Beyond Raw Precision BCAA Reviews

Overall
Overall
  January 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery

Hello SR. Onder here with a review. This time I'm gonna do my first review on an amino product. I'd like to thank Clippy for sending this product out to me as part of the bounty program. Hopefully this review is solid enough to repay him.

NUTRITION FACTS
    L-Leucine (as Micronized L-Leucine) 5 g **
    L-Isoleucine (as Micronized L-Isoleucine) 2.5 g **
    L-Valine (as Micronized L-Valine) 2.5 g **
    Power & Recovery 1.75 g **
    InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus Extract (Opuntia ficus-indica)(pads and fruit skins) 1 g **
    PeakForce WATTS'UP (Citrus sinensis)(Standardized to 80% Rutinoside = 400 mg) 500 mg **
    Univestin (Chinese Skullcap Root Extract (Scutellaria baicalensis), Clutch Tree Wood & Bark Extract (Acacia catechu)) 250 mg **

So looking at the ingredient profile this thing is pretty well dosed from what I see. 10 grams of aminos and 2.5 grams of betaine alone would make for a good recovery product. But I think it's the extra ingredients and combination of ingredients that really made this effective for me. So let's go over what's in this thing.
    First off you have 10 grams of Bcaa's in the 2/1/1 ratio. There are other ratios and I think they are effective but 2/1/1 is the studied ratio so I'm happy with that. Bcaa's are supposed to help with performance and recovery and are supposed to be extra beneficial if you train fasted. I train fasted so that's right up my alley.
    Then you have the performance enhancer betaine at 2.5 grams which is the studied dose. Betaine is supposed to help with power and endurance. It's still a little under studied and still a bit inconclusive but it does have atleast some studies backing it's performance enhancing claims. It also is touted to go well with creatine and I take creatine so that's a plus.
    Now for the less known ingredients. First up we have InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus extract. This is from what I can tell for uptake. According to Web Md prickly pear is effective for diabetes and can decrease blood sugar by 17-48% in some people. Next up we have Peak Force What's Up. Citrus Sinesis standardized for 80% rutinoside. (wow thats a mouthful).
    According to their website-
    WATTS'UP is an all-natural citrus fruit extract designed to improve power and energy in trained athletes and sporty people.
    MITOCHONDRIA ARE THE POWERHOUSES OF THE CELLS. Muscle cells require a lot of energy, which is produced by the mitochondria, for daily activities and exercise. Mitochondria convert energy extracted from nutrients into ATP, the fuel of our muscles.

In vitro studies carried out by the University of Liege have shown the capacity of WATTS'UP to increase the mitochondrial efficiency in generating more ATP at constant oxygen levels.
    All these supposed results that the website claims are from 500 mgs. a day. Here we get a gram so that's a plus.
    Last you have Chinese Skullcap and Clutch Tree wood and bark extract. From my research these herbs help with reducing inflammation.
    So as you can see this has a pretty good ingredient profile with some unique ingredients that are patented.

So the dosing on this is 2 scoops and you get 30 servings. If you use 1 scoop you can stretch this to 60 servings but I used 2 scoops. The taste I received was gummy worm and it was awesome. I had this flavor with the GNC Lit pre workout and enjoyed it and I figured thats why Clipper sent me this flavor. I used 2 scoops post workout and 2 scoops after work on off days from the gym. I did not use this intra workout and I did not exceed 2 scoops a day.

So now the important part. Did this work? Well the answer is definitely yes. I used this as part of a stack. When I recieved this I did not change anything in my stack I only added this because I wanted to see the true effectiveness of adding only this product to my stack. My stack was my basic vitamins and fish oil, maca and creatine, and an intraworkout with eaa's in it(Cellucor Alpha Amino was the one I was using during this run). So keep these things in mind when I'm rating the effectiveness. So let's go over what I got out of this product. Mainly recovery. I seemed to rarely get sore like I used to and I definitely recovered quicker between workouts. I was able to regain my strength between workouts quicker and I added more heavy days. I like to train heavy with low reps but also incorporate medium and higher reps into my workout but train heavy as often as I can as long as I recover well from it and I always try and use progressive overload and slowly add reps and weight. I also like to hit each body part 2 sometimes 3 times a week depending on my volume and recovery. Since I have been training this way my progress has been better. While on this product I was able to keep going hard with less need for a lighter day. My progress continued and seemed to speed up a bit and my muscles seemed to get fuller. My first couple weeks my physique seemed to tighten up a little day by day even though I wasn't eating any different and I definitely wasn't cutting calories. Maybe it was the Prickly Pear. I don't know. That leveled off after a couple weeks though.
    Overall I was pleased with this product. I know some people would probably use this intra workout but I wanted to use it post workout because the instructions say to use it post workout and I wanted to give it a fair review. I rate the effectiveness of this well because when I added this to my regimen it seemed to amplify the effectiveness of my entire stack. So even though this was part of a stack I feel like this made a noticeable difference.

This cost about $40.00. Not great but really not bad for the results I got from it. A lot of people would probably use this at 1 scoop and get 60 servings out of it

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was pleased and surprised with this product. Gnc may not be perfect but they have gotten better over the years and make some quality products nowadays. This is one of them. Would I use this again? Yes. I've already purchased another container. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you guys liked it.