Calibrate V2 Reviews

By: HD Labs Nutrition

Calibrate V2 is a Pre-Workout manufactured by HD Labs Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
6.6

6.8
3.5
  August 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Fully Disclosed Profile
  • Underdosed Ingredients

Not a bad experience for me, but under-dosed in most supportive capacities and far too expensive.

After some poor experiences with stim-heavy pre-workouts, I've been sticking to lower-stim products with fully disclosed profiles. I'd no experience with HD Labs Nutrition before and thus decided to grab Calibrate, which met the aforementioned criteria, when it became available to the Troopers.

Thus far all the reviews of Calibrate are in consensus - most of the ingredient profile is significantly under-dosed at one scoop. The actual profile isn't bad; it's comprised of most of the usual players for improved energy, endurance, and vasodilation it's just lacking across the board. A few examples:
Beta-Alanine - recommended dose of 2-5g - Calibrate serves up 1.6g per scoop
L-Citrulline Malate - recommended dose 6-8g for sports performance - Calibrate serves up 500mg per scoop
Citicoline - standard therapeutic dose 500mg-2g daily - Calibrate contains a measly 12.5mg per scoop

Truly, the one bright spot for me was the stim profile, which is the reason I grabbed this product in the first place. At a somewhat low ~225mg of two types of caffeine per scoop and lacking any other ancillary stimulants, I figured Calibrate would provide just the right amount of clean, sustained energy for a 30 minute lifting session

I received the Raspberry Punch flavor which I very much enjoyed. A good, balanced red raspberry flavor that wasn't overly sweet or tart, and didn't have a lingering aftertaste.

No issues at all with clumping or foaming. One scoop dissolves quickly and easily in 12 oz. ice water. I drank down each dose about 20 minutes pre-workout on my way to the gym

All in all I had a decent experience with Calibrate despite the under-dosed profile.

The stimulants worked well for me and were exactly what I expected in terms of effectiveness. I noticed the boost in energy pretty swiftly after each dose and had no issues with cold sweats, jitters, or anything along those lines. A good kick that lasted me through most of my workout, and I felt comfortable grabbing my usual large iced coffee afterward. Certainly not as powerful as other products, but that was not what I was after. Also worth noting that I lift for maintenance and my workouts are just not that intense. I'm a father of two - I'm not looking to compete and get hooooooge. I'm fighting the dad bod with conservative workouts that minimize injury risk.

I did still feel the Beta Alanine tingles slightly, despite the fact the dose is just below the recommended threshold of 2g. No noticeable differences in strength as a direct result of this product, however my workouts are hypertrophy focused and if you've read any of my recent past pre-workout reviews, you'll note I generally am not looking for a product to provide strength increases. Same deal for endurance, though I'm always running an intra-workout BCAA that usually contains electrolytes for this exact type of support.

The industry average for preworkouts, from my research, is right around $1.00 per serving. If you want to go for a product that touts high quality, clinically dosed ingredients (Outlift for example) you can expect to pay closer to $1.50 per scoop.

Calibrate is only available on the vendor's own website at a STEEP price of $50 for 32 scoops / $1.56 per serving. Unfortunately this is really where Calibrate lands in the "would not recommend" category for me. There's too many basic products out there with similar stim profiles that can be purchased for FAR cheaper. And the rest of the profile is just too under-dosed to warrant this price point, especially considering most hardcore pre-workout junkies are going to want to double-scoop this supplement. No, unfortunately I can't swallow this price point for this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I didn't hate Calibrate or find it to be a bad product, it's just far too expensive and needs a lot of tweaking to the ingredient profile to make it a true contender. If this was way less expensive, say .80c per scoop, I'd change my ranking to Would Recommend as I think it's a good, moderate-stim pre-workout that would work well for supplement noobies. If the dosages were fixed and actually hit the daily recommended levels (again, see Outlift) then yeah, I might think again about grabbing this product. For now though, this is just not a viable option in the hyper-competitive landscape of pre-workout supplements.
  • Raspberry Punch : 8/10

August 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Energy
  • Nearly Ineffective

A Special thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, my apologies for this review being late. Calibrate V2 is overall unimpressive from my experiences and needs significant improvement in many areas.

Today, I discuss my experience with HD Labs Nutrition pre workout Calibrate V2. I consider myself somewhat of a stim junkie and love to try new pre workout formulations. Pre workouts have become a especially handy for me since I began my new career and engaged in more frequent cardio sessions during recomp intervals. Of course, I will undergo "off" cycles to help prevent adrenal downgrade, which I believe is vital to ensuring pre workouts are still effective for the user. Calibrate V2 looked like a more modest formula compared to others I've tried, but still looked worth a try.

The profile is fully disclosed with all ingredients and dosages included. Though, I've never been fond of the cluttered, "dosages in parenthesis" type format. Also, much of the ingredients is underdosed.

Each serving size is one scoop.

The profile begins with vitamin D at 1,250IU, niacin at 15mg, magnesium at 80mg, chloride at 60mg, and sodium at 40mg

Next is the Advanced Strength & Output Amplifier complex dosed at 5.1g containing 4 main ingredients. They include beta alanine at 1.6g, creatine monohydrate at 1.5g, MagnaPower at 1.0g a.k.a Magnesium Creatine Chelate, and trimethylglycine at 1.0g. While these ingredients are all good for endurance, energy, and overall anabolic support, they are quite underdosed. Each of these ingredients has a general effective dosage quantity that can be as high as 5g.

Following is the Extreme Vasodilation & Muscle Oxygenation Matrix dosed at 625mg containing 2 ingredients including L citrulline malate at 500mg, and HydroMax (glycerol powder) at 125mg. These are both well known for their pump and swole-feel enhancing benefits, but again we have significant underdosing here. To not even have a full gram of citrulline malate alone is ridiculous.

Lastly is the High Performance Energy & Nootropic Blend dosed at 240mg containing 3 ingredients including caffeine at 125mg, dicaffeine malate at 102.5mg, and citicoline at 12.5mg. The dosage of caffeine for all users is variable depending on each user's preference. So the caffeine sources are not too underdosed, but the citicoline needs to be dosed higher.

The only available flavor at this time is raspberry punch. I thought the flavor was good, though it did have a slight chemical like aftertaste.

It mixed fine in water without any sediment or grit.

During the initial three weeks I took one scoop 15-20 minutes before my workout. In the remaining days, I bumped up to two scoops to see if an increased dosage would better the effects. Again, the two scoops were mixed with water and taken 15-20 minutes pre workout.

Calibrate was not a total miss and did get the job done. However, I feel there can be improvement in several areas.

Energy (6/10): Even two scoops, the energy was average at best. It was clean, but not consistent. It would eventually wane in the latter portion of my workout and simply was not an overall impressive surge like I would better prefer. I was not expecting it to bounce me off the walls, but I feel it could've been better

Focus (1/10): The focus was borderline non-existent. The little focus that I barely got was in no way satisfactory and I did not have that improved mindset or sharpened instinct that I often look for in a pre workout.

Pump (3/10): I experienced barely any increased pump or swole feel. The highly underdosed l-citrulline malate and glycerol powder did little to pump my physique even during high volume compound sets.

Endurance (0/10): Again resulting from the lack of proper dosing, my endurance did not seem to benefit from Calibrate V2. I did not have any pwo induced longer or harder training intervals outside of what I would normally do. My endurance is normally high, but I would still be able to notice an increase given my past experiences with other PWOs.

In summary, even with an additional scoop, Calibrate V2 simple failed to deliver in nearly all areas.

Calibrate V2 is only available through HD Labs Nutrition own website at 50 dollars for a 32 serving tub. Considering the lack of results and that two scoops will most likely be needed for most bigger users such as myself, I find that value to be insufficient and too expensive. Significantly better pre workouts I've used on today's market may go for the same or even lower that 50 dollars. All things considered, Calibrate V2 is not worthy of an investment for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While everyone is different and may find themselves contempt with this formula, I was overall not impressed or satisfied with this product. The lack luster energy, borderline absent focus and pump, and no affect on endurance, makes Calibrate V2 a "no go" for me. To improve this product, I would significantly increase the dosage quantities of all of the included ingredients, lower the price, and add some additional focus and pump enhancers like agmatine sulfate. I'd say, it may be worth a try to those who prefer more modest dosed formulas, otherwise keep this one on the shelves and look elsewhere.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Raspberry Punch : 7/10

Overall
Overall
6.6
  July 12, 2018

• Underdosed Ingredients

Once again I would like to give a big thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for giving me another opportunity to review one of their products. This review is for Calibrate Performance Pre-Workout, I'm always on the lookout for a new pre-workout formula to try. Before these reviews I've never heard of HD Labs before as they aren't widely available. Here goes my review.....

The ingredient profile has a transparent label that features three main categories:

Base Ingredients (5 ingredients)
Vitamin D 1,250IU
Niacin 15mg
Magnesium 80mg
Chloride 60mg
Sodium 40mg

Advanced Strength & Output Amplifier 5.1g (4 ingredients)
CarnoSyn Beta Alanine 1.6g - Enables muscles to work at higher rates (Non-Essential Amino Acid)
Creatine Monohydrate 1.5g - Provides energy to the muscles (Naturally Occurring)
MagnaPower 1.0g - More solubility than creatine monohydrate (Magnesium Creatine Chelate)
Trimethylglycine 1.0g - Known as Betaine: Works similar to Creatine

Extreme Vasodilation & Muscle Oxygenation Matrix 625mg (2 ingredients)
L Citrulline Malate 500mg - N.O. enhancing effect
HydroMax 125mg - Better hydration/Pumps (65% Glycerol Powder)

High Performance Energy & Nootropic Blend 240mg (3 ingredients)
Caffeine 125mg - Energy enhancer (stim)
Infinergy Dicaffeine Malate 102.5mg - 73% caffeine per 1g using malic acid instead of citric acid
Citicoline 12.5mg - Nootropic enhancing focus/concentration

A good list of ingredients however most of them are under-dosed.

Taste - I received the Raspberry Punch flavor which is the only one currently available. I enjoyed the flavor as it wasn't too sweet but it had a little bit of a chemical tasting after taste. Overall I'd give taste a 7/10.

Mixability - There was some settling with the creatine however after a few shakes it went away. Otherwise there were no issues with clumping.

Dosing - Mixed 1-2 scoops depending on energy needs with 6 oz of water: drank 20-30 min before training.

In terms of effectiveness Calibrate was a hit or miss for me depending on the amount of scoops I took. While taking the one scoop serving before training I only noticed a slight increase with my performance levels. Energy was the biggest hit but it wasn't a big increase, some days I didn't feel much of anything at all. With strength/vasodilation (NO levels) as the other two areas I was focusing on there wasn't much there. However when I used a two scoop serving it felt like a pre-workout should in my mind. All levels were a hit and my performance levels definitely increased during my workouts. Overall it was underwhelming at one scoop and solid with two scoops - however using two scoops leaves you with 16 total servings.

The only value I could find was on the HD Labs Nutrition website for $50. Each tub contains 32 servings so you're looking at around $1.56 per serving. For an under-dosed pre-workout that may need a two scoop serving: its a big price to pay. There's not too many pre-workouts that I'd pay $1.56 oer serving - and if they are worth that price its because of the effectiveness/ingredient profile.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion HD Labs Nutrition Calibrate was a hit or miss for me. One scoop didn't do much however at two scoops it was much more of a hit. Things that are hurting this product: Under-dosed ingredients/Price and those are two big areas of emphasis. I'd like to see the ingredients dosed properly or take some ingredients out and replace them with others. Once again I'd like to thank HD Labs Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
  • Raspberry Punch : 7/10

July 12, 2018

Cons:

A well-dosed preworkout product using patented ingredients that when double-scooped gives reliable results in the gym.

Good evening SR community, tonight I will be putting down my review for HD Labs preworkout product, Calibrate V2. A big shout out to HD Labs for participating in the TROOPs program, and for shipping this product to me on the other side of the world. I have been taking quite a few full-spectrum preworkouts lately, so when the chance to log Calibrate V2 came up, I was interested to see how it would stack up. Let's get down to it.

8.2/10

A first look at the ingredient profile sees 3 individual profiles essentially promoting the different aspects of the product, Strength, Vasodilation/pump and energy. There's a splattering of other bits and pieces too, with a little bit of Niacin the only one worth mentioning. While the profiles are divided in 3 sections, all the ingredient amounts are listed, which I'd like to say is a breath of fresh air, but really this should just be the standard. Well done HD Labs.

Strength Profile - Patented Beta-Alanine is good, but dosed at 1.6g per scoop leads you towards dropping 2 scoops per serving. 2.5g of creatine sources is included, which again leads you towards double-scooping, as does the 1g of trimethylglycine (better known as betaine), which is about half the dose you would consider 'clinical'. A double scooper from the looks of this blend.

Vasodilation/Pump Profile - This profile is really under-dosed at 1 scoop, and still underdosed at 2 scoops in my opinion. 500mg of Cit Mal is nowhere near enough, and even 1g at 2 scoops is not enough to induce a pump in most people. 125mg of Hydromax, despite the fact I like they've used a patented form of glyercol, is not enough to really be effective in my opinion.

Energy Matrix - Solid amount of caffeine is included in Calibrate V2, especially if you double scoop, then you're looking at close enough to 400mg, which will wake you up. The 12.5g of Citcoline is a bit of a strange one, considering the effective doses I found online range from 250-2000mg.

All in all a pretty solid ingredient profile using patented ingredients when dosed at 2 scoops. At 1 scoop it's well underdosed in pretty much every area (strength/pump/energy).

I received the raspberry punch flavor and it was quite enjoyable to drink down, although with a hint of chemical aftertaste. I was able to get through the entire tub without dreading taking it, which is a good sign as some preworkouts packed with ingredients do have a tendency to taste a bit bleah.

Mixability was excellent, only a swirl or 2 in the shaker required to completely dissolve the ingredient. No residue was recorded.

Initially I dosed at 1 scoop about 20 minutes before my workout, but aside from a slight tingle from the CarnoSyn, I didn't feel much out of it. When I upped the dose to 2 scoops I really felt the energy jolt as well as the other ingredients working in my workout. Unfortunately the caffeine was a bit much for me so I ended up settling at about 1.5 scoops.

8.3/10

I'll divide this section up into the categories listed on the front of the label, Strength, Energy, Endurance.

Strength - When dosed at 1.5/2 scoops I felt that the energy punch from Calibrate V2 gave me great focus in the gym to be able to lift the weights I needed to lift. It's winter here at the moment, so I'm looking to build up some size and lifting heavy as often as I can, so a good focusing preworkout that gives me strength gains is just what im looking for. With around 5g of creatine and a good whack of caffeine you should see strength gains, and I certainly did. I cant quantify exactly what my gains were, as I did not do any 1RM days whilst on Calibrate V2, but I did notice that from week to week I was always increasing either my weight or my reps.

Energy - Well at 2 scoops you're getting close to 400mg of caffeine and if that doesn't do it for you then not much will aside from meth. 400mg ended up being too much for me so I settled somewhere around 300-350mg caffeine and that gave me a good jolt 20mins after ingesting that lasted a 2 hour workout no worries. The energy was not the fully zoned in on rails effect some preworkouts can do, but it was acceptable nonetheless. I did not note much of a crash either.

Endurance - Not really sure which ingredients apart from CarnoSyn are going to help with endurance in this product, but I did not really notice an improvement in endurance. Having said that, it's quite cold here at the moment, so you're not blasting workouts full of sweat like you do in summer. It would be interesting to give Calibrate V2 a run in the middle of summer when your energy is sapped by the weather as well as the weights, to see how it would stack up.

I should also note that as predicted by the ingredient profile, I did not notice great pumps or vasodilation whilst taking Calibrate V2.

Calibrate takes a hit here. The new formulation V2 is not widely available, in fact I was only able to find it on the HD Labs site, where it sells for $50 for 30 servings. Considering I needed to dose at 1.5/2 scoops, you're going back to 15-20odd servings per $50. Only the very best preworkouts can command that price and still be considered good value. If the price could be in that $30-40 mark, then the value would be improved for sure.

Side Effects

None to report here.

Conclusion

I thoroughly enjoyed my time taking Calibrate V2, which gave me great energy and some strength gains. If I had to sum up Calibrate V2 as a preworkout in 1 word, it would be reliable. I knew what I was getting every time I took it. I knew what I'd get from 1 scoop, 1.5 scoops and 2 scoops. There were no surprises, which is refreshing in a supplement. However, there are some shortcomings, namely the pump/vasodilation package, and the price/value. If those could be adjusted then HD Labs would have a really solid preworkout, up there with the top stuff. Would I buy Calibrate V2 with my own money? I have to be honest here and say for that price and the fact I'd be dosing it at 1.5/scoops, I'd be looking elsewhere. Would I recommend Calibrate V2 to others? As a beginning or casual gym goer, It's not a bad (albeit expensive) preworkout using proven ingredients. But for anyone other than that I'd probably suggest better value preworkouts. Thanks to HD Labs once again for allowing me to log this product.
  • Raspberry Punch : 8/10