Beyond Raw Betaine Anhydrous Reviews

By: GNC

Beyond Raw Betaine Anhydrous is a Stimulant Free Pre-Workout manufactured by GNC. It can increase muscle performance, endurance and blood flow without the use of stiimulants. It promotes an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
6.1
6.1
6.3
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  April 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Thank you to the SR family. This is my first review from SR where they purchased the product. This is a GNC product done by Beyond Raw Chemistry Labs.

This is Betaine Anhydrous 2.5 grams and that is the only ingredient. This comes from sugar beets and found in healthy foods like spinach. Betaine is an amino acid that has many benefits. It can help with weight loss, muscle growth, fight heart disease, and define the body. This is a good product with positive benefits. I give this a good rating. Check your other supplements because this may already be in them.

The product looks like salt or sugar but has no taste, just a bad texture as this does not break down well. You mix one scoop with 8 oz. of liquid. The dosing is easy. I would mix this with my workout since it had no flavor. I did try it with water but the texture bothered me, so I decided that it needed to mix with something else. I give this a good rating as there was no bad taste just bad texture, mixability was fine, and dosing was good.

The tub cover makes no claims of what it can do. Usually, when you use a supplement, it will say on the label the benefits. If you want to know what it can do, you will need to do the research. For me, this is a negative. I want to know what it is and what it does. Since this is an amino acid, it is hard to see the effectiveness. This product has positives and negatives. The negative is this amino acid has many issues like it can harm blood vessels. The positive is betaine helps lower homocysteine. Homocysteine is in the blood and it can increase which will cause problems like a stroke. Betaine will work to help protein synthesis. The nice thing is this is in a low amount so the risks are low. I just want to list the good and the bad. Like I said earlier, amino acids are a hard thing to rate for effectiveness. Since this is a low amount of Betaine, it is effective so it is a good rating.

This is $17 for 30 servings which is $0.57 per serving. This is a good price, so I give that a good rating. The only thing worth noting is that this is found in many other supplements like pre-workouts, some protein blends, creatine blends, and amino acid mixes. The question for me is the additional cost for this product worth it. I say no because it is in most other supplements.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

I am just not sold on this product. I am not saying it is bad, but it's also not good. The ingredient might be harmful but it can also be helpful. The taste, mixability, and dosing are fine. Effectiveness is hard to measure. Cost is ok. I did not have any problems. In the end, are you willing to pay this much? I just don't see the benefits of this product, so I will say that it is not worth the money. Spend your money on something worth it, protein or BCAA that already has this amino acid in it.

• dmf8625
    April 3, 2018

Plus many of the complete PWO's on the market already include a good dose of this ingredient. There is a trademarked version of this ingredient called BetaPower. Worth a quick read if you want to learn more about this ingredient >> http://www.danisco.com/product-range/betaine/betapowerr/