Beyond Raw Beta-Alanine Reviews

By: GNC

(Better than 25% in Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine)

Beyond Raw Beta-Alanine is a Beta-Alanine Product manufactured by GNC. It helps increase carnosine levels, which helps buffer lactic acid and increase muscle endurance by decreasing the 'burn' during exercise. This increse in endurance can translate to increased muscle mass and strength.

Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine

Overall
Overall
7.1
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  March 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance BOOST
  • More Reps Per Set
  • Extra Sets

What is up guys? If you can't get excited for some Beta-Alanine then there is nothing in this world that can get you excited. I'd like to thank SR (Clipper) for making this review possible!

1 serving = 3.2g of Carnosyn beta-alanine
    That serving size is the exact clinical dose recommendation for the most optimal results. It couldn't get any more perfect or easy to use. There are no other ingredients.

Taste: Unflavored but still left a bitter aftertaste. I would highly recommend mixing this in with a flavored pre-workout or BCAA product.

Mixibilty: I used a blender bottle and 8 ounces of water and never had any issues. I usually mixed it in with another flavored supplement so that I didn't get that bitter/gritty taste.

Dosage: I used 1 serving pre-workout and 1 serving intra-workout. I found this to be the perfect amount spaced out enough that I felt like I could run through a brick wall, however, it was not all at once to where I'd feel like I was gonna pass out.

I used 1 serving before every workout, (I do 2 a days usually twice a week) and another serving intra-workout for optimal benefits. If you don't know what Beta-Alanine is here's a crash course from the GNC website: Beta-alanine is a precursor to carnosine, clinically shown to increase muscle pH buffering carnosine levels - a key muscle fatigue controlling factor. This is the stuff in pre-workout that can make you feel 'itchy' or 'tingly'. I love this feeling but I get that's not everyone's favorite thing, so If you tend to be sensitive to most supplements you might want to try out half a serving to start. I'm not joking when i say that my little test of using 1 serving pre and 1 serving intra worked even better than I could have hoped. I put this stuff to the ultimate test using a combination of up-tempo strength and hypertrophy training. I pushed my body to it's usual limits and I was still able to hit a couple more sets at the very end of every workout. Getting extra sets in after your 'scheduled workout' has ended is like finding $20 in a pair of old jeans, there's nothing better. I was never overwhelmed by the products potency, but I could see other people that are more beta-a sensitive to be overpowered by 2 clinical servings within the same two hour period. I stress to anyone looking to try this product to start off slow and then work your way up to a maximum of 2 servings over a moderate period of time.

This is a GNC exclusive product that is currently selling for $16.99
    That is 57 cents per serving (a clinically dosed serving I might add). I see this as one of the rare values inside a GNC store. You can make it last a full month if you stuck to only 1 serving per workout, or you could fly through it if you're a supplement junkie like me lol.

Side Effects

Tingles can occur

Conclusion

I'm a big beta-alanine guy and i'm an avid hater of GNC because of prices, manipulation, and other things. BUT, I really liked this product and the fact that it was already made into clinical doses so that I did't have to get my scale and measure it out myself.

Advertisement: