Beyond Raw L-Glutamine Reviews

By: GNC

Beyond Raw L-Glutamine is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by GNC. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Overall
Overall
6.8
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  May 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Soreness
  • Heath And Well Being
  • Progress Towards Goals

Quality ingredient and dose, but too expensive to recommend.

Back at it again SR with a review of GNC's Beyond Raw L-Glutamine. There's a lot of people on both sides of the fence on Glutamine as a supplement with some people swearing by it's muscle synthesis, recovery, immune system support, and others saying a lot of it's effects are lost in the gut and really don't help. I happen to be a big fan of glutamine, and I think quality makes a big difference in a lot of the glutamine supplements I have tried. When I'm on a good glutamine, everything seems to "work" better. Muscles recovery faster, I see gains more quickly, soreness is reduced, and I just feel better while running it. That being said, let's see if Beyond Raw Glutamine stood up to the test.

Pretty simple one ingredient profile, 5 g of L-Glutamine. This is the dosage most people look for, so nothing really to complain about at all here. This doesn't have the transparency of say NutraBio with the claims of facilities and purity etc., but your body can tell so I was going to let it tell it's story.

Dosing is whenever, however this being unflavored I would always dump it into something flavored whether it's a preworkout, protein supplement, other beverage etc. I like to spread out my meals, bcaas, glutamine intake etc so it would depend on time of day, training times, etc. but I always took one serving per day.

So bottom line this works, and I felt all the usual benefits of added glutamine in my diet. I felt overall better while taking this, made progress in the gym, soreness was noticeably reduced, and made some improvement in body recomp. Of course this is due to proper diet and training and other supplements as well, but when you run stuff all the time you can feel a difference and I felt it with this product. Overall, a solid one ingredient recovery supplement here that can compete, except for the price...

At first glance, this is cheap! Only $17 for 30 servings. Seems great for all the benefits Glutamine can potentially give you. However, a great Glutamine supplement with known purity standards like Nutrabio has a 100 serving Glutamine supplement in the same 5g dosage for $20. For $3 more and more than triple the servings, I can't recommend this to anyone until the price comes way down.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A nice, effective, simple one ingredient product that is just too expensive at this time.

• MarsheS
    May 4, 2018

I assume you lowered effectiveness because you couldn't use 2 or 3 scoops per day because of the 30 servings... am I right?

• Vaughn
    May 5, 2018

Yes sir, other glutamine products always suggest 1-2 servings per day, and sometimes I do that sometimes I dont. Usually just on compound heavy lift days, but not an option here.