DOSED Pre Workout (Old Formula) has been reported as discontinued. See the replacement:

DOSED Pre Workout (Old Formula) Reviews

By: HardCut Supps

Pre-Workout > Pump
DOSED Pre Workout (Old Formula) is a Pump Product manufactured by HardCut Supps. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to HardCut Supps for sending it out!
  November 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Blends
  • Clinical Doses
  • Too Tart
  • Occasional Crash

Big thanks to HardCut Supps and SR for another product delivered by the wonderful TROOP program. I really enjoy trying out different PWO products and scoop them up whenever I can, as long as I didn't just crack a fresh tub. I took a look at DOSED when it showed up on the dashboard. Transparent label, effective dosages, a flavor I usually like and a company I had not heard of before. Obviously this meant I had to give it a whirl. Here is how it went for me..

Like I said in the title and above, right off the bat you have a nice transparent label on this product. It kind of feels like I'm beating a dead horse at this point when I talk about not liking prop blends, but it'll always be the truth, so I was happy to see that HardCut Supps stayed away from that. Six ingredients in this that I feel are all properly dosed; L-Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine, Taurine, Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL, N Acetyl L-Tyrosine, and Caffeine Anhydrous. If you click on the product page and look on the left side of the screen under the ingredients tab, you can see how this product compares with others in its category. And you can also see it does a pretty good job. The L-Carnitine and L-Tyrosine are probably thrown in here for some additional fat burning and focus, which I definitely don't mind. I like the 300mg dose of caffeine as well, because in my opinion you probably won't ever want more than that as a PWO, so you know when you look at this label that you will get 30 workouts in at a bare minimum. All in all we have a pretty simple yet solid profile here. No creatine, but that's fine with me. Makes it a more flexible product in my opinion.

The first thing I noticed about this product when I opened it was pretty comical to me. I dug out the scooper, poured a scoop of Dosed into my shaker bottle, and tried to put the scooper back in. The handle of the scooper proved to be too long to get it back in the container when it was full. I ultimately had to take some scissors and cut the handle in half so I could get the cover back on. Not a big deal but maybe something for HardCut to think about in the future.

I got the Blue Razz flavor to try out and I just found it to be way too tart and sweet for me unless I mixed with 12oz of water at the very least. Even then it was almost a little too much for me. When I put 14oz of water in it, it was pretty tasty.

No mixability issues or leftover residue with this product. It mixed well every time.

Here is what HardCut has to say about DOSED: It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

I started off at one scoop like the directions say to, unless you want to assess your tolerance. I know my tolerance so I wasn't worried about starting off at a full scoop. I did not notice any beta alanine tingles or itching with this product, but that isn't out of the ordinary for me. Mental focus was increased, but not by leaps and bounds. Just enough to notice it working.Muscle performance was definitely increased. I often worked out fasted but had no strength problems at all. Endurance was about average. I had no problems sustaining long, consistent workouts. Increased blood flow is one area where I thought this product lacked a bit. I didn't experience much of a "pump", even when doing high volume workouts. Overall I would say this product was effective enough to "create an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat." After all, those are pretty much my goals, and having good workouts helps accomplish them. One other thing to note is that I did go with half a scoop quite a few times when I didn't want the full 300mg of caffeine, and I was still able to have an effective workout.

I currently only see this available through HardCut, and they charge $35.99 for a 30 serving tub. I think this is a great value because even at a full scoop, you are getting 30 workouts in with good, effective doses. Occasionally going down to a half scoop stretches it out even further. Hopefully this product will show up at some more places online in the future. It's already a very good value, but imagine a BOGO or just any sale in general. It would be hard for me to pass up.

Side Effects

At a full scoop I did seem to have a pretty substantial crash effect about an hour after my workout. My workouts have been about 90-100 minutes lately with a good amount of cardio, so I definitely was expending a lot of energy. I found that if I used some BCAA product toward the end or after my workout, it eliminated that, which makes me think maybe that's something they could think about incorporating into the formula in the future.

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed this product and would recommend it to you all. It got the job done with a very simplistic formula and comes in at a very reasonable price. The label and ingredients are all on the left side of your screen if you are on the product page so I did not bother attaching them. Thanks to HardCut Supps and the SR TROOP program for this opportunity. Talk to you all soon.
  • Sweet BlueRazz: 6/10

Overall
Thanks to HardCut Supps for sending it out!
  November 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • No Blends
  • Clinical Doses
    Big thanks to HardCut Supps and SR for the opportunity to test this PWO!!

A big plus from HardCut is that the profile is completely transparent; I always appreciate an absence of proprietary blends. As promised from HardCut, all ingredients are fully dosed! Endurance and pumps are none short from the 6g of Citrulline Malate. Beta Alanine is at a whole 3g, and Caffeine Anhydrous at a balanced 300mg. The inclusion of Acetyl-L Carnitine HCL and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is to help with overall cognition and focus.

I believe the only flavor out now is Sweet Blue Razz. I personally don't ever choose to buy blue raspberry flavors in general, or even try them to start. The flavor was surprisingly good! It tastes like candy, to be honest, like a blue dum dum you get at the doc's office. Pleasant, easy to take. Mixability is quick and easy; no grit to note from me.

Endurance was not an issue while training, but I always have a bottle of BCAA's with me. Energy was very clean; I didn't notice any jitters. Typically I have about 3g of citrulline to other PWO's without it (citrulline) and get amazing pumps. But with Dosed, I felt I never reached a more intense or different level of pump, or even focus for that matter. This isn't to say that the pumps weren't there either. Don't get me wrong. I think this is a great product; the profile looks awesome which is what lead me to claim a tub. The taste and mixability is a big plus. I just expected.. more...I just thought I'd get more out of the 6g's.
    300mg of Caffeine is the sweet spot for me; I enjoyed that it wasn't any higher!

There's a lot of good stuff in here at highly dosed amounts. HardCut has Dosed listed at $36 for 30 servings. $1.20 isn't terrible for a PWO nowadays, especially with this profile. I noticed I did get a couple more servings out of the tub so that's nice too.

Side Effects

No sides

Conclusion

All in all, Dosed is a PWO I definitely wouldn't mind trying again. The pumps were good, energy and focus on par and a fully disclosed label. How often do I find that? Keep an eye out for HardCut Supps. This is their first and only product, but it's a great start