Death Punch The Super Dosed Pre-Workout Reviews

By: Hard Iron Labs

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Hard Iron Labs for sending it out!
  March 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Solid Dosages
  • Endurance
  • Limited Availability
  • More Flavors Would Be Nice
Preworkouts in 2017 have changed and for the good. Companies have gotten away from the 5g servings and up'ed it's game to usually 15g or more for any respected preworkout. Don't get me wrong I've had good preworkouts at under 15g that I've reviewed on SR. But majority of the time the bigger the scoop the better the product and Hard Iron Labs is no exception with their preworkout Death Punch. Thank you to SR and Hard Iron Labs for making this review happen.

First thing to address is this gigantic 23.7g scoop size!

This profile is packed with everything you need including 5g creatine, 6g citrulline, 3.2g beta alanine, 2.5g betaine, 1g agmatine and 350g caffeine. It does include black pepper extract and L-Tyrosine as well.

Hard Iron Labs pretty much took every staple clinically dosed ingredient, threw in some caffeine, pump support and focus support and called it a day. Sure there's nothing special here like DHMA to really knock your socks off but this formula is tried and true for effects and support that anyone should need in a pre-workout.

I had the blue razz which is their only option at the time, I would expect this to change soon if they wish to grow. The taste was pretty spot on for most blue razz that i've had in the past. Never overly sweet since I use about 16oz of water and it mixed well every time with no clumps or settling.

Energy- Don't expect an out of body experience unless you're sensitive to caffeine. The 350mg's is enough for anyone to power through a weight lifting session but I found it lacked slightly at times when compared to past products with DHMA, DMAA and other stimulants. It came and went and that's about what i expected with Death Punch.

Focus- I didn't feel much if any of a difference here. Again it's what I expected with the profile.

Pump- Citrulline is my go to pump product and mixed with Agmatine it was not a let down at all. Vascularity and muscle fullness was on point after a couple of slow and controlled reps of any pre exhaust movement. By the end of the workout it wasn't over bearing and I still had full movement of my arms so consider this a win!

Endurance- With the given ingrediants i knew i would find it easier to get the extra reps out i needed. Testing this proved treue with plenty of drop sets, rest pause sets, and super sets that got better each and every workout.

The value for Death Punch is one difficult to judge. At $39.99 per 30 servings you are getting $1.33 per serving which isn't bad in my opinion. Sure you could probably dose many of these ingredients together at a similar or cheaper price but good luck with mixability, flavoring and measuring everything out ahead of time. It's right on par with many of it's competitors and I wouldn't mind paying this price again.

Side Effects

No crash like with DMAA so no complaints here

Conclusion

Overall i was happy with Death Punch and think Hard Iron Labs put together a very well rounded simple preworkout. I would love to see a Death Punch Extreme version with the addition of more stimulants for energy and focus in the future. But for now the original Death Punch satisfies me and will likely anyone that tries it.
  • Blue Razz: 7/10

• Wis3guy
    March 11, 2017

Interesting that with that much caffeine it didn't hit harder.

• trey-carmine
    March 11, 2017

@wis3guy personally I get a better rush when other compounds such as DHMA, yohimbe or synephrine are added. It hit don't get me wrong, but not like others.

• Wis3guy
    March 11, 2017

I hear you their as well. As a self diagnosed stim junkie it amazes me what I can tolerate....