Power 7 Reviews

By: GTN® Fuel Your Performance.

Protein > Blended Protein
Power 7 is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by GTN® Fuel Your Performance.. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

December 7, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Is Great
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Not Available Everywhere

I'd like to begin by extending a special thanks to GT Nutrition USA for providing the SR TROOPs program with Power 7 protein for us to try out and review. Power 7 is a uniquely formulated protein supplements containing a blend of multiple sources of protein along essential extras such as BCAAs, medium chain triglyceride, glutamine peptides, and others which I will discuss in the profile section. I used Power 7 primarily as a general supplement to meet my daily macro needs.

As a miscellaneous note, I'd also like to thank GT Nutrition for the free shaker bottle and samples of their other flavors.

As I mentioned before, the "Power 7" concept of the supplement stems from the fact that the core of the profile consists of seven essential protein and peptide sources. Two scoops provides a 24g dosage of a blend including whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, egg whites, and glutamine peptides. Since all these protein sources have their advantages in terms of things like absorption and release duration, it goes without saying this makes the supplement very versatile.

In addition to those prime ingredients, there are some essential extras such as MCT, maltodextrin, 4.8g of BCAAs, and sunflower oil. The sunflower oil helps provide some essential fats while the maltodextrin is a good carb source for glycogen restoration. MCTs atre said to help promote fat oxidation, making it a useful addition for those on a cutting or leaning phase. MCTs also help promote energy by increasing metabolic pathway efficiencies through enzyme production. Lastly, the BCAAs as we all know will aid in recovery and protein synthesis.

In summary, Power 7's ingredient profile makes for a highly effective and versatile supplement for virtually all athletes who need some extra macro needs.

I chose to review the rich strawberry flavor. I found it to be quite tasty in both water and milk. When mixed with milk or almond milk, the resulting shake was hella delicious. It had no unpleasant aftertastes or stomach upsetting effects.

Mixability was very good. Whether with a spoon and cup, shaker cup, or blender the product mixed thoroughly and completely. I never had any issues with undissolved clumps or grit.

I often used a serving of Power 7 30 minutes post workout mixed with a serving of bio serum 1 and usually that was the only time I used it. There were a few days when I used two servings, which would include a serving in the morning and then my usually post workout serving. I only used two servings on days when I believed I may not have met my usual macro requirements throughout the day. This was usually on non-training days. Either way, I found Power 7 to be effective in both scenarios.

When talking about effectiveness, we would gauge it primarily on how we felt it helped meet our personal intentions. For me, I guage the efficacy of protein on how I believed it helped meet my macro needs and how it aided in my recovery since those are my two main purposes of using a protein supplements. Power 7 shined greatly in both areas. 24g of a blend of several protein sources and a dosage of useful extras greatly aided my recovery, especially when combined with Bio Serum 1. Even standalone though, I still saw a noticeable improvement in my recovery in the form mostly of reduced DOMS the following day. The protein quantities were also sufficient in helping to meet my personal macro needs throughout the day, even though I stress constantly that food is always the best source for all your dietary needs. One thing I noticed was that Power 7 had a moderate appetite suppression effect. This was especially helpful in warding off those occasional hunger pangs you get in the afternoon. Overall, Power 7 got the job done for what I was looking for in a protein supplement.

The product sells for a price range of about 32-39 dollars. Obviously, you'd want to opt for the lowest possible price. In this case, a 31 serving tub for around 33 dollars is a very good deal when factoring in everything Power 7 provides. At a little over a dollar a serving, I think this price is on par with the supplement enthusiast's usual budget.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, Power 7 is most definitely a protein supplement I will be investing in further down the road. I highly sufficient blend of protein sources, amino acids, essential fats, carbs, and peptides creates a very well constructed protein formulation that will potentially yield some welcomed benefits for any athlete. As always though, be sure the majority of your dietary needs are being met through good wholesome food.
  • Rich Strawberry: 9/10

December 7, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Ingredient Profile
  • Builds Mass
  • Meal Replacement Drink
  • Strong Taste
  • Horrible Chemical Taste
Shout out to SR and GT Nutrition for this protein. I have always been a big fan of proteins as I feel they are a much needed staple in all diets. Either cutting, bulking, maintaining, meal replacement or whatever you use your protein for, I am a big believer that it is a much needed necessity.

From the website: "Power Protein 7 was designed to increase your overall protein intake throughout the day. But not only this: with Power Protein 7 you get a time-released blend of 7 different protein sources to fuel your body. At different digestion rates, you get a constant flow of amino acids to your blood, maintaining an anabolic state for a longer period. Power Protein 7 is rich in BCAAs and other Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) and also contains a powerful digestion complex to aid in protein absorption so you get more out of your protein powder."

There are a lot of claims in the statement so lets dive in and see how it works.

====================================

Ingredients: 8/10 - It has 7 different proteins, from milk, to whey to casein etc. I will not go into the details but you can look it up. Also it has an BCAA and an EAA profile. Which can be good or bad depending on how you plan on using this protein.

====================================

Dosage: 8/10 - So first issue I had with this is the scoop. The scoop was buried at the bottom of the tub and was such a pain in the a*ss to get. I had to MacGyver my way to it. It was no easy matter, I will give you that much. Otherwise, it has 31 servings at 2 scoops. I dosed this as strictly between my lunch and my workout time. I will explain below why I did it in this matter.

====================================

Taste: 4/10 - Okay so I thought with all the proteins out there and all the artificial flavoring it would be very hard to mess up a protein taste. Boy was I wrong. I received the banana delight. 1) There was nothing banana about it. It was bland and kina disgusting to drink. 2) It laked any flavor. Felt almost like I was drinking a thicker version of water. It was really hard to get to enjoy this. And Ive tried it both with milk and water. It almost had a chemical like taste to it.

====================================

Effectiveness: 8/10 - Now when I first received this product, I thought I would use it as an after the workout protein. But I was not seeing much from that. It did not help with recovery, I was not looking forward to drinking it and I felt like it was really hindering my gains. Usually I stick to Whey Isolates and some gatorade after my workout. So I decided to switch some stuff up.

Since I am on a bulking cycle, I decided to have it around 4:30pm everyday. Lunch was around 2:30 and my workout was around 6pm, so I felt like it would be the perfect window for a protein thats a blend, and has different time of release. This actually was the best time to take this product.

1) I felt full between and into my workout and I was not bloated throughout my workout, like I usually get when I drank different types of protein.
2) I drank it with milk and it helped me get some more calories and fat before a heavy workout, which always helped me get a more intense workout
3) it helped me hit my daily macros
4) If there was a time when I did not have time to have a regular food meal, this would a great replacement as it helped keep me full for longer duration of time
5) It helped me acquire slightly more mass and strength
6) and finally it helped me save some monies instead of buying that extra meal at that time of day.

====================================

Side Effects: 0/10 - No bloat, no bathroom runs, nothing negative about it.

====================================

Value: 7/10 - 30 servings for about $38. Its a bit steep but worth it when you think about all the protein blends you get.

====================================

Overall: 8/10 - Overall I think its a solid protein. Maybe next time do less artificial ingredients and please fix the god awful taste, otherwise its a product I would def buy in the future.

December 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Ingredient Profile

Thanks to GT Nutrition for participating in the TROOP program. Even though protein's can sometimes seem hard to judge and review, I always love the opportunity to try different kinds. I had a good feeling about this one right off the bat and was thrilled to be able to give it a shot. I seem to respond very well to blends versus straight whey. I also find them to be much more versatile in terms of usage. Here's how it went for me.

Right off the bat we have a very strong blend of protein types here; whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, egg whites and glutamine peptides. Then you have some nice extras such as sunflower oil, maltodextrin, soy lecithin and MCT powder. I really like the addition of medium chain triglyceride powder. Consistent research has taught us that MCT is an extremely useful addition to any diet, and can be extra beneficial in the morning, especially when cutting.

Each serving is made up of 2 scoops which provide you with 24g of protein, 5.5g of fat and 13g of carbs of which 5g are fiber. Each container provides you with roughly 31 servings, or 62 scoops overall.

This is a very complete ingredient profile in my opinion.

I received the Banana Delight flavor. I'm a fan of banana flavored stuff so I was excited to try this flavor. GT Nutrition was also kind enough to send me sample packets of all the other flavors. The first few times I tried the Banana Delight flavor, I wasn't very fond of it because it didn't have much of an initial flavor. All the flavor seemed to pack into the aftertaste. But after using it for a while, I came to kind of enjoy it. I always mixed it in a standard blender bottle with 9-12 ozs of water. It mixes extremely well and leaves you with a skim-milk-like consistency. If I drink milk, its always skim, so I found this consistency to be very refreshing. This also made me happy because some protein powders turn into a disgusting, thick sludge at 2 scoops, and this one didn't do that at all. The taste is also similar to a lightly flavored milk, again with most of the banana flavor coming in the after-taste effect. After trying all the other flavors they sent me samples of, I would have to say banana was my least favorite due to the general lack of flavor, but it was still OK.

Dosing is extremely versatile. You can use this protein pretty much whenever you want. The times I preferred it were morning and night time. It has everything you could want nutritionally upon waking, and also before going to bed if you don't like sleeping on an empty stomach. It can still be used as a pre or post workout as well. I personally like some straight whey for these situations, but this product definitely suffices if you want to use it for everything.

It's always somewhat difficult to judge the effectiveness of a protein powder, of course unless it makes you crap your brains out uncontrollably. Luckily this one didn't do that. No bathroom issues at all. In terms of recovery and performance, I didn't notice anything out of the normal. But this is a good thing because I like to think that I use high quality protein products regularly. The one area this product stood out for me though was when I would use it first thing in the morning. The great ingredient profile, including the maltodextrin, provided a nice amount of energy in the morning, and 2 scoops would curb my appetite real nice for several hours. That alone makes this product worth it for me. We all know how nice it can be when we go to bed knowing we have a reliable, good tasting protein drink to wake up to and start the day with.

Right now I see this product going for $32.99. At 31 servings, this comes out to $1.06/serving. I think that is perfectly on track, if not better, than most quality protein blends available. If you get lucky enough to find this on some kind of sale, I'd say it's nearly impossible to pass it up.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

This is an extremely well put-together protein blend. There isn't much else to say. I will be buying more, especially if I see it go on any kind of sale. I probably won't go with the banana flavor, but that's just personal preference. I'd really like to try some more of this company's products in the future. Thanks to GT Nutrition and the TROOP program for getting this one out there.
    • Banana Delight: 7/10

9.3
      December 1, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Is Great
    • 7 Sources Of Protein
      I would like to thank GT Nutrition and the SR TROOPS program for making this product available for review. GT Nutrition also threw in a nifty shaker cup, which is now one of my favorites second only to my SR shaker, which is a prized possession of mine of course. They also sent a sample of each of their other flavors, which I thought his was a classy move as well. Although I did receive this free of charge, this will still be my honest review for Power 7.

Lately, I've been really enjoying the blended proteins over straight whey. I think it makes it a more practical, and versatile product. This is a blend of seven different sources of protein, hence the name, including whey, casein, egg white, and soy. I like the fact that it has a few grams of fat, which I assume are from the sunflower oil, and I also enjoy that there are some carbs and decent amount of fiber as well. This all to me, lends it to a more versatile product, and more practical as an anytime protein supplement to do just that, supplement your protein intake for your diet.

I had the strawberry cake flavor, which was delicious in my opinion. Mixed in water, it was a great creamy consistency, and a really nice change from the hum-drum of chocolate flavored proteins. I was also sent a free sample of each of the other flavors as mentioned earlier. The chocolate was great, vanilla was decent, and the banana flavor was meh. I could see someone who likes banana flavors really like that one though.
      Where this product shines the most for me, was when I drank it. I will go into more detail about this in the effectiveness section, but I dosed this first thing in the morning, and post workout when necessary.
      Mix ability was also perfect, just a few shakes and it was ready to go, every time. No clumps or anything weird like that.
      Only thing I find weird, one serving is two scoops. This makes no sense to me, just make the scooper big and make it one scoop. Maybe it saves money or something idk, not a deal breaker or anything, just a note.

I wake up pretty early for work, driving a truck. I can't eat first thing when I wake up,my stomach just won't take it, so I usually don't eat anything until after I get to my first stop of the day, which is close to two hours after I wake up. A protein shake however, I can manage to chug down on my morning commute. The fact that this is a blend, and even has some healthy fats, and carbs makes this much more practical as a first breakfast than plain whey. It also kept me somewhat full until I got to eat real breakfast at my first stop. This to me was huge, and changed my morning routine forever.
      Same for post workout. I gave up the idea of needing a shake right after a workout nowadays, I just pound a big meal, but sometimes if dinner isn't ready I'll drink the shake, and it works well for this too. I won't lie, I do often drink the shake with dinner because it was delicious, and I'm a fat powerlifter that likes protein.
      No GI distress or protein farts to speak of, and made in the good old U.S. of A.
      A+ from me here.

This is the only spot where I have a bit of a gripe. This is only available in a 30 (actually ~31) serving tub. You can get it for anywhere from 32-35 bucks, making this slightly above a dollar a serving. To me is neither expensive nor cheap. What I really would like to see is a 5lb or even 10lb tub to bring the cost per serving down. Either way this is a quality product, which as become a new favorite of mine, and is in my opinion worth the money.

Side Effects

No sides to mention.

Conclusion

Overall, this really is my new favorites, and I will be using this for the foreseeable future. I already ordered a tub, and am getting two more as Christmas goodies. It taste great, and is a great alternative to straight whey protein products. If your tired of usual protein, give the strawberry a go, you will enjoy it.
      • Strawberry Cake: 9/10

November 30, 2015

Hello, and welcome back to another trooper review. Thanks to the trooper program, as well as GT nutrition or sending me out a container of Chocolate Mousse to try and review. As an added bonus they sent me a sample pack of their other flavors. So I am 43 working on a long term cut. So I use protein as a treat, and an effective tummy filler. I try and lift 3 to 4 times a week, I have been doing various cardio activities at least 3 times a week as well. My diet wishes to plead the 5th at this time.

All in all it is supplemental protein, so for me it is about taste and not too much extra stuff. So what we have here is a blend of proteins, however most are just milk derivatives, with egg thrown in at the end. Now where this takes a hit for me is the fact that it only has 55% protein per serving where mine has 74% and some are in the 90's. So what else do we have? Well we have 5.5 grams of fat which isn't terrible, however my normal protein is between 2 and 4 grams. 13 grams of carbohydrates, of which 5g are fiber, this isn't bad either because fiber helps keep you full for longer. Which leaves a few grams for other stuff.
      So all in all not bad, but if you are uptight about protein content then you would have to pick one with a higher content.

The taste of the Chocolate mousse was light. I used between 8 to 10 OZ and thought it was ok. Right in the middle. The Banana delight I would pass on, but it was drinkable. Both strawberry and vanilla cake where palatable, but I would stick to chocolate.

The Product mixed easily in my shaker bottle. Ten seconds of shaking and I was good to go.

Dosing is easy, they suggest 2 scoops in 6 to 8oz of water. I think that would make a thick shake, I do not like thick shakes. I did however do 2 scoops in 12oz of water and it was good

This is the reason for the delay in my review. I wanted to see if there would be a difference in recovery, fat loss or feeling of fullness, when I switched back to my other protein. The answer was...... not really. I didn't recover faster or slower, didn't gain or loose weight, I did however find that I was a little fuller on this than my normal protein. I am assuming that it is the extra 4 grams of fiber per serving. So take that as you want, if you are using as a treat or as an actual supplement it did its job.

So today on Amazon it is $38.04 and on their website it is $38.99, so $1.23 a serving. Where as my normal is $ 0.82 a serving. This is the deal breaker for me. I don't mind the extra stuff in my drink, but if I don't see an advantage....... I am not going to buy. Now my protein comes in a 5lb jug so I know that is part of it but come on people lets get this down a little closer to the others.

Side Effects

Zero, I had no tummy issues, no runs to the bathroom. So it seems to be a clean protein at least.

Conclusion

So, if you can find this on a great sale I would say you could try this. If they add a 5# tub that would probably help. Otherwise I would have to recommend that you pass. The flavors where ok but not outstanding. It is made in a GMP certified facility, and is made in the USA so that is a plus.
      • Chocolate Mousse: 8/10

March 30, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Is Great
      • 7 Sources Of Protein
      • Not Available Everywhere
      After seeing the reviews on sr.com for this product it really got my interest at wanting to check this protein out. This is a little different than your normal protein because it consists of 7 different kinds of proteins. From the way this worked for me this turned out to be one of the better blended proteins I have tried.

Ingredients:

Calcium 150mg
      Iron 0.27mg
      Phosphorus 100mg
      Magnesium 18mg

Power 7 consists of 7 different types of protein.
      Whey protein concentrate, whey protein Isolate, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, egg whites, and glutamine peptides (wheat), Sunflower powder consisting of (sunflower oil, maltodextrin, sodium caseinate, mono- & Diglycerides, Dipptassium phosphate, soy lecithin, sodium silicoaluminate, and tocopherois) Litesse polydextrose, coca powder, natural & artificial flavors, MCT powder consisting of (medium chain triglycerides, nonfat dry milk, disodium phosphate, and silicon dioxide), Cellulose gum, sodium chloride, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, papain and lecithin (soy)

I really liked the approach they went with this. It was nice having the 7 types of proteins in here. I don't always get these kind of proteins in me all the time and being able to get them in my system every day was nice. This I feel has a good blend of proteins in it.

Value:
      Right now there are only two places I can find this their website and amazon.com. Both sites want $38 for this. I don't think that is two bad a price for what your getting considering it does have 7 different kinds of protein in it. I would like to see them drop the price to around the low $$30 range. I think once other sites can start selling this it will help bring the price down a little.

Taste:
      They make three flavors Chocolate mousse, strawberry, and vanilla, I went with the chocolate mousse. I found this to be very enjoyable. It seemed like just the right amount of taste to it. Some people may think it will be to strong but not for me. When you open the container and smell the powder it smells just like chocolate mousse. I usually mix this with water and it still tasted pretty decent. There were a few times I did mix it with milk and that was even better but was fine with water. Would love to give their other flavors a try since I heard the strawberry is really good and pretty sure the vanilla would be good also.

Dosing/Mixing:
      This has 30 servings and each serving is 2 scoops. I normally took this post workout. This I can see (since it is blended protein) this could pretty much be taken anytime during the day. Morning time, as a snack during the day, or before you go to bed. This is why blended proteins can be nice because they can pretty much be taken when ever you want. Had no real issue with it mixing. Seemed to mix fairly well for me each time I used it. No clumping or anything left over on the bottom of my shaker bottle.

Protein powders for me can always be a little hard to review because its hard to tell if they are really working or not. For me I have to determine how well a protein digests in my system and what kind of recovery I got from it. This I found to be very good on my stomach. Never once did I have any stomach issues at all while taking this. It kept me feeling more full so I would not want to snack much after taking it. It's not going to be anything that is to heavy on your stomach or to light. Seemed to be just right on my stomach for me. It's really nice how blended protein work so you can use them for so many other things than just a post workout product. The recovery I got from this seemed to be pretty decent overall I thought.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I don't usually use blended proteins that much but this was a nice change to try. I was very pleased with this and how it worked for me. I feel this has a good solid profile and it works. I would really like to see some other sites start carrying this product line. If your looking to try something a little different in protein blends I would recommend giving this a try. I know this would be a product I would try again if I am in the need of this kind of protein again.

January 22, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • 7 Sources Of Protein
      • Strong Taste
      Shout out to the ER crew on SR and GT Nutrition for letting me test this protein out (And the awesome shaker cup- seriously, they shaker is one I use daily now!) I tried the Rich Strawberry.

I will point out what I liked most of the ingredient profile, as so many other reviews lists it completely:
      -every 2 scoop = 24g of protein *from 7 different sources* which I LOVE because I am constantly trying to vary protein sources in my diet.
      -total fat = 5.5g, a source being sunflower oil, which I don't have anywhere else in my diet
      -nearly 5g of BCAAs
      - 5g of dietary fiber (I need daily fiber in my diet)
      -Natural beet powder for color (I hate to0nd of artificial coloring/agents in my food)

As far as taste, it was a STRONG strawberry taste for me. I am not one for strong flavors of any kind, and I don't think it was bad at all, but for this reason I also shied away from using the whole 2 scoops sometimes.
      This mixed well in water, but better in milk whether it be daily, soy, almond, etc. I did best for me in soymilk, if I mixed it lightly in a shaker cup the night before and took it to work the next day. It never left residue or clumps in the container when I did this, I was VERY please with how well it mixed into milk with just a spoon as well. It mixes a bit thick, so I tended to not always use the whole 2 scoops, and I would add a little water sometimes so that it was a bit thinner when drinking.
      For 2 scoops (44 grams total) I would say this tends to be a little more total product for the whole 24 grams of protein, but being from varying sources and not just whey, I understand that this can be a reason for the total grams to be a bit higher.

9.5/10
      I would like to say it is a 10 out of 10, but I have a hard time saying there isn't always room for improvement. I would mainly use this mixed in a whole wheal cereal as a snack, as well as part of a mid-morning snack at work mixed in soymilk. It filled me up for the next several hours until lunch and it also never gave me any issues with burping/indigestion or other side effects.
      It also helped me meet me daily protein goals!

I see this going for about $38 per tub, at the cheepest ($1.26/ serving). I like to stay around or just above a $1 per serving because I am a "cheep" person, but for a mixed protein this really is not a bad price. It compares right along with everything else out there right now and for the value of the product you are receiving it is a solid price.

Side Effects
      None. I had no issues with this product as previously stated.

Conclusion
      I would DEFINITELY recommend this for anyone looking for a very convenient and fast way to meet you daily protein goals. As a mixed protein source I am sure I will try the other flavors.

Overall
      Overall
      9.2
      9.3
        January 9, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Is Great
      • 7 Sources Of Protein
      • Not Available Everywhere
      It has been a while since I have had a protein I have liked this well!. GT nutrition power 7 is a great blend!

Profile
      Calcium 150mg
      Iron 0.27mg
      Phosphorus 100mg
      magnesium 18mg

This is made up of a blend of
      Concentrated whey protein, isolated whey protein, milk protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, hydrolyzed wheat protein (glutamine peptides), cocoa powder (chocolate flavor), sodium aluminosilicate and silica ( antiumectantes), tocopherols (antioxidant), polydextrose, natural and artificial flavors, MCT, skimmed milk powder, sodium carboxymethylcellulose (emulsifier), sodium chloride, beet powder (color, natural strawberry flavor), sucralose and acesulfame K (sweeteners artificial) and soya lecithin. Contains gluten.

Effectiveness 9
      I judge protein by how well it digests and how well I seem to recover. With this I never had one stomach issue, I seemed to stay with me for a while,
      and was never heavy or too light on my stomach. This was perfect for either Post workout, Midday snack or Breakfast what ever you wanted.
      I really like blends and this one was no different. Great job GT .

Value 9
      This is going to run you around 37 bucks, and the cheapest I found was amazon, this brand is not widely available and I would think that when they are the deals will be much better. But for around 1.20 a serving this is not too bad and easily compares to others.

Taste 9
      I had Strawberry and this was dead on perfect. I am getting tired of Chocolate and this was so nice to try!

Overall 9
      Honestly not much to add or say about this. It works, good solid profile, Decent price. I wish it was available in some other online stores though.
      If you are looking for another choice of protein blends I suggest you really look at this one.