Beyond Raw Micellar Casein Protein Reviews

By: GNC

(Better than 69% in Casein Protein)

Beyond Raw Micellar Casein Protein is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by GNC. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  November 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Versatile
  • Flavorless
  • Fairly Pure Casein
  • Great Price
  • Can Be Expensive If Dosed Heavily

A unique, versatile Casein that can be dosed as needed. I used this with my night sleep aids as well as with a Whey Isolate to turn it into a blended protein post workout. Flavorless, adds a nice creamy texture, and a fairly cheap price depending on how you use it. I recommend this product.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. I saw Micellar Casein Protein on the bounty list, and found it to be a unique product, at least in my eyes. I used up some bounty points and decided to give this a shot, as it seems that any GNC product I try lately has been working out well for me. Thank you to SR for having the bounty program in place, and for the opportunity to exchange some points to give it a shot. Let us see just how versatile this Casein is.

The main ingredient in here is Micellar Casein Protein. Each scoop nets you 5g of Protein. Each scoop also comes with 20 calories, 5mg Cholestorol, 116mg Calcium, 12mg Sodium, and 5mg Potassium. Easy enough to fit in your daily routine, with no added carbs.

Casein protein is the protein found in the curds of milk and is slowly absorbed by the body. A lot of people take this at night to provide a slow releasing source of protein while you sleep. There are also some benefits to taking Casein post workout, as it does aid in muscle recovery and growth. Personally I like a blended protein (Whey + Casein) for post workout, and to take straight Casein at night before bed.

Taste: This is unflavored and does not taste like a thing. This will make whatever you add this too a little more of a creamy texture, but it truly is flavorless.

Mixability: Mixes with water or other powders in water very easily, as mentioned above you will notice a very slight creamier texture, but that is all.

Dosing: You really take this as needed. I tended to dose 1-2 scoops with my Sleep Aid at night, and 1-2 scoops with a Whey Isolate post workout to create my own blended protein.

Tough to gauge for the most part, but I gauge Casein Protein on the fact if it did slow release in my body at night, meaning I would not wake up hungry. At one scoop with a night sleep aid I would still wake up hungry, but 2 scoops (10g) seemed to be enough to where I would not wake up hungry. Most straight Casein products are around 25g Casein, but I never dosed it that high. With my Post workout Whey Isolates I found 2 scoops to mimic a blended protein. In my experience, blended proteins are around 10g Casein, so this seemed to be a great use of this product.

What I like about this product is how flexible and versatile it is. You can combine this with just about anything or drink it by itself in some water. Whenever you feel the need for some slow release protein, you just mix it in. There is not much else to say here, but I think this product is very unique and fairly pure.

So this is the shining moment of this product. We all know that Casein is typically expensive unless you buy it in bulk. You can find this on the GNC site or from Amazon for $9.99 for 50 servings. Since I used this only a couple scoops at a time this lasted me quite a while. If you were to use this at 5 scoops a time to mimic 25g Casein then this would not be a good deal at all. As 2 scoops were effective for me and gave me the ability to take this in my sleep aid at night, or to make my own blended protein I think this is a great deal. Use this smartly, and you can save some money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed the run of this product, and I even did an extensive google search to see if I could find a product with small doses of Casein, but I could not. GNC has something going here, and its a pretty cool product in my eyes. I would definitely pick this up again in the future, so I can turn my Whey Isolates to blended proteins post workout, without having to have multiple tubs of Protein on the counter. If you are looking to add in some Casein during your day, or at night, then I would recommend you give this a shot.

• MarsheS
    13 days ago

Great idea, seems like a good product!

• Wis3guy
    13 days ago

Nice job. I agree with you that GNC seems to be upping their game.....

• DaSlaya
    12 days ago

Yeah marshes, now it probably makes more sense when I say in my log that I combined one scoop of Casein with Isolate....it truly is a great unique product. Wis3guy, yup they are still innovators.

• MarsheS
    12 days ago

Hahaha @DaSlaya, when I first read that, I was like daaamn, this guy is taking Protein like a boss hahahaha

Advertisement: