Tongkat Ali Root Extract 200:1 Reviews

By: Healthy Life Solutions

Tongkat Ali Root Extract 200:1 is a Sexual Health Product manufactured by Healthy Life Solutions. It helps improve libido, stamina and performance.

Overall
Overall
6.1
6.6
  March 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Occasional Moderate Libido Increase
  • Overall Not Notably Effective

I am a 20 year old natural bodybuilder at the University of Arizona. I have been interested in supplements since I first started lifting and got very involved with researching the clinical studies on them. I run an fitness page on instagram @boonbrandon as well.

Tongkat Ali 200:1 extract (higher concentration than some which offer only 100:1) in 800 mg per serving (two pills). Also known as longjack or eurycoma longifolia. This is claimed to boost testosterone, act as an aphrodisiac of sorts boosting libido and give energy etc. (as a result of test levels increased)

Dosing is easy, just two small capsules. No taste issues or obviously any mixability issues. It says to dose 5 days on 2 days off but I figured I would use all 30 servings consecutively because I was under the impression "cycling" on and off is for longer period use and I was just trying for a month so I wanted to use it to its full potential of effectiveness.

I know I am young so some of you reading this may say "well of course it didn't work for you, testosterone boosters only work for older people with lower test." Well, first of all I have tried DAA before which in fact can* (conflicting research) boost testosterone even in young men 18-24 and I felt more of an effect from that than I did from the tongkat ali even though I had higher hopes of this. I tried this because in a harsh caloric deficit like the one I was in, sometimes you lose energy "desire" etc. and I wanted to see if this helped. It seemed to have an occasional effect. It would "kick in" sometimes I would feel and I would feel a boost in drive and desire but was unpredictable it seems. Some days were effective and others it's like nothing was different.

Value is a mixed bag. 60 dollars for 30 servings isn't necessarily cheap, at 2 dollars per serving. However, many tongkat ali supplements ARE very expensive given it seems to be difficult to source or produce products with since so many companies charge this much for it. For example, another company on Amazon sells the same 200:1 extract in 400 mg pills and gives 50 pills for 58.50, so there is only 25 servings instead of 30 for roughly the same price. However, you can also find the Nutricost 200:1 Extract, 60 pills of 500 mg for ONLY 13.95, which is actually more tongkat ali for less than 1/3 of the price.

Side Effects

Honestly had no undesired side effects from this. Some people say testosterone boosters/libido enhancers, or related ingredients like DAA can give you pretty bad acne etc. but this did not carry any of those.

Conclusion

Overall, I had very high hopes for this product and sometimes* I could feel the positive effects (libido energy etc) while on a caloric deficit where usually those drop, but it was hit and miss in effectiveness and I am definitely not sure if it is worth the price at 2 dollars per serving.

4.5
3.0
  February 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Occasional Moderate Libido Increase
  • Overall Not Notably Effective

A special thanks to Healthy life Solutions for their participation here on Sr.com and an apology for the slight tardiness in this review. Today, I discuss my experience with their Tongkat Ali extract supplement. Tongkat Ali is not something that is frequently used standalone as it is often included in test boosters with additional ingredients. However, at the right dosages, it may provide subsequent benefit to some users.

As you'd already guess, the product contains one ingredients:

Tongkat Ali Extract 200:1 at 800mg per 2 capsule serving. It's useful to note that other names for tongkat ali include longjack and eurycoma longifolia.

Extract from tongkat ali is best known for its ability to act as an aphrodisiac and ability to boost testosterone. Some studies suggest it to also be able to potentially have cortisol inhibiting properties and some benefit to mood as well.

The effective dosage range can vary from 500-800mg, though some users have touted benefits as dosages as low as 200mg.

The directions advise 2 capsules to be taken each day on a 5 days on, 2 days off cycle protocol. I took 2 caps in the morning on weekdays and did not take the product on weekends. I took the product both with food and without food at times. Either way didn't seem to make a difference.

Being that tongkat ali is known exclusively for its libido enhancing and test boosting qualities I'm going to be base my efficacy rating on these effects.

I did not experience an overly significant boost in my libido overall. I only experienced occasional moderate upticks in my libido with slightly more frequent erections at few times. While I naturally have no problems in the libido department, I was expecting more of a benefit based on my experience from natty test boosters with tongkat ali in the past. However, in all, the libido benefits I did receive were infrequent and disappointing.

In terms of test boosting properties, I did not experience any signs or benefits that would suggest a notable testosterone boost. I had no increased aggression, no improved recovery, no difference in strength or mass, no change or improvement in mood, not even an extra acne flare.

In summary, this product was not a 100% miss, must overall disappointing.

The product is currently only available through the company's own website at 60 dollars for a full 30 servings bottle. Compared to the price of more effective test boosters I've used in the past of cheaper price, this is not at all a good value. This is especially considering the lack of efficacy and results.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While I do believe tongkat ali can benefit some other users, this product simply did not work well for me. The infrequent, occasional moderate increases in libido and erection quality as well as the lack of testosterone boosting effects, make this product not one I would recommend. I would say, invest in cheaper more effective, broad spectrum ingredient test boosters instead.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Overall
Overall
3.5
4.3
2.7
  February 11, 2018

Cons:

Thank you to healthy life solutions for letting me try their Tongkat ali root extract. I was really hoping to see some sort of drive enhancement with this product to help balance out things in life with intense work and fitness schedule. This product is "pure" tongkat Ali or commonly know as Longjack. Unfortunately my experience and results were everything that I didn't want to see.

Ingredient profile is simple and straight forward

Longjack root extract 200:1 with a serving of 2 veggie caps for 800mg

Other ingredients are vegetarian capsule and Microcrystaline Cellulose

right off that bat....there is a weird taste to this. Yes its a veggie capsule, and I have had veggie capsules before but this one actually had an unpleasant taste to it. To me this was strange but I thought I could look past it given the potential positive effects that this could have. There is nothing to mix so that is not an issue. Dosing is 2 pills. Since I was not effectively seeing results I would add either a 3 or 4th pill just to see if that generated anything and sadly it did not.

In a 0-10 scale this holds strong at a 0. I don't know what happened or what the deal was, but there simply was no effect on me with this. I have had better results with a multivitamin. I did not feel an increase of energy at all, it was not a magic pill that make it easier to get an erection, or for that matter make them harder or more vascular. Simply put, this pill did nothing for me except taste funny.

Value is another strike. So you can find this product on their website for $60 for 30 servings which is $2 a serving and that is $2 too much. For that price you can find a Pro Hormone or a test booster on sale and yield better results.

Side Effects

I did notice that when I would take this, I would randomly get very dull headaches. I don't know if it was just me, the environment that I was in, or this product.

Conclusion

So one thing this product did was make me self conscious that my libido and bits and pieces do not function anymore. I see reviews about folks who try sexual health supplements all of the time and how effective they are and here I am sitting here throwing down longjack with nothing to show for it. I was excited that this product was coming out of Washington State which means it is local to me and I like to support local business, but they really dropped the ball. I do not want to go out and question the purity of the supplement because I am not a scientist nor do I have the lab to do that kind of test, but for me if I paid $60 for something that showed even lesser results of a placebo I would be pissed. I guess live/learn, and know that my junk isn't broken and find something else to try.