(Better than 87% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES
Check Amazon for Arc Reactor:
Arc Reactor is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Granite Supplements. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

9.5

• Solid Profile
  • Focus

-----
Update 11/07/2017:
The NeuroAMP / Cognitive Performance blend has a nice set of ingredients geared at coming together for mood and focus. Along with the perks of caffeine, it was purposely paired with real doses of Theacrine and theobromine to promote a better mood scenario in the brain. Other benefits of this particular grouping has to do with balancing out caffeine's side effects like anxiety, hypertension and vasoconstriction.

Although the pieces of the NeuroAMP side of the blend can contribute to focus and 'cognitive performance' on their own, N-acetyl-L-Tyrosine and GS14-S were handpicked to go to work on that. NALT works at the blood brain barrier for focus and to keep you dialed in during situations of physical stress. GS15-4 is a trademarked form of ginseng, specially fermented for better availability when absorbed. The benefits of ginseng has been out there for decades... but the protection against stressors and free radicals enables the other ingredients to stay with you throughout the day with decreased resistance.
-----

Intro

I have only been following John Meadows for maybe more than a year now, but I've been following Ed Koo's Iron Rebel for a few years. They instantly got my attention when they decided to come together and make Granite Supplements. This has been a long anticipated purchase and review for me.

Label

2.5g Betaine Anhydrous
1.8g Carnosyn beta alanine
1.5g L-Ornithine L-Aspartate
650mg N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine
334mg Teacrine (yielding 100mg)
250mg Caffeine
60mg Theobromine
45mg GS15-4

Taste/Mixability

I had the chance to sample Tangerine Burst not too long ago and I thought it was awesome. Then I got a container and had my experience come down a little from that first impression. Calling it a Tangerine flavor is accurate up to half a liter of water. The real bad news is that what settles is the part of the powder that really bites your tongue. My guess is the Teacrine is to blame for that, at least in part. I strongly suggest to keep the mix swirling between gulps... you do NOT want that bitter taste that will come at the end of it.

I got to about 2-3 weeks into the container and began to realize that it didn't look like I was a week or so away from finishing. It was time to measure the scoop (see the image). I had been working with only 20g out of 27g dosage, because the given scoop is too small. I've had a good back and forth with the Granite brand rep... so I felt compelled to let him know what I found so far. Turns out this is a known issue. The solution was that the scoops had to remain that size in order to fit in the already full containers. So if you're reading this and you encounter a 39cc scoop in your next container, be advised that you will need ~1 1/3 scoop to get the full 27g dose found on the label.

I'm a pump chaser. Any pre-workouts driven by pump and vascularity are the ones I keep my eye on. This one was worth it. It gloriously walks the line between water pump and N.O. vascular pump like a boss. I have to make it clear that Arc Reactor does not quite give you the greatest pump out there right now, but it comes EVER SO close. It leaves the last little bit up to you with the kind of work you do in the gym.

Putting a full dose of citrulline with 3g of creatine mono and 1.5g of HydroMax is a great backbone for any pump supplement. However, the real defining quality is how long the pump can last. I can only speak for myself when I say the pump stays with you ALL DAY... and I'm not exaggerating. This type of swole makes you change your walk. Even my hands were swollen all day like I had a bit batch of seasoned curly fries. VasoDrive-AP seems to be the one taking responsibility for this epic benefit. VasoDrive-AP's purpose is to promote vasodilation by blunting the enzyme that leads to vasoconstriction. Definitely does the deed here.

Paired with the well-rounded pump profile is the promotion of power and muscular endurance: citrulline, betaine anhydrous and ornithine. Any well-built pump product should have these types of pieces for sustenance.

The label also shows ingredients meant for focus. The focus may get lost in the fact that the caffeine stim isn't strong. Caffeine is under the 275mg border so you can receive the benefits without the jitters. At the end of the day, you have good mood and will be tuned into good mind muscle connection.

Arc Reactor is a $40 pre-workout. That might be a problem for some people that can't put that kind of money down on a pre. It can be a bigger problem when Granite isn't found at a lot of retailers. You're not being asked to pay $40 for a name... you're being asked to pay that for the brand's quality. If you have a retailer that will allow you to throw in a promo code then even better, but I'm very grateful to have finally purchased this product.

Side Effects

None that I've found.

Conclusion

Something that I enjoyed learning about was how effective it was working during the couple weeks of using only 2/3 of a dose. Cool but left wanting a little more. Then to have it at full strength became the real treat.

Not only did I find myself wanting to, but I actually was channeling my inner Mountain Dog. Heavy volume lifting, rep pauses, stretch pauses and more were a seriously fun grind. I hope Granite Supplement in general will find its way into some more of our choice retailers going forward. With Arc Reactor being any indication, it looks like the lineup is a solid one.
  • Tangerine Burst: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Performance
  • Focus
  • Pumps
  • Solid Profile
  • No Crash
  • Clumps In Container

Hey guys I decided to go out and try a new pre workout supplement from a company that is fairly new...this supplement is arc reactor. I have never tried any products from this company, but after looking at the supplement facts I figured I'd give it a go. I was not let down.

6g Citrulline/Citrulline Malate
334mg Teacrine
250mg Caffeine
60mg Theobromine
45mg GS15-4

Overall the profile is solid. I believe that most of the ingredients are fairly well known, thus no explanation is really needed. For the most part they are all included in clinical or close to clinical dosing. I know that I would prefer the inclusion of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate at a 5g dose, but the 3g is fine as well. Additionally, I would have preferred more Beta-Alanine in the product. As for the ingredients that are more exotic, you have Vasodrive AP and GS15-4. I did not really know much about either of these two ingredients, but after watching John Meadows (the formulator of arc reactor) and reading some articles discussing the ingredients, I am happy they were included. Essentially Vasodrive AP is a compound derived from casein protein. It is included in the supplement's "prime pump performance blend" because it promotes vasodilation. GS15-4 is a patented compound that is derived from ginseng. It is included in the "neuro-amp/cognitive performance blend" because of its ability to improve mood and concentration while reducing reaction time.

As I said before, I really like this profile and think it delivers in the pump, focus, strength, and energy departments. My only knock is that Granite Supplements could have used more beta-alanine and could have used the patented creapure creatine monohydrate (or an alternative patented creatine).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The product mixed fairly well in water, with no real issues. The one concern that I think most consumers will have will be with the clumpiness of the product. When you open the container, you will notice that the product is extremely clumped together. It's almost like a solid block of pre-workout. That being said, I just broke it up with a fork and had no issues.

I had the tangerine flavor. I thought it was really tasty and refreshing. I looked forward to drinking it every day. It was fairly sweet, but not overpowering at all imo.

This is where the product shined. I had great workouts each and every time I took Arc Reactor. I had good pumps, solid focus, lasting energy, and best of all great performance. I wouldn't say that the focus was laser like. You won't get the focus that mesomorph will provide, but I felt like I was able to have good concentration. Additionally, the pumps will not blow you away. They were there, but nothing crazy. What was best about the product was the performance. I found that I was able to move more weight, and was able to recover quicker in between sets. If you want to go in the gym and get stronger, this product is for you.

Additionally, I found that there was no crash following my workouts. This is huge for me, because I don't have time for a nap post-workout.

I think the value is average. 20 servings for around $40 is a pretty high cost per serving, however I think that the product sells itself. It delivers every time, and to me that is worth the cost. For the average consumer this may be too high even considering the performance it will provide.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Arc Reactor will make you feel like Iron Man in the gym. I felt confident and was able to push more weight with each and every workout. I enjoyed the taste, and found it to be a great addition to my supplement stack. I do believe that the cost per serving is too high, but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a pre-workout that will make you perform in the gym and move more weight, this is for you. You can find better product geared towards pump or focus, but I don't think you will find many that are better when it comes to overall performance. This is a well rounded product that will not let you down.

Advertisement: