Osta Shred Reviews

By: Hard Rock Supplements

September 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Dry You Out
  • Can Aid In Getting That Summer Look
  • Good For Fat Loss
  • Few Sides
  • It Is Somewhat Expensive
  • Achy Joints
OK, so here's my review on Osta Shred from Hard Rock Supplements.I'm doing this review because I've previously gone the SARM route with LGD-4033. Although it was a liquid SARM from a research chem company, I experienced some pretty impressive results. I've done quite a bit of research into Ostarine, and I'm impressed with what I've seen. If you Google Ostarine, you'll find some pretty interesting studies. You'll also find various forums that are run by a certain research chemical company, so the reviews are always biased and the forum mods and their flunkies do a ridiculous amount of shilling. SARMS look to be a promising (and safer) alternative to AAS.
My background: I'm 40 years old and I've been lifting for 17 years. I spent 7 years in the Marine Corps and I incorporate a lot of what I did for PT into my cardio sessions. I lift five days on and two off, focusing in the 8-12 rep range. I do cardio twice a week. It consists of a two mile run, 30 minutes of ab work, and various boot camp-type exercises. This is usually done on my non-lifting days. My diet is nothing spectacular- 2500-3000 calories, 250-300 grams of protein, 200 grams of carbs, and no more than 85 grams of fat. I supplement with WPI, EFAs, CLA, and a couple of other acronyms that I may have forgotten.
OK, so here's what's inside Osta Shred.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 120
Amount per serving %DV
Absorption Blend: Grape Seed (Extract), Celery Seed (Extract) 350mg **
Velvet bean (extract)(Mucuna Pruriens) Seed (Standardized 15% L-Dopa) 125mg **
Androsta-3 5-diene-7 17-dione 25mg **
(2S)-3-(4-cyanophenoxy) -N- [4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl] -2- methylpropanamide) Ostarine (MK-2866) 12.5mg **
**(DV)Daily Value Not Established

- Does Not Affect Blood Pressure*
- Helps Increase Nitrogen Retention*
- Helps Improve Protein Synthesis*
- Great for Use during PCT*

So you've noticed that in addition to Ostarine, Osta Shred contains L-Dopa and arimistane. I'm guessing that the L-Dopa was added to enhance recovery and promote deep sleep. It's common knowledge that growth and recovery occur during sleep. The arimistane was added to eliminate estrogen, increase testosterone levels, and promote lean, dry gains.

Ingredient Profile (per capsule)

10 Mg of Ostarine
25 MG of arimistane
125 Mg of L-Dopa precursors-pretty solid. (8.5/10)

Dosing: Two-three caps per day taken with food...pretty simple and straightforward. (10/10)

From weeks 1-3, I dosed two caps per day, and upped it to 3 per day from weeks 4-6. Osta Shred kicked in around the middle of week three. At first, I noticed a sudden gain of about 6 pounds. Perhaps I was holding water? I don't know, but a week later, the weight dropped (7 poundsI know, right?) and the definition, fullness and vascularity appeared. I've never been a veiny person, but from weeks 4-6, I noticed veins popping up in my forearms, biceps, and shoulders. There was more definition in my abs, chest, and shoulders. I went up maybe 10 pounds on all my major lifts, but my endurance was through the roof. I was able to crank out an extra 3-4 reps on each set. My starting weight was 225 and at the end of the six week cycle, my weight was 229 with more definition and harder, fuller muscles. I was also able to get some really good sleep at night. This is a pretty solid product for a recomp. (8/10)

I purchased Osta Shred from Supplement Warehouse for $64.95. At first, this seems a little pricey, but if you consider that there are 120 caps per bottle, good for a 6-8 week cycle (depending on your dose), it represents a decent value. (7.5/10)

Side Effects

When I increased the dosage to 3 caps per day, I noticed pain in both my elbows, possibly due to the arimistane's drying effect; it does sometimes take a toll on the joints. I also noticed a slight acne flare up on my forehead. A homemade mixture of alcohol, peroxide, and witch hazel cleared it up. It should also be noted that I didn't experience any shutdown during this cycle, but I'm quite sure that six weeks of diminished estrogen can cause an estrogen rebound, so I plan to take 40 mg of toremifene for two weeks to combat any rebound issues. (6/10)

Conclusion

I was genuinely impressed with Osta Shred. The results were not as dramatic as I experienced with LGD-4033, but one can expect noticeable muscle hardness and fat loss from a 6 week cycle. Hard Rock Supplements may have stumbled onto something with this stack. Arimistane by itself is a pretty potent cortisol/estrogen control product. People have also experienced noticeable fat loss and muscle hardness while taking it. Ostarine can help put on a few pounds of quality muscle while losing a decent amount of fat. It should also be noted that this product gave me a nice pump throughout the cycle.

Overall

(8/10)