Beyond Raw Re-Feed has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Blended Protein

Beyond Raw Re-Feed Reviews

By: GNC

Protein > Blended Protein
Beyond Raw Re-Feed is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by GNC. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Beyond Raw Re-Feed has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Protein > Blended Protein

Only 4 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

November 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Quicker Recovery
  • Bit Pricey
  • Funky Aftertaste
Taste/Mixability: 8/10
The chocolate tasted alright. There is a slight aftertaste that can get to you at first but it's not a big deal. Functionality over taste right? Mixibility is perfect no problems there at all.

Ingredient Profile: 9/10
I agree with other people the ingredients in here are clutch. It's loaded with 25g's of casein and in addition it has L-Leucine and fenugreek for test/recovery and has an awesome antioxidant complex with too many great things to comment on!

Awesome product! I notice that I sleep much better and wake up feeling recharged. Recovery is noticeably faster so if I do a killer workout and take this at night it definitely speeds up the recovery process.

Let's face it, I'm cheap. I don't like spending extra money and if I can get a good product for cheap I will. I would buy this again if I had the money, but it is a little expensive. If you have the money, get it. If not there is no need to go out of your way to get it, just buy some food from the store and eat before you go to bed and you'll be fine.

THE SHORT: Good product, but it's a little pricey. If you're broke don't buy it. If you have the extra $$$ go for it because you will notice a difference.

October 9, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Unique Concept
  • Priced High
  • Works Almost Too Well
What!? Petey is reviewing a GNC product!? Yes, you've seen it correctly. After the recommendation of Manimal, Clipper83 and one of my good friends from college all recommended this product, I finally broke down and bought two tubs of this when it was a BOGO half off. Re-Feed is a unique idea when it comes to a protein supplement, and I was excited to try it the first night I had it.

Taste/Mixability: 9.6/10
I was very impressed with both the chocolate and vanilla flavors. The first few times you try this stuff, you'll definitely be aware that it is full of different herbs when you smell and taste the product, but after a few uses, you'll start looking forward to it. I think that the more you use it, the more you like it, even after going through 2 tubs. The taste is probably the best out of all the casein proteins I've tried, and I feel that the herbs even enhance the experience. It mixed smooth every time, and the texture was smoother than many caseins.

Ingredient Profile: 9.5/10
This is another area that shines for me. I was intrigued by the inclusion of all the relaxation herbs and the antioxidants included in a high quality casein protein. Typically, GNC plays it traditional and doesn't really go out of their way to create something innovative, but this is definitely a one of a kind concept to combine the two. The ingredients are all at an effective dose, and I feel that they were chosen carefully to make it a well rounded nighttime recovery blend.

Effectiveness: 9.7/10
This stuff is fantastic. I'm not going to rate the protein itself, as you won't really notice any difference in terms of effectiveness as casein is casein (as long as there aren't digestive issues), but rather the herbal blend. Every time I took this, I did get a nice feeling of relaxation, and this stuff was especially fun to take the night before you get to sleep in. You rarely wake up before your alarm goes off. This is is also a drawback though, as I actually slept through my alarm one weekend when taking this. Despite the awesome, deep sleep, I never really got the 'sleep hangover' that I get from other sleep oriented products, which is another huge plus.

Value: 7.8/10
While this is an innovative product of a very high quality and effectiveness, I have to take a significant amount of points off here as this is a pretty pricey product to use. At nearly $50 for 2.5 lbs, this is definitely a product on the steep side. I attribute this to being a GNC exclusive, which is unfortunate because otherwise I'd probably make it a staple. Bring down the price and the value will definitely increase.

Overall: 9.3/10
I really enjoyed this product and look forward to it going on sale again. The sleep is awesome, the taste is great and it is overall a really great product. The kicker is indeed that price tag, so if you happen to see this on sale, I'd definitely give this product a try. I'd go as far as saying it's hands down GNC's best product from their line of products. Well done, GNC...now just fix the price issue.

-AP

September 13, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quicker Recovery
  • Deep Sleep
  • Leaves Grit In Shaker
  • Bit Pricey
Clipper pretty much said it straight. I think this is an excellent product. I'm now finishing up my second tub.
Taste: Won't comment too much on taste because something has got to be pretty bad for me not to like it. The only thing i don't like is that there's always grit left in my shaker after i drink it (which i'm assuming is the herbs in it).
Effectiveness: I usually take this about an hour before bed and i sleep like a baby. One of my coworkers claimed it made him have some twacked-out dreams but i haven't experienced that. Compared to normal, however, i'm much less sore the next day.
Value: GNC just recently went up on all their protein prices. Personally, i have a gold card and i'm military so it only costs me about $40 but it costs a bit more off-base.
Overall i'd recommend this product. it may be a bit more on the pricey side but it does it's job. Hope this is of some help to somebody.

May 26, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Too Much Will Make You Sleep Too Long
I decided to pick this up because it had an amazing profile to it. It is part of the Beyond Raw line at GNC. While I know everyone here loves to bash GNC for their high prices, this one is another hidden gem in their trash pile(wheybolic and Creatine 189 being the others).
Here is the profile.

Serving Size 2 level scoop(s)
Servings Per Container 24

Thiamin (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 20.00 mg 1333%

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 20.00 mg 1000%

Zinc 30.00 mg

Anabolic Complex 5.60 g **

L-Leucine Micronized L-Leucine Fenugreek Extract (Trigonella foenum-graecum)(seed)(Standardized for Fenuside) **

Muscle Recovery System 5.03 g **

L-Glutamine Micronized L-Glutamine Resvida® trans-Resveratrol **

Antioxidant System 155.00 mg **

Lutemax 2020 Lutein Quercetin Spectra Total Orac Blend (2000 ORAC) **

Herbal Relaxation Complex 300.00 mg **

Valerian Root Extact Suntheanine L-Theanine Lemon Bal Extract Hops Flower Powder Passion Flower **

Now looking at it, the main ingredients are of course Casein, ZMA, and Valerian Root. 3 great supplements for nighttime nutrition.

Taste(8/10). When you first open the tub, you notice the color being off. I had the vanilla flavor. Instead of the traditional white I'm used to from ON Casein, It has more of a yellowish tint to it along with many noticeable particles of herbs from fenugreek and valerian. It smells "herby". The herbs don't ruin the taste but they are noticeable. I can see somebody not liking the taste because of that but I had no problem with it. A plus is that unlike other caseins, it is not thick, in fact, you can compare it to other wheys in terms of thickness.

Efectiveness(9/10) This is supposed to aid in sleep as well as being a casein. It does what you would expect it to do. I got vivid dreams from the ZMA as well as the deep sleep valerian root provides. I was taking this alone at night so I know my sleep was being effected by this. I stopped all other sleeping agents(PowerFULL) to review this product. A problem I had was when I overdosed on it. I took 4 scoops one night and ended up sleeping for 11 hours along with laying in bed for 3 extra hours. Ruined my day off. But that just tells me it works. Quality sleep is what this product provides when taken correctly !

Value(7/10) This is being harsh actually. It is $50 for 24 servings. Which is not horrible but I would say it would be better at $40(It's actually cheaper than the %100 Casein that GNC caries). I work at GNC so I get discounts so it doesn't matter too much to me but if you come in on a gold card week and BOGO this you can get it for $20 which is a very good deal for this.

Overall this is a good quality product which delivers. Good quality sleep along with 25 grams of protein per serving. Do not overdose ! I would not say this will become a staple in my stack but I will pick it up from time to time when I feel extra motivated to get quality sleep. You could just eat cottage cheese, take a valerian root pill, and take ZMAs by themselves. But if you are like me and hate cottage cheese, then this is a good way to go. I recommend this product. Not a staple product, but a fun one to try out.