PRICES
(30 sv) - [$1.00/sv]

HardCut Supps
You are viewing a single review (#1 of 4)
Click here to show all DOSED Pre Workout reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to HardCut Supps for sending it out!
  September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Good Pumps
  • Nice Profile
  • No Prop Blends
  • No Dyes

First off I want to thank HardCut Supps for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was in the need of a new pre-workout to try and saw this show up on the trooper program. Prior to seeing this on the trooper program I had never heard of this company before. I decided to check them out and they looked like an interesting company worth checking out. For not being loaded with a ton of ingredients I was rather impressed with this product.

I want to give them big props for using no prop blends and no artificial dyes. This is made up of 7 active ingredients and pretty good dosages. On their website they have a really good breakdown of what each of these ingredients are and what they do for you. I will post what they have. It's a little long but worth sharing I think.
    L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) 6.5g Is a combination of the amino acid citruline and malic acid. Malic acid increases the affects of citrulline and plays a crucial role in the Krebs cycle. Malic acid helps to recycle lactate and pyruvate, which promotes energy production while reducing muscle fatigue and soreness. The amino acid citrulline itself is a naturally occurring amino acid. Our bodies convert citrulline into the amino acid l-arginine, which is a precursor for nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator, which expands veins and arteries increasing blood flow. This is where "The Pump" comes from. Citrulline also reduces fatigue and improves endurance during aerobic and anaerobic exercise. These two compounds together are what form citrulline malate. Citrulline malate has been studied for years and has the research to back it up. One study included 18 men who ingested 6 grams of l-citrulline malate over a period of 15 days. The study showed a 34% increase in the rate of oxidative ATP production during exercise. This was also followed by a 20% increase in the rate of phosphocreatine recovery. To summarize the study, it found that citrulline malate promoted energy production while reducing fatigue. Another study found that men performed 52.92% more repetitions on bench press after supplementing with citrulline malate compared to a placebo. The participants who supplemented with citrulline malate also reported a 40% decrease in muscle soreness 24 hours post exercise.

Beta Alanine 3g Is considered to be a modified version of the amino acid alanine. When beta alanine is ingested the body converts it to carnosine. Carnosine is a molecule that has antioxidant characteristics, helps regulates calcium levels in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, and acts as a PH buffering system for the body. It is stored in cells and when PH levels in the body drop, carnosine is released. Supplementing with beta alanine can increase muscle carnosine levels upwards to 80%. Increasing carnosine concentrations is especially important for athletes because exercising results in the production of lactic acid build up. The use of beta alanine combats lactic acid formation, which results to improve endurance. 8 separate studies support an increase in muscular endurance and 3 other studies support increases in anaerobic endurance following beta alanine supplementation.

Taurine 1.2g Is an amino acid that plays a role in many different parts of the body including the brain, heart, and blood platelets. It is also an important component of bile salts, which are used to breakdown and absorb fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Taurine is also an important antioxidant and helps regulate heartbeat, cell membranes, and brain cell activity. Taurine is especially important in relation to exercise because intense workouts deplete the muscles of taurine, which decreases performances and increases the risk of muscle damage. A recent study showed that taurine supplementation resulted in an increase in strength levels and decreased muscle soreness in 21 participants. The study also focused on signs of muscle and oxidative damage, in which all were reduced following taurine supplementation.

Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL 1g Is the combination of the amino acid carnitine and an acetyl group. Hydrogen chloride is also added to facilitate digestion, absorption, and utilization of the compound. Acetyl l-carnitine hcl (ALCAR) supplementation, like taurine has many benefits. ALCAR has been researched to improve endurance, cognition, and muscle building abilities. Once ALCAR is absorbed in the small intestine and makes its way into the blood stream it is used by mitochondria in cells to help metabolize fat for energy. What makes ALCAR different than other forms of carnitine is its ability to cross the blood brain barrier. Once ALCAR crosses the blood brain barrier it is used to help facilitate many physiological processes. The acetate molecule of ALCAR acts as a precursor for the very important neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which plays a major role in overall cognitive functioning.

Vasogranite 1g contains dietary nitrates that are extracted from pomegranate fruits combined with sodium nitrate to produce active nitrates. Nitrates (NO3) and nitrites (NO2) are compounds containing nitrogen and oxygen. When you consume Vasogranite, the nitrates are absorbed in the small intestine and begin to circulate in the blood stream. Nitrates can then be filtered by the kidneys or taken up by salivary glands. These salivary glands release nitrates into our saliva where bacteria convert nitrates (NO3) into nitrites (NO2). The nitrites are then absorbed where they are then converted into nitric oxide (NO) during times of muscle oxygen and nutrient depletion (Exercise). Like previously stated, nitric oxide is a potent vasodilator that dilates blood vessels resulting in increased blood flow to skeletal muscles. Although citrulline malate also increases nitric oxide production, Vasogranite uses a different metabolic pathway to achieve the same effect, thus maximizing nitric oxide production! Results from a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study performed on 19 males and females showed pomegranate extract supplementation significantly increased participants' blood vessel diameter and blood flow, while delaying reports of fatigue during exercise. Other studies on nitrate supplementation show that proper supplementation significantly reduces oxygen costs, meaning our bodies use oxygen more efficiently. This conservation of oxygen results in an extended time to exhaustion during exercise. Pomegranate nitrates have been shown to increase blood vessel diameter, blood flow, and time to exhaustion while also delaying fatigue.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 600mg Is a combination of the amino acid l-tyrosine and an acetyl group. Unlike normal tyrosine, NALT is 20 times more soluble in water, which is believed to increase bioavailability and absorption. NALT contains an amino acid meaning alone, it helps build proteins, cells, and also helps rebuild muscle. The special thing about NALT is that it can also be converted by neurons in the brain into neurotransmitters. This works through an extensive method involving the catecholamine metabolic pathway. Upon absorption the body converts L-tyrosine to l-dopa, which is a pre cursor for dopamine. Dopamine is then converted to noradrenaline (norepinephrine) through the process of oxidation. Noradrenaline is then once again transformed into adrenaline (epinephrine). These are depleted through stress and excessive work, so supplementing with NALT helps replenish these levels and boost mental energy. Three separate double blind studies have also found NALT to increase cognition and mood, while decreasing side effects of stressors.

Caffeine Anhydrous 300mg Is a dehydrated form of caffeine and a central nervous system stimulant. I'm sure most people are aware of caffeine, but they might not be sure how it produces its effects. The brain produces what is called adenosine and when adenosine combines with adenosine receptors drowsiness occurs due to the slowing of nerve cell activity. However, when caffeine is consumed the adenosine receptors cannot distinguish between adenosine and caffeine molecules. When caffeine and adenosine receptors bind, instead of nerve cells slowing down they actually speed up activity. This increased activity causes more neurons to fire causing the pituitary gland to release hormones, which in turn cause the adrenal glands to produce adrenaline. This is where the stimulating affect of caffeine comes from.

This comes in two flavors Sweet Blue Razz and Cherry Limeade. I was sent the Blue Razz. I was hoping to get the cherry limeade instead because lately I have been having blue razz flavor a lot and getting kind of tired of it and wanted something different. I was rather surprised with how this tasted. I was dreading a real sweet taste with a little bit of chemical taste to it but this did not have that. This I would have to say was one of the better blue razz flavors I have had and really enjoyed it. This I thought has a nice refreshing blue razz taste to it. There is no chemical taste or weird after taste to it. If your someone that is a not a big fan of blue razz I think this you will like. This is very enjoyable and should have no problem at all trying to drink this. It's not to heavy on taste and won't be overly sweet either.

Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed to mix really well. No real issues with any foam or any left over little pieces to deal with. One thing I give them big props for is not using any dyes in this. Just because it looks cool cause it's colored does not make it work any better. Dyes are just something we don't want or need. To much in dyes can cause some upset stomach issues. Dosing is pretty simple. They say to start with 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance but for me I was able to start with one full scoop and I was just fine with that. They say to take this 15-20 mins before your workout.

The biggest thing most people look for in a pre-workout is what kind of energy it will give you. You get a total of 300mg of caffeine anhydrous in this. This is the only form of caffeine they use. I feel that 300mg is a fairly decent amount of caffeine. I prefer between 300-350mg of caffeine. I thought the energy this gave me was pretty good. It was a more smooth like and clean energy it gave me. Never did I feel jittery from this which was nice. The energy it gave me seemed to last me through out my whole workout. I usually workout about two hours at least and when I would get done with my workout I still felt like I could keep going a little longer. After using this I never felt that crash later which can happen for me which I don't like because it usually hits me pretty hard and I am out just like that. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistent each time I used this. This seemed to help keep my endurance more on track and helped me take a lot less time between sets and did not feel as winded after each set and more ready a lot quicker between sets. So overall the energy you get from this is pretty good. Nothing over the top crazy like but decent at helping you getting going better and help keep you going longer.

The focus I got from this I thought was pretty good. It was not laser like focus and tunnel like vision it gave me but was pretty decent. I felt that once I would get really locked into my workout this really helped me stay focused a lot better. I felt I was able to rid my mind of a lot of other distractions so I could better focus on my workouts. The pumps from this I thought were fairly decent. Usually I have a hard time noticing pumps but with this I seemed to notice them a little more. They never seemed to last any longer but were at least noticeable. I think with the added Vasogranite really helped more with the pumps. It seemed like I had a bit more fullness in my muscles and seem to stay there through out my whole workout which was nice. I also noticed my veins were popping a bit more because my forearms started to look a lot more vascular. On arm day when I would work my biceps my forearms all the way up to my shoulders really showed those popping veins a lot more.

The strength gains from this I thought were decent. For this not having any creatine in it I still felt I was able to push around a little heavier weight and not struggle as much doing it. I usually do a lot of higher reps at semi heavy weight. I don't try to go super heavy anymore but not real light either. I usually stick with weight that just starts to get heavy for me but still able to do it. I think this helped me go a little bit above and beyond that and still be able to do the weight with good form. I would like to see some creatine added to this. If they added any I would like to see some creatine HCL added to it more so than creatine mono. Mainly because HCL causes a lot less bloating (at least it does for me) and still gives you some strength gains.

I thought this was really good on my stomach. Never had any stomach or bathroom issues with this. I know some people have had bad bathroom issues with this but that never happened to me. No matter what pre-workout I have used I hardly ever have any bathroom issues with them. I like that this is not real heavy when mixed so it's a lot easier on your stomach and because of that I feel it caused me a lot less bloating in my stomach. Every once in awhile when I take a pre-workout I will get a little bit of upset stomach half way through my workout but that never happened which was good. So thankfully there was nothing in here to cause me any stomach issues. I think I have a fairly good idea what ingredients will cause me problems and I don't seen any of them in this.

Right now this is only available on their website and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I think this is a pretty good deal for what your getting from this product. I am glad to see they do a full 30 servings. I know lately a lot of companies are only using 20-25 servings and charging around $35 give or take.

Side Effects

No issues I had.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a pretty effective and decent pre-workout. I feel this is a solid new comer in a market that is pretty well flooded with a lot of pre-workouts. For the price and what you get from this I feel this is more than worth giving a try. I also really like you get a full 30 servings, no prop blends, and no dyes. I would be more than happy to give this another try and would like to give their cherry limeade a try. I am hoping and would like to see this company start to expand more in their product line. Right now this is the only product they have. Maybe once they start getting a few more products they can branch out to a few more sites that can pick them up and sell their products. Again I want to give a big shout out to HardCut Supp for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Sweet Blue Razz: 9/10

• MarsheS
      12 days ago

O_O My brain needs some rest after reading this... lol, excellent review like always.

• Rep for this Brand
      12 days ago

Thank you very much for giving us a try and we are glad that you enjoyed it! We greatly appreciate the thorough review and hopefully we can add some more products to our line soon!