Beyond Raw Iso-Peptide Protein Reviews

By: GNC

Protein > Whey Protein
Beyond Raw Iso-Peptide Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by GNC. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  June 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Efficient Protein Sources
  • Far Too Expensive
  • Mixability Needs Improvement

GNC's Beyond Raw Iso Peptide Protein is an interesting and effective protein supplement. The problem is the price tag will most likely have users turning the other cheek towards more cost effective protein products.

A special thanks to Clippy and SR.com for providing Beyond Raw Iso Peptide Protein to the SR TROOPS to try. GNC's brand product is something I tend not to pay much attention to since I find most of the products on their line over priced, over hyped, and not the best of quality. However, when it comes to their protein products, there are a select few that do catch my interest if I can find them on good value. Beyond Raw Iso Peptide Protein looked interesting enough, so I decided to pull the trigger.

After all, it's protein, and we bros need our protein.

Each scoop provides 30g of protein. The protein is derived from an iso-peptide duo of protein sources and other whey sources. In the iso-peptide source, it's a combination of hydrolyzed collagen and whey peptides. These peptides are said to highly bioactive and quickly absorbed. They also provide a source of high yield amino acids. According to the label, this source makes up 10g of the 30g of protein.

The other protein sources include 10g of whey protein isolate and 10g of micellar casein.

Each serving also contains a 13g dosage of BCAAs. From the 13g, 10g is leucine while the other 3g consists of isoleucine and valine.

Finally, each serving provides 1g of prickly pear cactus extract for insulin support and 500mg of MCT oil for improved recovery and energy.

When going to the micro aspects, each serving clocks in at 150 calories, 4g of carbs, and less than a gram of sugar.

This profile seems more geared towards those trying to cut or recomp, but protein can be taken by anyone.

I received the chocolate flavor and it was actually decent. I find most of gnc's proteins to always have a lackluster, diluted taste to them, but this one wasn't bad. It wasn't the absolute best chocolate protein I've had, but not the worst.

Mixability does need a little improvement. On some rare occasions, I did get little undissolved micro clumps. This happened in both water and milk preparation. It was best when prepared using a blender.

I used only one serving a day. On training days, I took a servings about 15 minutes following a workout. On non-training days, I took a serving usually in the later morning.

GNC's products, particularly their protein supps, tend to have a bit of a reputations of falling short. Nonetheless, Beyond Raw Iso-Peptide Protein actually had its benefits for me. Though I will say, I can't necessarily vouch for these "peptide" source proteins since it's difficult to really say if they arte truly a difference maker over old fashioned whey in comparison to the benefits I did see.

In any case, getting to the efficacy, the first thing I noticed was a good recovery boost. I was recovering better based on my reduced DOMS and higher levels of natural energy both after workouts and in the following days leading up to each planned training session.

The extra protein and BCAAs helped keep me in an anabolic state throughout the days and allowed me to keep my protein intake up to par without adding any unnecessary sugar or unwanted carbs and fat. The misellar source also helped keep me full longer without bothersome hunger pangs.

The decrease in fatigue and soreness helped me train continuously at a heightened intensity without feeling too bogged down to do so from previous sessions.

Can't really say much more about a protein supplement other than what I expected form a protein product.

This where the product loses significant points. The retail price, and the only one I could find, is 60 dollars for a 30 serving tub. While 30 servings is subsequent for a full month's supply, 60 dollars is simply too high a price tag for me to make an immediate recommendation over more cost effective products. It is a good protein supplement that had its benefits, but it does not carry a significant advantage over cheaper products. Therefore, such a high price does not equate to an efficient value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Beyond Raw Iso Peptide Protein does aid you in recovery, help keep you anabolic, and allows you to hit each intense training session continuously without being slowed down. However, at 60 dollars, you're better off with the more cheaper and equally effective products. I'd say if GNC can reduce the price and increase the servings, I would recommend it more immediately. Until then, the choice to invest in it to give it a try is up to you. Just try to catch it on sale.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Chocolate: 6/10

• dmf8625
    June 9, 2018

Great information in this review!

Went to the GNC website to check this product out and gotta love them, found a typo in the ingredients section where they spelled protein incorrectly. "Whey Proteion Isolate" LOL

• Zsteinf