Myopower BCAA Reviews

By: GNC

Myopower BCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by GNC. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
  March 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery

Hello SR fam. Onder18 here with another GNC product review. This time I'm reviewing the loaded Myopower Bcaa. I'd like to thank Clippy for sending this out to me as part of the bounty program.

NUTRITION FACTS
Muscle Power and Protein Synthesis 10.5 g **
L-Glutamine **
Calcium HMB (as Calcium -hydroxy-methylbutyrate monohydrate (HMB)) **
BETAPOWER Betaine Anhydrous **

Ok so I posted the ingredient profile. As you can see this thing is pretty loaded. Let's go over some of the things in here. First off you get 5 grams of creatine in a blend. Creatine Monohydrate, Hcl, and Citrate with mono being the heaviest. So you get a full dosage there with a couple different creatines in there for support. Those of you not aware creatine is used for strength output and recovery along with some size. I assume if you are reading this review you know about creatine. But if not thats what it's used for in a nutshell and it is proven to work. Next up we get 10 grams of Bcaa's in a 2/1/1 ratio. Full dosage there also. Bcaa's are used for recovery and help with energy also. More beneficial if you train fasted as I do. Next up is glutamine. Glutamine is used for recovery, gut health, and immune system support. As for the recovery aspects that is a bit debatable. The research on it is spotty and some people think it works and some people think it is a waste of money. Personally for me I'm slightly for it and it is a decent bonus. Taking it fasted is said to also help with energy and growth hormone production so it can't hurt to be in there in my opinion. Next up we have Betaine which helps a bit with power output and goes well with creatine. Not a great ingredient but not a bad one either in my opinion. Can't hurt and seems like a decent add on and is in it's clinical dosage. The research on it is mixed but it does have some positive studies on performance. Last we have calcium hmb. This is a metabolite of luecine which has some studies on it for helping with recovery. I like this addition. Also I like that it has 130% DV of vitamin D added. A lot of people are deficient in vitamin d and its addition is definitely welcome. All of these dosages are for two scoops.

So I used this post workout mostly at two scoops and sometimes one scoop pre and one scoop post. On off days I used this after work. It mixed okay but not great. The flavor was cherry limade and it was strong and sour so if you like sour things you'd love this. I recommend using atleast 24 ounces of water.

So as for how this product worked. It worked well. I recovered well and I gained strength and size. I also gained some water weight with this. Some bloat actually but that's because of the mono in it and the fact that I was still using my gnc creatine hcl pre workout. That's just how my body reacts to mono these days when I'm taking it with other creatines in a higher dose. As for the effects of this in the gym I can say that I was killing it. My endurance was up and my reps were going up slightly. My weights were also going up slightly on some exercises and I had to make myself leave the gym a few times. I do feel like my work capacity was increased. If I took this pre workout I would empty a caffeine capsule in it and add beta alanine and citrulline along with my creatine hcl. It was a little mild pre workout with good performance. I think this fits well in a hypertrophy program because you recover well and it puts size on you. No this isn't a miracle and you can still overtrain on this. But one of the claimed benefits of hmb is increasing work capacity and the ability to recover from it and I did feel those effects from this. This would probably be excellent for someone on a bulk.

49.99 for 20 servings. That's pretty expensive and a little bit of a reach for someone to keep it as a staple. Now if you use this at one scoop it's not that bad of a value but then the dosages are cut in half.

Side Effects

So now I do have a couple things to add in this section. This did put size on me but it was water weight and I was not very comfortable with it. I'm not blaming the product and that's just how I react to mono if I'm taking a high dosage of creatine. I did get some bloat and like I said I was not comfortable with it as I looked a little smoother. I'm not really into bulking and cutting as I just want to slowly get a little bigger and stronger and stay lean. If I gain 4 or 5 pounds quickly like that it doesn't feel natural. Like I said I'm not blaming the product that's just how I react. Maybe it was also because of the added carbs. I don't know. Now that I'm off of it I dropped the extra water weight but I did keep the little bit off strength I gained with it so that's a plus.

Conclusion

So overall even though this was in my opinion a strong product I probably wouldn't use it again or at least I would change up the way I used it. I would probably single scoop it and use it strictly post workout at one scoop with my regular hcl creatine at one scoop pre workout. Actually it would probably fit my needs real well that way and I probably wouldn't bloat at all. But I didn't want to use it like that so I can get the full dosages of everything and get the full intended effect so I can give a good assessment in my review. If I ever decided to go on a traditional bulk this would probably fit in well. But I don't do traditional bulks. A couple things I would change about this product if I had the choice would be to take out the creatine and take out the carbs. That way it would fit a larger crowd in my opinion. Or make the creatine in it mainly creatine hcl. That is just me though as that is my personal preference. Also I think this is a little too expensive considering you get 20 full servings. Either way this is a good product that I would recommend and I may or may not use again. But like I said that is my personal preference and I still have to give credit where credit is due and this is overall a good product. So I hope you guys enjoyed my review and I hope I gave you a clear picture of my experience with this product and my overall opinion of this product. Thanks.

March 7, 2018

Unless I am missing it, I do not see anything in the ingredient profile section about the 15g of carbs listed on the nutrition facts. Are the carbs all from cheap maltodextrin or from a source like HBCD? Do you believe the carbs added any positive effect to this product or just the possible negative of water retention?

March 7, 2018

I didn't get that part on the copy and paste. Good catch. It has 16 grams of carbs. And 1 g of sugar. Atleast that's wants on the label.

March 7, 2018

I guess I responded too fast. It is in the review. Look at the eighth line down under ingredient profile.

March 7, 2018

Yes, I see the carbs listed on the nutrition facts included in the review but no reference or explanation to the source of the carbs or if the carbs provided any benefit to this product.

March 7, 2018

I gotcha Bro. Yeah I'm not sure because on the bottle it only has what Iisted in the body of my review. On the bottom of the bottle it has the other ingredients like malic acid and fruit and vegetable juices for cor but nothing is mentioned about where the carbs are from.

Thank you.

At two scoops, this product is about 30% carbs by weight but we have no idea where they are coming from...those must be some magical carbs :)

• DaSlaya
    March 7, 2018

simple solution to copy and paste is don't copy and paste. If your not going to take the time to type in ingredients, then why should anyone take the time to read it? I get tired of everyone copy and pasting ingredients, you can just see the label online. WHy not just discuss the ingredients you liked vs copy and paste nonsense!

March 7, 2018

That's probably a good point Daslaya. I copy and paste for informative reasons and then just go over the ingredients afterwards and what they are supposed to do. But I do understand what you're saying and you do have a good point.