New Jack is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Gold Star Performance. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

BroteinBoy
TROOPer Level: 3
  June 21, 2017

Thanks to Gold Star Performance for sending it out!

Big Shoutout to the guys over at Gold Star Performance Products for sending out a tub of New Jack to me (as well as a bunch of other goodies) through the SR Troops program. I train high volume hypertrophy style workouts early in the morning (5am), so Im always in need of a pre workout that can get me up and moving.

The profile of NJ is a proprietary blend (sort of) which does make it lose a few marks in my books right out of the gate. However several of the ingredient dosages are disclosed, so its not a total loss here.
The Highlights of the blend are:
Caffeine Anhydrous 350mg
A mix of: Beta Alanine, L Citrulline, Creatine Monohydrate, Synephrine HCL, Yohimbine HCL and the newest DMHA like compound: 2-Amino-5-Methyhexane

This product comes in a variety of flavours, I was sent the Cotton Candy. The mixability was perfect, no floaters or sinkers to note. The actual flavour was outstanding, not an overly sweet cotton candy, but a very distinct cotton candy flavour, well done Gold Star. Dosage is one scoop, and I experimented with between a single scoop (which was effective) and a 1.5 scoop as I got further into the container to see if I could obtain even better results with that. At 1.5 the stimulants were past the point of effective and were just too strong, I found my sweet spot at 1 heaping scoop.

Overall I was very impressed with New Jack for several reasons. Number one was the energy levels were fantastic, I was ready to walk through the gym door and crush the weights about 20 minutes after ingestion, a very clean long lasting energy that didn't come with a harsh crash. The mental focus and mood were also amazing, it must have been the 2-Amino-5-Methyhexane that did it but I felt confident in the gym and had an elevated state like focus. I did notice increases in sweat and body temperature as well. I was able to push through super set heavy workouts early in the mornings before work without having the come down/ crash when I made it to the office.

The areas that did lack however came with a lack of muscle pumps, with an undisclosed amount of L-Citrulline and Agmatine it seems as though they must be under dosed as there were no notable increases in muscle volume or pump during workouts. Another area of note was the lack of strength based ingredients like a strong dosage of creatine or something like a Peak ATP to work on the muscle power aspect of training. Therefore there were no notable strength increases that can be attributed to New Jack. No noticeable Beta Alanine tingles as well, which is something I usually suffer from, this does make me question the actual dosage of the Beta Alanine.

Retails online for 39.99 for 30 servings, this does place this at $1.33 per serving mark, however it gains points here because this is a true one scoop serving for most. Myself taking the heaping scoop places this slightly higher in terms of value, but I personally have no issue dishing out the cash when I know a product is proven to work for me.

Side Effects

No side effects of crash from this product. Obviously don't take too close to bed time.

Conclusion

In conclusion I was very impressed with New Jack from an energy and focus perspective. I truly was locked into my workouts and had no issues being motivated enough to train in the early hours of the morning. I would certainly purchase this product and give some of the other flavours a try. Overall if you're looking for a hard hitting pre workouts for a hypertrophy style workout this is a fantastic new option in the ever evolving pre workout market, if you're someone who trains in a strength or power based discipline (Like Powerlifting or olympic lifting) then you may want something that will give less stimulation but better increases in muscle power.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Mood
    • Cotton Candy: 9/10