bell to achieve similar results, but you're gonna have a bad time. If you've hit the later side of 30's, or have had uncomfortable stomach issues, or are eating a high protein diet with very little fiber, I highly recommend you give this a whirl! Hope I didn't get to gross or offensive in this review, but it's the nature of the beast.