Ranks #27 (better than 68%)
In: Pre-Workout > Pump

DOSED Pre Workout is a Pump Product manufactured by HardCut Supps. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Good Pumps
  • No Dyes

First off I want to thank HardCut Supps for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was in the need of a new pre-workout to try and saw this show up on the trooper program. Prior to seeing this on the trooper program I had never heard of this company before. I decided to check them out and they looked like an interesting company worth checking out. For not being loaded with a ton of ingredients I was rather impressed with this product.

I want to give them big props for using no prop blends and no artificial dyes. This is made up of 7 active ingredients and pretty good dosages. On their website they have a really good breakdown of what each of these ingredients are and what they do for you. I will post what they have. It's a little long but worth sharing I think.
    L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) 6.5g Is a combination of the amino acid citruline and malic acid. Malic acid increases the affects of citrulline and plays a crucial role in the Krebs cycle. Malic acid helps to recycle lactate and pyruvate, which promotes energy production while reducing muscle fatigue and soreness. The amino acid citrulline itself is a naturally occurring amino acid. Our bodies convert citrulline into the amino acid l-arginine, which is a precursor for nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide is a vasodilator, which expands veins and arteries increasing blood flow. This is where "The Pump" comes from. Citrulline also reduces fatigue and improves endurance during aerobic and anaerobic exercise. These two compounds together are what form citrulline malate. Citrulline malate has been studied for years and has the research to back it up. One study included 18 men who ingested 6 grams of l-citrulline malate over a period of 15 days. The study showed a 34% increase in the rate of oxidative ATP production during exercise. This was also followed by a 20% increase in the rate of phosphocreatine recovery. To summarize the study, it found that citrulline malate promoted energy production while reducing fatigue. Another study found that men performed 52.92% more repetitions on bench press after supplementing with citrulline malate compared to a placebo. The participants who supplemented with citrulline malate also reported a 40% decrease in muscle soreness 24 hours post exercise.

Beta Alanine 3g Is considered to be a modified version of the amino acid alanine. When beta alanine is ingested the body converts it to carnosine. Carnosine is a molecule that has antioxidant characteristics, helps regulates calcium levels in the sarcoplasmic reticulum, and acts as a PH buffering system for the body. It is stored in cells and when PH levels in the body drop, carnosine is released. Supplementing with beta alanine can increase muscle carnosine levels upwards to 80%. Increasing carnosine concentrations is especially important for athletes because exercising results in the production of lactic acid build up. The use of beta alanine combats lactic acid formation, which results to improve endurance. 8 separate studies support an increase in muscular endurance and 3 other studies support increases in anaerobic endurance following beta alanine supplementation.

Taurine 1.2g Is an amino acid that plays a role in many different parts of the body including the brain, heart, and blood platelets. It is also an important component of bile salts, which are used to breakdown and absorb fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Taurine is also an important antioxidant and helps regulate heartbeat, cell membranes, and brain cell activity. Taurine is especially important in relation to exercise because intense workouts deplete the muscles of taurine, which decreases performances and increases the risk of muscle damage. A recent study showed that taurine supplementation resulted in an increase in strength levels and decreased muscle soreness in 21 participants. The study also focused on signs of muscle and oxidative damage, in which all were reduced following taurine supplementation.

Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL 1g Is the combination of the amino acid carnitine and an acetyl group. Hydrogen chloride is also added to facilitate digestion, absorption, and utilization of the compound. Acetyl l-carnitine hcl (ALCAR) supplementation, like taurine has many benefits. ALCAR has been researched to improve endurance, cognition, and muscle building abilities. Once ALCAR is absorbed in the small intestine and makes its way into the blood stream it is used by mitochondria in cells to help metabolize fat for energy. What makes ALCAR different than other forms of carnitine is its ability to cross the blood brain barrier. Once ALCAR crosses the blood brain barrier it is used to help facilitate many physiological processes. The acetate molecule of ALCAR acts as a precursor for the very important neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which plays a major role in overall cognitive functioning.

Vasogranite 1g contains dietary nitrates that are extracted from pomegranate fruits combined with sodium nitrate to produce active nitrates. Nitrates (NO3) and nitrites (NO2) are compounds containing nitrogen and oxygen. When you consume Vasogranite, the nitrates are absorbed in the small intestine and begin to circulate in the blood stream. Nitrates can then be filtered by the kidneys or taken up by salivary glands. These salivary glands release nitrates into our saliva where bacteria convert nitrates (NO3) into nitrites (NO2). The nitrites are then absorbed where they are then converted into nitric oxide (NO) during times of muscle oxygen and nutrient depletion (Exercise). Like previously stated, nitric oxide is a potent vasodilator that dilates blood vessels resulting in increased blood flow to skeletal muscles. Although citrulline malate also increases nitric oxide production, Vasogranite uses a different metabolic pathway to achieve the same effect, thus maximizing nitric oxide production! Results from a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study performed on 19 males and females showed pomegranate extract supplementation significantly increased participants' blood vessel diameter and blood flow, while delaying reports of fatigue during exercise. Other studies on nitrate supplementation show that proper supplementation significantly reduces oxygen costs, meaning our bodies use oxygen more efficiently. This conservation of oxygen results in an extended time to exhaustion during exercise. Pomegranate nitrates have been shown to increase blood vessel diameter, blood flow, and time to exhaustion while also delaying fatigue.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 600mg Is a combination of the amino acid l-tyrosine and an acetyl group. Unlike normal tyrosine, NALT is 20 times more soluble in water, which is believed to increase bioavailability and absorption. NALT contains an amino acid meaning alone, it helps build proteins, cells, and also helps rebuild muscle. The special thing about NALT is that it can also be converted by neurons in the brain into neurotransmitters. This works through an extensive method involving the catecholamine metabolic pathway. Upon absorption the body converts L-tyrosine to l-dopa, which is a pre cursor for dopamine. Dopamine is then converted to noradrenaline (norepinephrine) through the process of oxidation. Noradrenaline is then once again transformed into adrenaline (epinephrine). These are depleted through stress and excessive work, so supplementing with NALT helps replenish these levels and boost mental energy. Three separate double blind studies have also found NALT to increase cognition and mood, while decreasing side effects of stressors.

Caffeine Anhydrous 300mg Is a dehydrated form of caffeine and a central nervous system stimulant. I'm sure most people are aware of caffeine, but they might not be sure how it produces its effects. The brain produces what is called adenosine and when adenosine combines with adenosine receptors drowsiness occurs due to the slowing of nerve cell activity. However, when caffeine is consumed the adenosine receptors cannot distinguish between adenosine and caffeine molecules. When caffeine and adenosine receptors bind, instead of nerve cells slowing down they actually speed up activity. This increased activity causes more neurons to fire causing the pituitary gland to release hormones, which in turn cause the adrenal glands to produce adrenaline. This is where the stimulating affect of caffeine comes from.

This comes in two flavors Sweet Blue Razz and Cherry Limeade. I was sent the Blue Razz. I was hoping to get the cherry limeade instead because lately I have been having blue razz flavor a lot and getting kind of tired of it and wanted something different. I was rather surprised with how this tasted. I was dreading a real sweet taste with a little bit of chemical taste to it but this did not have that. This I would have to say was one of the better blue razz flavors I have had and really enjoyed it. This I thought has a nice refreshing blue razz taste to it. There is no chemical taste or weird after taste to it. If your someone that is a not a big fan of blue razz I think this you will like. This is very enjoyable and should have no problem at all trying to drink this. It's not to heavy on taste and won't be overly sweet either.

Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed to mix really well. No real issues with any foam or any left over little pieces to deal with. One thing I give them big props for is not using any dyes in this. Just because it looks cool cause it's colored does not make it work any better. Dyes are just something we don't want or need. To much in dyes can cause some upset stomach issues. Dosing is pretty simple. They say to start with 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance but for me I was able to start with one full scoop and I was just fine with that. They say to take this 15-20 mins before your workout.

The biggest thing most people look for in a pre-workout is what kind of energy it will give you. You get a total of 300mg of caffeine anhydrous in this. This is the only form of caffeine they use. I feel that 300mg is a fairly decent amount of caffeine. I prefer between 300-350mg of caffeine. I thought the energy this gave me was pretty good. It was a more smooth like and clean energy it gave me. Never did I feel jittery from this which was nice. The energy it gave me seemed to last me through out my whole workout. I usually workout about two hours at least and when I would get done with my workout I still felt like I could keep going a little longer. After using this I never felt that crash later which can happen for me which I don't like because it usually hits me pretty hard and I am out just like that. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistent each time I used this. This seemed to help keep my endurance more on track and helped me take a lot less time between sets and did not feel as winded after each set and more ready a lot quicker between sets. So overall the energy you get from this is pretty good. Nothing over the top crazy like but decent at helping you getting going better and help keep you going longer.

The focus I got from this I thought was pretty good. It was not laser like focus and tunnel like vision it gave me but was pretty decent. I felt that once I would get really locked into my workout this really helped me stay focused a lot better. I felt I was able to rid my mind of a lot of other distractions so I could better focus on my workouts. The pumps from this I thought were fairly decent. Usually I have a hard time noticing pumps but with this I seemed to notice them a little more. They never seemed to last any longer but were at least noticeable. I think with the added Vasogranite really helped more with the pumps. It seemed like I had a bit more fullness in my muscles and seem to stay there through out my whole workout which was nice. I also noticed my veins were popping a bit more because my forearms started to look a lot more vascular. On arm day when I would work my biceps my forearms all the way up to my shoulders really showed those popping veins a lot more.

The strength gains from this I thought were decent. For this not having any creatine in it I still felt I was able to push around a little heavier weight and not struggle as much doing it. I usually do a lot of higher reps at semi heavy weight. I don't try to go super heavy anymore but not real light either. I usually stick with weight that just starts to get heavy for me but still able to do it. I think this helped me go a little bit above and beyond that and still be able to do the weight with good form. I would like to see some creatine added to this. If they added any I would like to see some creatine HCL added to it more so than creatine mono. Mainly because HCL causes a lot less bloating (at least it does for me) and still gives you some strength gains.

I thought this was really good on my stomach. Never had any stomach or bathroom issues with this. I know some people have had bad bathroom issues with this but that never happened to me. No matter what pre-workout I have used I hardly ever have any bathroom issues with them. I like that this is not real heavy when mixed so it's a lot easier on your stomach and because of that I feel it caused me a lot less bloating in my stomach. Every once in awhile when I take a pre-workout I will get a little bit of upset stomach half way through my workout but that never happened which was good. So thankfully there was nothing in here to cause me any stomach issues. I think I have a fairly good idea what ingredients will cause me problems and I don't seen any of them in this.

Right now this is only available on their website and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I think this is a pretty good deal for what your getting from this product. I am glad to see they do a full 30 servings. I know lately a lot of companies are only using 20-25 servings and charging around $35 give or take.

Side Effects

No issues I had.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a pretty effective and decent pre-workout. I feel this is a solid new comer in a market that is pretty well flooded with a lot of pre-workouts. For the price and what you get from this I feel this is more than worth giving a try. I also really like you get a full 30 servings, no prop blends, and no dyes. I would be more than happy to give this another try and would like to give their cherry limeade a try. I am hoping and would like to see this company start to expand more in their product line. Right now this is the only product they have. Maybe once they start getting a few more products they can branch out to a few more sites that can pick them up and sell their products. Again I want to give a big shout out to HardCut Supp for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Sweet Blue Razz: 9/10

December 5, 2016

• Stomach Issues

It seems that preworkouts have become a staple in my supplement arsenal, and with the market so crowded I love it when I get a chance to try out a new product especially one that's transparent and dosed decently. I had never heard of HardCut before this product so I didn't know what to expect.

The Profile is kept pretty basic with the exception of 1 ingredient that I have never used before, VasoGranite or pomegranate nitrates which helps in the production of nitric oxide. A healthy dose of caffeine at 300mg and a few other common ingredients for a preworkout all dosed at acceptable dosages.

I receved the Cherry Limade flavor, which has never been one of my favorite flavors, but it wasn't bad. It was a pretty normal cherry limade tasting product with a nice tart bite to it. It mixed up fine, no sediment or foaming. Dosing is recommended 15-20 mins before workout in 8-10 oz of water.

With 300mg of caffeine you are going to see an increase in energy, with this it lasted through my workouts, and I never had any crashing issues while on this. Focus was alright, but nothing overwhelming. I found myself getting distracted on a few occasions, which isn't a big thing but I didn't have that tunnel vision, nose to the grind focus that I have seen with other products. Now the best part of this was most definitely the pump, the new ingredient vasogranite must have really agreed with my body, because these were some of the better pumps I have ever received with a preworkout that wasn't stacked with something. Veins popped and muscles stayed full from the 1st set to the last. The pumps didn't hang around very long after the workouts but while they were there they were almost painful regardless of rep range.

This is on the steep side of preworkouts at $38 for 30 servings it is a little expensive. The product is dosed well but could use a little more here and there so while it did work pretty well I would like to see the price point maybe take a little dip.

Side Effects

There were a few instances in which I had to have a rather intense bathroom session before I could start my lifting. Preworkout meal didn't matter either. It wasn't every workout but often enough to notice, probably 7-8 workouts.

Conclusion

A solid prewokout that I definitely wouldn't think twice about using again. Thanks to Hardcut for sending this out and apologies for the delay of the review, my computer broke and I just grabbed a new one black Friday.
    • Cherry Limeade: 7/10

November 7, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nice Profile
    • Decent Taste
    • No Dyes
    • No Prop Blends
    • Good Pumps
    • Clumping
    • Caffeine Was Short-lived

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

----
    This is my first experience with HardCut Supps and to be honest, I have never even heard of them before seeing Dosed on the TROOP dashboard. My initial thoughts of Dosed was that the profile looked promising and that I thought the label was clean and pretty cool. This is their updated formula of Dosed with a few tweaks from their old profile. There are seven active ingredients in Dosed and they are fully disclosed beginning with citrulline malate at a nice 6.5 grams. They also add a patented ingredient I have not seen before with Vasogranite at 1 g. This ingredient is a nitrate that comes from the pomegranate fruit and should work alongside the citrulline malate to provide pumps. For endurance, Dosed contains beta-alanine and taurine. ALCAR HCl and NALT are included to provide focus and finally there is 300 mg of caffeine to give you a quick source of energy. I would have liked to see some BioPerine in here, which seems to be a standard ingredient these days. I do not like that sucralose was the first inactive ingredient listed or the fact that ace-k and artificial flavoring were even included in here. I also want to point out that I noticed a few black specs in the container; hopefully they were not any impurities in the ingredients.

Taste 7/10: I received the cherry limeade flavor and I thought it was pretty good. Was not my favorite, but I did not have to choke this one down. It was a bit more on the tart side than sweet side. They also offer a blue razz flavor, but I would go with the cherry limeade again as I am not a fan of anything blue razz flavored.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed very well; not really any foaming or settling to speak of. There was some clumping in the container that Momo has previously mentioned, but it mixed fine once into the water.

Dosing 7/10: Take one serving in 8-10 ounces of water once daily, 15-20 minutes before working out. Start with a half serving to assess tolerance then gradually increase. Do not consume more than one serving in a 24 hour period. I could see this suggested use potentially being confusing to a newbie. Directions call for the user to take a scoop once daily, before working out. So this is kind of suggesting training every day since it calls for daily use. I think the label should be more clear that it should not be consumed daily and only on training days or as needed. Hope that makes sense. I also found that 8-10 ounces of water was too little and that about 12 ounces was the sweet spot for me.

I was hoping that Dosed would be a well-rounded pre-workout judging by the profile. I thought that it performed as expected in most categories, but surprisingly slightly missed in one big one. Within a few minutes of consuming this, I was woken up by the caffeine. A few minutes later, I would receive noticeable beta-alanine tingles. I have not really had those in a while, so I kind of missed them. I am not really seeing formulas with 3+ grams of beta-alanine anymore. I have been seeing a lot of profiles with something along the lines of 1.6-2 grams of it. Anyway, I had some pretty strong workouts while taking this. Pumps were good; I noticed that this was more of a dry pump where vascularity was improved more than a wet pump. Focus was not bad. I did not experience any tunnel vision, but I was not distracted as often. However, I thought that the energy I received was not up to par with a 300 mg dosage of caffeine. I was energized quickly, but I never noticed anything over the top and also thought that the energy died out pretty quickly. I did not crash or anything, the energy just kind of disappeared. I do not think I am that tolerant to stims, so it was strange to me.

This could be found for $37.99 + a $7.00 shipping fee. The shipping fee really hurts the value here; it goes from a decent value to a not-so-good value. Excluding shipping, you are getting a nicely dosed, one-scoop pre-workout for about $38. Not the worst value for a product of this quality in my opinion. Hopefully there may be a coupon or a free shipping option in the future to help out a little with the cost.

Side Effects

Nothing for me.

Conclusion

Aside from the energy dissipating towards the end of my workout, I do think that this was a good pre-workout. Is it in my top five? No, but definitely top ten. I would recommend this and hopefully there will be some deals coming on this in the future. Thank you HardCut Supps for the opportunity to try this out.
    • Cherry Limeade: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.7
      October 18, 2016

• Stomach Issues
    • Major Restroom Issues
    • Clumping
    What's up SR! I would like to first thank HardCut Supps and the Trooper program for allowing me to try Dosed, a new pre-workout from a new comer to SR. I am a stim junkie by nature and I am always on the lookout for a good strong pre-workout to kick me in the butt. When Hard Cut Supps joined the Trooper program and provided an opportunity to run Dosed, the stim junkie in me could not resist. Was Dosed properly dosed? Let us find out

Right of the back, I like the fact that HardCut Supps is transparent on what comes in Dosed; again, I wish other companies would follow this new industry stander. This comes with 300 mg of Caffeine, so it will back a punch. Dosed contains 1 gram of VasoGranite, which is Pomegranate Nitrate. Pomegranate in general has great benefits to the body, helps decrease rates of cancer and heart disease; it is an excellent antioxidant. The nitrate aspect will be similar to the same effects you get from Beet Juice, good strong pumps. In addition, there is 6.5 grams of Citrulline Malate, which was the downfall to my body and me; in my opinion, between 4.5 to a max of 6 grams is a good amount, to avoid any stomach issues.

Taste
    As I have always mention, taste to me Is not a factor; however, for those who like to taste their supplements, this one was not too bad.

Mixablility
    Man, I had a major issue with this one, after about 5 days, the contents inside started to get as hard as a brick; having to use a butter knife to be able to break off some and pushed it into the scooper was a big inconvenience.

One scoop 10 to 15 mins before the workout, the label recommends 15 to 20 mins; however, I want to feel the rage while I am getting to the gym, so I took it earlier. I played with the serving on this since they recommend to start with half of scoop, so I did and the results, well, please see the effectiveness sections

This is where I would have scored this much higher, I could not begin to start my work out without having to hit the rest room like a woman holding her baby from having to delivery it. I did the mistake of taking this when I got off work and decided to go to another gym, which is 15 mins father away from my job. OMG, I had to pull over into a hotel and explode! After that happened, I would only take this when I got to the gym and it was like clockwork, 7 to 10 mins after taking one scoop, the race was on to the rest room; 6.5 grams of Citrulline Malate was too much for my body. I even tried half a scoop to see if that would help; however, it was like a delayed affect, the restroom issues came 40 mins later. When I was able to work out, the energy was not bad; it was not like feeling you were on crack, it was clean, but at half a scoop, the energy was not there at all. The Pumps were not bad at all, good pump in my arms and upper back.

At the moment, Dosed is only available at HardCut Supps' website, it retails for $37.99, which is not bad considering it comes with one serving.

Side Effects

As I mentioned before, server stomach and bathroom issues

Conclusion

HardCut Supps have a good concept with Dosed; all ingredients are fully disclosed and some of the goodies in Dosed are good. However, maybe it could have been my body that did not react well to the high dose of Citrulline Malate, but if I am not the only person who had the same affect from Dosed, then HardCut Supps will need to reevaluate the dosing protocol in the ingredients.