Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Power Reviews

By: GNC

Protein > Whey Protein
Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Power is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by GNC. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery

I am by no means a supplement expert, but I am learning and have been dieting for about a year (down about 45lbs!). In just the past few months I started to increase my physical activity through exercise, and I was looking for a low calorie protein powder that would aid me in recovery. When I wandered into my local GNC store this product was recommended to me of course because it is a GNC branded product. I knew there were better products out there, but I figured I'd have to start somewhere. So I figured why not listen to somebody who knows more than the little baby bit that I knew at the time. At first glance the price made my wallet hurt a little, but I bought the 1lb bag anyway and gave it a try.

What initially turned me onto this product was that it had low calories to fit my diet, was good for muscle recovery, had Testofen to help support testosterone levels, and had Creatine to help with muscle growth. It really seems to have the main things that I am looking for in a protein powder.

I have tried this product in Chocolate fudge and Strawberry. I would avoid Strawberry as it was pretty bad, but chocolate fudge was a pretty solid choice. I would mix this product before your workout before your workout and put it in the fridge. It seemed to dissolve better with a little more time, but maybe I was just impatient. As far as dosing I take 1.5 scoops post workout, and on non training days I'll have 1 scoop in the morning with breakfast. If I feel really sore in the morning on a day that I plan to train I'll take a scoop with breakfast as well.

I most definitely feel a significant difference! My muscle mass has gained quite a bit from what it was (not much at all before), and I feel very strong while lifting. I do feel more lean as well. Muscle recovery is excellent. As far as how effective the product is, I am very pleased!

This product is expensive. I've been fortunate enough to get it on "buy one get one half off" with a coupon stacked on top of that and got a pretty decent deal. If you're looking to spend as little as possible then chances are this product isn't for you.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects from this product. The worst side effect was the weight loss in my wallet!

Conclusion

• Strawberry: 5/10
  • Chocolate Fudge: 8/10

• ODAAT365
    December 2, 2015

Why is this getting neg repped? Did I miss something? This is a better review than most. Short, but to the point. All the info is there and it's well written.

• December 3, 2015

I marked this as helpful since he is new to the site and it's his first review, but I think this is getting neg repped due to its vagueness. This is not a bad review, but if may offer some constructive criticism, try giving more specifics next time. For instance, talk briefly about the ingredients, especially the ones that stand out, and how much of each is in there. What is Testofen? Are there any studies out there evaluating its effectiveness? How much is in this per serving? Do they disclose the amounts of the ingredients, or do they use a proprietary blend? Also, you said this was expensive, but how much does a container of this cost? Better yet, what are the costs per serving available for this?

Regarding effectiveness, always elaborate on aspects that you feel are important for people to know more about when they're in the market for something. You were short and to the point here, which I think is probably the best approach for a protein review (or any other staples such as multivitamins, creatine, etc..), so kudos here. Just remember that the more specific you are in your review, the more helpful it will be to others looking for feedback on a particular product.

All that being said, this is a good review, so thanks for taking the time to put it together and share. I just wanted to give some constructive feedback.

• medinacirilo
    December 3, 2015

I'll +rep because you're on the right track, and you're obviously not shilling for GNC. But you've gotta expand on some of the details. For instance; in Profile, maybe break each ingredient down (testofen, for instance) and its studies/purpose. In Effectivness you state you leaned out but gained muscle mass. That's awesome, but maybe how much weight did you gain/lose, and did belt size change? Did your lifts increase? Like the guys above, just trying to help. Btw protein is one of the more difficult items to review (compared to say, preworkouts) since it's not an immediate effect. Hope I don't discourage you, and if you have any questions feel free to hit me up

• Laudy152
    December 3, 2015

Thanks for the input guys. I'll make sure to go more in-depth in my future reviews.

• kalans
    December 4, 2015

We must treat each review with the same requirements regardless of the first or twentieth, that being said what Robert said is exactly what is needed along with Medinacirilo. You have near 48 hours upon submission of a review to edit it, or when it goes into moderation from down votes. Previously this same review was down voted and yet again it wasn't edited but reposted. Conclusion was totally left out but still in the review, yet if I could the words I am sure it hits the bare minimum of 400. The review just needs a revision in my eyes, just as recently a well know trooper posted a less than stellar review and it got down voted completely. We all need a reminder to keep out commitment and the quality of our reviews..