Death Punch The Super Dosed Pre-Workout Reviews

By: Hard Iron Labs

Death Punch The Super Dosed Pre-Workout is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Hard Iron Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

9.2
  March 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Solid Dosages
  • Mental Focus

Huge thanks to Hard Iron Labs for getting this product out for the reviewers to try. When I first saw the name I was skeptical yet excited all at once, so I went ahead and grabbed it. My workouts consisted of heavy cardio followed by weights.

I think they nailed it on this profile. Simple, dosed right and full transparency on the label. First, for pump effect, Death Punch packs 6g of L-Citrulline DL-Malate, 2g of Taurine and 1g of Agmatine Sulfate. Death Punch also packs 5g of Creatine Mono, which makes one less thing you have to supplement on the side if 5g is all you need. If you don't want creatine, then I guess you are out of luck. Next we have 3.2g of Beta Alanine, which was very evident. I'll get more into that in the effectiveness section. For caffeine, it has 350mg, which is slightly on the high side, but right where I like it. The only down side to this would be if you wanted to take other supplements with caffeine, such as a fat burner. They threw in 5mg of black pepper extract as well to aid in absorption. Those are my highlights, and overall, I think this is a great profile. Never stained my cups either.

I received the Blue Razz flavor, which I think is the only flavor they have right now. When mixed with 8oz of cold water as directed, it was a bit sweet, but the taste was nice. Exactly what I expect Blue Razz to taste like. Mixability was good. Sometimes I'd have some residue floating around at the bottom, but it was nothing that bothered me. Some foam initially, but died down quick. See my picture below. One thing to watch out for though; if you chew directly on one of those small climbs, get ready for extreme tart and spice. I did it a few times. That woke me up. Dosing protocol is 1 scoop with 8ozs cold water 30 minutes before your workout. I usually did it like this, but occasionally would drink it while doing my cardio before I lifted.

Death Punch's effectiveness went right along with its name. From the first scoop to the last scoop, this stuff delivered every time. First and foremost, the Beta Alanine tingles were off the chart. I have taken many pre workout products that have beta alanine, but not as much, and I don't feel it at all. Not the case with Death Punch. Sometimes I was itching myself like Dave Chappelle's crackhead character. I think his name was Tyrone Biggums. When I took it 30 minutes before my workout, I would just ease into it and start my workout. It wouldn't crack me out instantly and give me jitters or anything like that. When I sipped it during my cardio, it seemed to hit harder. That's when I would get the crazy tingles and just be ready to rock. This stuff got my heartrate up and got me sweating big time. I did my normal cardio routine a few times without taking it, and the difference was 100% noticable.

All I can say about the workouts themselves, pretty unreal. I think the biggest thing was the focus. I just wanted to keep going and going, and this was after 30-60 minutes of pretty heavy cardio. Sometimes I lifted for another hour or more after doing all my cardio. Almost every workout ended simply because I had to go home and tend to my real world duties. I feel like I could have just going.

Pump was good as well. Nothing off the charts, but definite fullness and vascularity increase. Recovery time was minimal as I just kept pushing and pushing. It almost sounds too good, but its the truth.

I found this on Amazon for $39.99. The craziest thing about this product though? 30, 1 scoop servings, and you should never have to use more than a scoop. In fact you, might only want to use a half scoop if it is at night time. That being said, this jug will last you a good while. Great value here.

Side Effects

After doing 45 minutes of cardio and going right into leg day, I did on only one occasion start to feel a little light-headed and nauseous. It only happened that one time though. Also, if you take this too close to bed, it could definitely affect your ability to go to sleep. When I worked out at night, I went 1/2 scoop.

Lots of tingles.

Conclusion

I don't know if I'll be happy with another pre-workout for a long time. This was up there with Nutrabio Pre and Pre-Extreme for sure, possibly better. I plan on this being my staple PWO when I'm not using anything from the TROOP program. Do yourself a favor and give this one a whirl. I really want to try some other products from Hard Iron Labs now. They hit it out of the park with this one. Thanks for reading and thanks to the TROOP program as always.
    • Blue Razz: 8/10

March 10, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Solid Dosages
    • Endurance
    • Limited Availability
    • More Flavors Would Be Nice
    Preworkouts in 2017 have changed and for the good. Companies have gotten away from the 5g servings and up'ed it's game to usually 15g or more for any respected preworkout. Don't get me wrong I've had good preworkouts at under 15g that I've reviewed on SR. But majority of the time the bigger the scoop the better the product and Hard Iron Labs is no exception with their preworkout Death Punch. Thank you to SR and Hard Iron Labs for making this review happen.

First thing to address is this gigantic 23.7g scoop size!

This profile is packed with everything you need including 5g creatine, 6g citrulline, 3.2g beta alanine, 2.5g betaine, 1g agmatine and 350g caffeine. It does include black pepper extract and L-Tyrosine as well.

Hard Iron Labs pretty much took every staple clinically dosed ingredient, threw in some caffeine, pump support and focus support and called it a day. Sure there's nothing special here like DHMA to really knock your socks off but this formula is tried and true for effects and support that anyone should need in a pre-workout.

I had the blue razz which is their only option at the time, I would expect this to change soon if they wish to grow. The taste was pretty spot on for most blue razz that i've had in the past. Never overly sweet since I use about 16oz of water and it mixed well every time with no clumps or settling.

Energy- Don't expect an out of body experience unless you're sensitive to caffeine. The 350mg's is enough for anyone to power through a weight lifting session but I found it lacked slightly at times when compared to past products with DHMA, DMAA and other stimulants. It came and went and that's about what i expected with Death Punch.

Focus- I didn't feel much if any of a difference here. Again it's what I expected with the profile.

Pump- Citrulline is my go to pump product and mixed with Agmatine it was not a let down at all. Vascularity and muscle fullness was on point after a couple of slow and controlled reps of any pre exhaust movement. By the end of the workout it wasn't over bearing and I still had full movement of my arms so consider this a win!

Endurance- With the given ingrediants i knew i would find it easier to get the extra reps out i needed. Testing this proved treue with plenty of drop sets, rest pause sets, and super sets that got better each and every workout.

The value for Death Punch is one difficult to judge. At $39.99 per 30 servings you are getting $1.33 per serving which isn't bad in my opinion. Sure you could probably dose many of these ingredients together at a similar or cheaper price but good luck with mixability, flavoring and measuring everything out ahead of time. It's right on par with many of it's competitors and I wouldn't mind paying this price again.

Side Effects

No crash like with DMAA so no complaints here

Conclusion

Overall i was happy with Death Punch and think Hard Iron Labs put together a very well rounded simple preworkout. I would love to see a Death Punch Extreme version with the addition of more stimulants for energy and focus in the future. But for now the original Death Punch satisfies me and will likely anyone that tries it.

March 9, 2017

• More Flavors Would Be Nice

I had never heard of hard iron labs, but when this came up the name caught my attention. I looked at the profile and thought it looked solid and worth a try.

There's no fluff here, it really reminds me of an older school type of preworkout. 6 grams of citrulline malate 2:1 and 1 gram of agmatine to help ignite those pumps, tyrosine for focus, taurine and beta alanine to help keep your muscles hydrated and stove of fatigue,5 grams of the tried and true creatine mono and lastly a very nice 350mg shot of caffeine for energy.

The only flavor i saw here was Blue Razz, a very popular flavor these days. Nothing really stood out here as far as flavor goes it was a little tart but not unpleasant. Mixing was fairly easy with a little bit of sediment that took some swishing around at the end to take care of but no clumps.

I took this at one scoop while getting dressed for the gym and the energy was indeed close to a "death punch" I felt really amped up by the time I got to the gym. I'm glad I go to a 24hr fitness place, because I'm not sure what I would have done with myself if I showed up to a locked gym while on this. I was able to power through every workout with energy to spare, I felt the "want to" to workout, but I really didn't notice any help in focusing on the weights, just blind energy. The muscle pump was there, but not overwhelming, very little vascularity improvement. The pump seemed to also fade pretty quickly. I like the full 5 gram dose of creatine mono, its been awhile since I supplemented with a full 5 grams or much creatine at all, but I did seem to be able to push out a few extra reps.

$40 for 30 servings sounds expensive. but unlike most products these days they go with 30 servings instead of 20 and fully dose and disclose all the ingredients. So I feel like the price is a good one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In this day and age there are plenty of preworkouts with aggressive names that put out a flashy tub and some junk prop blend labels that come up short, but this product delivers solid energy and good workouts from the first scoop to the last.

March 5, 2017

• SourTart Taste

Thanks to Hard Iron Labs for letting me try this out!

Simply put, this profile is stacked. It covers nearly all the bases and at great doses. The only faults you could possibly find in it is perhaps the choice of stimulant, creatine, or the lack of truly niche ingredients.

Hard Iron Labs deserves some props for having transparent dosing. Moreover, they deserve some serious props for having efficacious dosages for every ingredient. Additionally, 1 scoop of this satisfy most of your basic pre-workout needs. L-Citrulline DL-Malate (especially at the 2:1 ratio) and Agmatine provide killer pumps, Betaine and Creatine Monohydrate promote natural strength gains, Beta-Alanine and Taurine increase endurance, Caffeine (especially at 350mg) and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine improve cognition, and 95% Black Pepper Extract improves absorption. Most of you probably knew all of that, but it is worth articulating to demonstrate the comprehensiveness of this supplement. It is hard to really find an area where Death Punch lacks. Not really much else to say.

This mixed pretty well but there was some noticeable residue leftover in my shakers. Nothing of great concern though. A quick rinse of water and you're good to go.

I dosed this at one scoop before my night workout for most of the run. Occasionally, if I had consumed too much caffeine already, I would take half a scoop and add additional agmatine.

Without a doubt the taste was my least favorite part of this supplement. I completely understand that there are numerous raw powders that taste terrible on their own and are presumably therefore hard to mask. However, I've had similarly formulated supplements and this just did not pale in comparison. It tasted faintly and artificially blue raspberry-ish, with an odd aftertaste. I tried mixing it with more and less water but the only reprieve was that less water allowed it to go down quicker. Don't get me wrong though, there are most definitely worse tasting supplements out there and this is stomachable. Still, for the price and profile you can find better tasting competitors. My serious suggestion would be to test out more synergistic flavors. For example, lemonade flavors will go well with tart tasting powders.

This was one of my better experiences with pre-workouts. My favorite result were the consistently great pumps. The inclusion of both agmatine and l-citrulline were the likely culprits behind my arms feeling like they would explode. Perhaps even better than that feeling was the consistency with which I experienced it. Out of the ~35 uses I got out of a tub (sometimes half-scooping), I experienced those glorious pumps about ~30 times.

Additionally, I enjoyed the beta alanine tingles. I felt that, at the very least, cardio was a bit easier to do after a scoop of Death Punch. Of course some of that was caffeine, but I use enough caffeine to know when there is something else helping me push along and that was definitely the case here. Caffeine likely also contributed to the overall good feel rush I experienced after ~15 minutes. Additionally, N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and caffeine helped with focus after ~15 minutes. These were not game-changing results though. The focus and overall feeling of wellness did not compare to what you may expect from a dedicated nootropic supplement. Furthermore, a more diverse choice of stimulants could strengthen these feelings. Still, the effects were noticeable and an improvement from the usual afternoon lull I battle everyday.

I cannot truly say if the Creatine Monohydrate or Betaine had much of an effect but I do not blame Death Punch for this. I have been in a rut recently and I feel like that had more to do with it than a deficiency in supplementation. The science is strong on the benefits of these ingredients so I would take science's word over mine on this one. Ultimately, with such a great ingredient profile, it is unsurprising that I experienced the results I did.

I found this for $39.90 for a 30 serving tub on Amazon. The 350mg of caffeine sometimes necessitates half-scoops if you have consumed too much recently or throughout the day. Still, with an expected 30 servings, $40 will factor out to $1.33 per serving. Let's be honest, that is cheaper than any energy drink, Starbucks coffees, overpriced RTDs at the gym, and the popular underdosed multi-scoop pre-workout supplements hawked at GNC or elsewhere. I'd honestly rate the value an 8 but I think that for the price the flavoring could be a bit better. Fix that and it definitely worth your money. At the moment it is still worth the $ and I am all for the "I'll drink anything if it works" mindset but why be that extreme when there are equal but better tasting supplements out there? Just my $0.02. That being said, this is still worth a shot since taste is extremely subjective.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking Death Punch. Also, for what it is worth, I did not experience any cramping while using Death Punch - which I contribute to the Taurine. I occasionally get cramps (once every few weeks) and did not get any this run so it could be dumb luck or the Taurine. I cannot tell the exact cause but I felt that the Taurine could not have hurt and thus it was worth mentioning.

Conclusion

7.9/10
    I really wanted to give this above an 8 but the flavoring really held me back. I'm not a big stickler for taste if the supplement in question is extremely unique or satisfies a niche need but while this is a stacked pre-workout supplement, there are more than a handful of similarly formulated competitors that simply taste better. My view is simply, why settle? If Hard Irons Labs can improve the flavor then this would be a top competitor in my mind. In all seriousness, I would have likely given this a 8.7 (derived from averaging effectiveness, value [which would be higher with a better taste], ingredient profile, and perhaps a slight bump from lack of side effects) if it had tasted better. Nonetheless, the results I experienced warrant my suggestion to try it out for yourself. Who knows, you may like the taste.
    • Blue Razz: 5/10

February 17, 2017

• Limited Availability
    Hey, hey ladies and gents. I'm back with a review of a product that I would've never otherwise tried if it weren't for the TROOP program. Hard Iron Labs knocks it out of the park with this one. My favorite preworkout since they took DMAA out of JACK3d has become Outlift so when I try a preworkout I always compare it to Outlift to see what it has in it and what it does to me in the gym. Death Punch delivers!!!

I have become accustomed to Citruline Maleate in my preworkout. I won't by one that doesn't have at least 6g's in it. The pump it provides to me is unreal. Death Punch delivers 6g's. Creatine Monohydrate is another recent ingredient I have become accustomed to in my preworkouts. I like to see 5g's in my PWO. It keeps me from having to by and use my own except on my two days a week I don't workout so it saves me money that way. Once again, Death Punch delivers. I believe the clinical dose for Beta Alanine is 3.2g's. Death Punch DELIVERS. If you are stim sensitive you might want to start with just a half scoop because the 350mg's of caffeine might ruin your day.... or make you so hyper you workout forever.... one of the two. Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, Agmatine Sulfate, Black Pepper Extract, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine are also in this product. As you can see, from the ingredient profile, it DELIVERS. The fact that it is not a prop blend just puts icing on the cake for me.

Taste is great. I got the Blue Razz flavor and never met a blue razz I didn't like.

Mixability- Mixes great. I didn't notice any grittiness or it being frothy.

Dosing- Like I said above, if you are stim sensitive try a half scoop. If you're a stim junkie get you a scoop and go to work!

I really like what Death Punch did for me in the gym. I am deep in the middle of a cut (18lbs down) and sometimes find energy hard to come by. When I take this I get in the best mood. I focus in the gym better and I feel like the pump it gives me is better than the normal pump in the gym without it. I ran out of this about a week ago and can't wait to get my next tub.

$39.99 for 30 servings is well worth it in my book. The fact that it saves me money on creatine monohydrate and is right at $1.33/serving is ok. That's right on par with Outlift and Outlift Amped.

Side Effects

I didn't notice any side effects besides the taking on an empty stomach side effect..... in that case be close to a bathroom about 30 minutes after you start drinking it. Definitely don't get stuck in traffic.

Conclusion

In conclusion, you DELIVERED (See a theme here) a fantastic product Hard Iron Labs. I look forward to seeing what else I can purchase/try from your company. Thanks to SR.com and Hard Iron Labs for teaming up to awesome us little people a chance to try such products. I've told a couple of gym rats about this and even let them try a scoop to see what they think. They approve.

February 17, 2017

• SourTart Taste

First off, thank you to Hard Iron Labs for the opportunity to review Death Punch. I'm always looking for new PWO's to try out in hopes of finding a new one that really hits home. Death Punch definitely delivered but I had to mess around with the dosing at first. I received the Blue Razz flavor. Here we go.

Death Punch is advertised as a SUPER DOSED PWO, and I would have to agree. The label is fully disclosed so we know exactly what we are getting. First to highlight some aspects we have 6g of Citrulline, 5g Creatine Monohydrate (most PWO's have creatine, I didn't experience any bloating if you're worried about that), 3.2g Beta Alanine providing on point face and body tingles, 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous, and 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous!

I would also like to note that there is 5mg of Black Pepper Extract. I don't recall ever seeing this in anything I've ever taken so I found it interesting. I read that it is used for flavoring and metabolism.

Taste:

If you've read some of my other reviews, then you blue raspberry is my go to flavor. Death Punch wasn't terrible, but it also wasn't that great in my opinion. It was tart when it hit your lips and I guess I would say a really sour aftertaste. I tried with more water, less water, and even more water. No matter the amount it still had that taste. Wasn't a huge fan, but then again I've had way worse.

Mixability:

Mixed fine. You always get that slight little residue at the bottom of your shaker cup, no big deal. It did collect a small white foam on top after mixing but it was a very thin layer.

Dosing:

Based of the ingredients I figured one scoop would be enough. The first few times it was, but after that I had to slowly increase it. So I started with 1 scoop and worked up to 1.5-1.75. I never did a full 2 scoops. I took this about 15-20 prior to training.

At first I wasn't the biggest fan. Then once I slowly increased the the dose I really felt it kick in. I was previously on PWO that was 425mg of slow release caffeine so maybe that is why I needed to up my Death Punch dosage a bit. After that I LOVED Death Punch (minus the taste). Beta tingles, check. Focus, check. Energy, check. The only thing I didn't really notice was an increase in my pump, which didn't really bother me. I'd say my favorite aspect of Death Punch was the mental focus. It helped me to bang out some extra sets and I would still feel its affects when doing my post workout cardio. Death Punch is that PWO that makes you zone out at gym with a blank stare and people ask if you're okay and you forget where you are, seriously. Not just a one time zone out either, it happened during multiple workouts.

So for 30 servings this will cost you $39-$40 at roughly $1.33 per serving. Pretty good for what it does in my opinion.

Side Effects

Supreme mental focus because side effects aren't always a bad thing.

Conclusion

I would pick this up again when they come out with some new flavors. I believe blue razz is the only one available right now. I would be willing to pickup blue razz again if they did something with the taste. Most of us chug any supplement anyway, but I'd like to see this change a little bit. Or, change the name to sour blue razz so people know it will taste a little more sour/tart then your typical blue raspberry. Overall I enjoyed it though and would like to see it come out in new flavors.
    • Blue Razz: 5/10

February 15, 2017

• More Flavors Would Be Nice

A special thanks to Hard Iron Labs for their participation in the TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their PWO Death Punch. I've used more pwo's products I think than any class of supplements, even more so than protein. Of course, being the stim junkie that I am, I had to jump on this opportunity, especially considering the name alone.

So, do we truly have a PWO that really delivers the "death punch"?

A fully diclosed label? BIG POINTS!!!

Death Punch's profile is complete with plenty of well-known ingredients that we've typically seen in almost ever one of today's popular pwos. These ingredients include L-citrulline malate, creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine, betaine anhydrous, taurine, agmatine sulfate, caffeine anhydrous, N-acetyl L-tyrosine, and bioperine. Refer to the inset image below for a breakdown of dosages.

Death Punch quite literally covers the entire spectrum of PWO support with all of these ingredients including pump, energy, endurance, and focus. This is definitely on of the most favorable, complete, well dosed PWO profile I've seen in a while.

Death Punch currently comes in only one flavor; Blue Razz. I found the flavor to be good for the most part, but a little bit too tart if I didn't use enough liquid, usually water.

The products mixability was thorough and did not leave any undissolved grit or mess.

You generally would dose Death Punch as you would any other pwo. I took a full scoop about 25 minutes before hitting the weights.

Gonna resort to the category method here.

Energy (9/10): Nothing like a Death Punch to ignite the engines!!! This stuff gave me a hell of an energy boost which lasted throughout my workout and had an efficient consistency without any dirty or overly wired up jittery feeling. Overall, solid energy boost.

Focus (8/10): Death Punch gave me some real nice laser vision focus almost similar to a nootropic's effects. I was definitely less distracted and plenty more locked on to my weight bearing movement objectives with each and every workout. No complaints here.

Pump (8/10): As usual I noticed the pump and vascularity effects with high volume training. Nonetheless, I got a solid overall pump that had my muscles feeling full and constantly primed to beast out my intended sets. Vascularity was more prominent mostly in the legs and chest with some improvement in the other areas. In short, Death Punch pumps you up nice.

Endurance (8/10): With my new semester at college and work having me feel drained a little more than usual, my endurance was starting to dip a little. Death Punch allowed me to regain that level of endurance that had lagged as a result of some missed rest time. This was good considering my stamina is vital for my TUT sets and boxing training that I still do.

IN summary, Death Punch truly lived up to its name and shined in all the intended areas.

Death Punch, at the moment, is not widely available. The cheapest I was able to find was 39.90 for a full 30 serving tub. Hard Iron Labs does promote sales from times to grant lower prices, but if your were to consider the list price of the product, I'd say the value is not overly expensive considering the product's efficacy, but also keep a sharp eye out for those sales.

Side Effects

none unless your count beta alanine tingles

Conclusion

Death Punch has earned its spot in my list of preferred pwos for what it delivers. It truly does deliver a death punch with the power to give your backside a big boost of energy, pop those veins for the ultimate pump, give you good endurance support, and ensure you remain honed in on your objectives in the gym through focus increase. Just be sure to catch it on sale and when it becomes more widely available.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

February 9, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
    Huge thank you to Hard Iron Labs for their support of the SR Troops program. It looks like Hard Iron Labs is a fairly new and small company. It was really cool that they decided to put Death Punch up on SR for everyone to try and see how it stacks up. Death Punch is the super dosed pre-workout meaning that you aren't getting ripped off by some prop blend that won't do s**t. Welcome to the Death Punch MotherFu**ers!
    Hard Iron Labs pulled out all the stops for this beast. With death punch you get citrulline dl-malate 2:1 6g which was killer during my workouts. Next you get some Creatine Monohydrate 5g usually when I take this by its self my stomach really feels bloated but not this time. You looking for that endurance and tingly feeling yup got that. 3.2g of beta alanine. Looking to increase you squat or bench will you will get 2.5g of betaine anhydrous which really kicked in during leg days. The always popular Taurine at 2g which is nice a lot of companies only do 1g. Agmatine Sulfate 1g another nice pump ingredient. You have the caffeine content at 350mg only serious users please. NALT at 150mg for that laser focus and getting s**t done. Death punch is a great is and amazing non DMAA or DMHA pre-workout profile.
    Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    Now Death Punch only comes in one flavor which is blue razz and it taste amazing. Has to be one of the best tasting product's out there for taste. I'm not sure how they did but I could drink this stuff all day if it wasn't loaded with a lot of caffeine. Dosing and usage is pretty much the standard. Take 1 level scoop 30mins with 8oz of water 30min before the gym.

Effectiveness 9.0/10
    Wow death punch really took me by surprise. I really wasn't sure how the bad boy was going to stack up in the gym but yeah it's good, it's really good. First the pumps were crazy usually getting a pump while training arms is pretty easy crap I can even get one when I'm hitting triceps. But legs and back now we are talking some serious stuff here. During my back routine which I've been doing anywhere from heavy compound movements of 4 sets with 6-8 reps to doing a drop set on T-bar row starting with 405 working my day the going back up which is brutal. But my back was so pump that for a second I thought I was doing Kris Gethin 12 muscle builder program. Because holy pump city batman I was feeling real good. Now the endurance or what I called get the F out of my way make-up crew I'm here to train factor was really good. Death Punch gave me increase energy, focus and drive to push myself during the end of my workout where I felt depleted. The strength aspect was also really good it mentally pushed me to added more weight during and exercise or do a drop set followed by super setting two different back exercises.

Value 8.8/10
    Right now Hard Iron Labs is having a sale on their website where if you use the code OFF30 the total price goes from 39.95 to 27.97 a savings of 11.98 which is really good. You get 30 servings so if you want to try now is the time

Side Effects

Nope no side effects

Conclusion

If you getting tired of being short changed by supplement companies then try Death Punch. You will not regret using this product from start to finish. Death Punch is a product that I will be buying again for sure.
    • Blue Razz: 10/10

February 9, 2017

• Limited Availability

I want to thank Hard Iron Labs for participating in the SR TROOP Program. This was the first I've heard of this company and was eager to try Death Punch The Super Dosed Pre-Workout. The reason I was eager to try this was because of the transparent label and quality ingredients/dosages. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Claims:
    - Unstoppable Energy
    - Extreme Muscle Pumps
    - Anti Muscle and Mental Fatigue
    - Increased Strength and Power

As I said in the introduction the label is fully transparent with 9 main ingredients (23.70 g per serving). To me this ingredient profile screams more power/strength formula than focus/energy. Yes, there are focus/energy ingredients but not enough for me when compared to other products if your comparing to all categories.

Highlights:
    - 6g 2:1 L-Citrulline DL-Malate
    - 5g Creatine Monohydrate
    - 3.2g Beta Alanine
    - 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous
    - 350 mg Caffeine Anhydrous

Taste - I believe there is only one flavor available at this moment (Blue Razz). To me this tasted a lot like Blue Raspberry Sour Patch Kids, the taste was good but a little too sour for my taste.

Mixability - There was some settlement at the bottom but that was expected with 5g of Creatine Monohydrate. Besides for that, there really were no issues with clumping or mixing.

Dosing - This is a true 1 scoop pre-workout definitely because of the scoop serving 23.70 Grams along with the solid dosages. On training days I took 1 scoop mixed with 8-10 oz of water about 30 min before training.

To judge the effectiveness of Death Punch The Super Dosed Pre-Workout I'll use their claims on the tub.

- Unstoppable Energy 5/10: I didn't feel much in terms of unstoppable energy... Did I feel an energy boost - Yes! But it was nothing unstoppable or off the charts.

- Extreme Muscle Pumps 8.5/10: Training in the 1 to 5 rep range its hard to get a good pump so I did a few hypertrophy sessions to test it out. My muscles most notably my arms and quads looked like balloons and veins were poppin.

- Anti Muscle and Mental Fatigue 7/10: Most of the grading comes from the anti muscle fatigue component and not so much mental fatigue. I felt less fatigued on heavy lifting days and for days after (doms were much lowered). There wasn't much in anti mental fatigue to give a good grade on.

- Increased Strength and Power 9/10: This was the best claim/category for myself during the review duration. I did make some PRs over time and felt this was part of the attribution toward those. The added strength didn't come from high energy rather from the ingredient profile combination.

The cheapest value I could find was both on the Hard Iron Labs and Amazon websites for around $39.90. With the tub containing 30 servings... each serving will cost around $1.33. Although the ingredient profile and effectiveness were solid I wouldn't pay that price per serving for pre-workout supplements. If they price was brought down to about $1 a serving then I could see myself buying another tub of Death Punch.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I think Death Punch Super Dosed Pre-Workout is a solid 8 in my mind. This was definitely more of a pump/strength/power pre-workout without all of the added extras. Thanks again to Hard Iron Labs for giving me the opportunity to review this product.