Osta Shred Reviews

By: Hard Rock Supplements

Osta Shred is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by Hard Rock Supplements. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.

September 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Dry You Out
  • Can Aid In Getting That Summer Look
  • Good For Fat Loss
  • Few Sides
  • It Is Somewhat Expensive
  • Achy Joints
OK, so here's my review on Osta Shred from Hard Rock Supplements.I'm doing this review because I've previously gone the SARM route with LGD-4033. Although it was a liquid SARM from a research chem company, I experienced some pretty impressive results. I've done quite a bit of research into Ostarine, and I'm impressed with what I've seen. If you Google Ostarine, you'll find some pretty interesting studies. You'll also find various forums that are run by a certain research chemical company, so the reviews are always biased and the forum mods and their flunkies do a ridiculous amount of shilling. SARMS look to be a promising (and safer) alternative to AAS.
My background: I'm 40 years old and I've been lifting for 17 years. I spent 7 years in the Marine Corps and I incorporate a lot of what I did for PT into my cardio sessions. I lift five days on and two off, focusing in the 8-12 rep range. I do cardio twice a week. It consists of a two mile run, 30 minutes of ab work, and various boot camp-type exercises. This is usually done on my non-lifting days. My diet is nothing spectacular- 2500-3000 calories, 250-300 grams of protein, 200 grams of carbs, and no more than 85 grams of fat. I supplement with WPI, EFAs, CLA, and a couple of other acronyms that I may have forgotten.
OK, so here's what's inside Osta Shred.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 120
Amount per serving %DV
Absorption Blend: Grape Seed (Extract), Celery Seed (Extract) 350mg **
Velvet bean (extract)(Mucuna Pruriens) Seed (Standardized 15% L-Dopa) 125mg **
Androsta-3 5-diene-7 17-dione 25mg **
(2S)-3-(4-cyanophenoxy) -N- [4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl] -2- methylpropanamide) Ostarine (MK-2866) 12.5mg **
**(DV)Daily Value Not Established

- Does Not Affect Blood Pressure*
- Helps Increase Nitrogen Retention*
- Helps Improve Protein Synthesis*
- Great for Use during PCT*

So you've noticed that in addition to Ostarine, Osta Shred contains L-Dopa and arimistane. I'm guessing that the L-Dopa was added to enhance recovery and promote deep sleep. It's common knowledge that growth and recovery occur during sleep. The arimistane was added to eliminate estrogen, increase testosterone levels, and promote lean, dry gains.

Ingredient Profile (per capsule)

10 Mg of Ostarine
25 MG of arimistane
125 Mg of L-Dopa precursors-pretty solid. (8.5/10)

Dosing: Two-three caps per day taken with food...pretty simple and straightforward. (10/10)

From weeks 1-3, I dosed two caps per day, and upped it to 3 per day from weeks 4-6. Osta Shred kicked in around the middle of week three. At first, I noticed a sudden gain of about 6 pounds. Perhaps I was holding water? I don't know, but a week later, the weight dropped (7 poundsI know, right?) and the definition, fullness and vascularity appeared. I've never been a veiny person, but from weeks 4-6, I noticed veins popping up in my forearms, biceps, and shoulders. There was more definition in my abs, chest, and shoulders. I went up maybe 10 pounds on all my major lifts, but my endurance was through the roof. I was able to crank out an extra 3-4 reps on each set. My starting weight was 225 and at the end of the six week cycle, my weight was 229 with more definition and harder, fuller muscles. I was also able to get some really good sleep at night. This is a pretty solid product for a recomp. (8/10)

I purchased Osta Shred from Supplement Warehouse for $64.95. At first, this seems a little pricey, but if you consider that there are 120 caps per bottle, good for a 6-8 week cycle (depending on your dose), it represents a decent value. (7.5/10)

Side Effects

When I increased the dosage to 3 caps per day, I noticed pain in both my elbows, possibly due to the arimistane's drying effect; it does sometimes take a toll on the joints. I also noticed a slight acne flare up on my forehead. A homemade mixture of alcohol, peroxide, and witch hazel cleared it up. It should also be noted that I didn't experience any shutdown during this cycle, but I'm quite sure that six weeks of diminished estrogen can cause an estrogen rebound, so I plan to take 40 mg of toremifene for two weeks to combat any rebound issues. (6/10)

Conclusion

I was genuinely impressed with Osta Shred. The results were not as dramatic as I experienced with LGD-4033, but one can expect noticeable muscle hardness and fat loss from a 6 week cycle. Hard Rock Supplements may have stumbled onto something with this stack. Arimistane by itself is a pretty potent cortisol/estrogen control product. People have also experienced noticeable fat loss and muscle hardness while taking it. Ostarine can help put on a few pounds of quality muscle while losing a decent amount of fat. It should also be noted that this product gave me a nice pump throughout the cycle.

Overall

(8/10)

July 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Dry You Out
  • Can Aid In Getting That Summer Look
  • It Is Somewhat Expensive
  • But You Get A Whole Cycle In One Bottle.

Virtus checking in folks, what follows is a narrative of the two bottles of Ostra Shred that I have used. Not back to back.

For my stats- I started out my second run with this product at 235, 6'2" and around 15% BF (no calipers, off of memory when I last had it checked and my weight). I ended my cycle at 222.2 lbs, significantly thinner in my waist, and my striations in my arms and back visible again.

"On cycle" I strictly used creapure and protein powder and support supplements.
Exercise was 45min- 1hr a day lifting in evenings, 1 hour of stationary bike in the mornings while fasted. I bike same days as lifting 2 days on 1 off.
Diet was clean, right at or under maintenance. I like food, so I prefer to increase exercise as opposed to cutting caloric intake.

Absorption Blend: Grape Seed, Celery Seed, 350mg.

Velvet Bean 125mg

Androst-3,5-Diene-7,17-Dione (Armistane) 25mg

Ostarine (Im not going to type the nomenclature out) 12.5mg

Take 2x daily.

I am not going to review the Velvet Bean (l-dopa) and absorption blend, the point of this product is, is ostarine and arimistane a good, maybe even synergistic cutting cycle?

N/A

Ahhh the meat and potatoes. Does this stuff work? I would say yes it does, but, there is a but.

First, I would compare this product to a light run of epistane. I really feel like it is equivalent to 5 week cycle of 20/25/25/30/30 epistane. But, take it for 6-8 weeks to get these results. I didn't really start seeing anything noteworthy until week 4. Also, for me there was a bounce back on estrogen after discontinuing the product. When you suppress estrogen for 8 weeks like this, your body will sense that it is low on estrogen and try to re-balance itself. Kind of like when running real gear. Is it enough of a bounce back to warrant worry about gynomastia? For me the answer is no, but I definetly put back on water weight after the cycle. If you are gyno prone, might not be a bad idea to run a short Torem cycle for two weeks.

Sum it up: I love this stuff for keeping muscle while cutting, and it would be a good recomp agent. It may be the only hormonal product you realy can access for this (since all the pseudo-trens are now banned).

Widely available using google-foo at $65.

Good enough price for what you get in a bottle (120 servings) to cover you on an 8 week cycle.

Side Effects

Some estrogen bounce back. Light PCT advised. If you are gyno-prone or worried, do a SERM. If you have gyno, don't use androgen related products at all IMO.

What are the long-term side effects of SARMs anyways? Something to think about...

Conclusion

If you are going to use a SARM, use Ostarine. S4 can put you in a dangerous position driving at night, or you could step on your wife's cat like I did cause you cannot see jack. If you are cutting and want to maintain muscle mass, or recomping, this is a good choice.

While I wish that A) I could just go run a masteron/tren/test p cycle, I can't anymore. B) Epistane was still legal, it isn't. This is a decent third choice that accomplished similar goals with 1/10th the effectiveness of the former, and 1/4 the effectiveness of the latter.