Ranks #85 (better than 67%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Arc Reactor is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Granite Supplements. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
  September 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Performance
  • Focus
  • Pumps
  • Solid Profile
  • No Crash
  • Clumps In Container

Hey guys I decided to go out and try a new pre workout supplement from a company that is fairly new...this supplement is arc reactor. I have never tried any products from this company, but after looking at the supplement facts I figured I'd give it a go. I was not let down.

6g Citrulline/Citrulline Malate
334mg Teacrine
250mg Caffeine
60mg Theobromine
45mg GS15-4

Overall the profile is solid. I believe that most of the ingredients are fairly well known, thus no explanation is really needed. For the most part they are all included in clinical or close to clinical dosing. I know that I would prefer the inclusion of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate at a 5g dose, but the 3g is fine as well. Additionally, I would have preferred more Beta-Alanine in the product. As for the ingredients that are more exotic, you have Vasodrive AP and GS15-4. I did not really know much about either of these two ingredients, but after watching John Meadows (the formulator of arc reactor) and reading some articles discussing the ingredients, I am happy they were included. Essentially Vasodrive AP is a compound derived from casein protein. It is included in the supplement's "prime pump performance blend" because it promotes vasodilation. GS15-4 is a patented compound that is derived from ginseng. It is included in the "neuro-amp/cognitive performance blend" because of its ability to improve mood and concentration while reducing reaction time.

As I said before, I really like this profile and think it delivers in the pump, focus, strength, and energy departments. My only knock is that Granite Supplements could have used more beta-alanine and could have used the patented creapure creatine monohydrate (or an alternative patented creatine).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The product mixed fairly well in water, with no real issues. The one concern that I think most consumers will have will be with the clumpiness of the product. When you open the container, you will notice that the product is extremely clumped together. It's almost like a solid block of pre-workout. That being said, I just broke it up with a fork and had no issues.

I had the tangerine flavor. I thought it was really tasty and refreshing. I looked forward to drinking it every day. It was fairly sweet, but not overpowering at all imo.

This is where the product shined. I had great workouts each and every time I took Arc Reactor. I had good pumps, solid focus, lasting energy, and best of all great performance. I wouldn't say that the focus was laser like. You won't get the focus that mesomorph will provide, but I felt like I was able to have good concentration. Additionally, the pumps will not blow you away. They were there, but nothing crazy. What was best about the product was the performance. I found that I was able to move more weight, and was able to recover quicker in between sets. If you want to go in the gym and get stronger, this product is for you.

Additionally, I found that there was no crash following my workouts. This is huge for me, because I don't have time for a nap post-workout.

I think the value is average. 20 servings for around $40 is a pretty high cost per serving, however I think that the product sells itself. It delivers every time, and to me that is worth the cost. For the average consumer this may be too high even considering the performance it will provide.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Arc Reactor will make you feel like Iron Man in the gym. I felt confident and was able to push more weight with each and every workout. I enjoyed the taste, and found it to be a great addition to my supplement stack. I do believe that the cost per serving is too high, but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a pre-workout that will make you perform in the gym and move more weight, this is for you. You can find better product geared towards pump or focus, but I don't think you will find many that are better when it comes to overall performance. This is a well rounded product that will not let you down.

• Brotein
    2 weeks ago

This looks great

• jeerree
    13 days ago

Thanks for being the first to review! I believe the clumping is due to the citrulline which is very hygroscopic (holds water from surrounding moisture). I know this happens on VPX Bang which also has 6g citrulline, and Beast Predator which had 4g (not to mention my tubs of raw citrulline malate lol). It might be the way things are going forward, which is bad for mixability but good for the industry as a whole as we get fully dosed amounts of citrulline.

Advertisement: