AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Reviews

Overall
Overall
  December 2, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Increase
  • Muscle Size Increase
  • Amazing Recovery
  • Strength Gains
  • Tastes Great
  • Rapid Recovery
  • Protein Tolerance
  • Price
  • Terrible Taste
I wont bore readers with a breakdown of the ingredients in this protein. What I will do is review what I felt while I took two tubs of chocolate flavor and following the 2-scoop serving (more on that to follow).

I'm going to get the bad out of the way first, so you can see it's not really "bad" so to say but I'm sure some of you may know where I'm going with this:

Price: Terrible. Highway robbery. Those are the words I can use to describe how I felt when I plunked $64 dollars down for a tub of this. However, GNC constantly has deals on this product as BOGO/half off and that's where the real price value can be attained.

Taste: Horrid. I read many reviews where readers thought it tasted great but I will kindly disagree. It tasted like ash and synthetics. Since we have all swallowed supplements thousands of times, we know how to not taste things when we eat/drink them and that's what I would do with this protein.
---------------------
Now the GOOD:

Ingredient Profile:
At 2 scoops (big ones)--you get 40 grams of protein and all the BCAA's a lifter needs. This is the serving I dosed at for two tubs and I wouldn't recommend you waste your money on the 60 gram serving. I can't in all honesty advise this since the product is pricey and there are great, bountiful reasons for sticking to the 40 gram serving. The label will explain to the user what the profiles are from 20-60 grams (1-3 scoops). I will leave that up to the user to decide but I had great effects from 2 scoops (40 grams). The rest of the ingredients can be found on a simple Internet search.

Mixability:
I would say it stands with O.N. Two scoops in about 5 ounces of water broke down to a non-clumpy drink and quite easily. No pudding like effect either.

I'm not a scientist nor was I part of any blind study to break down the effects of this product. However, I know what it's like to not use protein in some ways (not including through diet) when heavy weight training is involved. It's silly not to supplement a quality protein.

I am being truthful when I say this product took most of the soreness away the next day and left my muscles in a state of "readiness." What I mean by readiness is this: I can do my 2 day split with ease, not worrying about how my body will feel the next day after a workout when I need to hit it hard again. No other protein mix has done this for me personally and I'm currently on a tub of Platinum Hydrowhey to test this (slightly cheaper than than Wheybolic).

I know my body is getting the nutrition it needs, the protein to feed my muscles and safely recover from a brutal workout.

I was able to add weight (of course not 50 pounds each time) to each routine, week after week. I'm a set to rep lifter (more sets, 6-8 reps) and the recovery this product gave me kept me where I wanted to be, each lift.

I would recommend this powder based on recovery alone.

Use:
I took 2 scoops about 20 minutes after my workout, with 2 Kre-Alkalyn caps. Before each workout, I used Assault, with 3 Kre caps.

If I pounded myself hard the day before, I would take just 1 scoop in the morning and eat breakfast.

Overall:
This protein doesn't make you feel bloated/full (can be taken before a meal without making you feel like you've eaten already).

The ingredient profile is enough to show you that your supplementing properly for recovery. The price point stinks but think of what you're doing in the gym. I used to mix my own supplements and take them with Gold Standard but it became pretty tedious to do that (others may do very well at it).

I'd like to experiment with a scoop about a half hour before the workout (when I get a tub again and rest assured I will) to see if I can increase recovery as well.

This protein is also good on my kidneys as I've had other protein products raise my kidney numbers (simple blood test from your doctor can help guide your dosages). So that's another big plus for users who are slightly intolerant to "too much" protein.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope it can help someone else out there.

• irondude
    December 2, 2013

Is a nice overpriced protein, I just buy it close dated(next to exp date) and use it post wo.