Carb Killa Reviews

By: Grenade

FORUM TOPICS
Carb Killa is a Protein Bar manufactured by Grenade. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  November 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasty
  • Crunchy
  • Baked
  • On The Pricier Side
  • Not All Flavors Are In The US

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I eat a lot. I like to have protein bars around for when I'm on the go or if I don't have a lot of protein in my meal, and I need a quick supplement. I've tried out a lot of different bars; most of them sucked. When there is a good one, I like to spread the word.

There are only 2g net carbs in each bar, hence the carb killa name. The rest of the carbs are either fiber or sugar alcohols. There are about 23g protein per bar and about 8g fat per bar, 4g saturated fat.

These bars taste good. Unlike high fiber bars that can be hard to chew through and much too sweet, these bars have a nice crunch to them and an easy going chocolate flavor (or white chocolate depending on which bar you got). They really are more like candy bars than what you would probably think of when you think of a protein bar, and I think that's a good thing.

Right now, the only flavors in the US are caramel chaos, chocolate crunch, chocolate cream, and white chocolate cookie. There are 5 other flavors (including one limited edition banana armour) and I hope they all make their way here. So far, I've had the chocolate crunch and the chocolate cream which were both good, but basically tasted the same.

I'm most excited for the dark chocolate mint and the banana armour.

Not really sure how to describe the effectiveness of them as you don't really feel food, but they are great for getting in some extra protein and fiber and for satisfying any urges for sweetness. I like them on their own or crumbled and stirred into greek yogurt. I do sometimes eat them first thing in the morning, so I'm not training on an empty stomach. They work well for that and don't leave me bloated.

They are on the pricier side, sometimes running more than $2/bar, but I'd rather pay for quality than get something cheap that I hate eating. If you shop around though, you can usually find a box of 12 for$22-23 dollars which I think is worth it.

Side Effects

Unless you're allergic to any of the ingredients, I don't think it's likely you'll have any side effects. I didn't. I do have some friends though that are sensitive to sugar alcohols, so if you are too, that could be a cause for concern.

Conclusion

These are good. Give them a shot. Grenade, get your other flavors here. I keep hearing soon, but soon is not now, lol.
  • Chocolate crunch: 9/10
  • Chocolate cream: 8/10

• ODAAT365
    November 15, 2016

I saw these are made in the Netherlands. I've seen a lot of supplements in my day but never one that was made there!